What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (2 Viewers)

CONFIRMED - Rice's lawyer confirms Rice was driving the lamborghini

- all media outlets
That’s a positive. With the video, he would have been foolish to deny he was driving. Smart on his part to come clean on that.

Now why did he run away and leave two vehicles and injured people behind without checking on them first?

Stay tuned.

- all media outlets
That’s a positive. With the video, he would have been foolish to deny he was driving. Smart on his part to come clean on that.

Now why did he run away and leave two vehicles and injured people behind without checking on them first?

Stay tuned.
Also the lambo clearly caused the accident, was going faster, and driving recklessly, so yeah - not a great look.

- all media outlets

Stay tuned.
Also the lambo clearly caused the accident, was going faster, and driving recklessly, so yeah - not a great look.
Yep.

Not only being the driver but also being the one who initiated the accident plus weed in the car (illegal in (Texas) and being on video leaving the scene without checking on the victims is quite bad. Will be interesting to hear why he left the scene now that he admitted he was driving. No good reason before but being the driver makes it worse.

Sticking with three. Maybe thinking too much that this is Alvin Kamara all over again. There are comparisons, there are differences.

What was weird about the Kamara case is that once it got to trial, all the video and the audio they had (remember: "they have him on tape in the limo bragging about it!") ended up drying up and blowing away. Kind of expecting that with Rashee Rice, as well. Video matters, but it's not the be-all end-all.

From elsewhere -- not everyone gives a rip:

And just like Ray Rice and Peterson, Kamara's incident involved physical aggression and intent to harm, not a run-of-the-mill car accident on a highway.

This after several links to the Rice incident were posted, and it was made clear that this was street racing followed by hit-and-run. What can you do?

Sticking with three. Maybe thinking too much that this is Alvin Kamara all over again. There are comparisons, there are differences.

What was weird about the Kamara case is that once it got to trial, all the video and the audio they had (remember: "they have him on tape in the limo bragging about it!") ended up drying up and blowing away. Kind of expecting that with Rashee Rice, as well. Video matters, but it's not the be-all end-all.
It is true, I thought Kamara would end up much more significant. But I'm not privy to all the other information collected about what led up to that instant and everything else that went on.

Having said that, I think this situation stands on its own. The video is pretty bad showing the vehicles driving at recklessly at excessive speeds. 2 people were taken to hospital but sounds like the injuries weren't "serious".

Rice is very lucky the multi-car accident didn't end up worse - the way it started it looked pretty bad. Then add in fleeing the scene without checking if everyone was OK and exchanging info etc.

Anyways, I'm not saying anything that hasn't already been discussed. I would be surprised if it is only 3 games but who knows in the NFL. Gambling is 1 year+, risking peoples lives and causing bodily harm - 3 games.

Well he paid $200k to the victim as a result of the criminal trial, and an undisclosed amount settled from the $10 million civil suit (which I would not be the least bit surprised if that civil settlement influenced the plea agreement in the criminal proceedings). On top of that, while it really shouldn't matter, the victim also was supposedly not exactly a model citizen with a clean record himself.

The victims here include a mother and her child. And Rice does not have that kind of money to my knowledge. So they could wind up differently because of those facts alone. Again, not exactly how the justice system is supposed to work, but ya kno... money talks and victims are judged based on a lot more factors than the crime committed against them.

He is missing time for sure. It is just how much time and when. He has not been charged yet so I'm unsure if he falls into violating the NFL Personal Code of Conduct till he is. I guess Roger has the power to suspend before that but I do not think the NFL is in a hurry to suspend in April. If we are talking amount of games I think 8-18 is the window but never surprised by what the NFL does. I was shocked Ridley got a whole season.

He is missing time for sure. It is just how much time and when. He has not been charged yet so I'm unsure if he falls into violating the NFL Personal Code of Conduct till he is. I guess Roger has the power to suspend before that but I do not think the NFL is in a hurry to suspend in April. If we are talking amount of games I think 8-18 is the window but never surprised by what the NFL does. I was shocked Ridley got a whole season.
I would think fleeing an accident violates NFL code of conduct.

Is it more serious than placing a bet on a non football event at the workplace?

Jameson Williams wants to know

From elsewhere -- not everyone gives a rip:

And just like Ray Rice and Peterson, Kamara's incident involved physical aggression and intent to harm, not a run-of-the-mill car accident on a highway.

This after several links to the Rice incident were posted, and it was made clear that this was street racing followed by hit-and-run. What can you do?
Characterizing a speed contest, reckless driving, possession with a rented car & hit & run as “run of the mill” is wild.

