What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

xbox one vs ps4 (1 Viewer)

Effin PSN. I am trying to create a new ID and the emails to verify the account aren't working. Great Christmas present that we can't use.

Got two Xboxes up and running and at least 1 game downloaded in about an hour. Not too bad!
Never had any issues downloading/loading games onto the hard drive with the 360. PS4/PSN have been so freaking slow it is ridiculous. I am hardwired into the DSL modem too. Took 20-30 minutes before I got the new account verification emails. So far, very unimpressed. I don't think my boys will be able to play Battlefront until tomorrow. It has taken hours to install and it isn't done yet.

Only issue was EA being a f'ing **** about kid accounts. If I'm ok with them playing online WTF aren't you???? FFS thye can play skrim and you won't let thme play SW battlefront. #### you.

Only issue was EA being a f'ing **** about kid accounts. If I'm ok with them playing online WTF aren't you???? FFS thye can play skrim and you won't let thme play SW battlefront. #### you.
I setup the account for me as mentioned above. I haven't had to do EA yet.

Couple quick questions (forgive my ignorance). Getting my son an Xbox One (even though I prefer PS4) because his friends all have XBox One and he wants to play online.

So, is the 1TB model simply more memory, or does that system also run faster than the 500GB? Don't think we'll usually do digital versions, so I'm not that worried about space. But if it runs faster too, that might be worth the extra 50 bucks.

The Elite version, however, seems quite a bit more expensive, so not sure I wanted to go that route.

And to play online against friends, do I have to purchase that XBox live subscription? And if so, is there more than one level of that subscription, or is it one price for all?

Last edited by a moderator:
The regular TB is the same as the 500 in regards to performance. The elite might be marginally better as it has a SDHD. The selling point of the elite is the controller. I have the elite controller. Don't use it how it's meant but it feels so much better than the normal one.

You'll need XBox Live. You can routinely find it on sale for around $35. Only one level.

my understanding is 1 TB is just more memory, Elite is rumored to run faster but i just have the 500 GB so i don't really know. All games full install on the hard drive now so digital vs disk doesn't really matter for hard drive space. Also if you have the live subscription your son may be also downloading another game or two a month.

I was able to get by with the 500 GB for two years by deleting games from the hard drive that i wasn't playing anymore, I finally broke down and bought a 3TB external.

My general thought is 500 GB doesn't go very far and eventually you will need or at least want more, external is cheaper then the internal and you have the option to get a lot more space with no real drop in performance

Yes only one level of live gold subscription, it is required for online multiplayer, price usually varies by length of subscription

So the standard Xbox controller that comes with the system runs on two AA batteries instead of having a recharging cable? Awful.

So the standard Xbox controller that comes with the system runs on two AA batteries instead of having a recharging cable? Awful.
I prefer it that way personally. Easy peasy with rechargeable batteries.

So much nicer to just swap out a new pair of batteries that were sitting on the charger when the controller gets low. I hate when I'm playing PS4 and the battery gets low and I have to plug in that 2 foot cable and sit a foot in front of the TV while I play so the controller can charge back up. Also nice to not have to replace the controller down the road because the battery barely holds a charge anymore.

So much nicer to just swap out a new pair of batteries that were sitting on the charger when the controller gets low. I hate when I'm playing PS4 and the battery gets low and I have to plug in that 2 foot cable and sit a foot in front of the TV while I play so the controller can charge back up. Also nice to not have to replace the controller down the road because the battery barely holds a charge anymore.
Yep. Buy some Eneloop rechargeables and you're set.

ps4.I bought a 15 ft USB extension cable.

Sit on the couch and charge now

ps4.I bought a 15 ft USB extension cable.

Sit on the couch and charge now
I traded in my Xbox 360 and games (got $200+, pretty happy) so I got one of those Energizer dual chargers. GameStop guy recommended it over the Sony one for charging faster, was also cheaper. My boys have 3 controllers so I setup the charger and the USB cable (used an extra Apple plug) right in front of the TV since the PS4 is behind the door. It seems to work well for them so far to make sure they are charged. It also helps having the extra controllers if only 1 or 2 of them are playing.

Oh 8 have the charger also. I think the ps4 version. But if one goes out mid game I have the cable in case

Speaking of the Xbone chargers, check the reviews before you get one. One of the brands has been getting horrible ratings from people.

