What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Preston Williams, MIA (1 Viewer)

Odd, the disparity.
Shouldn't be. That's why drop rates are essentially a joke. Everybody quantifies them differently. The two passes in the endzone he didn't catch were not drops. They were great plays by the defender. Can Preston Williams do better to protect ball? Yes? Were they drops? No. 

Last edited by a moderator:
To the best of my understanding, the red zone stat is when the player is inside the red zone, not necessarily the team's field position. IOW, if a team throws the ball from their own forty to the fifteen? Red zone target. 

eta* Frankman covered it.

To the best of my understanding, the red zone stat is when the player is inside the red zone, not necessarily the team's field position. IOW, if a team throws the ball from their own forty to the fifteen? Red zone target. 

eta* Frankman covered it.
Is that always the case? Huh interesting I always thought it was based on team's field position. Kind of a dumb stat then.

We got the Unicorn in my redraft this week off waivers......he will be a target magnet the rest of the way for sure. Not a bad chance to take.

I feel I overpaid initially in FAAB for him ($10 and the 2nd place guy had $4).. but he's pretty much the #1 in this O for now and if this turns into a Chad Henne/Blake Bortles Jacksonville Jaguars situation there should be tons of garbage time for him to eat. He has little competition in that Wilson should take more snaps away from Parker, and even if he is demoted Josh Rosen looks for him constantly.

in a dyno league...if ty hilton cant go this week....he starts over mike williams

in redraft.....12 teamer....he is siting on waivers....i just dont see me playing him over mclaurin. chark...godwin or larry fitz....so.....i am watchfully waiting

in a dyno league...if ty hilton cant go this week....he starts over mike williams

in redraft.....12 teamer....he is siting on waivers....i just dont see me playing him over mclaurin. chark...godwin or larry fitz....so.....i am watchfully waiting
I wouldn't start him over any of those guys either but I just have a feeling he's going to have a blow up game........

King of the Jungle said:
Drops ....many in this highlight are the infamous unicorn....a couple anyway
Many being 2?  1 being a defensive play?  Jesus if that's all it takes to pour a little salt in a 4th or 5th round rookie pick (or even later for some), I don't even want to know how you feel about some of your early round players.  

Snaps rising, volume rising, garbage time incoming, and chemistry with the QB are all good signs. He’s flex worthy with upside ROS. How he produces will tell us a lot about his future with Miami. I’m hoping he balls out and is their number 1 coming into ‘20.

Many being 2?  1 being a defensive play?  Jesus if that's all it takes to pour a little salt in a 4th or 5th round rookie pick (or even later for some), I don't even want to know how you feel about some of your early round players.  
I took him last pick in the 1st but I'm crazy like that. Lolol

Got him in dyno and just dropped Jamaal williams for him in redraft after williams got his head taken off on the first play of the game tonight.  

My wrs are strong so how/when he gets into my lineup I don’t know. Good upside stash though 

He's pretty far down on my depth chart in dynasty (behind Julio, Cooks, Watkins, and Boyd and on an even level with DK) but his potential is incredible.  In addition to really liking him I'm also a Dolphins fan (I know, it's rough), so I'm hoping in another year or two he's pushing to get into my lineup every week.

I said a couple...and partly teasing...just came across the video. Sorry to stir the pot on this touchy subject. If I were a betting man I would say he scores this weekend.

My original concern stemmed from Dolphin fans trashing him on their forum Here....just found it odd that they seemed so down on him. I have not seen much of his game with exception to a few nice highlights so I was curious if it was as bad as they make it sound or if they are just upset because they are Dolphin fans.

He's sitting on waivers in my league.

I've got Deandre and Evans going and had McLaurin penciled in as my flex but with injury now...who knows.  Have Beasely on the bench and wondering what the consensus is here on those two and who you'd rather have OR better yet if you had both, who'd you start?

He's sitting on waivers in my league.

I've got Deandre and Evans going and had McLaurin penciled in as my flex but with injury now...who knows.  Have Beasely on the bench and wondering what the consensus is here on those two and who you'd rather have OR better yet if you had both, who'd you start?
Beasley is #51 in the nfl for Dominator Rating, Williams is #1 with 3x the rating of Beasley. To translate: Williams sees a lot more volume of his teams targets. If he catches half of the TD opportunities he has had we are talking about a top 12 WR.

Im starting Williams everywhere i can. One league he is on my taxi squad, and will stay there for 2019 (Beasley is on my active roster oddly enough), but that team is not a contender this year

Firing the Unicorn 🦄 up this week as a WR3 in one league, OVER DJ CHARK.  My buddy told me I was a fool for starting ALSHON JEFFREY   (as a WR3) up in one league over Chark there too, but I don't much like Chark's match up.  Tough to have the stones to bench a guy coming off 3 straight TD games, but I need a big game from someone. I think we all feel like the blow up game is coming for Preston Williams, sooner or later.

I think the talent is there to have a fair day for Chark, but I think the upside may be limited, as it seems to have a FOURNETTE stamp slapped all over that match up. I do think Preston has an extremely low floor weekly, I think a 130 yard + 2 TDs outburst is also within the range of outcomes on certain days too.

If Rosen is in, he certainly seems to be looking for him, and that " disgusted Rosen look" near the end zone last week (many of you might not have seen it, Rosen clearly was steamed when the coach wanted to kick a FG and not go for it on a 4th and 3 play on the Dallas 3) tells me Rosen still wants to be competitive. This was very early in the game too, before it got out of hand....... I think Rosen wants to actually win games. Well, if they get down to the 1-12 record range, that tends to suck the life out of any player, but by all accounts at least some of the players still want to play well and win.

We all know the organization is tanking, but some of these players are still playing for pride (and possible future paychecks) and want to show well. If Preston Williams wants a shot at earning some real money, he's going to have to make the best of the hand he was dealt in this organization thats clearly rebuilding. After missing out on the combine for his legal issues, I have to believe he wants to ball out.  I believe if he had added another TD in here somewhere, say a week 2 TD,  he would at least be rostered  most everywhere. As a few here have noted, he is just a few big plays from having some great numbers thus far.

He may not be the most articulate, but the interviews I have seen certainly paint him as a kid thats "happy to just be there and have a shot ". In this interview https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=htesPmCcvlA at about the 1:55 mark, an interviewer asks him point blank what he told the Dolphins, concerning his "shoving/restraining incident" .  I like how he basically took it head on and said " I just told them the honest truth, I kept it real with them........ and at the end of the day thats all you can do".

One interesting thing I noticed earlier, while looking at this kid and his scenario.

Note his late season schedule.  WEEK 15 (SEMI-FINALS) - @NYG...................WEEK 16 (CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK) HOME VS. CINCY.   :football:

I can understand why he has such a low ownership percentage at this point, but its definitely a situation to pay attention to. If you have en empty bench spot this week, he might be a great stash, and if the breakout game happens, he will be good to own, or a good trade piece to have in redraft.

Here's to hoping the mythical beast known as "The Unicorn" turns into a reality and has a bit of a coming out party this week.

TZM

Due to a series of unfortunate events, the unicorn now starts for me in a redraft. 

(Antonio Brown, djax out, Tate suspended, Robby Anderson on bye. ) 

Yeah, my team is screwed. giddyup!
Swap out Tate for Kittle on bye and Godwin uncertainty with a 4pm game and we are in the same boat. Double giddy-up!!!

Guest on a podcast was mentioning that Preston Williams and Rosen are best friends.  Take it for what it's worth, but I liked hearing it when I'm about to fire him up this week in daily and 2 of my lineups for dynasty leagues. 

Guest on a podcast was mentioning that Preston Williams and Rosen are best friends.  Take it for what it's worth, but I liked hearing it when I'm about to fire him up this week in daily and 2 of my lineups for dynasty leagues. 
I am between him and Sutton in one league. Have Williams in right now. Probably keep him starting

That's cool, so when Rosen is washed out of the league about a year or so from now, he can text with the Unicorn from his couch. Just kidding, this *does* improve the outlook. And I agree with @TZMarkie above that they both have pride (and a job) to play for. 

It's like the poor man's -- no, broke man's -- version of the Cutler/Marshall friendship.

3 catches for 53 yards yards, on 2 targets. One catch was a tip from the TE. Also, generated a questionable holding call. The Brandon Marshall comp is good. 

• Smile
Reactions: RBM
Saw he lead in targets today, butterfingers going to cost him the lead role?
Nope. His competition is Allen Hurns and perhaps Albert Wilson in some formations. He's cheap, he's better than them and might be catching passes from a lefty next year

He had 2 nice receptions out of his 4 catches on 7 targets for 47 yards. Parker had his best game of the season. 

Users who are viewing this thread