What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Rashee Rice, KC (1 Viewer)

I'd bet it is pleaded down to misdemeanors and community service, and he gets 4 games because it all looks pretty bad

Leonard Little killed a woman picking up her teenaged son from a concert in a DUI/speeding/reckless driving incident. Famously, when it happened, he got out of his car and was cursing what had happened to his car, not even checking on the woman he hit (who was dead).

He only got 8 games and spent his whole career blocks away from where the accident happened in St. Louis. So, 2-4 games max seems about right for Rice compared to Little.
In more recent history (aka when Roger was commish) Donte Stallworth committed DUI manslaughter and was suspended for one season.

I completely forgot about that, was such a weird case. Stallworth was drinking, but the guy ran out in front of him because he wanted to catch the bus to go home.
Only 30 days in jail, was crazy... that would not fly right now

I thought about making a buy low offer and did in a couple of leagues, but withdrew the others. No outstanding offers right now. I'm very skittish with him for 2024 and possibly beyond that.

I thought about making a buy low offer and did in a couple of leagues, but withdrew the others. No outstanding offers right now. I'm very skittish with him for 2024 and possibly beyond that.
I did the same. Offered either 1.12 or 2.03 + 3.03. Pulled it after 12 hours.
No longer sure I want him.

I'd bet it is pleaded down to misdemeanors and community service, and he gets 4 games because it all looks pretty bad

Leonard Little killed a woman picking up her teenaged son from a concert in a DUI/speeding/reckless driving incident. Famously, when it happened, he got out of his car and was cursing what had happened to his car, not even checking on the woman he hit (who was dead).

He only got 8 games and spent his whole career blocks away from where the accident happened in St. Louis. So, 2-4 games max seems about right for Rice compared to Little.
In more recent history (aka when Roger was commish) Donte Stallworth committed DUI manslaughter and was suspended for one season.

I completely forgot about that, was such a weird case. Stallworth was drinking, but the guy ran out in front of him because he wanted to catch the bus to go home.
Only 30 days in jail, was crazy... that would not fly right now
Yeah, as I recall, Stallworth was busted for more for the drinking than the death, as it was deemed unavoidable, as the pedestrian was at fault.

We don't know anything yet, but the way those guys bailed, if weapons were present, I am betting 2 things - they were not legally obtained, and it was more than one
I'm betting they were just toy guns they were buying for their kids. And if those guys DO have kids, I am betting they have a LOT of kids.

I mean, who rents a Lambo crossover, if you don't have a lot of kids? Like, if you didn't have a lot of kids, just get a regular Lambo. Who needs all that extra space? It can only be one reason.
Rice was a regular customer at the dealership were he got the car he likes to try different vehicles based on what I hear mainly for friends….not kids. 🤷🏽‍♂️

Tex

He was going 119 right before the crash. They were racing on a crowded highway. He’s very lucky they didn’t kill anyone, b/c he’d be in Ruggs territory if he had.

I’m going to bet on at least a full year suspension.

Millimeters away from being far worse than Ruggs, considering that the road was much more crowded with vehicles and traffic when the Rice incident occured.

Rice got about as lucky as someone could possibly get in one lifetime.

Taken in the context of the Ruggs incident, and given that the Rice incident was millimeters, and a disproportionate amount of luck, away from being exponentially worse...

...if his League punishment is based on past precedent, he's not going play for a long, long time.

Still sounds like 8 games, reduced to 4-5 to me.

But it could be worse. Certainly possible they make an example. The Ruggs incident was a bad look. NFL might wanna look tough on crime.

Listen, I know rules are rules... It's written... it's "law" by your employer and they have to be followed...

But when I see stuff like this, a total disregard for other lives... Or players beating women/girlfriends/wives/kids... Guns and such...

It really makes me sad that the hardest example the league set, was with Josh Gordon. A man that sat alone, smoked pot and drank a cup or two of sizzurp. That's who they chose to tear down. Forever sad.
He tore himself down man. He had zero business playing football. He was a complete addict. He needed some real help. The NFL did him a favor

Apples and oranges here too.

Rice on the other hand did potentially seriously injure a couple of people here who may live with pain the rest of their lives because he wanted to drive 119 MPH right before the impact to the Vette that started the chain reaction wreck.

8 games easy here.

Listen, I know rules are rules... It's written... it's "law" by your employer and they have to be followed...

But when I see stuff like this, a total disregard for other lives... Or players beating women/girlfriends/wives/kids... Guns and such...

It really makes me sad that the hardest example the league set, was with Josh Gordon. A man that sat alone, smoked pot and drank a cup or two of sizzurp. That's who they chose to tear down. Forever sad.
He tore himself down man. He had zero business playing football. He was a complete addict. He needed some real help. The NFL did him a favor

Apples and oranges here too.

