What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Odell Beckham, Jr., MIA (1 Viewer)

Since we are talking about adp, Cruz will be a huge value next year. He thrives when playing with a true number 1. I'll be flexing Cruz when I can.

I mean seriously. Some guy doesnt even know how to use a simple query, posts some garbage ADP not realizing its from December and BELIEVES it no matter how outlandish those numbers are and Im supposed to think Im dealing with someone with more than half a brain cell? I apologize about the short bus comment if it offended but seriously THINK before you post.
serenity now...

I mean seriously. Some guy doesnt even know how to use a simple query, posts some garbage ADP not realizing its from December and BELIEVES it no matter how outlandish those numbers are and Im supposed to think Im dealing with someone with more than half a brain cell? I apologize about the short bus comment if it offended but seriously THINK before you post.
Just apologize for the comment. Don't qualify it. Toolish.

Forsett not going in the top 2 rounds. Neither is Ingram. I doubt any of the rookies either. Rookie backs rarely go in the top 2 rounds of redraft. I doubt Hill does unless Gio is gone, Mason won't unless it is dynasty, Anderson is iffy.
Really?

Forsett went 3.12 THIS YEAR, when he was the RB4 in Baltimore. Next year, he won't go 1 round higher, when he is the RB1 in Baltimore, after gaining 1400+ YFS and 8+ TDs? Ingram went 3.11 on the potential of what he could do in NO; now after he was top-10 in PPG, he won't go a round higher? Mason, in the 8 games when he was the starter has averaged 19 touches, 87 yards, and .63 TDs/game. That extrapolates to 1400 yards and 10 TDs; those kind of numbers got Ellington a 2nd round ADP this year. Hill has averaged 20 touches over the last 7 games, and Gio has been active in 4 of them. Hill has 756 yards in those 7 games, with 5 TDs. Even in a RBBC, those numbers will get him drafted in the 2nd round. Anderson has averaged 27 touches, 135 yards, and a TD/game since he became the starter. Those numbers will definitely get him drafted in the first 2 rounds. Even if you don't think a rookie will go in the 1st 2 rounds, that's 14. With the QBs, TE, and WRs that will get drafted in rounds 1 & 2, it's going to be hard for ODB got get a 1st 2 round ADP.
Where are you getting your ADP data from?
http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.php

I selected 8/1/14 to 9/1/14 for the start/end dates
Data from 1125 mock drafts between November 12, 2014 and December 22, 2014

You took the short bus didnt you?
Seriously? Read what I bolded.

You don't agree with me, fine-let's discuss the player. Why do you feel the need to act like a child and make immature comments like this?

This particular insult is just ignorant. I have a son who is labeled as autistic. He's basically akwardly shy, but because of his designation, he rides a "short bus" and other students feel like they have free reign to torment him and the others on that bus. BUT THEY ARE IN 2ND GRADE! You, I'd imagine possess a little more intelligence and maturity than those children do.

/end rant.

Again, anyone who feels like rationally and logically discussing this point, I welcome it. If you're going to act like children, please use less offensive insults, at the least.
:goodposting:

shady is often very toolish.

I don't think that link updates when you change the date range. Or at least I couldn't get it to do so. The data stays as current adp or somesuch..
THe guy went on a rant about Justin Forsett & Mark Ingram being drafted in the 3rd round THIS year and Im the tool. Does he even THINK before spouting such epic garbage.
Forsett ADP was >10 back in August, so I have no clue what he was looking at. I'm looking at the link he posted w the time frame he specified and it says 10.0x+

