What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Match Ups to Exploit/Avoid (1 Viewer)

laughinboy_2000

Footballguy
Using the same format as last time guys. I have not had time to sit down and see what I would like to change. Any changes you guys would like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

So let's get down to business!

- AZ @ Baltimore:

Is anyone else surprised at the Arizona defense so far this year? This looks like a different team this year. The Ravens will be going with Kyle Boler who IMO is not an upgrade at QB.

Boldin/Fitz: It was nice to see the Cards finally figure out that Boldin and Fitz have to be involved if they want to win games. This would be a neutral match up as the Ravens have the 16th rated pass defense in the league. Boldin and Fitz should go for anywhere from 50-80 yards receiving, and one of these guys should get into the end zone. Good luck on figuring out who it will be. They both make solid WR3/FLEX options.

Mason/Heap: For two weeks now, Mason has delivered some solid stats. He’s not finding the end zone, but in PPR leagues, he’s given you some consistent numbers with his catches and yards. TE Heap has also been very involved in the offense and managed to hit pay dirt for the first time last week. Both Mason and Heap make decent plays this week and one of them should find the end zone. My guess is Mason, who should be good for 60-80 yards passing and possible TD.

- STL @ TB:

Wow, who has given Jeff Garcia and Joey Galloway a sip of the fountain of youth? Garcia lit up the Saints secondary last week to the tune of 243 yards passing and two long TDs to Joey. Things only get better this week as they take on a Ram secondary that has no problems giving up points. Holt and Bruce continue to be solid options for fantasy owners.

Holt/Bruce: The Rams continue to struggle running the ball with SJax, but it is benefiting Mark Bulgar and the Ram receivers. Holt and Bruce had huge days last week, and I don’t see the Rams being able to run the ball against the Bucs vaunted defense. This means Bruce and Holt will have to move the offense. Holt has yet to go over 100 yards yet, but he is a threat to do it every week. Bruce has been a yardage machine so far this year and makes a nice WR3 or flex option this week.

Galloway/Hilliard: The match ups only seem to be getting better for Galloway. This week Galloway should be able to have his way with the Ram secondary. He can be considered a WR2 with 100+ yards and a TD this week. Hilliard may be able to post some yards to, but Galloway is the main man in week 3.

- SF @ Pittsburgh:

Is anyone else surprised at the Steeler D? They’ve given up the fewest points in the league through two weeks. They are licking their chops to get to Alex Smith who has struggled moving the offense so far. This is a bad match up for the San Fran offense.

Jackson/Battle/Davis: Stay away from all SF receivers this week, because I don’t see Smith having any success throwing the ball. The Steelers are playing great defense and they will lock down Smith and company this week.

Ward/Holmes: Start them both this week. They are solid options and the Pittsburgh offense is rolling. Yea I know the San Fran D has been decent so far, but I just don’t see them hanging with Big Ben and the Steeler offense. Holmes and Ward should have no problems posting 50-80 yards each with a possible TD as well.

- Detroit @ Philadelphia:

So let me get this straight, it’s the 2-0 Lions against the 0-2 Eagles? Does this look the least bit odd to people?

Williams/CJ2/Furrey/McDonald: OK, I have to admit, I did not think it was possible to start any Detroit WR, but I was wrong. I’ll add Shaun McDonald now as a recommended start in fantasy world as he was second on the team last week in receptions with seven. Philly has the 8th best passing defense, but with the way Martz has Kitna slinging the ball, that’s not going to matter. Start your Lion WRs until further notice.

Brown/Curtis/Westy: What in God’s name is wrong with Donovan McNabb? Is it because he shaved his afro and is now sporting the clean cut look? Whatever it is, he has looked horrible and is killing his fantasy teams. Westy seems to be the only reliable receiving option, but he may not as effective due to a sprained knee. This is just a gut feeling, but I like Reggie Brown to get into the end zone this week and maybe posting 50-60 yards receiving, especially if Westy is not effective. I’d sit everybody else.

- Miami @ NYJ:

Chambers/Booker: Chambers was targeted a whopping 16 times last week against the Cowboys folks and is now second in the league with 27 overall for 2007. He is only behind Housh and Javon Walker who each have 28. Chambers has another good match up this week against Jets, and I just don’t see the Fins moving the ball on the ground. Trent Green threw the ball 40 times last week because their running game was so bad. For the second week in a row, Chambers and Booker make nice plays and should be in your lineups. Like last week, one of these two is going over 100 yards receiving, and judging by the 16 targets last week I’d say it’s going to be Chambers.

Cotchery/Coles: The Fins got no pressure what so ever last week on Romo last week, so Pennington or Clemens should have all day to find Cotchery and Coles. Both of these guys make great starts this week and I see the Jets having success throwing the ball through the air.

- Buffalo @ NE:

Evans/Parrish: Fantasy world, meet the biggest bust at the WR position so far through two weeks. His name is Lee Evans. Now I know they have had some tough match ups through two weeks, but four catches for 22 yards is just downright absurd. How bad has it gotten for Evans owners? Some dude named Roscoe Parrish has out produced Evans through two weeks. Now that’s bad! Need some more evidence on why you should not be starting Evans this week? How about Lee’s pathetic three catches for 35 yards total from BOTH games last year. Believe it or not, I would recommend Parrish this week over Evans. Stay away from both though if at all possible.

Moss/Welker/Watson: Wow, are these three guys getting some action within the Pats offense or what? In last week’s beat down of the Chargers, this trio caught 21 of Brady’s 25 completions. I see no reason this will change this week, as all three are must starts at this point. Randy Moss is slowly but surely changing my mind about him in general. He looks like he did back in Minnesota with Daunte. If he can stay healthy, he’ll be a top 5 WR at the end of the year.

- Minnesota @ KC:

I’m going to keep this real short and sweet. Don’t even think about starting any receivers in this game unless you REALLY want to lose. Case closed.

Wade/Wiilliamson: Umm.. No and No!

Jeff Webb/Gonzales: Let’s see here. Uh, Hell No.. and No! Next…

-Indy @ Houston:

It’s a damn shame AJ went down for the Texans, because I honestly believe they would have had a shot to win this game and continue their Cinderella run. But without Andre, the Texans have no shot. Let’s hope Andre returns VERY soon and can get the Texans into a playoff game.

Harrison/Wayne/Clark: OK Wayne and Harrison, where were you guys last week? Yea, I like the yardage and what not, but you guys failed to hit pay dirt. Let’s try not to let that happen again this week OK? Did anybody else see that poor ### tackling from the Texans against Steve Smith last week? Harrison and Wayne will have career days if that continues to happen. Clark should chip in 50+ yards and a possible score for the Colts.

Jones/Daniels/Green: The guy Shaub will be looking to in this group will be Daniels. I’m not sold on Jones quite yet, but I did like what I saw from him in pre-season. He had all of one target last week, so I would have a wait and see approach to him after this week. I see Ahmad Green getting a lot of dump off passes this week to try and move the ball.

- SD @ GB:

This will be one of the more entertaining games of the week. I honestly do see the offense for the Chargers getting in gear.

VJax/Gates/LT: These guys will be busy this week against the Pack attack, and I think all three are worthy of starts this week. Understand though, Rivers is locked in on Gates and he is their number one option within the passing game. VJax will be the deep threat in this game so if Rivers can get some time, he may try to throw a few his way. LT will have his typical 4-5 catches for 30-50 yards effort.

Driver/Jones: Both of these guys are must starts this week, as the New England exposed the SD secondary last week. Driver did not come through with two TDs like I had predicted last week, but he’s a solid start again this week, and may go over 100 yards, and should definitely find the end zone. Jones is last year’s version of Greg Jennings. The kids got some great hands, and I’m not sure Jennings will be getting his starting gig back. Jones is much more durable and compliments Driver very well. Don’t be surprised if he finds the end zone this week.

- Cincinnati @ Seattle:

CJ/Housh/Glenn Holt: I gotta give CJ some props, he’s got some guts going into the Dog Pound last week where I saw at least three people throw beer on him. But he just abused the Browns secondary last week, and it was fun to watch. I highly doubt the Hawks will let him run wild like that this week, but another 100+ yards and a TD are automatic. Housh is automatic for 5-7 catches 70-90 yards and a TD. Enough Said. Then there’s this guy Glenn Holt who has come out of nowhere. I’m a big fan of his already after seeing the hit he took on his touchdown catch last week. Not quite sure if I would start him yet, but he has potential.

Branch/Engram: Did you see what the Brownies did to the Cincinnati secondary? Branch and Engram have the potential to blow up this week. If the Hawks decide to throw the ball, Hass should have a monster day hooking up with Branch and Engram. The problem is they have this guy named Shaun Alexander who could prevent that from actually happening. But I honestly don’t like what I’ve seen from SA, so this could be a shootout through the air. Branch should have no problems going over 100 yards again this week.

- Cleveland @ OAK:

Jurevicius/Edwards/Winslow: For some reason I’m just not believing what I saw from the Browns offense last week. This Oakland secondary is better than people give them credit for, and I don’t see the Raiders giving up more than two TDs in this game. Edwards and Winslow should be the main targets, with Jurevicius hauling in some yardage. Winslow will find the end zone again this week, but I don’t see any of the receivers going over 100 yards though.

Curry/Porter/Jordan: Last week I thought Ronald Curry had a bad match up with Denver’s Champ Bailey, and sure enough, he had two catches for 12 yards. This week he will rebound big folks. I see him going over 100 yards and catching a TD. Porter got loose last week for a long score, and he could have another one in store for the Brownies. Jordan only got one target after his huge nine catch effort in week one. I see this leveling out to five catches for Lamont this week. Curry is a nice WR3/FLEX option this week for the fantasy folks.

- Jacksonville @ Denver:

Northcutt/Williams: The Jags have got to be the most puzzling team in the NFL right now. They need to run the ball this week against Denver who is near the bottom of the league in rushing defense, but I doubt they will. Northcutt believe it or not is apparently the go to guy as he leads the team in targets right now. That being said, he has not business being in a fantasy lineup this week, especially if he’s covered by Champ Bailey. Reggie Williams finally got involved last week catching a touchdown, but as with Northcutt I would not start him this week.

Walker/Marshall: Javon Walker is tied right now for the league lead in targets with 28 and is a must start against the Jags. He is Cutler’s go to guy and should be in for a big day. Marshall continues to be productive as well as the Bronco’s number 2 option in the passing game. The part I like about Marshall is what this kid does after he catches the ball. He broke several tackles last week and gained some extra yards which are always nice to see. Both of these guys are quite the tandem and need to be in fantasy lineups.

- Carolina @ ATL:

Ya know this used to be fun game to watch. Division rivals at each other’s throats. Vick scrambling around and making crazy plays. No Falcons have Joey Harrington and it’s just not the same.

Smith/Carter: Sweet Jesus, did anybody else see that 70+ yard touchdown by Smittee where he broke four tackles and took off down the sidelines? Damn that was sweet! And things will get sweeter this week because the Atlanta secondary just plain SUCKS! I expect another 100+ yards and two touchdowns from Smith this week. The guy is just a freak of nature. Drew Carter ceiling seems to be about four catches for 50 yards and the occasional TD.

Crumpler/Roddy White: Harrington is going to have to throw the ball to somebody and Crum and White seem to be his favorite targets. I would highly recommend staying away from these guys, but Crump will post the better numbers. The Falcons will try and pound Dunn and Norwood, so I see little value starting Falcon WRs at this point.

- NYG @ Washington:

I will be the first to admit, I was impressed with Eli gritting it out last week and playing with a bum shoulder. He’s got a tough Washington defense this week though that will harass him all day long.

Burress/Toomer/Shockey: Plax added yet another TD to his total last week against the Packers. He is the guy Eli looks to when they need a score. It was Shockey though that got the majority of the looks last week as Eli looked to dump off passes to his TE. Burress and Shockey are quality starts this week, but Toomer seems to be getting less attention within the offense. Fantasy wise, I would not recommend playing Toomer.

Moss/Cooley: Both make great plays this week, as the G-men have now given up seven passing TDs through two games. Moss has a chance to crack the 100 yard mark and get a TD, and Cooley should find his way into the end zone as well.

- Dallas @ Chicago:

Good match up here as the Cowboys potent offense will go up against the Bears defense in Primetime. I can’t wait to see if the Dallas offense can keep things clicking.

Owens/Witten: The Bears have the 13th best pass defense in the NFL and Damon Huard threw for 175 yards and a TD last week against them. The way you beat them is through the air, and the Bears have nobody to match up with TO. If the Cowboys get inside the 10 yard line, look for Witten to become an option and he may be able to find pay dirt.

Berrian/Moose: Grossman has got to be more consistent if they want to win this game. Finding Berrian should be a key part of the Bears pass attack against the Cowboys who do struggle against the pass. Berrian should have had his first 100 yard game last week, but Grossman prevented that from happening. Berrian again has a chance to crack the 100 yard mark this week, but Grossman needs to be more accurate with his throws for that to happen. Moose disappeared last week, but he should be much more involved this week, and post some nice yardage, with the possibility of a TD.

- Tennessee @ N.O.

Interesting match up here as the Titan defense in my opinion will present some problems for the Saints offense. Count me in as officially worried about the Saints offense this year. They resemble nothing of the offense I saw last year.

Williams/Scaife: If you have not already heard of Roydell Williams, you may want to take a look at him. I like this kid a lot and he is right now in my opinion, the best Titan receiver, and his QB Vince young knows it. I would consider him a sleeper this week, because the Saint secondary is just plain horrendous. Williams had a solid game last week catching four passes for 72 yards including a nice diving TD catch. He’s a solid WR3/Flex play this week and I see another 70+ yard and a TD this week.

Colston/Bush: The one receiver producing right now is Colston. He was targeted 10 times last week and hauled in eight of them for 70 yards and a four-yard score. Bush meanwhile hauled in a season high six passes for 43 yards. The Saints are playing at home in the Dome, so I’m hoping the Saints can snap out of their offensive slump. The problem is the Titans showed last week against the high powered Colts that they have a solid pass defense allowing Manning only one passing TD. I can see the Titan defense creating enough problems for the Saints offense to possibly win this game. Colston will get his numbers, but I’m worried about the rest of the offense. Both of these guys are must starts, I just don’t see the Saints lighting up the scoreboard.

Good read again!!! :thumbup:

"Brown/Curtis/Westy: What in God’s name is wrong with Donovan McNabb? Is it because he shaved his afro and is now sporting the clean cut look? Whatever it is, he has looked horrible and is killing his fantasy teams. Westy seems to be the only reliable receiving option, but he may not as effective due to a sprained knee. This is just a gut feeling, but I like Reggie Brown to get into the end zone this week and maybe posting 50-60 yards receiving, especially if Westy is not effective. I’d sit everybody else."

Will Avant be thrown into this mix in the near future?

Jurevicius/Edwards/Winslow: For some reason I’m just not believing what I saw from the Browns offense last week. This Oakland secondary is better than people give them credit for, and I don’t see the Raiders giving up more than two TDs in this game. Edwards and Winslow should be the main targets, with Jurevicius hauling in some yardage. Winslow will find the end zone again this week, but I don’t see any of the receivers going over 100 yards though.
So far, Oakland is giving up an average of 272 yards passing a game. They're also getting two interceptions a game. The Oakland D may generate turnovers, but you can pass on them. Expect Edwards to have a big game.

- Minnesota @ KC:

I’m going to keep this real short and sweet. Don’t even think about starting any receivers in this game unless you REALLY want to lose. Case closed.

I am not saying that I don't agree with starting anyone from these teams, but I don't see why you picked Jeff Weeb as the WR to mention. Bowe and Parker would both be ahead of Webb. :mellow:

Good read again!!! :mellow: "Brown/Curtis/Westy: What in God’s name is wrong with Donovan McNabb? Is it because he shaved his afro and is now sporting the clean cut look? Whatever it is, he has looked horrible and is killing his fantasy teams. Westy seems to be the only reliable receiving option, but he may not as effective due to a sprained knee. This is just a gut feeling, but I like Reggie Brown to get into the end zone this week and maybe posting 50-60 yards receiving, especially if Westy is not effective. I’d sit everybody else."Will Avant be thrown into this mix in the near future?
I'm really worried about McNabb. Avant had a nice game last week, and I could see him getting 50-60 yards this week, but not much else.

- Minnesota @ KC:

I am not saying that I don't agree with starting anyone from these teams, but I don't see why you picked Jeff Weeb as the WR to mention. Bowe and Parker would both be ahead of Webb. :shrug:
Bowie only had two catches last week, and JWEBB led all receivers in yards and targets. Bowie will struggle this week, and I see another 2-3 catch performance for 30 yards.

