What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (2 Viewers)

Just a show of hands - does anyone think the 2nd guy out of the front passenger door of the Lambo is not Rashee?

The point I'm making is someone is getting criminally charged.
Of course someone will. The question is what crimes their evidence supports charging. You might be 100% right on everything you said. It would be surprising though if, as you suggest, he is volunteering witnesses or admitting to elements of serious crimes. Most lawyers would advise against helping law enforcement make a strong case with volunteered witnesses. And these are likely just witnesses against his interest, for the reasons you mentioned.

Next question is, what are his friends / co-passengers going to do when he starts taking control and slowly ratting people out.

Karma currently has this dude on low heat, but is getting ready to turn the dial up.

In the attached video at around the 1:30 mark, Keyshawn Johnson says Rashee had "a little red flag here, a little red flag there" at SMU, which is why he fell in the draft. Anyone know what "red flags" Keyshawn is talking about?

Next question is, what are his friends / co-passengers going to do when he starts taking control and slowly ratting people out.

Karma currently has this dude on low heat, but is getting ready to turn the dial up.
I truly believe Rashee has no choice but to admit being the Lambo driver, which we all know he was. Once that comes out as a fact, I really wouldn't consider Rashee putting names to faces as ratting out his friends, and I don't think they would see it that way either. They are all on many videos. Heck, I think I may have already named one of them, after a short internet search. I wouldn't be shocked to hear the cops already know the names of all 5, as well as who was where in each car.

The point I'm making is someone is getting criminally charged.
Of course someone will. The question is what crimes their evidence supports charging. You might be 100% right on everything you said. It would be surprising though if, as you suggest, he is volunteering witnesses or admitting to elements of serious crimes. Most lawyers would advise against helping law enforcement make a strong case with volunteered witnesses. And these are likely just witnesses against his interest, for the reasons you mentioned.
I think we just disagree on what most lawyers would advise.

Man, bad week to be a Chiefs fan... First the Rice thing, now voters didn't pass a tax for Stadium upgrades, which could mean both Chiefs and Royals move..

In the attached video at around the 1:30 mark, Keyshawn Johnson says Rashee had "a little red flag here, a little red flag there" at SMU, which is why he fell in the draft. Anyone know what "red flags" Keyshawn is talking about?

Unrelated to Rice, but somewhat funny to hear Keyshawn talking about "red flags" on prospects considering his own (albeit a long time ago) off-the-field history

Interesting "public interest" poll that I started over at Saintsreport. Trying to predict how much of a PR hit the NFL is taking right now -- and might take in the future -- over the Rashee Rice incident.

About 3 in 10 respondents hadn't even heard of the Rice incident until they saw the poll (first posted yesterday morning).

Preliminary impression: Yeah, just polling part of one team's fanbase on one message board. But if there really are enough people (esp NFL fans) out there that either never really hear about the Rice incident, or else hear about it vaguely and think it was "a minor accident that doesn't make news without an NFL player involved" ... then there might not be enough PR hit to make the NFL come down hard on Rashee Rice. Especially after a year, year-and-a-half of legal delays.

the fact that Rice was the second person out of the vehicle does not mean he was the driver......it could mean he wasn't in the passenger seat.....but whoever was in back could have very easily got out before the driver did...

the fact that Rice was the second person out of the vehicle does not mean he was the driver......it could mean he wasn't in the passenger seat.....but whoever was in back could have very easily got out before the driver did...
Does it even matter if he was driving in the eyes of the commissioner? The fact remains they left the scene of an accident they caused without regard to the health of anyone involved. The NFL isn't bound by legal loopholes regarding leaving the scene of an accident or who was driving.

Well, Rice exited the front seat passenger side.

It’s a 4 door vehicle so why would the person in the back climb out of the front?

Just saying.

Does it even matter if he was driving in the eyes of the commissioner? The fact remains they left the scene of an accident they caused without regard to the health of anyone involved. The NFL isn't bound by legal loopholes regarding leaving the scene of an accident or who was driving.
1000%

I place people who do things like this in my "scum bag" category.

Pure scum bag to walk no check that....run away from the scene of an accident.

What are you hiding? You're old enough to make millions but not face the consequences of your reckless actions?

Done. And the NFL needs to wake up and have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of f***ery.

just IMO but I believe the fact of whether he was the driver or not is a huge issue.....and yes I think it would make a difference to the commissioner.....if he was" just" a passenger that got scared/panicked and left the scene that is a completely different conversation then driving recklessly/racing causing an accident, endangering and injuring people and leaving the scene.....