Forsett not going in the top 2 rounds. Neither is Ingram. I doubt any of the rookies either. Rookie backs rarely go in the top 2 rounds of redraft. I doubt Hill does unless Gio is gone, Mason won't unless it is dynasty, Anderson is iffy.
Really?Forsett went 3.12 THIS YEAR, when he was the RB4 in Baltimore. Next year, he won't go 1 round higher, when he is the RB1 in Baltimore, after gaining 1400+ YFS and 8+ TDs? Ingram went 3.11 on the potential of what he could do in NO; now after he was top-10 in PPG, he won't go a round higher? Mason, in the 8 games when he was the starter has averaged 19 touches, 87 yards, and .63 TDs/game. That extrapolates to 1400 yards and 10 TDs; those kind of numbers got Ellington a 2nd round ADP this year. Hill has averaged 20 touches over the last 7 games, and Gio has been active in 4 of them. Hill has 756 yards in those 7 games, with 5 TDs. Even in a RBBC, those numbers will get him drafted in the 2nd round. Anderson has averaged 27 touches, 135 yards, and a TD/game since he became the starter. Those numbers will definitely get him drafted in the first 2 rounds. Even if you don't think a rookie will go in the 1st 2 rounds, that's 14. With the QBs, TE, and WRs that will get drafted in rounds 1 & 2, it's going to be hard for ODB got get a 1st 2 round ADP.
Where are you getting your ADP data from?
http://fantasyfootballcalculator.com/adp.phpI selected 8/1/14 to 9/1/14 for the start/end dates
They were both selected right before Julian Jones. I apologize this is legit. How much is a subscription? 3 grand?
Please feel free to provide your own ADP source. I'll gladly use that for the purposes of this discussion.
I use FBG then tweak it a little. Guys I have a good feel for I move them up or down accordingly. Guys I don't get to see as much I listen to the experts.
I don't have access to FBG data. If you want to discuss using another site (that I can access), I'd be welcome to continue the discussion.

We do it all the time. We thought TRICH was the next coming.
who's this 'we'?
Scary how many people miss on a player, likely losing to the team that had him and use crazy analogies. If anyone saw TRich play and saw ODB play, they would laugh at the comparison. Comparing one of the least explosive players of all time who had a good FF rookie year due to volume and lots of short TD opportunities to someone that has ridiculous explosiveness is about as bad as it gets. It pretty much shows that they just looks at stats and assume Michael Clayton = Randy Moss = Germaine Crowell = ODB.

yeah, you could probably get some insight from maybe watching these guys actually play football and develop and opinion based on that.

also, i'm a little confused by this logic that I shouldn't draft a guy who did good this year because all these defenses are now going to take him away.

so, I shouldn't draft brown, dez, julio, calvin, or whoever, and maybe take greg little, or somebody like that instead because nobody's taking him away?

if some guy's putting up 10/100/1 every week isn't that what I want on my team?

and while we're talking, there have been no rookie season like this -- ol' dirty beckham buries the claytons, et all, just on numbers, before you even turn on a tv.

I was just skimming this thread, but is the case against him now basically just that he might not put up 180/2k/16 next year?
No, somehow it morphed into someone believing Forsett and Ingram are 2015 second round picks because they were 3rd round picks in 2014. Maybe Shady can be toolish, but how does someone who supposedly plays FF think that Forsett and Ingram were 3rd round picks before the season? In the same post they say Forsett was the RB4 for the Ravens and still not put 2 and 2 together and know that ADP is garbage? I could be wrong, but I'd bet in normal sizes leagues that RB4s pretty much always go undrafted not in the 3rd.

yeah, you could probably get some insight from maybe watching these guys actually play football and develop and opinion based on that.

also, i'm a little confused by this logic that I shouldn't draft a guy who did good this year because all these defenses are now going to take him away.

so, I shouldn't draft brown, dez, julio, calvin, or whoever, and maybe take greg little, or somebody like that instead because nobody's taking him away?

if some guy's putting up 10/100/1 every week isn't that what I want on my team?

and while we're talking, there have been no rookie season like this -- ol' dirty beckham buries the claytons, et all, just on numbers, before you even turn on a tv.
Maybe that's why Forsett was a 3rd rounder. That ADP switch for "only allow players who aren't the focus of the defense" was set to on. It all makes sense now.

I was just skimming this thread, but is the case against him now basically just that he might not put up 180/2k/16 next year?
No one's "against him." I think everyone agrees he's having one hell of a season and he's terrifically talented.

