What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WR Tee Higgins, CIN (1 Viewer)

Now seems like a good time to buy low on Tee Higgins. What do people think of him going forward? The Cincy passing game is slowly progressing and his value is at an all time low.
I own him, but love him a s a buy low. He was getting a lot of redzone looks early on, and is a big presence. I see a very good second half for him.
I am wondering if a package including Brian Robinson is enough to steal him from the Owner.

With Burrow looking like himself, Tee will get his.

He's currently my #4 WR. To get him you'd have to offer me something that helped my starting lineup, likely some sort of 2-1. It would be hard to come together on any sort of 1 for 1. With Tee's value about as low as it can get, it's going to be difficult finding a deal with a savvy owner unless you're willing to make a trade based on expected future value, not 1st half performance. Hard to come together in cases like this and if someone's held on to Tee this long, they have to believe things are going to improve especially with the signs of life from the Bengals.

Not practicing again today.

Frustrating guy to own in dynasty tbh. Has underwhelmed all season until last week. Finally has a big game and appears to be well on his way to missing another.

Not practicing again today.

Frustrating guy to own in dynasty tbh. Has underwhelmed all season until last week. Finally has a big game and appears to be well on his way to missing another.
I am counting on him in 2 leagues. Really hoping he pulls it together to play on Sunday.

Sigh. This doesn't sound like maintenance days. This sounds like he tweaked something at practice. That has me worried for this week especially since the Bengals play next Thursday against Baltimore. They might try to get it out with Boyd and Company against the Texans.

If he doesn't practice tomorrow, he's not playing IMO.

Sigh. This doesn't sound like maintenance days. This sounds like he tweaked something at practice. That has me worried for this week especially since the Bengals play next Thursday against Baltimore. They might try to get it out with Boyd and Company against the Texans.

On the non-sky is falling side, I haven’t seen anything about an MRI, so it could be precautionary. He’s played through hammy issues in the past.

They called it a tweak, which sometimes means mild. Imma wait for reports before panicking. Once more info comes out I’ll be the 1st to panic. lol

Unfortunately I think you got the right read on it.

I'd just add I think Chase has just been having maintenance days and he might end up with a limited designation today. Which only would help the Bengals play this week without Higgins.

I'm getting the same vibe. I'd be kind of surprised if he played Sunday at this point, and I worry even if he does, it's one of those games where he starts, doesn't feel right, and comes out after like 1 series, which he did a few times last season.

This was lining up to be a smash and is trending towards either not playing or playing as a decoy :cautious:

safe to say, Tee isn't a reliable (i.e. available to play) top end WR and likely won't command the 20+ per contact he wants.....could be wrong, but he's been glass.

safe to say, Tee isn't a reliable (i.e. available to play) top end WR and likely won't command the 20+ per contact he wants.....could be wrong, but he's been glass.
No, but some team will.

If I didn't already have him in 3 leagues I'd be trying to buy-low in dynasty. IMO he's going to be the WR1 for a team next year.

Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Tee Higginsis expected to miss Sunday's game against the Houston Texans due to a hamstring injury, reports NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.

The 24-year-old sustained the injury at practice Wednesday and didn't practice Thursday. He'll be considered week-to-week moving forward, Rapoport adds.

Chase and Higgins should take the game off and rest up not with the risk for rest of the season. Get well.
-Texans fans
No, but some team will.

If I didn't already have him in 3 leagues I'd be trying to buy-low in dynasty. IMO he's going to be the WR1 for a team next year.
Would LOVE if Texans go after him hard offseason.

Chase and Higgins should take the game off and rest up not with the risk for rest of the season. Get well.
-Texans fans
No, but some team will.

Texans have a pretty decent WR room already

I've had this guy two years a row now an he's been terrible both years. More zeros out of this guy . . .

I have him and Nico in one league where I'm 6-3 and playing for serious bragging rights out of 400 people. I'm 51st overall and had a legit shot this week to move up into a playoff scenario with 32 teams and that many people because my likelihood of winning this week is great and my overall points are impressive thus far. Damn.

Tee is killing me. I added Iosivas in that league. I may have to fire him up!

Everybody should think of Irwin or Iosivas as break glass in case of emergency guys, because Chase might not make it this week, either.

He’s a bust this year.
Not just a bust this year, THE bust of the year.