"Rasheed you shouldn't have left the scene....it's a dbag move and not a good look".....shame on you....

he may still get a small suspension because of the optics.....but most likely not as long as if he was driving...so yeah it does matter

And the NFL needs to wake up and have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of f***ery.

I don't see that -- aside from domestic abuse allegations -- the NFL has an appetite to step in and mete out punishment in lieu of the legal system in cases where there is little apparent PR risk to the shield.

Briefly: The NFL generally only wakes up in response to clear threats to its bottom line. The Rashee Rice incident might or might not turn into such a threat, though early indications are not positive (IMHO) for those feeling that Rice should be punished harshly.

Went and checked the various sports news sites once again just now. The Rashee Rice story is even more buried than it was yesterday. Not even a major headline on NFL-specific news sites. Yes, you can go out and find coverage if you seek it ... but this isn't yet Ray Rice all over again.

It’s a 4 door vehicle so why would the person in the back climb out of the front?

Just saying.
obviously the only reason might be that the rear door would not open for some reason.....child locked/damaged in wreck....wouldn't open immediately.....or driver not undoing the child lock right away...and you see the front passenger get out so you quickly follow cause you just want to get the heck out....I get it....not likely, but not totally out of the question....

And the NFL needs to wake up and have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of f***ery.

I don't see that -- aside from domestic abuse allegations -- the NFL has an appetite to step in and mete out punishment in lieu of the legal system in cases where there is little apparent PR risk to the shield.

Briefly: The NFL generally only wakes up in response to clear threats to its bottom line. The Rashee Rice incident might or might not turn into such a threat, though early indications are not positive (IMHO) for those feeling that Rice should be punished harshly.

Went and checked the various sports news sites once again. The Rashee Rice story is even more buried than it was yesterday. Not even a major headline on NFL-specific news sites. Yes, you can go out and find coverage if you seek it ... but this isn't yet Ray Rice all over again.
Kind of makes you think the NFL has some control over what the media reports 🙄

just IMO but I believe the fact of whether he was the driver or not is a huge issue.....and yes I think it would make a difference to the commissioner.....if he was" just" a passenger that got scared/panicked and left the scene that is a completely different conversation then driving recklessly/racing causing an accident, endangering and injuring people and leaving the scene.....

"Rasheed you shouldn't have left the scene....it's a dbag move and not a good look".....shame on you....

he may still get a small suspension because of the optics.....but most likely not as long as if he was driving...so yeah it does matter
Don't agree with anything you are saying here.

Don't agree with anything you are saying here.
cool

I personally believe the NFL will look at fleeing the scene more seriously than you think.

Man, bad week to be a Chiefs fan... First the Rice thing, now voters didn't pass a tax for Stadium upgrades, which could mean both Chiefs and Royals move..

public should absolutely not pay for that
Agree 10000%, but there is a real possibility, the Chiefs move to Kansas now too. Kansas has been saving for this with gambling money. KC better hope the chiefs can workout a separate deal with the county or I think they will move.

Kind of makes you think the NFL has some control over what the media reports 🙄
Moved on from the gun-toting drug-addled madman, to the NFL secretly controlling all sports media?

Fantastic!!
Well, witness did say she saw them putting guns in the from of their slacks, so there's that. Seemed credible since she was virtually standing right next to them.

Having "some control" translates to "secretly controlling all media? Whatever you say champ

I personally believe the NFL will look at fleeing the scene more seriously than you think.
I still think the fact people were hurt in this incident is nothing to forget either.. The guy is opening himself up to a lot of legal troubles. I think the NFL and KC will not want the look of this and I think he is going to pay for it by them also.

public should absolutely not pay for that
Agree 10000%, but there is a real possibility, the Chiefs move to Kansas now too. Kansas has been saving for this with gambling money. KC better hope the chiefs can workout a separate deal with the county or I think they will move.
It takes 5 minutes to go from Missouri to Kansas from KC Missouri

Went and checked the various sports news sites once again just now. The Rashee Rice story is even more buried than it was yesterday. Not even a major headline on NFL-specific news sites. Yes, you can go out and find coverage if you seek it ... but this isn't yet Ray Rice all over again.

Exactly. 99.9% of the public isn’t going to make a big deal out of a traffic accident with very minor injuries.

This story is already basically dead to the public and by the time the season starts it will be forgotten. If the league suspends him it will have zero to do with public outcry since there basically isn’t any.