Is it more serious than placing a bet on a non football event at the workplace?

Jameson Williams wants to know
Tell Jameson yes, it is worse, far worse.

if he was still at the scene (voluntarily or found injured and incapacitated) I say he would get roughly 4 games due to no serious injuries.
But calmly walking should be life changing; felonies with the risk of yrs in jail plus blacklisted by the NFL should be on the table.
But we know athletes have privilege due to status and money
Sticking with a small fine considering what he should get and half the season.

Also, doesn't a car like that record its driver? Admitting be the driver is a step in the right direction but we all knew he was. Does admitting to be the driver an attempt to have the insurance to pay off the car?

if he was still at the scene (voluntarily or found injured and incapacitated) I say he would get roughly 4 games due to no serious injuries.
But calmly walking should be life changing; felonies with the risk of yrs in jail plus blacklisted by the NFL should be on the table.
But we know athletes have privilege due to status and money
Sticking with a small fine considering what he should get and half the season.

Also, doesn't a car like that record its driver? Admitting be the driver is a step in the right direction but we all knew he was. Does admitting to be the driver an attempt to have the insurance to pay off the car?
Admitting he was the driver would cost more to him in civil suits than what he would gain in insurance.

My point is the suspension may take some time. I can see the suspension not happening till charges are filed and or the legal process concludes.

My point is the suspension may take some time. I can see the suspension not happening till charges are filed and or the legal process concludes.
Now that we know he was driving and caused the accident he’s going to need a big 2nd contract.

Besides him driving, which is no longer a question, I have a feeling a lot more is coming out that we’re not privy to yet. Did someone say they found weed and that it is illegal in Texas? So, Goodell has a lot to think about even if no charges are presented.

1) Driving? - Check
2) Speeding? - Check
3) Reckless driving? - Check
4) Left the scene of an accident without even checking if someone was hurt - Check
5) Drinking? - TBD (bowling alley, or wherever he was surveillance? How many?
6) Weed? - Check (if what someone posted earlier is true)
7) Weapons? - No evidence…..yet

Besides him driving, which is no longer a question, I have a feeling a lot more is coming out that we’re not privy to yet. Did someone say they found weed and that it is illegal in Texas? So, Goodell has a lot to think about even if no charges are presented.

1) Driving? - Check
2) Speeding? - Check
4) Left the scene of an accident without even checking if someone was hurt - Check
Bingo! I got Bingo on my Rashee Rice Card! See? 5 diagonally!

1) Driving? - Check
2) Speeding? - Check
Go to the 1 minute mark of the video below, and you will hear:
- Weed found in both cars (yes, weed is illegal in Texas)
- Credit cards
- A check for $16,500
- A diamond chain
- Kansas City Chiefs playbook

The only mention of weapons was when a bystander at the scene said she saw the men stuffing guns down their pants. We will never know what was in the bag carried by the guy who said his chest hurt, but if they left the above items behind, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize the bag wasn't full of bibles.

1) Driving? - Check
2) Speeding? - Check
None of these things should result in much with respect to NFL punishment, a little bit of legal ramification which can include seizing the autos but in their condition not sure that's a big deal. Seems like a few players have speed and not got NFL punishment, Jordan Addison coming to mind.

This is pretty much everything and only thing that makes the top 3 items worse. That video of Ray Rice being emotionless as he dragged his knocked out lady was jarring. This is not as jarring but it's a really bad look and a lot worse IMO if we were just reading about it versus seeing the callous disregard for humanity.

Hate to say it but this is the benefit of fleeing the scene. Very difficult to prove and not sure they will find it worth their time to put a lot of resources into investigating it.

Sadly yes it's not legal here and turned me into a criminal for the better part of the last 30 years. But there are efforts to de-criminalize it in various counties and just issue fines if it's not a lot. Something I'm afraid to put to the test. Would imagine they did not leave a ton in car. Probably a misdeameanor possession charge at most if it's just a little bit and like alcohol might be to ardous to pursue proving they were under the influence at the time. So likely not going to be a major deal legally ,but it might lead the NFL to issue a random drug test on him.

It's the wild west with gun laws here, got to get real creative to even think of a situation someone would want to hide the fact they are carrying.

So in summary legally his real concerns are items #4 and items 1-3 which lead to 4. The other stuff might play a little in the NFL suspension since they seem to go so heavy by public perception and it's all part of a bad look but I'm not expecting legal ramifications from any of it.

He has a good lawyer, charges will be minimized. Think he gets a little credit from the team and league for fessing up to driving. No one really cares about weed and it’s probably just some shake from the floor anyway. No one was really hurt. A check, diamond necklace, and playbook? Don’t even know why that’s being mentioned.