So I've been playing Rise of Tomb Raider on my new XBox One. I'm about halfway through it. Now I can't get it continue my game where I left off. I died once, and instead of starting me where I left off, the game somehow quit and went out to main menu.

When I tried to continue again from main screen, it tries to load it, but then before it can, the machine starts making some loud rattling noise, and then it ultimately goes back to the main menu. I've tried loading instead of continuing, and the same thing happens. I've restarted several times, the machine is up to date on updates. I don't know what else to do.

I've put in hours and hours of game play to get where I am in the game now. I can't imagine starting all over - even if the game will let me.

Anyone have any suggestions?

ETA: And this is a digital download of the game, not a disc.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I've been playing Rise of Tomb Raider on my new XBox One. I'm about halfway through it. Now I can't get it continue my game where I left off. I died once, and instead of starting me where I left off, the game somehow quit and went out to main menu.

When I tried to continue again from main screen, it tries to load it, but then before it can, the machine starts making some loud rattling noise, and then it ultimately goes back to the main menu. I've tried loading instead of continuing, and the same thing happens. I've restarted several times, the machine is up to date on updates. I don't know what else to do.

I've put in hours and hours of game play to get where I am in the game now. I can't imagine starting all over - even if the game will let me.

I would delete and redownload the game. I think it will retain your save file since that should be in the cloud. And absolutely loved this game.

I would delete and redownload the game. I think it will retain your save file since that should be in the cloud. And absolutely loved this game.
In the process of that now - because none of the first 9 "solutions" worked. It's taking forever to reinstall. Game is awesome.

In the process of that now - because none of the first 9 "solutions" worked. It's taking forever to reinstall. Game is awesome.
Nine hours and counting now on the reinstall and it's still only 70% complete. Internet seems to be working fine, so no idea what in the hell is going on.

Nine hours and counting now on the reinstall and it's still only 70% complete. Internet seems to be working fine, so no idea what in the hell is going on.
:eek:

If I want to buy a refurbished system pretty much so I can play Red Dead 2, which should I get?

Do they both play last gen games?

Is either better than the other for Netflix, amazon, hbogo, etc?  

Can either support kodi or terrarium tv?

If I want to buy a refurbished system pretty much so I can play Red Dead 2, which should I get?

PS4 is supposed to get online exclusives for RDR2. If you don't care about that they are basically equal. 

Leeroy Jenkins said:

Do they both play last gen games?  No, only the Xbox does (well, PS4 has a streaming service, but I haven't heard much good about it)

Is either better than the other for Netflix, amazon, hbogo, etc?  I think the apps are pretty much the same on each

Can either support kodi or terrarium tv?  Not sure about PS4, but almost positive that Xbox does not.
Like Poke_4_Life said, PS4 will get timed exclusives but otherwise the games should be basically identical.

Leeroy Jenkins said:

If you want backwards compatible go Xbox, PS4 doesn't support it. If you want to play other newer games in addition to RDR2, go PS4.

Xbox has some good stuff, but Sony's exclusive lineup has been kicking Xbox's ### the last year. Horizon Zero Dawn, the Spiderman game, and God of War 4 are supposed to be amazing.

If you want backwards compatible go Xbox, PS4 doesn't support it. If you want to play other newer games in addition to RDR2, go PS4.

Xbox has some good stuff, but Sony's exclusive lineup has been kicking Xbox's ### the last year. Horizon Zero Dawn, the Spiderman game, and God of War 4 are supposed to be amazing.
:yes:

Xbox has to specifically make a game back compatible. Google and you can find an online list of what games are back compatible.  They still play like the 360 game though.  They also have remastered some (like Halo Master Chief Edition which has Halo 1-4 in it) but you have to buy those again.

PS3 games are not back compatible.  But, a lot of the good ones have been ported, and a bunch remastered, but you have to buy them again. The ones that are just ported are also generally cheap.  I picked up some old PS2 favorites like Dark Cloud and all the old Star Wars (Jedi Starfighter, Bounty Hunter) for just a couple of bucks.  Last Of Us I was happy to pay for the remastered that makes use of the PS4's graphics.

They had a long anniversary sale that had a lot of the older stuff at big discounts.

Users who are viewing this thread