Some just aren't ready to anoint him the next coming of Jerry Rice/Randy Moss/ Jesus Christ/ Julius Caesar/ Alexander the Great/ Abraham Lincoln/ Martin Luther King, Jr./ George Washington/ the prophet Muhammad/ Thomas Jefferson/ Isaac Newton/ William Shakespeare/ Charlemagne/ Teddy Roosevelt/ Mozart/ Aristotle/ Leonardo da Vinci/ Benjamin Franklin/ Ptolemy/ King David/ Akhenaton/ Plato/ Saint Peter/ Genghis Khan/ Buddha/ Louis XIV/ Albert Einstein/ Augustus/ Winston Churchill/ Mohandas Gandhi/ Napoleon Bonaparte/ Nelson Mandela/ Descartes/ Saladin/ William the Conqueror/ Robert E. Lee/ Gandalf/ Darth Vader/ Mickey Mouse/ Charles V/ Bob Hope/ Michelangelo/ Sun Tzu/ Thomas Edison/ Galileo/ Bill Murray, or even the next Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, or Cris Carter.

No one's "against him." I think everyone agrees he's having one hell of a season and he's terrifically talented.

Some just aren't ready to anoint him the next coming of Jerry Rice/Randy Moss/ Jesus Christ/ Julius Caesar/ Alexander the Great/ Abraham Lincoln/ Martin Luther King, Jr./ George Washington/ the prophet Muhammad/ Thomas Jefferson/ Isaac Newton/ William Shakespeare/ Charlemagne/ Teddy Roosevelt/ Mozart/ Aristotle/ Leonardo da Vinci/ Benjamin Franklin/ Ptolemy/ King David/ Akhenaton/ Plato/ Saint Peter/ Genghis Khan/ Buddha/ Louis XIV/ Albert Einstein/ Augustus/ Winston Churchill/ Mohandas Gandhi/ Napoleon Bonaparte/ Nelson Mandela/ Descartes/ Saladin/ William the Conqueror/ Robert E. Lee/ Gandalf/ Darth Vader/ Mickey Mouse/ Charles V/ Bob Hope/ Michelangelo/ Sun Tzu/ Thomas Edison/ Galileo/ Bill Murray, or even the next Michael Irvin, Marvin Harrison, or Cris Carter.
well, I doubt any of those guys will be drafted in my league next year, so I really don't have to worry about that.

where does he slot in on the redraft ppr list?

brown

thomas

nelson

j jones

bryant

green

sanders

hilton

maclin

cobb

jeffery

calvin

m evans

is he the next one of those guys, and why does he have to be the next somebody?

And last year we said the same thing about Gordon and in the last couple of seasons we said the same thing about Cruz, about Hakeem Nicks, and about 10 other guys. It is simply not sustainable because the NFL DOES adjust. Two years ago, QBs like Kaep and Newton and RG III looked like they were going to rule the NFL for a dozen years and now what?

Some of you guys look at these short runs and extrapolate the numbers and say things like you're saying but the simple truth is it NEVER holds up. They can be great and they can be one of the best in the league. But they can't live up to the hype of these short runs.

Let me explain it to you this way: By the numbers, since he became a starter, he is on pace that would be 188 targets per season, 138 catches, 2028 yards and 16 TDs. Sorry, call me crazy but I don't see this holding up. I just can't come around to your way of thinking that he will maintain a pace that will shatter Jerry Rice's records in about 10 seasons.

Like I said, I get it that people are excited he will be really good, maybe one of the best. But when you loosely toss out absolutely unstoppable and dominant and instant top WR in dynasty, etc, etc, it tells me you are buying high. He played like Gordon did last year. How did that work out this year? We see this all the time. Even if he becomes that version of Wes Welker that was a PPR god for a handful of years, ok, maybe you can get that...and that's great. But to think he is going to come out and become a tier unto himself like some of you guys are talking is just setting you up for disappointment.
This is such a great post. Some people need to relax a bit.