Jamin Davis (LB skins) was going 114 mph in a 45 and just got a misdemeanor without league or team discipline so far. And he’s a nobody.

I continue to think this results in not much at all. Couple to several games, bullet dodged.

*Comments meant only to predict how it plays out.

He has a good lawyer, charges will be minimized. Think he gets a little credit from the team and league for fessing up to driving. No one really cares about weed and it’s probably just some shake from the floor anyway. No one was really hurt. A check, diamond necklace, and playbook? Don’t even know why that’s being mentioned.

Jamin Davis (LB skins) was going 114 mph in a 45 and just got a misdemeanor without league or team discipline so far. And he’s a nobody.

I continue to think this results in not much at all. Couple to several games, bullet dodged.

Did Davis cause a huge accident with injuries and walk away from it? Sincere question.

As far as the weed, I think it’s a bigger issue than how much he had on the scene. There’s a reason ALL of them were in a huge hurry to take off. Car accident vs car accident while under the influence is a reasonable conclusion to come to.

Did Davis cause a huge accident with injuries and walk away from it? Sincere question.

As far as the weed, I think it’s a bigger issue than how much he had on the scene. There’s a reason ALL of them were in a huge hurry to take off. Car accident vs car accident while under the influence is a reasonable conclusion to come to.
No, that’s why I say Rice gets punishment and Davis didn’t. Just think this gets quieter and he gets a slap. He’s really lucky no one was seriously hurt. Much different tune.

Bad look, maybe additional slap from league. Can’t prove anything. Good lawyer saying and advising the right things.

2-4 games IMO.

Addison was going 140 mph in a 55 mph zone. He paid $686 in fines. And claimed his dog was having an emergency at home. No suspension.

I think Hunt was released partly because he lied to the Chiefs. I originally thought Rice would be suspended 4-8 games, now I think 8-12. There's no solid evidence of DUI, only a lot of stupidity. There's an argument for Rice being able to make money in the NFL so he can pay for damages, including perhaps a good will gesture for the 4 year old kid, which might be part of a settlement anyway for emotional damages.

Let me say with 100% certain he crashed AND ran in the wrong state!!! Texas is very hard on these situations especially with any type of drugs/alcohol is involved but at this point we don’t know.

He’s very lucky no one was injured.

If there was one gleam of hope it’s he hired Royce West!

https://youtu.be/jmJUCcTvvq4?si=z6CX62U753Au0IVU

Tex

No, that’s why I say Rice gets punishment and Davis didn’t. Just think this gets quieter and he gets a slap. He’s really lucky no one was seriously hurt. Much different tune.

Bad look, maybe additional slap from league. Can’t prove anything. Good lawyer saying and advising the right things.

2-4 games IMO.
But I thought Rashee was going to cooperate with the authorities. At least that’s what his attorney is saying. Doesn’t that mean he should tell the truth if he was high or drunk? 🫣

Just kidding

2-4 games IMO.
But I thought Rashee was going to cooperate with the authorities. At least that’s what his attorney is saying. Doesn’t that mean he should tell the truth if he was high or drunk? 🫣

Just kidding
They will get blood or hair! One or the other……

The way they just casually walked away is not a good look and he and his attorneys better be ready.
Tex

Odd statement by his attorney

Why don't you do a story of who he is, as opposed to what occurred? Because it seems as though what you're saying is based on this one incident, you're going to define him based on this incident, as opposed to his entire body of work. I would say each and every one of you, if all of us had to be defined by one incident, that would be ridiculous, as opposed to our entire body. So I'd ask that you as the media, look at his entire body of work before saying exactly who he is. That will be better.

I usually avoid comments on X, but I agree with the general sentiment of these.

About the drinking… I recall seeing pictures of him & his entourage with glasses in their hands while at the bowling alley. While you cannot see or determine exactly what is in the glass, the place does serve alcohol.
And the bowling alley’s name had something like “saloon” in the title.
Seen too many memes on this to be sure… but a decent prosecutor will find this info. Video evidence from the bowling alley will paint a clear picture of his actions right before getting behind the wheel of a vehicle he admitted driving at high rate of speed causing multiple accidents

About the drinking… I recall seeing pictures of him & his entourage with glasses in their hands while at the bowling alley. While you cannot see or determine exactly what is in the glass, the place does serve alcohol.
And the bowling alley’s name had something like “saloon” in the title.
Seen too many memes on this to be sure… but a decent prosecutor will find this info. Video evidence from the bowling alley will paint a clear picture of his actions right before getting behind the wheel of a vehicle he admitted driving at high rate of speed causing multiple accidents
I'm sure the bowling alley has receipts for whatever was ordered to go along with that video evidence, but you can't charge him with anything related to drinking since he fled the scene and there isn't a sobriety test or blood test given. However, Goodell isn't bound by that at all. If there is evidence of him drinking a lot before climbing into the Lambo, I'm sure the commissioner will include that in his final decision. Drinking or not, he still has a lot going against him with speed, reckless driving, injuries (however minor), fleeing the scene, etc. etc.

