What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

xbox one vs ps4 (2 Viewers)

It took me an hour to figure out that the turtle beach headphones need a $25 adapter before I can use them

:bangshead:

Also, some loser already had Acer and Acer FC as their tags. Losers
OK, So I need this adapter as well. Thanks, nothing worse than opening this on Christmas and it not working.
Is this what I need?

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-One-Stereo-Headset-Adapter/dp/B00IAVDOS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1447166006&sr=8-1&keywords=turtle+beach+adapter+for+xbox+one

Man I miss my SNES days.
I believe so. Walmart looks to have it $1 cheaper than everyone else but out of stock. Best Buy has it for $25 in stock at all the stores around me. Gamestop in stock but charging $30 for it.

In terms of the headset adapter, yes Rick. That is what I need and you will need and anyone who bought the newegg deal

In terms of the deal Bull, I think it was still a good deal. The headset is in the 75-99 range and black ops 3 by itself is a brand new game that was all included for free. I was never really going to play Assasins Creed or Final Fantasy much but they were throw ins. Who knows, maybe I pop them in one day and enjoy it. Its still two games that you get for free. I still think the deal was good

You also get a 14 day trial of xbox live so no need to run out and buy a year. Although I did before I knew about the two weeks free

In terms of the headset adapter, yes Rick. That is what I need and you will need and anyone who bought the newegg deal

In terms of the deal Bull, I think it was still a good deal. The headset is in the 75-99 range and black ops 3 by itself is a brand new game that was all included for free. I was never really going to play Assasins Creed or Final Fantasy much but they were throw ins. Who knows, maybe I pop them in one day and enjoy it. Its still two games that you get for free. I still think the deal was good

You also get a 14 day trial of xbox live so no need to run out and buy a year. Although I did before I knew about the two weeks free
Yeah, I was just kidding about the deal. It's all good. I was hoping for more than $8 for the two games, but that probably means I'll give them a try instead of trading them in. That isn't the worst thing in the world.

My gamertag is FC Acer since Acer FC and Acer were both taken

Add me since I dont know how to add you guys

Actually, I want to change my gamer tag. Can I do that.
I think you get to change it once on Xbox.
do you know if they count the change from the one they give you as one
Yes.
Just leave it. Mine is Septic Toltec. It is stupid, my wife hates it, my kids think it is funny as they use this tag on my old 360, but I keep it because it ultimately means nothing.
I was appleponder782

I was going to change it to my star wars name at the urging of my students. Not sure it's worth $10. In fact, I know its not. But ive wasted more money on stupider things

Yes.
Just leave it. Mine is Septic Toltec. It is stupid, my wife hates it, my kids think it is funny as they use this tag on my old 360, but I keep it because it ultimately means nothing.
My great, great, great, great, grea, great, great, great, great, great, great grandfather was from Tula, and I'm offended by your racist tag.

I was going to change it to my star wars name at the urging of my students. Not sure it's worth $10. In fact, I know its not. But ive wasted more money on stupider things
If you aren't happy with your name, it probably is worth it. You'll see it every time you play anything.

Is there any real advantage to the 1TB xbox one over the 500GB version? I know it's twice the space, but what do you use that space for anyways? I've had a 20gb xbox 360 for the last 10 years or so and space has never been that big of an issue. I've had to delete an old save-file from a game I didn't play anymore, but that's about it.

shady inc said:
Is there any real advantage to the 1TB xbox one over the 500GB version? I know it's twice the space, but what do you use that space for anyways? I've had a 20gb xbox 360 for the last 10 years or so and space has never been that big of an issue. I've had to delete an old save-file from a game I didn't play anymore, but that's about it.
Unless that 1tb model is a solid state drive (I think they call it an Elite console), 500gb is the way I'd go. If you want to add space later, find a deal on an 2tb USB3 external drive later. That's what most of us have done.

shady inc said:
Xbox one games automatically install to the hard drive even if you have the disc. I have a 500GB xbox one and it isn't a big deal, but I also have a 1TB External hard drive connected to my xbox one. Unless the prices are close, I would probably go with the 500GB version and buy an external drive for it.

Yes.
I was appleponder782
I haven't changed mine its Affirmed Statue. So I can still change it for free but haven't been able to decide on a new one.

shady inc said:
Each game ranges from around 25-60GB, add in mandatory 10+GB updates and you'll be able to hold 8-12 games on it without having to reinstall/download when you want to play certain things.

If you get a good deal, get the bigger HD, otherwise it is cheaper to get a USB 3 external for it if you need space.

Last edited by a moderator:
shady inc said:
Each game ranges from around 25-60GB, add in mandatory 10+GB updates and you'll be able to hold 8-12 games on it without having to reinstall/download when you want to play certain things.
How many games are you playing at a given time?

shady inc said:
Ideally 10-15. But its also convenience to leave it on the harddrive and not have to go through the 4+ hours(with good internet-much more with bad) process of redownloading everything. I play Gears, Payday, ESO, some FPS, probably Battlefront for my multiplayer fixes. Then I have a lot of single player games for when I feel like just cruising in campaign and enjoying some stories. My main thing is I play whatever game feels right at the time. So I get random itches to play some games from years back sometimes and I fire up the 360 and play them. The same thign happens with the XOne. For example I wanted to go back and run through dead rising 3 again for fun but I had removed it due to lack of space.

shady inc said:
Each game ranges from around 25-60GB, add in mandatory 10+GB updates and you'll be able to hold 8-12 games on it without having to reinstall/download when you want to play certain things. If you get a good deal, get the bigger HD, otherwise it is cheaper to get a USB 3 external for it if you need space.
Yeah, I have played about 9-10 games on the X1. Had to delete a couple to download Halo. It was a little annoying but I usually play one game at a time for extended periods so more HD space isn't a huge deal for me.

So by the way, here's a diagram for the setup for hooking up the DXL1 headset that was in the Newegg bundle.

Where it says "XBox One/PS4 cable sold separately", you're going to use the headset's included "Xbox 360 talkback cable" along with the 2.5 to 3.5 adapter that was included in the $25 Xbox One Stereo Headset Adapter that you have to buy separately.

I didn't spot the latter 2.5 to 3.5 adapter cable for the longest time, it is in the same bag as a USB cable that was included for updating the Xbox controller firmware, but that isn't required of the controller that comes with the bundle.

Then once it is all hooked up, there's a power switch on the side of the DSS2 box thing that you connected into the Xbox One.

shady inc said:
Are games getting smaller? Who knows how big much storage games will take up 2, 3 years from now. You can't possibly go wrong with more storage.

Any long time xbox users have their systems shut down randomly after only a few seconds of being on. It happened to me twice yesterday and once after playing for a few hours. It was the first day it happened after having it for three days.

Eta: xbox 1

Any long time xbox users have their systems shut down randomly after only a few seconds of being on. It happened to me twice yesterday and once after playing for a few hours. It was the first day it happened after having it for three days.

Like the whole Xbox rebooting or just the game crashing?

The first time it happened, my game locked up. I then turned it off and put it back on. Within 20 seconds, the controller and the system shut down. Turn it back on and it happens within 5 seconds this time.

I went to the settings menu and hit the restart option. It was OK for an hour, maybe an hour and a half and then shut down again out of nowhere.

The first time it happened, my game locked up. I then turned it off and put it back on. Within 20 seconds, the controller and the system shut down. Turn it back on and it happens within 5 seconds this time.

I went to the settings menu and hit the restart option. It was OK for an hour, maybe an hour and a half and then shut down again out of nowhere.
I'd call MS support, games crashing (esp on an external HD) is not out of the ordinary, but your Xbox shouldn't be doing that.

Never had that happen but try a hard reset (unplug power for 30 seconds, force it to turn all the way off and reboot). Whenever my xbox starts acting screwy that fixes the problem.

So I downloaded the new XB1 dashboard and now I'm back to not knowing how to use it again.

This might be worse than the terribleness it was before.

Speaking of the XB1 interface... for anyone else who is just getting one, seems like the easiest way to get into Settings is to hit what used to be the Start button and select it from the pop up menu it will bring up.

I tried finding Settings off the normal interface and it was idiotic. I found Settings under the World icon top left, but that would just take me to settings for communication preferences. If I tried to back out to get to the full list it would take me back to Home but show the Preferences in the big window. If I reselected the big window back to the exact same screen, and THEN tried backing out exactly the same again, then it would actually work and get me to the full settings list. Took me awhile to find the Start button thing for getting to it more easily. Pop up menus are nice but that shouldn't be the only way to get to main places like Settings.

Also, already missing XBox 360's nice simple list for disk usage by games that shows everything at a glance. I just don't get how a company that puts this much dev into a product ends up with an interface where you have to select games one by one to see the disk usage. I worked at a software company a fraction the size and our folks who reviewed user interface would have beat a programmer over the head who tried to implement something like that.

Speaking of the XB1 interface... for anyone else who is just getting one, seems like the easiest way to get into Settings is to hit what used to be the Start button and select it from the pop up menu it will bring up.

I tried finding Settings off the normal interface and it was idiotic. I found Settings under the World icon top left, but that would just take me to settings for communication preferences. If I tried to back out to get to the full list it would take me back to Home but show the Preferences in the big window. If I reselected the big window back to the exact same screen, and THEN tried backing out exactly the same again, then it would actually work and get me to the full settings list. Took me awhile to find the Start button thing for getting to it more easily. Pop up menus are nice but that shouldn't be the only way to get to main places like Settings.

