What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Puka Nacua LAR (2 Viewers)

Why spend all that money (assuming you did) if you aren't gonna play him?
I have him on 2 rosters without a bid, and I'm starting him at one of my flex positions. Any receiver who gets 15 targets goes into my lineup the next week.

If he lays an egg he lays an egg. I'd rather feel dumb for starting him in that circumstance than feel dumb leaving a 20+ point game on my bench. Again.

I have him on 2 rosters without a bid, and I'm starting him at one of my flex positions. Any receiver who gets 15 targets goes into my lineup the next week.

If he lays an egg he lays an egg. I'd rather feel dumb for starting him in that circumstance than feel dumb leaving a 20+ point game on my bench. Again.

Yea but where it gets difficult is do you start him against SF ?

over Zay Flowers who looked electric and the #1 in Baltimore?

or over DJ Moore who is supposed to be huge this year, but had a tough corner covering him and bad play calling week 1?

This is a good problem to have, but still

Single games are small sample sizes. I’m a firm believer in making the best decision I can and standing by it no matter the result. You can drive yourself crazy with second guessing.
I was speaking only for myself. What you do is your decision and process. As it happens, I have a flex spot where he fits in perfectly in 2 leagues.

Every roster is different. In 2x16 team IDP leagues that roster 50+10 taxi, there’s a bit less depth per roster.

Context sometimes defines value.

or over DJ Moore who is supposed to be huge this year, but had a tough corner covering him and bad play calling week 1?

Those are individual decisions and the context of each roster is what each manager has to take into account.

They’re much better suited for @Chaka’s “WSIS” topic.

For me, he’s a bit of a no-brainer because I don’t have the luxury of that sort of depth. I might have a tricky decision of Bateman Vs Puka, or Gabe Davis in a decent matchup, but I’m not sure I trust either of those guys enough to bench a dude who just had 15 targets & will likely have ~10 more against a tough 49ers D.

While the 49ers pass rush is solid, their secondary isn’t special. Stafford will throw the ball. Especially because they likely won’t be able to run for a damn.

Those are individual decisions and the context of each roster is what each manager has to take into account.

For me, he’s a bit of a no-brainer because I don’t have the luxury of that sort of depth. I might have a tricky decision of Bateman Vs Puka, or Gabe Davis in a decent matchup, but I’m not sure I trust either of those guys enough to bench a dude who just had 15 targets & will likely have ~10 more against a tough 49ers D.

While the 49ers pass rush is solid, their secondary isn’t special. Stafford will throw the ball. Especially because they likely won’t be able to run for a damn.
yea absolutely. that's Puka all day for me over Davis and Bateman.

for the record - here is a blog I follow (Broncos-centric - sorry) where the author does a biomechanical review of players by watching how they move on game film. He identified Puka as a potential future star, among with Flowers and JSN. Worth something? Maybe. He did call for people to pick up Puka before last weeks game, so that's something.

for the record - here is a blog I follow (Broncos-centric - sorry) where the author does a biomechanical review of players by watching how they move on game film. He identified Puka as a potential future star, among with Flowers and JSN. Worth something? Maybe. He did call for people to pick up Puka before last weeks game, so that's something.
Once again I'll remind folks that Puka was in Matt Waldman's RSP ranked around a few other buzzy sleeper types like A. T. Perry, Dorch, Charlie Jones, and ahead of OBJ.

Here's the quote that piqued my interest: "Nacua could emerge as a starting outside receiver in the Rams' offense. There's some Golden Tate to his game."

Dont spend a ton of money on him if you arent going to use him this week. he may only have two more weeks of relevance left and if he does poorly vs SF youre not using him next week either. If you got him on waivers or for cheap then feel free to sit.

In my flex spot: Should I roll my new shiny toy out Puka Nacua or Nico Collins...both are mysteries with possibly being their teams WR1 this week.

Depth with a ghost town of a WW. I spent 34% of FAAB on him. I think he will be relevant regardless of the Kupp situation.

Good discussion as this is helpful.

For you folks bidding on him, please let us know what you paid by % of total budget you started with for FAAB. And whether it's redraft or dynasty.

I've bid $29 out of $100 for him today in redraft. Feels like a lot but I do have Kupp.

This is a good example of how this forum can be helpful.
Well, after all the great back and forth on this last night I ended up putting a bid in on him. $18. And landed him.

Nice! Love when the forum can be useful.

I got him at 95/200 in my 16-team dynasty auction league. There were losing bids of 57 and 9.

Puka was a target of mine in most leagues. I'm drawing blanks trying to remember why he wasn't on my team already. I drafted him in my redraft on the same day we auctioned, but not this league.

I bid $29/100 and he went for $36. :(

That's too much though for me.

On the flip side, blind free agent bidding is a zillion times better than old way of giving worst team first pick and two zillion times better than first come first serve.
In one of my redrafts we still do “use it or lose it” priority, which is a step above “worst to first”, but not by much.

I have Ekeler and missed Kelley by 1 spot. With FAAB I would have spent 50% since I have Eke.

I put it up to vote every year. Every year 1-2 people claim to not understand how it works and sandbag the vote.
:doh:

Last edited:
Where I have him in 2 leagues, it would be over Dotson maybe a mistake based on their respective QB's but benching Nacua for week 2.

I got him in one league (and Tutu in another). The way I feel about him this week is I may or may not roll him out (or Tutu) against a solid niners D, but a big or bad outcome will not sway me as to the wisdom of the pick. Now, I do not see how the Niners will stop either player without stopping Stafford. I don't see a situation where Van Jefferson and Higbee See all teh targets in a game where I expect the Rams running game to stink...

Does he ever say who he is? I am not sure about his biomechanics credentials based on a quick read.

Going into week 1 I thought I was set at WR2 between DJMoore/London/Dotson/Elijah Moore/JSN(eventually) but now I’m heavily considering starting Puka over them all. Likely Puka or Elijah Moore who seems to have a much better matchup this week.

I feel like you’re trying to say something but can’t quite put my finger on it @ZADO

Just traded him for Keenan Allen and a couple of mid rounders in our keeper league.

Couldn't pass on cashing in.

Hoping the best for him!
You got Keenan Allen and draft picks? wow, thats an overpay if I ever saw one.
I do think he will be good, but this is over the top.

No, I got Allen for Puka PLUS two mid-rounders ('24 and '25)

Sorry if I got misunderstood.

I'm in win-now mode and the other owner is building towards the future.

I'll take Keenan Allen 10 years sample over that Week 1 show Nacua gave us, anytime.

Last edited:
Just traded him for Keenan Allen and a couple of mid rounders in our keeper league.

Couldn't pass on cashing in.

Hoping the best for him!
You got Keenan Allen and draft picks? wow, thats an overpay if I ever saw one.
I do think he will be good, but this is over the top.

No, I got Allen for Puka PLUS two mid-rounders ('24 and '25)

Sorry if I got misunderstood.

I'm in win-now mode and the other owner is building towards the future.

I'll take Keenan Allen 10 years sample over that Week 1 show Nacua gave us, anytime.
That makes much more sense, thanks for the clarification.

Users who are viewing this thread