Just saying.
obviously the only reason might be that the rear door would not open for some reason.....child locked/damaged in wreck....wouldn't open immediately.....or driver not undoing the child lock right away...and you see the front passenger get out so you quickly follow cause you just want to get the heck out....I get it....not likely, but not totally out of the question....
Someone got out the back door. Rice got out the front - second one out. He was driving. Look at the video.

Moreover, he was the only one registered to drive the Lambo. Read my posts on the insurance. It isn't good for him.

Just saying.
Someone got out the back door. Rice got out the front - second one out. He was driving. Look at the video.

Moreover, he was the only one registered to drive the Lambo. Read my posts on the insurance. It isn't good for him.

just because he was the only one registered to drive the Lambo doesn't mean he was the only one that could have drove the Lambo...

just because he was the only one registered to drive the Lambo doesn't mean he was the only one that could have drove the Lambo...
Well of course the lack of direct video evidence means any number of creative scenarios may be imagined in which Rice wasn't driving either of the cars registered to him.

And those scenarios may very well be used (perhaps successfully) by lawyers in a courtroom.

But for reasonable discussion otherwise perhaps the principles of common sense and Occam's razor should instead apply

And those principles say unequivocally that the man was driving one of the cars

Exactly. 99.9% of the public isn’t going to make a big deal out of a traffic accident with very minor injuries.

This story is already basically dead to the public and by the time the season starts it will be forgotten. If the league suspends him it will have zero to do with public outcry since there basically isn’t any.
Unless you are here in DFW, where the story has been the lead on all 4 channels the last 3 days. But hey, with all the “ALL IN” Cowboys moves NOT happening it makes since to talk about the Chiefs.
GO RANGERS. 🤦🏻‍♂

Just saying.

Ref, above you agreed Rice was the 2nd one out of the front passenger door. But then you suggested perhaps he was in the back and the back door would not open. When Nate then told you the passenger back door did in fact open, you chose not to reply to that. The occupants of the vehicle didn't have time to mentally process and come up with a plan on which order to exit the vehicle and through which door. Rice WAS the 2nd one out the front, and that means he was the driver. If Rice admits to being the 2nd one out (which he will), he will have to come up with one helluva reason why he wasn't driving.

Which shows the dysfunction of our society today.

That a young man can run away from an accident showing complete disregard for human life.

Appalling how low we have sunk as a species.

Just saying.

Ref, above you agreed Rice was the 2nd one out of the front passenger door. But then you suggested perhaps he was in the back and the back door would not open. When Nate then told you the passenger back door did in fact open, you chose not to reply to that. The occupants of the vehicle didn't have time to mentally process and come up with a plan on which order to exit the vehicle and through which door. Rice WAS the 2nd one out the front, and that means he was the driver. If Rice admits to being the 2nd one out (which he will), he will have to come up with one helluva reason why he wasn't driving.
totally fair....didn't watch the video close enough really....if they didn't have time to mentally process, I wonder why he didn't just exit the driver's side if he was driving and just get out...

Which shows the dysfunction of our society today.

That a young man can run away from an accident showing complete disregard for human life.

Appalling how low we have sunk as a species.
^^This

Can't be stated enough.

Just saying.

totally fair....didn't watch the video close enough really....if they didn't have time to mentally process, I wonder why he didn't just exit the driver's side if he was driving and just get out...
The door wouldn't open due to the accident. So the driver gets out second, out of the passenger front door.

Rice still refuses to say he was driving, and I am 100% sure it's because his lawyer told him not to.
It is probably smart - he doesn't have to announce or say anything at this point.

He will have to answer to the investigators and the insurance company though. Now those 2 "people" won't say either as it is an investigation. It will come out eventually though.

Just saying.

If he says he wasnt, then one of the other guys is going to have to confess to driving without insurance and be liable for a bunch of claims

Well of course the lack of direct video evidence means any number of creative scenarios may be imagined in which Rice wasn't driving either of the cars registered to him.

And those scenarios may very well be used (perhaps successfully) by lawyers in a courtroom.

But for reasonable discussion otherwise perhaps the principles of common sense and Occam's razor should instead apply

And those principles say unequivocally that the man was driving one of the cars
think the last time I heard the Occam's razor take was in the Tyreek Hill thread when everybody made snap judgments and jumped to conclusions without having all the details about the kid's broken arm.....and we know how that turned out....

So, if someone in the other vehicles came forward to say they were seriously injured it now
gets pushed up felony wise?

Users who are viewing this thread