Also, already missing XBox 360's nice simple list for disk usage by games that shows everything at a glance. I just don't get how a company that puts this much dev into a product ends up with an interface where you have to select games one by one to see the disk usage. I worked at a software company a fraction the size and our folks who reviewed user interface would have beat a programmer over the head who tried to implement something like that.
On the new interface you hit the button to go back to home . Then left once, and down four times to the gear like object. Took me under two seconds when being in game to get there. Much MUCH better than before. Start a party chart is in a similar location or send a message or check friends list. Way better than before since it doesn't lag and seems snappy.

On the new interface you hit the button to go back to home . Then left once, and down four times to the gear like object. Took me under two seconds when being in game to get there. Much MUCH better than before. Start a party chart is in a similar location or send a message or check friends list. Way better than before since it doesn't lag and seems snappy.
I don't know if we have a different interface, but there is no gear button for Settings in the main interface by default.

On the Home screen you mention, at the bottom there are 4 buttons beneath the big window that I'm assuming you're talking about? As far as I can tell they are the last places you have been. I just launched now and Settings is in there because I went to it recently the last time I had it on. But just now I went to Achievements, came back to Home and the Settings gear thing got dropped from the list and the Achievements one replaced it.

Ah, something new. I went back to Settings a couple of times until the gear button reappeared on my home screen. Then I highlighted it and hit the Start button and it had the option to pin the Settings button. So now it shows up under Pins, I'm assuming as a permanent option. It should have really been in there from the start is my issue.

Where is the list for the 360 games that are compatible for play today? (No need for the entire list) I would like to try this out.

TIA

I don't know if we have a different interface, but there is no gear button for Settings in the main interface by default.

On the Home screen you mention, at the bottom there are 4 buttons beneath the big window that I'm assuming you're talking about? As far as I can tell they are the last places you have been. I just launched now and Settings is in there because I went to it recently the last time I had it on. But just now I went to Achievements, came back to Home and the Settings gear thing got dropped from the list and the Achievements one replaced it.

Ah, something new. I went back to Settings a couple of times until the gear button reappeared on my home screen. Then I highlighted it and hit the Start button and it had the option to pin the Settings button. So now it shows up under Pins, I'm assuming as a permanent option. It should have really been in there from the start is my issue.
When you go to the home area it places you on the large center tile thing. Tap left and it brings the smaller left side vertical panel into focus and expands it. this is where the settings(gear symbol) is if you scroll down four clicks. It also has restart and shut down options in this spot.

Sounds like we have a different interface. I see from pictures on the web some that have something left of the big center tile which I'm guessing is yours.

But the interface on the one I just received looks closer to this though not exactly. http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/c2/32/c232122d-6542-48df-ba51-8be890b22126.png?n=one-battery-red-l.png

The big tile and the 5 beneath and 2 to the right are what my Home looks like, without that login thing to the left. To the left on mine goes to the Pins tab, where I was able to manually make the Settings show up after your post gave me the idea to try, but it wasn't there by default. Right are other tabs, Friends, Whats On and Store.

AcerFC said:

I played some Halo 5 during lunch and it happened to me trying to launch the game. Started up the Xbox which was set for quick launch in the power savings. Selected Halo 5. Screen went black, after a short bit the whole Xbox rebooted from scratch. Worked after that.

AcerFC said:

I played some Halo 5 during lunch and it happened to me trying to launch the game. Started up the Xbox which was set for quick launch in the power savings. Selected Halo 5. Screen went black, after a short bit the whole Xbox rebooted from scratch. Worked after that.
Return it. That's not normal. I've had mine for 2 years and it's never done this.

Did it download the new dashboard? That's rolling out today and could be causing some of the wonkiness.
It did, but I tried out the disc 360 version of Lego Star Wars (Complete Saga) and its telling me this is not available to play.

ETA: Obviously, the first day is a little buggy, but more features are showing up as the day goes by. It's working now.

Sounds like we have a different interface. I see from pictures on the web some that have something left of the big center tile which I'm guessing is yours.

But the interface on the one I just received looks closer to this though not exactly. http://compass.xboxlive.com/assets/c2/32/c232122d-6542-48df-ba51-8be890b22126.png?n=one-battery-red-l.png

The big tile and the 5 beneath and 2 to the right are what my Home looks like, without that login thing to the left. To the left on mine goes to the Pins tab, where I was able to manually make the Settings show up after your post gave me the idea to try, but it wasn't there by default. Right are other tabs, Friends, Whats On and Store.
You have the old dahsboard still....it's going away.

I just bought a second controller with a new 3.5mm input. This might lead to not needing the adapter. I will report back late tonight

Users who are viewing this thread