Rice on the other hand did potentially seriously injure a couple of people here who may live with pain the rest of their lives because he wanted to drive 119 MPH right before the impact to the Vette that started the chain reaction wreck.

8 games easy here.
I think there's lots of moving parts to this. It's easy and fun to speculate but until the legal end of things is finalized we don't really know what will happen. It's a pretty serious situation though and I hope all of the injured parties come through okay.

Kansas City Chiefs head coach Andy Reid told reporters that he's spoken to wide receiver Rashee Rice, who will be virtual for the first phase of offseason conditioning. "I'm leaving that, like we've done most of these, for the law enforcement part to take place and then we will go from there with that," Reid said. Rice turned himself into authorities after an arrest warrant was issued stemming from a March 30 multi-car accident in which he was driving one of the cars. The 23-year-old is facing eight charges as a result of the incident that caused bodily injuries to some of the people involved. The legal process needs to play out first, but Rice's fantasy value going into the 2024 season could be hurt by the fact that the NFL could hand him a suspension to start the season. Rice was quarterback Patrick Mahomes' favorite weapon outside of tight end Travis Kelce in 2023.--Keith Hernandez - RotoBaller

Being sued for 1M+ per reports.

This won't be good
He's on a rookie contract. I hope he saved his money.
As I mentioned earlier I don't think he will have enough money to cover off all the payments owed to each person/family making a claim. Then add in the insurance costs for each vehicle (I wonder if the insurance is going to cover this considering the speeds/racing and leaving the scene).

Hope he gets a second contract to continue paying this off.

This won't be good
As I mentioned earlier I don't think he will have enough money to cover off all the payments owed to each person/family making a claim. Then add in the insurance costs for each vehicle (I wonder if the insurance is going to cover this considering the speeds/racing and leaving the scene).

Forget the second contract, he needs a second job.

This won't be good

Uber? Well...failing that... LIFT?

Initially. Two treated at the scene and released. 2 went to hospital with minor injuries.

After hearing it was an nfl player and the ambulance chaser attorneys got ahold of them.

…trauma to the brain, lacerations to the face requiring stitches, multiple contusions about the body, disfigurement, internal bleeding, and other internal and external injuries.

Initially. Two treated at the scene and released. 2 went to hospital with minor injuries.

After hearing it was an nfl player and the ambulance chaser attorneys got ahold of them.

…trauma to the brain, lacerations to the face requiring stitches, multiple contusions about the body, disfigurement, internal bleeding, and other internal and external injuries.
good!! let it be a lesson to future young players

(I wonder if the insurance is going to cover this considering the speeds/racing and leaving the scene).
As he was the only one authorized to drive either car, and as he was involved in a speed contest, and moreover one resulting in injury, the answer here is a resounding no.

Insurance companies aren’t rich by paying out for people’s stupidity - they have so many out clauses to avoid payment, and Rice provided them with any number to choose from.

From a financial standpoint he’s hosed.

And...rightfully so. If you want to take the risk on driving a lambo and a corvette at 110+ miles an hour on a public highway, then you pay the price. That price is putting the public at large at risk for life and limb. How much for your Limb? Life?

Raises a good question - which lawyer is the bigger piece of garbage - an ambulance chaser, or the high-priced one who knows their client is Satan but acts like they're defending Jesus?

Raises a good question - which lawyer is the bigger piece of garbage - an ambulance chaser, or the high-priced one who knows their client is Satan but acts like they're defending Jesus?
A tie? 🤷🏻

The takeaway from today is Andy Reid confirming what most assumed. Chiefs have zero plans to do anything punitive and are taking the "we'll let the legal process play out" approach. As expected.

good!! let it be a lesson to future young players
It won't be. It never is

PFT has a comment that there are now lawsuits filed ... $1M or $10M... does not matter until the Jury decides how much. But Lawyers always win.

The takeaway from today is Andy Reid confirming what most assumed. Chiefs have zero plans to do anything punitive and are taking the "we'll let the legal process play out" approach. As expected.
sadly we knew this would be the case
This has been Andy Reid his entire career. He doesn't really care about character issues, concerns, flaws, etc one iota. Just win baby. Not gonna punish his own team when he knows the league will do it for them.

This has been Andy Reid his entire career. He doesn't really care about character issues, concerns, flaws, etc one iota. Just win baby. Not gonna punish his own team when he knows the league will do it for them.
What I said from day 1. Winning is the priority for the Chiefs, and other teams as well. It’s not a bad thing if you are a fan of the Chiefs.