"What a complete and utter beast."

"He's unstoppable."

"He was absolutely the difference for me in my matchup this week. Single handedly won it for me."

"A man amongst boys"

"Thoroughbred"

"HOLY #### IN LOVE"

"My goodness...what a badass"

":boner:"

"What the hell else can we even say in here? Speechless"

I think he's having a great season. But we've seen talent like this before.
First of all, stop with the Cruz comparisons. Every knowledgeable poster knew he benefitted from a TON of fluke plays. And stop with the Nicks comps while we are at it. Right now ODB is 9 yds shorts of Nicks' best season ever. And to the argument about the league adjusting, why didn't they adjust to Calvin or AJ or Demayius? The NFL does adjust but there are certain players who are gonna get theirs every week simply because they are the best talent on the field. Every team has schemed to take ODB out of the game and he still dominates. He's just that good.

well, I doubt any of those guys will be drafted in my league next year, so I really don't have to worry about that.

Sounds like you're playing with amateurs. I own Charlemagne in dynasty and he's an absolute monster. High floor, very high ceiling.

I'd rank Antonio Brown, Calvin, Dez, Green, and D. Thomas (depending on Peyton next season) above him. Maybe Julio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sounds like you're playing with amateurs. I own Charlemagne in dynasty and he's an absolute monster. High floor, very high ceiling.

I'd rank Antonio Brown, Calvin, Dez, Green, and D. Thomas (depending on Peyton next season) above him. Maybe Julio.
no jordy?

where did you have brown ranked coming into this year?

This is easily the stupidest, most uselessly childish post I have ever read on a message board. In the future please refrain from your pathetic attempt at comedy and see a psychiatrist. Not a psychologist, because you're gonna need some drugs.

Since we are talking about adp, Cruz will be a huge value next year. He thrives when playing with a true number 1. I'll be flexing Cruz when I can.
Cruz will never be the same. If he is, he's breaking the precedence set before him for that injury.

no jordy?

No Jordy. He's a great player, but (assuming they find a way to keep Cobb), I think next year his numbers dip a little. I think he'll still be in the 7-10 range, but I also think Cobb's numbers will increase. Adams may eat into those catches, too. He looks like a solid third option who will continue to get better.

I had Brown sixth coming into this year, which was obviously too low. I had them ranked Calvin, Dez, D. Thomas, Green, Marshall, Brown.

This is easily the stupidest, most uselessly childish post I have ever read on a message board. In the future please refrain from your pathetic attempt at comedy and see a psychiatrist. Not a psychologist, because you're gonna need some drugs.
Uh oh...Bruce is mad!

Let me guess...you're upset I left Hitler off the list, right?

:scared:

no jordy?

No Jordy. He's a great player, but (assuming they find a way to keep Cobb), I think next year his number dip a little. I think he'll still be in the 7-10 range, but I also think Cobb's numbers will increase. Adams may eat into those catches, too. He looks like a solid third option who will continue to get better.

I had Brown sixth coming into this year, which was obviously too low. I had them ranked Calvin, Dez, D. Thomas, Green, Marshall, Brown.
so, he was obviously too low and gets bumped to the 2015 elite top 3 based off 2014 production?

no jordy?

No Jordy. He's a great player, but (assuming they find a way to keep Cobb), I think next year his numbers dip a little. I think he'll still be in the 7-10 range, but I also think Cobb's numbers will increase. Adams may eat into those catches, too. He looks like a solid third option who will continue to get better.

isn't Cobb a FA this year? He may not even be on the team next year.

Cruz will never be the same. If he is, he's breaking the precedence set before him for that injury.
If I was betting on it Cruz spends the first 6 weeks on PUP, the next 2 inactive, then the rest of the year shaking off the rust and adjusting to his knee. If he is ever good again it will be 2016.

Which is why I wrote, "assuming they find a way to keep Cobb."

no jordy?