I would imagine if you forfeited the pick, which was likely a higher third in most leagues, your fantasy teams would be better off. That's not a joke. He's been a net negative all but 2 or 3 weeks at best, a brutal lineup crusher the other weeks all while taking up a roster spot all year.

-Texans fans
No, but some team will.

Texans have a pretty decent WR room already

Noah & Schultz were on 1 year deals, maybe they get resigned, maybe they don’t. Woods will be 32 and couldn’t stay healthy this year, he’ll probably get cut as it saves over $5M. Nico will be in the last year of his contract and may or may not be extended (probably will but you never know.) They may not add a stud like Tee but they are going to need to add someone.

He’s a bust this year.
Not just a bust this year, THE bust of the year.

I would imagine if you forfeited the pick, which was likely a higher third in most leagues, your fantasy teams would be better off. That's not a joke. He's been a net negative all but 2 or 3 weeks at best, a brutal lineup crusher the other weeks all while taking up a roster spot all year.
I read somewhere a couple weeks ago on the X thing that he’s the highest owned player on winless teams.

Played him last week in dynasty, it was so nice to have my WRs all back and putting up numbers, and now right back into the mess.
I assume Cincy cant keep him next year and beyond, so will hope he goes somewhere with a legit QB next year. Someone mentioned HOU above, that would be sweet.
I need him back for playoffs this year tho.

Everybody should think of Irwin or Iosivas as break glass in case of emergency guys, because Chase might not make it this week, either.
I drafted Iosivas in both of my 16 team dynasty leagues. I like what I’ve seen in spurts, and IMO he’s the replacement when they let Tee walk.

But they seem to go to their host of TEs, and spread it around a lot.

If both Tee & Chase are out, he could be a what the heck flex. Im starting him in one league I lost Tee for the week.

Last edited:
If both Tee & Chase are out, he could be a what the heck flex.

If and only if, really. I mean, if you have better options, use those. But if those guys are on your wire and it's between them and some other non-entity, you might roll with them. I'm not advocating it unless you're totally desperate and both Chase and Higgins are out.

I read somewhere a couple weeks ago on the X thing that he’s the highest owned player on winless teams.

He was the first WR I picked on my near-winless Summerpalooza team last year.

Higgins = Big Pa Looza

For sure. He's just been godawful two straight years.

Last year was his best year, finished WR18 in PPR. Though his numbers were pretty much identical to 2021 when he was WR24.

What is apparent this season is he's doing less with his targets, much lower catch rate.

Agree it sucks though. In one particular dynasty league I took him at 3.06 last year, my first non-QB pick in a SF league. Actually, named the team after him, "The Higgins Boson". I'm a bit of a physics nerd! :-)

Last edited:

He was the first WR I picked on my near-winless Summerpalooza team last year.

Higgins = Big Pa Looza

The thing with Tee is he has been really good for a long time. He was extremely consistent. So we all looked at last year as an aberration. Now this year he's been fighting the injury bug again.

Because injuries are so hard to predict, I will still likely be in on Tee next year. The question is whether he'll get an injury discount in FF. IMO that will depend on where he ends up. If he goes somewhere as the WR1, he could even rise in ADP.

It's part and parcel of what makes this game so hard.

No, but some team will.

He's going to be back in Cincy next year and only way I think that does not happen is if they make him available in a sign and trade. They are not letting him walk. Bank on it.

I don't own him in dynasty and would be glad for this if I did. Sometimes change is not better, if it's not broke don't need to fix it and only thing that's been off with him has nothing to do with his situation.

Last year was his best year, finished WR18 in PPR. Though his numbers were pretty much identical to 2021 when he was WR24.

I was wrong to speak so negatively of his last year's performance, but I had him in Half PPR, so the numbers might have looked different. I'm not sure how much, but they probably did because I don't remember him being the WR2 that I thought he would be. More like WR3. Maybe it was the goose eggs he gave me for two or three games that color my memory. Seemed like when he went off, my team stunk, when my team was okay, he was throwing geese.

Oh well. But he actually scored more points in 2021 -- he just ranked lower overall because it was a higher-scoring year.

Anyway, he's out Sunday and I'm stuck starting Rashid Shaheed, who has been a nice plug and play at times this year. We'll see what happens with Shaheed's targets. See if he gets a bunch.

Users who are viewing this thread