Maybe he shouldn't have been an idiot and risked others peoples lives. Throw the book at him.

Except for Kareem Hunt because I guess you can do a whole lot of bad stuff to other people, you just can't lie, at least not when you play a fairly easily replaceable position.

They did trade Jared Allen to the vike's, but that was 5 years before Reed.
Except they traded him due to contract issues not off the field issues. He cleaned up his act while with KC and had a pro bowl year after doing so. So maybe they are fine with off field stuff but when they get cleaned up they get rid of him?

They did trade Jared Allen to the vike's, but that was 5 years before Reed.
Except they traded him due to contract issues not off the field issues. He cleaned up his act while with KC and had a pro bowl year after doing so. So maybe they are fine with off field stuff but when they get cleaned up they get rid of him?

Ha, that was 15 years ago. Forgot all of the circumstances.

And...rightfully so. If you want to take the risk on driving a lambo and a corvette at 110+ miles an hour on a public highway, then you pay the price. That price is putting the public at large at risk for life and limb. How much for your Limb? Life?
Let me get this straight, Rashee is the bad guy and gets vilified for fleeing the scene but it's okay for everyone to falsify claims because he's an NFL player?

Let me get this straight, Rashee is the bad guy and gets vilified for fleeing the scene but it's okay for everyone to falsify claims because he's an NFL player?
exaggerating is probably a better word than "falsify" - they did get hurt. They did suffer property damage.

Specific language brings in more $. Not saying it's ok. Just that it's totally understood, and I'm FAR less outraged at people trying to get paid for their damage/suffering than I am about the dbag who *caused their damage/suffering* to whatever degree.

This won't be good

Uber? Well...failing that... LIFT?
Would you get in a car he is driving?

For me absolutely.

Because the legal system is not going to give him the punishment he deserves. Lying is way WAY down the “wrong” list compared to what he did.

And it has nothing to do with being an NFL player, I hope anyone who does this is also similarly sued.

For me absolutely.

Because the legal system is not going to give him the punishment he deserves. Lying is way WAY down the “wrong” list compared to what he did.

And it has nothing to do with being an NFL player, I hope anyone who does this is also similarly sued.
I'm not saying that lying is equal to what he did but why should they be encouraged to lie? If there are legitimate claims, then by all means get what you deserve but to lie because you don't think the legal system will punish him enough doesn't seem right. At least to me.

I'm not saying that lying is equal to what he did but why should they be encouraged to lie? If there are legitimate claims, then by all means get what you deserve but to lie because you don't think the legal system will punish him enough doesn't seem right. At least to me.
Rice's defense team will have medical experts too. If they are doing their jobs they will filter through what's a legit claim and what isn't.

The accident happened Saturday, 30 Mar, at approximately 6:20pm Central Standard Time
Rice's attorney issued a statement on Monday, 1 Apr, saying "Rashee is cooperating with local authorities and will take all necessary steps to address this situation responsibly"
Rashee posted on Instagram that he met with Dallas PD investigators on Wednesday, 3 Apr

What I am wondering is when, for the first time, Rice actually had to answer any questions from law enforcement? And were some of those questions...
- Why did you all flee?
- What was in the bag your pal was carrying?
- Were you sober at the time?
- Who was driving both cars?

The accident happened Saturday, 30 Mar, at approximately 6:20pm Central Standard Time
Rice's attorney issued a statement on Monday, 1 Apr, saying "Rashee is cooperating with local authorities and will take all necessary steps to address this situation responsibly"
Rashee posted on Instagram that he met with Dallas PD investigators on Wednesday, 3 Apr

What I am wondering is when, for the first time, Rice actually had to answer any questions from law enforcement? And were some of those questions...
- Why did you all flee?
My guess is when he turned himself in is when he had to answer those questions.

- Why did you all flee?
Or at least that's when they asked him those questions. I can't think any lawyer would let him answer them.

- Why did you all flee?
Or at least that's when they asked him those questions. I can't think any lawyer would let him answer them.
Yes, the only question Rashee probably answered truthfully was his name. For all other questions, his lawyer told him to not answer, or flat out lie. That's why all the people involved have to exaggerate their injuries. I have more respect for ambulance chasers than high-priced attorneys who knowingly defend criminals.

which is exactly what the other 31 teams would be doing/saying.....

Last edited:

- Why did you all flee?
Yes, the only question Rashee probably answered truthfully was his name. For all other questions, his lawyer told him to not answer, or flat out lie. That's why all the people involved have to exaggerate their injuries. I have more respect for ambulance chasers than high-priced attorneys who knowingly defend criminals.
wut? Even criminals have the right to an attorney.

Users who are viewing this thread