What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (5 Viewers)

Rice still refuses to say he was driving, and I am 100% sure it's because his lawyer told him not to.
It is probably smart - he doesn't have to announce or say anything at this point.

He will have to answer to the investigators and the insurance company though. Now those 2 "people" won't say either as it is an investigation. It will come out eventually though.
It will become public soon enough.

just because he was the only one registered to drive the Lambo doesn't mean he was the only one that could have drove the Lambo...
Well of course the lack of direct video evidence means any number of creative scenarios may be imagined in which Rice wasn't driving either of the cars registered to him.

And those scenarios may very well be used (perhaps successfully) by lawyers in a courtroom.

But for reasonable discussion otherwise perhaps the principles of common sense and Occam's razor should instead apply

And those principles say unequivocally that the man was driving one of the cars
think the last time I heard the Occam's razor take was in the Tyreek Hill thread when everybody made snap judgments and jumped to conclusions without having all the details about the kid's broken arm.....and we know how that turned out....
Yep. A 23 y/o testosterone-fueled pro athlete rented/leased two sports cars in his own name...and then meekly slid over to the passenger seat and idly watched as two members of his entourage took the keys and raced out of control down the highway

Good luck with that theory

I don't care whatever story they come up with... you can't sell us he wasn't driving and/or had something illegal in those cars. He owned one and leased the other vehicle and just left them totaled in the middle of the highway... not something someone innocent does

So, if someone in the other vehicles came forward to say they were seriously injured it now
gets pushed up felony wise?
he caused 10,000's if not 100,000 of damage and ran away... already a felony
Couple 100k damage in just his 2 vehicles. Doesn't include the other 3 (4?) that were involved. This will be very costly for him and it doesn't even include legal fees yet.
Hope he saved his money

Some things from a couple legal sites.

Hit and runs with minor to no injuries are a "county jail" felony with up to 1 yr incarceration and fines tbd.

In Texas you have 10 days to report responsibility for a hit and run, and if taking fault for the accident it will be reduced to a misdemeanor if minor to no injuries. Reckless driving, public endangerment, street racing; all classified misdemeanors...

Endangerment can become a felony if it involves a deadly weapon. Cars have been argued as deadly many times. Precedent leans against ruling cars as weapons.
Speed contest & criminal speeding are determined by how fast they were driving though, no? I heard on the radio this AM that both could be felonies if proved that they were traveling g in excess of 30+ over the limit, over 100 mph, etc.
Being from Ft. Worth I used to driven that very highway as I drove to Addison to visit one of our restaurants. Here are some facts I know of today:

1. Its really easy to speed on that highway hell I would argue that highway was built for speeding.

2. That area has cameras everywhere.

3. They know how fast he was going.

Tex

I just looked at KTC for Rice’s value change. Dropped ~20% in value but only from WR21 to WR30
The interesting key here is in the KTC reviews he is DROP 62% of the last 2 days I looked at

Rut-Roh.

Weed was found in both vehicles: 16,500.00 check, Diamond Necklace, Credit Cards, and the Chiefs playbook. The dude will be running laps. You never leave your playbook behind.
That’s very not good.
Suppose that is what they left behind. What did they take out of the vehicles?
My thoughts exactly.

Rut-Roh.

Weed was found in both vehicles: 16,500.00 check, Diamond Necklace, Credit Cards, and the Chiefs playbook. The dude will be running laps. You never leave your playbook behind.
the way those pics just show them walking away... care free; two of them are even hugging. DISGUSTING!
I have watched that video many times. I don't think they are hugging. I think the guy in orange is assisting the guy on his left, because he is injured.

Just when it looks like the Chiefs have a quality receiving core. Also, what a buzz kill for a team enjoying it’s Super Bowl win.

They instantly got out of the car and booked it out of there. You would think there would be at least a moment of “Oh crap what do we do?”

And the NFL needs to wake up and have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of f***ery.

I don't see that -- aside from domestic abuse allegations -- the NFL has an appetite to step in and mete out punishment in lieu of the legal system in cases where there is little apparent PR risk to the shield.

Briefly: The NFL generally only wakes up in response to clear threats to its bottom line. The Rashee Rice incident might or might not turn into such a threat, though early indications are not positive (IMHO) for those feeling that Rice should be punished harshly.

Went and checked the various sports news sites once again just now. The Rashee Rice story is even more buried than it was yesterday. Not even a major headline on NFL-specific news sites. Yes, you can go out and find coverage if you seek it ... but this isn't yet Ray Rice all over again.

Exactly. 99.9% of the public isn’t going to make a big deal out of a traffic accident with very minor injuries.

This story is already basically dead to the public and by the time the season starts it will be forgotten. If the league suspends him it will have zero to do with public outcry since there basically isn’t any.
Which shows the dysfunction of our society today.

That a young man can run away from an accident showing complete disregard for human life.

Appalling how low we have sunk as a species.
I am not defending Rice because what he did was bad but the world would be such a better place if this was actually the bottom for our species. I dream of the day running from the scene of an accident is the worst thing people do.

And the NFL needs to wake up and have a zero tolerance policy for this kind of f***ery.

I don't see that -- aside from domestic abuse allegations -- the NFL has an appetite to step in and mete out punishment in lieu of the legal system in cases where there is little apparent PR risk to the shield.

Briefly: The NFL generally only wakes up in response to clear threats to its bottom line. The Rashee Rice incident might or might not turn into such a threat, though early indications are not positive (IMHO) for those feeling that Rice should be punished harshly.

Went and checked the various sports news sites once again just now. The Rashee Rice story is even more buried than it was yesterday. Not even a major headline on NFL-specific news sites. Yes, you can go out and find coverage if you seek it ... but this isn't yet Ray Rice all over again.

Exactly. 99.9% of the public isn’t going to make a big deal out of a traffic accident with very minor injuries.

This story is already basically dead to the public and by the time the season starts it will be forgotten. If the league suspends him it will have zero to do with public outcry since there basically isn’t any.
Which shows the dysfunction of our society today.

That a young man can run away from an accident showing complete disregard for human life.

Appalling how low we have sunk as a species.
I am not defending Rice because what he did was bad but the world would be such a better place if this was actually the bottom for our species. I dream of the day running from the scene of an accident is the worst thing people do.
Man.....I get that. And I agree.

But some context around this. Things have gotten so bad....this seems to be like.....well yeah this is a bad thing but not nearly as bad as what I see going on.

No.....it's all bad.

It's just sad. I think you understand where I am coning from.

sigh.
I had a random offer for him a week ago too, and immediately dismissed it as a little light. That'll teach me to remember to at least take a quick look at news before turning down offers

sigh.
I had a random offer for him a week ago too, and immediately dismissed it as a little light. That'll teach me to remember to at least take a quick look at news before turning down offers
I saw a trade in the forum I think 1QB. A 2.12 was traded for Rice. Also to be fair another one at 1.11 was listed before that 2.12

sigh.
I saw a trade in the forum I think 1QB. A 2.12 was traded for Rice. Also to be fair another one at 1.11 was listed before that 2.12
I'll send 2.12 for Rice, they're a great deal

Rut-Roh.

Teams still print out their playbooks?
I did a double take on that as well.
More likely not a physical playbook. They use Surface tablets.

Users who are viewing this thread