What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo! Trade review (1 Viewer)

JMon348

Footballguy
Description:

Yahoo! Trade ReviewIf a trade protest is made, members of the Yahoo! Sports staff will review the trade. If the trade in question appears to be overly biased or unfair towards one team, the trade will be overturned. Trade Review is only available for purchase by a league's commissioner. $14.99
Has anybody ever used this? Our league purchased it this year and I was wondering how it works. I traded Jahvid Best and Miles Austin for Lesean McCoy and Antonio Gates before yesterdays games started. After the games and finding out about Best's injury, a couple of leaguemates said they were vetoing/protesting the deal. My question is, will the yahoo staff take into consideration that this deal was done before the days games? Trade is about even according to FBG's trade value chart(250+ going forward) so I'd be pretty upset if Yahoo somehow denies it.Anybody has any experience with it?

Why on earth would you pay for that?
It's a long time friends leagues. Trading has been tough the last couple of years because people don't want to see teams get better. Every trade was "one sided", even though some were arguing against both sides. Thought this was the best solution. We have had 3 or 4 trades already this year with no problems(don't think any were protested, all pretty fair). This one was the first trade people were complaining about(shows you how petty some are in the league)

It's a long time friends leagues. Trading has been tough the last couple of years because people don't want to see teams get better. Every trade was "one sided", even though some were arguing against both sides. Thought this was the best solution. We have had 3 or 4 trades already this year with no problems(don't think any were protested, all pretty fair). This one was the first trade people were complaining about(shows you how petty some are in the league)
Why are you even wasting your time with a league like that?

Well Im sure its better than that "evaluate trade" option that is free and overvalues players because of pre-season rankings

9 year league, with some of my best friends. Mix of savvy/rookie/semi knowledgeable fans.

Send me $5 via paypal and I'll write a paragraph for each protested trade, either approving or rejecting them.

(hint: I'm going to approve 99% of them, figuring 1% will involve collusion)

Description:

Yahoo! Trade Review

If a trade protest is made, members of the Yahoo! Sports staff will review the trade. If the trade in question appears to be overly biased or unfair towards one team, the trade will be overturned. Trade Review is only available for purchase by a league's commissioner. $14.99
Has anybody ever used this? Our league purchased it this year and I was wondering how it works.

I traded Jahvid Best and Miles Austin for Lesean McCoy and Antonio Gates before yesterdays games started. After the games and finding out about Best's injury, a couple of leaguemates said they were vetoing/protesting the deal. My question is, will the yahoo staff take into consideration that this deal was done before the days games? Trade is about even according to FBG's trade value chart(250+ going forward) so I'd be pretty upset if Yahoo somehow denies it.

Anybody has any experience with it?
So people want to veto a trade retroactively after the player was on your team for Week 6?

Well Im sure its better than that "evaluate trade" option that is free and overvalues players because of pre-season rankings
I imagine it's the same exact thing. I doubt Yahoo has staffers sitting around evaluating trades all day. You pay for this service, submit one of your trades for "review", they feed it through an algorithm that adds up their projected fantasy points and spits out a decision based on how far apart the totals are. There's no way they're taking things like bye week conflicts, roster needs, etc. into consideration, as would be required in an actual trade review.

I don't like this idea. The league should be able to regulate itself unless you have a bunch of people who set their roster for a couple of weeks out and then never update their teams.

Another thing is that I doubt someone is actually sitting there evaluating the trades, they have some calculation that determines the players worth. Unless they explain their evaluation process further I wouldn't trust it. Part of the fun of being in a fantasy league is managing your team and see how your decisions pan out.

What a great idea. I love thinking that Brandon Funston is personally vetoing or accepting my trades. Worth $14.99 for sure. Maybe even worth $19.99 depending on how often/badly you trade.

'glong989 said:
What a great idea. I love thinking that Brandon Funston is personally vetoing or accepting my trades. Worth $14.99 for sure. Maybe even worth $19.99 depending on how often/badly you trade.
You know you can imagine that he's personally reviewing your trades without actually sending him $20, right?

'8ebok24 said:
'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
There are a lot better ways to handle trades for leagues that are friends and more worried about avoiding strife between the members than other concerns.

One that I use in a league of college buddies is that there is a 48 hour "counter offer" period after a trade is accepted. If a trade of Players A&B for Players C&D is accepted, notice goes out to the league. The other teams have 48 hours in which they can make an offer for the exact group of players/picks on either side of the trade. No additions, subtractions or substitutions. Either trading team can switch to a new offer if they choose during that 48 hours.

I think we've probably had this rule in place for about 8 years and maybe twice has an owner switched to a counter offer. And both times there was a switch, the original trade was kind of lopsided.

With this, there isn't a lot of room to argue that a trade isn't even. If every other team in the league had a chance to see the parameters and still couldn't come up with a better offer, then by definition the trade is at market value.

And if collusion ever took place, you would have the added evidence of clearly better trades being turned down.

My preference is to just let all trades go through unless there is an accusation of collusion, and that's what I do in my other league I run. But for a league that decides avoiding strife between owners is more important, it's a good way to do it. Far better than paying Yahoo $15 a year for that.

'8ebok24 said:
'The Real Hipster Doofus said:
'8ebok24 said:
'Ignoratio Elenchi said:
9 year league, with some of my best friends. Mix of savvy/rookie/semi knowledgeable fans.
So a long time league full of close friends can't mangage itself and trust its owners to make trades without cheating and/or select a Commish strong enough to step in when there is truly collusion or something fishy going on?Pretty pathetic IMO. But apparently there is a market for this "service product" that Yahoo is offering. Unbelievable.

'glong989 said:
You know you can imagine that he's personally reviewing your trades without actually sending him $20, right?
Hopefully you knew I was joking. Good point though.

There are a lot better ways to handle trades for leagues that are friends and more worried about avoiding strife between the members than other concerns.

One that I use in a league of college buddies is that there is a 48 hour "counter offer" period after a trade is accepted. If a trade of Players A&B for Players C&D is accepted, notice goes out to the league. The other teams have 48 hours in which they can make an offer for the exact group of players/picks on either side of the trade. No additions, subtractions or substitutions. Either trading team can switch to a new offer if they choose during that 48 hours.

I think we've probably had this rule in place for about 8 years and maybe twice has an owner switched to a counter offer. And both times there was a switch, the original trade was kind of lopsided.

With this, there isn't a lot of room to argue that a trade isn't even. If every other team in the league had a chance to see the parameters and still couldn't come up with a better offer, then by definition the trade is at market value.

And if collusion ever took place, you would have the added evidence of clearly better trades being turned down.

My preference is to just let all trades go through unless there is an accusation of collusion, and that's what I do in my other league I run. But for a league that decides avoiding strife between owners is more important, it's a good way to do it. Far better than paying Yahoo $15 a year for that.
We have this same exact rule in my local league. It's an elegant and effective solution, and it's worked perfectly for us.

Why yes, I would like to purchase the extended warranty on this DVD player!

Good god, even the description of this product is awful. Then consider that the people doing it probably are incompetent and will spend a minute or two judging your trade according to some stupid player projections. Surely you don't think Yahoo gives a crap about the quality of this service or will monitor it in any way? They don't even care enough or know enough to have proper conditional waivers. This is just awful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread