What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Nathaniel “Tank” Dell, HOU (1 Viewer)

John Crumpler
Tank Dell, with a limited sample size, has run more of his routes aligned from out wide (82.4%) than:

- Nico Collins: 53.3%
- Noah Brown: 25%
- John Metchie: 25%

Not just a slot player. Curious to see if this holds as Dell gets more snaps with the starting core #WeAreTexans

Obvious caveats to this: Tank Dell missed the game against Miami & hasn’t aligned much with Nico Collins & Robert Woods.

However, the early returns suggest they’re comfortable moving him & Collins around.

They can hunt mismatches on those 2 profiles.

any thoughts on Tank this weekend? i love his talent/situation with the texans and think he can be a major factor for this offense this season. In my eyes, he is their most talented WR on the roster.

any insights into texans practice this week and if he is getting 1st team reps

any thoughts on Tank this weekend? i love his talent/situation with the texans and think he can be a major factor for this offense this season. In my eyes, he is their most talented WR on the roster.

This is a tough topic given that Texan fans don't exist, or their too embarassed to show themselves. Bless their hearts. ;)

Tank owner in multiple leagues and I won't be starting him anywhere week 1. I do believe he's getting 1st team reps, but its as WR3 and not 100% of them. So even if he does wind up being the legit WR3, and winds up not rotating too much with their WR4, he still won't be on the field in 2 WR sets (believe that's been Nico Collins and Robert Woods). I think we will not only need to verify his usage first, but it will probably take him a few weeks to earn his snaps and targets. I'm with you though on talent, by the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the WR2 on the team and in an every down role.

In general, I try not to get too cute setting my lineups week 1. The shiny toys at the end of the bench are fun and often carry the most excitement, but there's a reason they were being drafted 13/14/15 rounds. I wouldn't be relying on them for putting up points early in the year.

Tank owner in multiple leagues and I won't be starting him anywhere week 1. I do believe he's getting 1st team reps, but its as WR3 and not 100% of them. So even if he does wind up being the legit WR3, and winds up not rotating too much with their WR4, he still won't be on the field in 2 WR sets (believe that's been Nico Collins and Robert Woods). I think we will not only need to verify his usage first, but it will probably take him a few weeks to earn his snaps and targets. I'm with you though on talent, by the end of the season I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the WR2 on the team and in an every down role.

In general, I try not to get too cute setting my lineups week 1. The shiny toys at the end of the bench are fun and often carry the most excitement, but there's a reason they were being drafted 13/14/15 rounds. I wouldn't be relying on them for putting up points early in the year.

Thanks! I am not starting him either but I am just trying to decide if he is a better stash than some options on the waiver like DPJ, Woods, Hodgins, etc.

Thanks! I am not starting him either but I am just trying to decide if he is a better stash than some options on the waiver like DPJ, Woods, Hodgins, etc.
Ahhhh gotcha. I personally like him better than those named guys. But I've been a Tank believer since before the NFL draft. So certainly some bias in my opinion haha. I think while he may be a longer percentage chance to hit than some options currently on waivers, I think his ceiling far surpasses them. I see a potential DJax in him. I like those risky options with my bench depth, especially before we get to bye weeks when you may actually need them.

Nathaniel "Tank" Dell caught 3-of-4 targets for 37 yards in the Texans’ Week 1 loss to the Ravens.

As expected, Dell played well behind Nico Collins and Robert Woods in this one, but he showed sure hands when given the opportunity to make a play. The explosive playmaking we’ve come to expect from Dell wasn’t fully on display, but things could’ve gone worse for the rookie third-rounder. Dell can be left off fantasy radars heading into Week 2 against the Colts, but he and C.J. Stroud appeared to have a good rapport at times.

- Rotoworld

Tank Dell finished second among Texans receivers in snaps in the team’s Week 2 loss to the Colts.

You’ve likely seen the box score by now. Dell caught 7-of-10 targets for 72 yards and a touchdown in Houston’s loss, but he also played on 66-of-84 snaps, with Robert Woods’ 71 snaps leading all Texans receivers. Sunday marked the second consecutive week where we saw Texans receivers boosted by negative game script. Both Woods and No. 1 receiver Nico Collins saw eight and nine targets, respectively, but Dell ran well ahead of Xavier Hutchinson, whose 18 snaps ranked fourth on the team.

Surprised nobody is talking about him. Thinking about burning waiver budget on him.
Probably some combination of many seeing Nico as the guy to have and that Texans won't throw nearly as much on a weekly basis. I think he's worth a stash though - kid has some talent.

He is definitely worth a pickup. The stars are aligning for him. He is motivated (has the Tom Brady list of WRs drafted before him), very talented, CJ wanted the Texans to draft him, positive reports in the off season, he played almost the most snaps at WR last week, etc... I know it is one game, but the first game after Noah Brown is out, he is thrusted into a good role.

intriguing for redraft, but for me it's a minimum bid kind of situation. looks like he ate most of Brown's share, but i'll ask, what is the WR2 on Hou worth? and even then this looks like eventual even share between the three of them, so what is that worth. Woods and Collins are good enough to keep up their performance so far. on the positive, Hou so far third in pass attempts through two weeks and like Mac Jones, Stroud will need to keep up this pace just to stay in games.

Snap% / Target Wk1 Wk2

Collins 71.4/11 61.9/9
Woods 75.3/10 85.7/9
Dell 48.1/4 78.6/10
Brown 67.5/4 0/0

wks 6-8 marked on CBS as bad matchup for the passing game for Hou btw, wk7 is bye.

DELL SZN!
I missed this sad news, but glad to have Tank getting the opportunity. Gonna be someone I flex going forward. I see him as a WR2 ROS w/ some Rookie inconsistencies. The Rapport with the QB I feel is the biggest hurdle, so he got express lane into a great role and week 2 will be more of the norm than people think. He's small but so sudden.

3 for 59 on 5 targets in the first half. My professional opinion - “the guy is a football player” - put me on ESPN. His size never bothered me. Was happy to wait and grab this guy in the 4th rd of my dynasty drafts. Robbery.

Nathaniel "Tank" Dell caught 5-of-7 targets for 145 yards and a touchdown in the Texans’ Week 3 win over the Jaguars.

Dell was connecting with fellow rookie C.J. Stroud all day against the Jaguars. He scored on a 68-yard pass from Stroud and was tackled at the two-yard line on another deep ball. Dell led the Texans in targets with his second-straight game of at least five receptions. Nico Collins, Robert Woods and Dell are all seeing high volume from Stroud in a surprisingly fantasy-relevant Texans offense. Dell is establishing himself as an intriguing flex play against the Steelers in Week 4.
- Rotoworld
Suddenly Texans offense can support more than one passcatcher? What an amazing time we live in.

Last edited:
Small sample size but I’m becoming a believer. What makes his performances more special is he is doing it in HOU with a rookie QB.
I bought as many shares as possible before the season started.
He is an unstoppable missle out there.
ROY consideration if he continues to shine.

the "worry" remains whether he and flowers can withstand the punishment/injury in the nfl...

but if they can, they are the new wave of WR - something I tried to push all offseason on here. seems like defenders just can't get a hand on this guys.

the "worry" remains whether he and flowers can withstand the punishment/injury in the nfl...

but if they can, they are the new wave of WR - something I tried to push all offseason on here. seems like defenders just can't get a hand on this guys.
Another thing I noticed with Dell is they aren’t afraid to line him up on the outside. They play him all over the field. He just gets open. On that bomb that set up the Pierce TD in the first quarter there were two guys on him with a third right behind and he still made the catch. I said in one of those bold prediction threads on here that Dell will emerge as the Texans WR1 and he’s done nothing to dissuade me from that agenda thus far.

Thanks to this thread I grabbed him off waivers, his 28 points looked nice on my bench.

What really caught my attention was the story about Stroud requesting him to be drafted (not 109% sure if that is fact or internet legend). I believe Stroud played at OSU and Tank played at Houston, don't know if they played together somewhere prior to that or knew each other from one of those camps that the top high school guys go to.

But it tells me that Stroud likes him, respects him, and trusts him. Reminds me a bit of Burrow -Chase, minus the breaking every college record on the way to a Natty. But same chemistry.

Worst case he is a flex/bye week special, best case he is an every week starter. The fact that Stroud is lighting it up out of the gate behind a bottom tier piece meal OL is promising.

It must feel good to be a Texans fan right now, there will be some bumps this season but at least they have been competing and entertaining.

What really caught my attention was the story about Stroud requesting him to be drafted (not 109% sure if that is fact or internet legend). I believe Stroud played at OSU and Tank played at Houston, don't know if they played together somewhere prior to that or knew each other from one of those camps that the top high school guys go to.
Stroud and Dell became friends at the NFL combine and had instant chemistry, and they kept in touch leading up to the draft. Caserio said that Stroud talked Dell up a lot on that Friday of day 2 of the draft. He trusted Stroud's strong opinion of Dell and drafted him in round 3. It seems to have been a good decision.