No Jordy. He's a great player, but (assuming they find a way to keep Cobb), I think next year his number dip a little. I think he'll still be in the 7-10 range, but I also think Cobb's numbers will increase. Adams may eat into those catches, too. He looks like a solid third option who will continue to get better.

so, he was obviously too low and gets bumped to the 2015 elite top 3 based off 2014 production?
Antonio Brown is a good analogy, as he was the #2 WR in PPR in 2013, and has elevated from those numbers in 2014. But I don't think ranking him as WR7-9 in 2014 was a breakdown in process. The elite WR tier was just so deep this year, and the guys ahead of him had a longer track record of production. The same seems to be the case for next year, so putting the WRs with longer elite track record is a smart move. But Beckham clearly belongs in the elite tier, so taking him over any other WR there is hardly foolish.

Which is why I wrote, "assuming they find a way to keep Cobb."
oops...missed that.

Why do so many people have AJ Green ahead of Odell next year? Odell has as many TDs (11) as Green's best year and he's within 300 yards of Green's best year and Beckham's done it in 10 games. Yes I know he's not going to keep up this pace but I don't see why Odell can't put up 1300 yards and 12 TD's next year which appears to be AJ's ceiling.

• Smile
Reactions: Jed
Why do so many people have AJ Green ahead of Odell next year? Odell has as many TDs (11) as Green's best year and he's within 300 yards of Green's best year and Beckham's done it in 10 games. Yes I know he's not going to keep up this pace but I don't see why Odell can't put up 1300 yards and 12 TD's next year which appears to be AJ's ceiling.
DUH, because odell is a rookie and next year teams will have had time to gameplan for him.....</sarcasm> sorry

Uh oh...Bruce is mad!

Let me guess...you're upset I left Hitler off the list, right?

:scared:
Naw man. All in fun. Serious question though: how long did it take you to compile that list? The list was epic.Edit: Seriously, if that list were a football player, it'd be ODB!

stbugs said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
No, somehow it morphed into someone believing Forsett and Ingram are 2015 second round picks because they were 3rd round picks in 2014. Maybe Shady can be toolish, but how does someone who supposedly plays FF think that Forsett and Ingram were 3rd round picks before the season? In the same post they say Forsett was the RB4 for the Ravens and still not put 2 and 2 together and know that ADP is garbage? I could be wrong, but I'd bet in normal sizes leagues that RB4s pretty much always go undrafted not in the 3rd.
No, what actually happen is someone asked if it would be ridiculous to take ODB with the 1.1 next year. I said, yes it would, he won't go 1.1. If you don't think he'll last to the 3rd round, trade down if you can. I said I thought he'd go 3rd round, maybe 2nd.

When asked how I thought he might go to the 3rd, I mentioned Forsett & Ingram as possible RBs in the 1st 2 rounds. When someone asked me why, I did a quick google search and came upon a bad ADP sit that let you change the dates, but didn't actually change the ADP info. Instead of actually discussing the point, some posters decided to focus on the fact that during my lunch break, I failed to double-check my information, and relied on a bad website.

That being said, the point was, and still is, that ODB isn't worth the 1.1 pick. If you don't think he will drop to 3.1, you should trade down, and get better value with your 1st round pick, b/c even if you don't think Forsett and Ingram will be 2nd rounders, ODB will be closer to the 3.1 than the 1.1 next year.

No brainer top 10 pick in ppr next year. 2nd year in Mcadoo offense. All preseason with Eli to gel even more if possible. Cruz on opposite side as a larger distraction. Yes please.

stbugs said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
No, what actually happen is someone asked if it would be ridiculous to take ODB with the 1.1 next year. I said, yes it would, he won't go 1.1. If you don't think he'll last to the 3rd round, trade down if you can. I said I thought he'd go 3rd round, maybe 2nd.

When asked how I thought he might go to the 3rd, I mentioned Forsett & Ingram as possible RBs in the 1st 2 rounds. When someone asked me why, I did a quick google search and came upon a bad ADP sit that let you change the dates, but didn't actually change the ADP info. Instead of actually discussing the point, some posters decided to focus on the fact that during my lunch break, I failed to double-check my information, and relied on a bad website.