- SD @ GB:

This will be one of the more entertaining games of the week. I honestly do see the offense for the Chargers getting in gear.

VJax/Gates/LT: These guys will be busy this week against the Pack attack, and I think all three are worthy of starts this week. Understand though, Rivers is locked in on Gates and he is their number one option within the passing game. VJax will be the deep threat in this game so if Rivers can get some time, he may try to throw a few his way. LT will have his typical 4-5 catches for 30-50 yards effort.

Driver/Jones: Both of these guys are must starts this week, as the New England exposed the SD secondary last week. Driver did not come through with two TDs like I had predicted last week, but he’s a solid start again this week, and may go over 100 yards, and should definitely find the end zone. Jones is last year’s version of Greg Jennings. The kids got some great hands, and I’m not sure Jennings will be getting his starting gig back. Jones is much more durable and compliments Driver very well. Don’t be surprised if he finds the end zone this week.
Jinxed. Jones leaves practice with apparent hamstring injury today.

- SD @ GB:

Jinxed. Jones leaves practice with apparent hamstring injury today.
Yikes! :shrug: If Jennings can't play either, it looks like the Pack may have to be forced to start... Do I even say it....

Ruvell Martin? :no:

- Dallas @ Chicago:

Good match up here as the Cowboys potent offense will go up against the Bears defense in Primetime. I can’t wait to see if the Dallas offense can keep things clicking.

Owens/Witten: The Bears have the 13th best pass defense in the NFL and Damon Huard threw for 175 yards and a TD last week against them. The way you beat them is through the air, and the Bears have nobody to match up with TO. If the Cowboys get inside the 10 yard line, look for Witten to become an option and he may be able to find pay dirt.

Berrian/Moose: Grossman has got to be more consistent if they want to win this game. Finding Berrian should be a key part of the Bears pass attack against the Cowboys who do struggle against the pass. Berrian should have had his first 100 yard game last week, but Grossman prevented that from happening. Berrian again has a chance to crack the 100 yard mark this week, but Grossman needs to be more accurate with his throws for that to happen. Moose disappeared last week, but he should be much more involved this week, and post some nice yardage, with the possibility of a TD.
Just curious...if the Bears have no one to match up against TO, does anyone? The Bears have "Peanut" Tillman, who will get burned by the Steve Smith's of the world but is as good a "big" corner as there is in the league. Not that I'd recommend sitting TO...just saying that I'd guess Tillman matches up with him as well as any corner in the league.

Last edited by a moderator:
- Dallas @ Chicago:

Just curious...if the Bears have no one to match up against TO, does anyone? The Bears have "Peanut" Tillman, who will get burned by the Steve Smith's of the world but is as good a "big" corner as there is in the league. Not that I'd recommend sitting TO...just saying that I'd guess Tillman matches up with him as well as any corner in the league.
Simple Answer - NO. I'm not saying TO is going to blow up this week. 75 yards and a trip to the endzone is possible though. You have to remember. The Bears can be had through the air. They rank 13th in the league in passing defense. I can see Romo passing for 200 yards and two TDs, but that's it.

Holt/Bruce: The Rams continue to struggle running the ball with SJax, but it is benefiting Mark Bulgar and the Ram receivers. Holt and Bruce had huge days last week, and I don’t see the Rams being able to run the ball against the Bucs vaunted defense. This means Bruce and Holt will have to move the offense. Holt has yet to go over 100 yards yet, but he is a threat to do it every week. Bruce has been a yardage machine so far this year and makes a nice WR3 or flex option this week.
:bag: After 2 weeks, the Bucs are ranked 20th against the run (the same ranking they have against the pass) and are giving up an average of around 120 ypg on the ground. Week 1, Alexander got off to a slow start, but had a pretty solid second half against them and ended up with 105 yards. The Saints pretty much gave up on the run, but McAllister still averaged about 5 ypc against them. Granted, the Rams' line is a shambles, but that's been getting Bulger hit--hard--a lot. Seems just as bad for the passing game as the running game. Not saying that Holt/Bruce aren't decent plays, but I don't see how you make that call based on the Bucs' "vaunted defense."