Why don't you do a story of who he is, as opposed to what occurred? Because it seems as though what you're saying is based on this one incident, you're going to define him based on this incident, as opposed to his entire body of work. I would say each and every one of you, if all of us had to be defined by one incident, that would be ridiculous, as opposed to our entire body. So I'd ask that you as the media, look at his entire body of work before saying exactly who he is. That will be better.

Bolded is a great policy. If you really have to use social media, at the very least avoid the comments sections. It's where the real cesspool is.

And yeah, that tweet is unreal. I kept reading how he retained some amazing attorney, but if that's the best angle he has to play right now... woof....

I had a friend who got a DUI the weekend we graduated college (early education degree); he was by all means a great person, really special with kids too. Spent the next year getting denied jobs because of it and wound up having to trash the four year degree and go into another field. One incident changed his entire life. That IS what happens to normal people who don't run real fast and jump real high and catch a ball real well. Expecting sympathy from the masses who saw the video of what Rice did is a stretch, especially in today's climate where the public rarely shows sympathy, let alone allows the possibility for redemption. He would have been better off playing the other obvious card.

Last edited:

Bolded is a great policy. If you really have to use social media, at the very least avoid the comments sections. It's where the real cesspool is.

And yeah, that tweet is unreal. I kept reading how he retained some amazing attorney, but if that's the best angle he has to play right now... woof....

I had a friend who got a DUI the weekend we graduated college (early education degree); he was by all means a great person, really special with kids too. Spent the next year getting denied jobs because of it and wound up having to trash the four year degree and go into another field. One incident changed his entire life. That IS what happens to normal people who don't run real fast and jump real high and catch a ball real well. Expecting sympathy from the masses who saw the video of what Rice did is a stretch, especially in today's climate where the public rarely shows sympathy, let alone allows the possibility for redemption. He would have been better off playing the other obvious card.
Very odd since it is coming from his attorney. How does he know Rice is a good person? Did they have a relationship before being his client? Does he know Rice's body of work of being a good person?

Very odd since it is coming from his attorney. How does he know Rice is a good person? Did they have a relationship before being his client? Does he know Rice's body of work of being a good person?
Just lawyers doing lawyer stuff. You would figure if he was going to make that statement he'd at the very least include a few "accolades" along with it; eg. donates money to this charity, volunteers for that charity, was involved in these charities throughout his HS and college careers, was an honor student, maintained a 3.8 GPA, was part of the yearbook club I don't know... literally anything.

Just lawyers doing lawyer stuff. You would figure if he was going to make that statement he'd at the very least include a few "accolades" along with it; eg. donates money to this charity, volunteers for that charity, was involved in these charities throughout his HS and college careers, was an honor student, maintained a 3.8 GPA, was part of the yearbook club I don't know... literally anything.
That was my exact thought. Tell us something that gives us an idea of his “entire body of work”. He did also mention Rice played football at SMU in that statement so I guess that is part of the entire body of work that he was talking about. Football is huge in Texas after all.

That was my exact thought. Tell us something that gives us an idea of his “entire body of work”. He did also mention Rice played football at SMU in that statement so I guess that is part of the entire body of work that he was talking about. Football is huge in Texas after all.
Better call Saul!!!!

Kansas City Chiefs wide receiver Rashee Rice is expected to have charges filed against him for his role in a multi-vehicle crash that occurred on Saturday in Dallas. The 23-year-old met with police on Wednesday, and according to sources, he admitted to driving the Lamborghini involved in the chain reaction collision. Police say they will file charges once they have collected evidence proving the extent of all the victims' injuries. The legal process will play out over the coming weeks or months, and this is certainly a situation to monitor.--Jackson Sparks - RotoBaller

I'm still thinking there is a decent chance KC cuts him. Might wait until after they draft his replacement.
very very little... only because people weren't seriously injured
KC isn’t cutting Rice. He will be suspended a few games and back in plenty of time for a SB run. This incident hurts FF owners way more than it does the Chiefs.

Users who are viewing this thread