Stroud and Dell became friends at the NFL combine and had instant chemistry, and they kept in touch leading up to the draft. Caserio said that Stroud talked Dell up a lot on that Friday of day 2 of the draft. He trusted Stroud's strong opinion of Dell and drafted him in round 3. It seems to have been a good decision.
Cool story and looks to be a legit connection. Sig was pushing hard to grab Dell last week which opened my eyes to him. Snagged him in both leagues where he was available….great call @sigmondbloom

Cool story and looks to be a legit connection. Sig was pushing hard to grab Dell last week which opened my eyes to him. Snagged him in both leagues where he was available….great call @sigmondbloom
Hard not to think that if you grabbed Dell you may have struck gold.

Stroud seems legit.

Also, does this team even bother throwing to the TE? Good.

Going to be hard NOT to start him again after the last two weeks.

Kid looks great. Grabbed him in dynasty in the 3rd round and pretty excited about him. Already getting trade offers for him.

Unfortunately, he wasn't a secret to a couple of my redraft colleagues who took him before I expected anyone would. Figured it would take a season or two before he became relevant. Oops

It must feel good to be a Texans fan right now, there will be some bumps this season but at least they have been competing and entertaining.
There’s a lot to like about this team. CJ is for real, Nico and Tank look for real and I absolutely love the way Pierce runs. If that oline can tighten up a bit or they draft a piece or 2 next year Houston has the feeling of a team on the come up.

Traded Garrett Wilson and George Pickens straight up for Tank. Stroud already running circles around those clowns Kenny Pickett and Zach Wilson.

Don't even care about his small size. He has lethal speed and quickness. Can't teach that. His routes are extra crispy. Tank Dell gets open. Wide open.

Traded Garrett Wilson and George Pickens straight up for Tank. Stroud already running circles around those clowns Kenny Pickett and Zach Wilson.

Don't even care about his small size. He has lethal speed and quickness. Can't teach that. His routes are extra crispy. Tank Dell gets open. Wide open.
Bold.

Allow it.

Wow I don't think I'd give up either of those guys straight up for him but maybe you know something.

Wow I don't think I'd give up either of those guys straight up for him but maybe you know something.
Man, I'm a huge Dell fan, but that feels like a lot to give up.

I know I'm not going to sit around watching those two limpd**k QBs tank Wilson's and Pickens' seasons. Stroud was by far the best QB in this draft and he's already showing it. Stroud told the Texans he wanted Tank and so they scooped him up with #69 pick in the draft, considerably higher than his projected draft ranking. He's going to absolutely rain targets down on Dell this season, and when you have a guy with short area quickness this explosive and long speed to match, that my friends is a recipe for success.

It won't be long until Wilson or Pickens, perhaps both, are in the news for voicing their frustrations about their QBs. Those two teams are a mess.

I know I'm not going to sit around watching those two limpd**k QBs tank Wilson's and Pickens' seasons. Stroud was by far the best QB in this draft and he's already showing it. Stroud told the Texans he wanted Tank and so they scooped him up with #69 pick in the draft, considerably higher than his projected draft ranking. He's going to absolutely rain targets down on Dell this season, and when you have a guy with short area quickness this explosive and long speed to match, that my friends is a recipe for success.

It won't be long until Wilson or Pickens, perhaps both, are in the news for voicing their frustrations about their QBs. Those two teams are a mess.
Yes said same thing about Stroud wanting his buddy Tank to get drafted. Initially bold move trading Wilson and Pickens for Tank but is it really? I am in a similar situation except I have Breece Hall who is basically not even playable with Zach Wilson under center. Even bad QBs can give value to great WR as long as they have volume and you're in a PPR league. Also if they are down will just throw it more. As for RB though they are quickly abandoned as the Jets have done with Hall. Only hope for Hall is Siemian. Bench until that happens.

Highest WR target rate with at least a step of separation, min 20 tgts (excl designed)
Chris Olave - 93%
Nathaniel Dell - 90%
Tyreek Hill - 88%
Puka Nacua - 87%
Nico Collins - 86%
Deebo Samuel - 81%
Courtland Sutton - 78%
Adam Thielen - 77%
Davante Adams - 76%
Josh Downs - 75%

He’s in over Godwin and Kirk. To heck with it.

The Steelers secondary looked pathetic trying to cover D. Adams and J. Meyers. I think the HOU/Stroud/Dell coming out party continues.

Just wish D. Pierce would join the same party soon.

Users who are viewing this thread