What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WW pickups from week 4 (or, ww pickups for week 5) (1 Viewer)

If you want the spot start for this week I would go Yeldon.  For the long term I would go Jones.  Jones' touches have gone up each week and he does a lot with him.  I expect that trend to continue based on the comments from the team.  However, even if his touches go up again this week I would think Yeldon would still get more.  
I think Yeldon will start more than just this week. I'd be amazed if Fournette is only out next week. 

There will be games where all of Carson, Davis, Penny and Prosise play (like in week 2). In that offense, behind that line with Schotty calling plays I think they're all a hard avoid.
Prosise is not even in the conversation. Not sure what's going on with Penny but I would not worry about him. Davis and Carson will battle it out...none of them are startable against the Rams. My 2 cents.

Prosise is not even in the conversation. Not sure what's going on with Penny but I would not worry about him. Davis and Carson will battle it out...none of them are startable against the Rams. My 2 cents.
When he's healthy, which is for 2-3 games a season, he makes his way onto the field. The mere fact that there was a week (week 2 vs. CHI) in which Penny played on 30% of the snaps, Carson played on 29% of the snaps, Prosise played on 27% of the snaps and Davis played on 14% of the snaps means anything is possible.

tombonneau said:
Surprised this is only mention of Mike Davis. Didn't they say he'll be mixed in even when Carson is back? Plan on going all in with my FAAB in dynasty for him. He looked good last year, he's looked good this year.
Seahawks, Carroll especially, are notorious for coach speak.   Weak offense and Davis is 1 of 3 or 4 "in the mix"? 26 next year to boot and the Seahawks have been a revolving door at RB for years.  

Could Davis succeed?  Sure, but all in with you FAAB?  Not me.

Shawnky said:
Who is the bye week pickup at TE? Not many choices. Was thinking Kroft initially, but now thinking of Clay or Hueurman based off this week's usage.
TEs with good match-ups this week are Hooper, Gesicki, Ellison, ASJ, RSJ, Swaim and Vannett. These guys are likely largely unowned. 

What's the best website for injury news?

Phenomena said:
Fantasy is a multi-billion $ industry. Any important injury news is on every major site within 10 minutes.
Pretty much this. I'll still help you out a little bit more since I know not everyone is good at this internet thing.

Rotoworld.com is my top source. I visit that site multiple times throughout the day checking it more than my email.

You should also follow Adam Schefter on twitter he is about as accurate as a NFL insider can get. On a side note don't ever trust Ian Rapaport. I really don't understand how that guy even still has a job.

Any time I have trouble finding information from those two sources I'll just google the player's team practice report. Golden rule in fantasy football is that you should automatically bench any player that doesn't practice on a friday.

They just signed Cairo Santos. I doubt they'd do that if he was coming back this week. 
If they knew one way or the other, no. But with the uncertainty? Get him in with his teammates and get rid of the other hack. If Zeurlin comes back they cut Santos and no foul. 

Dammit I should kept my bid for Coutee low. I bid $18 and the next highest was only $10, my original was $13. Also got Robert Turbin for $2 ... oddly no one bid in my league. People are really underestimating his status.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dammit I should kept my bid for Coutee low. I bid $18 and the next highest was only $10, my original was $13. Also got Robert Turbin for $2 ... oddly no one bid in my league. People are really underestimating his status.
Depends on the league. In the bigger leagues he's going for 50%+

Really wanted to land Hines as in PPR, I think he'll be a good if not great flex option through the byes and kinda hurting at RB options with Fournette being so glassy.

Keeping my eye out for similar backs who may not produce consistently at the same level -- Richard and TyMo being two. You can't rely on these guys any given Sunday, but given match up and need if you are in a PPR, you may be able to do worse and they are likely under the radar.

I know most are scooping him on waivers but anyone actively trying to trade for Coutee? Is it crazy to trade a Baldwin, Kupp or Landry (only 1 being started) straight up for him and his keeper rights for life? 

Would you guys rank him below Golladay and Godwin long term? It’s hard because it’s soooo early and he could simply up and disappear (although unlikely). 

Hmmmmm.  Picked up Hooper last week but thinking about RSJ now.  I guess I'm throwing darts now.
In one league Im stashing both Olsen and Engram and I picked up Eifert last week LMAO. Im with you on dart throws. Going week to week now until one of those 2 come back (no way Im dropping either one with the TE situation being so bleak). I like ASJ vs KC, Swaim vs HOU, and RSJ vs SF in that order. Its a crapshoot.

In one league Im stashing both Olsen and Engram and I picked up Eifert last week LMAO. Im with you on dart throws. Going week to week now until one of those 2 come back (no way Im dropping either one with the TE situation being so bleak). I like ASJ vs KC, Swaim vs HOU, and RSJ vs SF in that order. Its a crapshoot.
Well I have Burton who I'm rolling with.  Just need a bye week filler.  Thanks for the input.