That being said, the point was, and still is, that ODB isn't worth the 1.1 pick. If you don't think he will drop to 3.1, you should trade down, and get better value with your 1st round pick, b/c even if you don't think Forsett and Ingram will be 2nd rounders, ODB will be closer to the 3.1 than the 1.1 next year.
did you not actually have any drafts this year?

trying to figure what WR I would take ahead of ODB...can't think of any. If I have middle to late 1st round pick, I 'm taking him..and I never go WR, that's how good I think he is.

The guy screams Marvin Harrison to me. If he can develop his route running more and more that may be his ceiling (not exactly a low ceiling there).
Just want to point this out for my own selfish reasons :moneybag: . Although Marvin Harrison may be OBJ's floor now

stbugs said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
No, what actually happen is someone asked if it would be ridiculous to take ODB with the 1.1 next year. I said, yes it would, he won't go 1.1. If you don't think he'll last to the 3rd round, trade down if you can. I said I thought he'd go 3rd round, maybe 2nd.When asked how I thought he might go to the 3rd, I mentioned Forsett & Ingram as possible RBs in the 1st 2 rounds. When someone asked me why, I did a quick google search and came upon a bad ADP sit that let you change the dates, but didn't actually change the ADP info. Instead of actually discussing the point, some posters decided to focus on the fact that during my lunch break, I failed to double-check my information, and relied on a bad website.

Even if you think ODB should be a late 2nd, early 3rd pick, this thread should show that someone will take him top 12. It only takes one person per draft.

The guy screams Marvin Harrison to me. If he can develop his route running more and more that may be his ceiling (not exactly a low ceiling there).
Just want to point this out for my own selfish reasons :moneybag: . Although Marvin Harrison may be OBJ's floor now
Ok, lets relax with his floor being HoFer and arguable 2nd best WR in a generation.

That said, way different players. Marv had sick hands but was not overpowering physically. Very fast / quick but OBJ just has out of the world physical tools and talent. On the flip side, Marv was as smooth and polished as any receiver Ive ever seen.

stbugs said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:

did you not actually have any drafts this year?
I play in 4 leagues.

2 dynasty, 1 4-keeper, 1 re-draft (but it's an auction).

stbugs said:
Kool-Aid Larry said:
No, what actually happen is someone asked if it would be ridiculous to take ODB with the 1.1 next year. I said, yes it would, he won't go 1.1. If you don't think he'll last to the 3rd round, trade down if you can. I said I thought he'd go 3rd round, maybe 2nd.When asked how I thought he might go to the 3rd, I mentioned Forsett & Ingram as possible RBs in the 1st 2 rounds. When someone asked me why, I did a quick google search and came upon a bad ADP sit that let you change the dates, but didn't actually change the ADP info. Instead of actually discussing the point, some posters decided to focus on the fact that during my lunch break, I failed to double-check my information, and relied on a bad website.

Even if you think ODB should be a late 2nd, early 3rd pick, this thread should show that someone will take him top 12. It only takes one person per draft.
Not really. These threads are always filled with people who have a player & hype him like crazy, or people who missed out on a player and bash him like crazy. The guy who says ODB should be the 1.1 pick are going over the top in 1 direction. The guys who say he's just having a lucky streak are going over the top in the other.

When push comes to shove in real drafts, you're not going to reach for a guy at 1.1, when he could be had in the middle of the 2nd round. Likewise, you're not going to pass on a guy at the end of the 3rd round, who should go in the 2nd.

It's easy to say, 9 months ahead, when you don't have to back it up that you'll go 1.1 on a guy, or that there's no way you'd draft a guy. But when push comes to shove, in a league that you are serious about, you aren't going to waste a pick, and you aren't going to pass up value.

See, this is the hype I'm talking about (although I think/hope? this is sarcasm). Saying a rookie WRs FLOOR is a HOF WR is a bit over-the-top.

Users who are viewing this thread