- Dallas @ Chicago:

Simple Answer - NO. I'm not saying TO is going to blow up this week. 75 yards and a trip to the endzone is possible though. You have to remember. The Bears can be had through the air. They rank 13th in the league in passing defense. I can see Romo passing for 200 yards and two TDs, but that's it.
Gotcha -- about what I'd think, just wanted to clarify. And with everyone else, thanks for the hard work!

:topcat: After 2 weeks, the Bucs are ranked 20th against the run (the same ranking they have against the pass) and are giving up an average of around 120 ypg on the ground. Week 1, Alexander got off to a slow start, but had a pretty solid second half against them and ended up with 105 yards. The Saints pretty much gave up on the run, but McAllister still averaged about 5 ypc against them. Granted, the Rams' line is a shambles, but that's been getting Bulger hit--hard--a lot. Seems just as bad for the passing game as the running game. Not saying that Holt/Bruce aren't decent plays, but I don't see how you make that call based on the Bucs' "vaunted defense."
OK, so maybe "vaunted" is taking it a little too far. And yes, Bulgar is getting hit a lot, but the guy still threw for 360+ yards last week. Let's look at SJax's numbers so far this year against "average" defenses I feel in Carolina and SF. He had 58 yards rushing and 60 yards rushing respectively. The Bucs play better defense at home, and away from the Dome I see SJax struggling this week. The way to move the ball for the Rams is through the air this week with Holt/Bruce. I'd give SJax maybe 75 yards this week with a possible TD, but that's it.

- Tennessee @ N.O.

Williams/Scaife: If you have not already heard of Roydell Williams, you may want to take a look at him. I like this kid a lot and he is right now in my opinion, the best Titan receiver, and his QB Vince young knows it. I would consider him a sleeper this week, because the Saint secondary is just plain horrendous. Williams had a solid game last week catching four passes for 72 yards including a nice diving TD catch. He’s a solid WR3/Flex play this week and I see another 70+ yard and a TD this week.
i have been looking into the titans wr situation all week and i have found absolutely nothing that says williams will start. and according to the titans message boards and depth charts all over, jones and moulds are the starters. williams had 0 catches in week 1 and 4 in week 2 and it seems like all of a sudden he is the star in tennessee. a solid wr 3/ flex and 70+ with a td for the 2nd week in a row from a guy who is not even a starter and was blanked without a catch just 2 weeks ago is very brave imo. not saying it couldnt happen but....

Last edited by a moderator:
- Tennessee @ N.O.

i have been looking into the titans wr situation all week and i have found absolutely nothing that says williams will start. and according to the titans message boards and depth charts all over, jones and moulds are the starters. williams had 0 catches in week 1 and 4 in week 2 and it seems like all of a sudden he is the star in tennessee. a solid wr 3/ flex and 70+ with a td for the 2nd week in a row from a guy who is not even a starter and was blanked without a catch just 2 weeks ago is very brave imo. not saying it couldnt happen but....
I'll take that as a compliment! :wall: I'll also bet that he takes the place of Eric "I Suck Out Loud" Moulds before the season is over. I like RW a LOT this week.

I'll take that as a compliment! :bowtie: I'll also bet that he takes the place of Eric "I Suck Out Loud" Moulds before the season is over. I like RW a LOT this week.
i'm not saying that i do not agree, but to not even discuss the actual starters ( moulds and jones) as if you are declaring that williams has become the go to guy after only 2 games ( 1 game in which he was blanked) is a brave call.

I'll take that as a compliment! :blackdot: I'll also bet that he takes the place of Eric "I Suck Out Loud" Moulds before the season is over. I like RW a LOT this week.
i'm not saying that i do not agree, but to not even discuss the actual starters ( moulds and jones) as if you are declaring that williams has become the go to guy after only 2 games ( 1 game in which he was blanked) is a brave call.
In this thread I will only mention the WRs that I feel have value. I'm not going four and five deep into a teams receiving core, I just don't have enough time for that. The actual starters for Tennessee IMO don't present any kind of fantasy value. Neither one of them have scored a TD. I like what I saw from Williams last week, so I'm throwing him in as a sleeper this week. I hate what I've seen from Moulds and Jones. And why can't can't a WR3 have any value?

i am keeping my running backs away from good run defenses and my wrs away from good pass defenses

:yes:

Users who are viewing this thread