Phenomena said:
Fantasy is a multi-billion $ industry. Any important injury news is on every major site within 10 minutes.
Okay.  I could have said things better.  I thought someone might know an exceptional site.  I'm not looking for the standard "important" news, but rather complete info such as impact, replacement, extent of injury, timetable, etc., as well as local views, in a spreadsheet-esque format.  Sort of a "one-stop shopping" site devoted to that info.  In addition to week-to-week waiver info, I'd like to be able to apply the info long term, and into next season.

So, yeah, simply asking for the "best" site was kinda lame.  Sorry. 

I know most are scooping him on waivers but anyone actively trying to trade for Coutee? Is it crazy to trade a Baldwin, Kupp or Landry (only 1 being started) straight up for him and his keeper rights for life? 

Would you guys rank him below Golladay and Godwin long term? It’s hard because it’s soooo early and he could simply up and disappear (although unlikely). 
My trading experience in dynasty is limited, but given that we're just seeing whether/how Coutee pans out I think it's risky to trade him straight up for a guy like Kupp who is into his second season as aproven target commodity on a high powered offense and is only 4 years older. Ditto on Landry, though Baldwin is not out of the question -- wonder how that trade would be perceived now that Baldwin is north of 30 and has operating on two bad stems.

I know most are scooping him on waivers but anyone actively trying to trade for Coutee? Is it crazy to trade a Baldwin, Kupp or Landry (only 1 being started) straight up for him and his keeper rights for life

Yes that's crazy at this point.  At least for Kupp and Landry.  Their rights for life >> Keke's rights.

Yes that's crazy at this point.  At least for Kupp and Landry.  Their rights for life >> Keke's rights.
Sorry should have clarified. All 3 are simply for this year - no keeper rights. Coutee would be kept in the 28th next year and then kept 3 rounds up each successive year. Hence, essentially for life. 

Sorry this is turning into very AC oriented, but my reason for “overpaying” is that I am 4-0 and looking to shore up talent for the future. 

If Ito Smith is still on your WW he probably needs to be rostered in case Freeman doesn't come back this week. He played on a season high 43% of the snaps last week and actually leads the team in RZ utilization.

I would roster D.J. Moore in case CAR found a way to get him more involved after the bye, his snaps doubled from weeks 2-3.

I'd probably ignore Kroft and Uzomah in CIN. Uzomah played on ~70% of the snaps to Kroft's ~30% though. Erickson played a lot more with Ross gimpy.

In deep leagues I'd look at Higgins because he and Mayfield's chemistry from the preseason looks to have carried over into the reg season.

Swaim has averaged a 20% target share over the past 2 weeks.

Heuerman saw a season high 21% of the targets last week with Butt out.

Coute's 36% target share is mind boggling.

Chester Rogers saw the biggest bump with Hilton out.

Yeldon obviously needs to be rostered but I think Grant does as well.

Everett saw his snaps double with Higbee out.

Aldrick Robinson is fool's gold.

Brate is an obvious add with Howard out.
I know it takes some time to put out what you do but it's very helpful.  Good stuff too.

thanx!

Coutee and he went for $17.  I won Taywan Taylor for $7 and picked up Robert Turbin after waivers processed. 

I am not sure how to feel missing out on Coutee. I didnt want to pay up for him, but after watching a video breakdown of his skills I am secong-guessing myself. The kid is ridiculously quick coming out of cuts.  If Fuller is out I expect him to be a huge part of that offense.  The problem is I dont think that offense can support 3 wide receivers and we know that Hopkins will get his. I would think that Fuller and Coutee hurt each other moving forward when they both play.

Elevencents said:
Sorry should have clarified. All 3 are simply for this year - no keeper rights. Coutee would be kept in the 28th next year and then kept 3 rounds up each successive year. Hence, essentially for life. 

Sorry this is turning into very AC oriented, but my reason for “overpaying” is that I am 4-0 and looking to shore up talent for the future. 
Taco league.  Should only be allowed to keep guys where they were drafted.  Not drafted then not eligible to keep.

Taco league.  Should only be allowed to keep guys where they were drafted.  Not drafted then not eligible to keep.
He was drafted, not by me. In the 31st round. 

PS I like tacos. Guess your league peen is bigger than mine. Thanks for your input tho. 

Short bench and facing a tough decision. Have Crowell. Cohen and Powell on waivers. Do I pounce on one of them?

Elevencents said:

I think that changes things.  I may move Baldwin for him if you don't see yourself needing him much this year. 

Short bench and facing a tough decision. Have Crowell. Cohen and Powell on waivers. Do I pounce on one of them?
Depending on who you're cutting, I'd grab Cohen if it's PPR.  Powell or Crowell are worth adding, again, depending on who you cut.

Good point.  

It’s still huge so thank you!
No sweat. Everyone around here has contributed so much to my league success over the past six years that it's nice to help in a small way and do something useful, even if it was on Roto.  

Users who are viewing this thread