What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yahoo Waiver Glitch (1 Viewer)

Kenny Powers

Footballguy
I recall people talking about a waiver glitch Yahoo had, but it was resolved last year as far as I know. Im looking at the FA pool right now, and appears to be showing the players who have bids on them as W (Sep 12), and everyone else shows up as a FA. We have a Tuesday WW, however I think the late MNF may have affected this since it still shows the "claimed" players as on waivers until the 12th, which is Wednesday, not now as in early Tuesday

Showing up as "Waiver Claimed" FA's in my leagues:

League 1: Ogletree, Sanchez, Hill, Antrel Rolle

League 2: Ogletree, Hill

League 3: Ogletree, Hill, Von Miller

I dont have higher than 6th in waiver priority so Im guessing I have no shot at Ogletree or Hill, but if I dont have to waste my waiver priority a guy like McCluster or a returning IDP like Mayo or Beason this gets interesting. I would assume a lot of other would be in a similar situation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone else see this going on in their league??

Also wondering if I try to pick up a "FA" right now if they immediately go to my team/bench or just get thrown into the waiver line. Havent pulled the trigger on that yet :unsure:

It's glitching right now. I'm allowed to add players, this is crazy. I cannot add most of the players people already have claims on though. Still, crazy.

EDIT: I just added McCluster in one league, Dwyer in another.

What do you mean by cant add "most" that have claims already??? As in some you can, some you cant??

I figured I couldnt immediately add those guys anyway, but was sure about guys without claims. Now that you said theyre free to add right now, Im FEASTING!!!!

What do you mean by cant add "most" that have claims already??? As in some you can, some you cant??

I figured I couldnt immediately add those guys anyway, but was sure about guys without claims. Now that you said theyre free to add right now, Im FEASTING!!!!
Sorry, I can't add any of the players that have claims already. I shouldn't have said most. In my one league, I can't believe no one made a claim on Dwyer, I dropped my kicker and snagged him right away. In my 10-team league, I dropped Russel Wilson for McCluster and I'd be going nuts right now but my bench is stacked. I was also able to have my choice at which DST I wanted for the week. It was between NE vs. ARI and CIN vs. CLE..I went with CIN. Dal @ SEA was also interesting. Yeah dude, I'm going nuts right now lol.EDIT: Wait, you may be able to add players that already have a claim on them. I don't know if I can do this though this is..extremely unethical.

EDIT: Yeah, you can't add players who already have a claim on them. Still, all in all this was definitely a glitch. This guy experienced the same thing.

I was just about to post, if I could based on my waiver priority, I definitely want Ogletree or Hill. Like I said in the OP though, I dont have good priority in any of my leagues, so Im suspecting I couldnt get them, but then again, this is the first year any of these leagues have had waivers, so it could be the sharks in the league who had a top pick.

I would agree adding a player with a claim is unethical, but I dont see how any of the commish's can overturn what Ive done so far because none of the players Ive added had claims made on them.

You can add players with claims?!?!
Can't. I'm happy we can't or else this would have been brought to a whole other level and the repercussions wouldn't have been worth it (all the #####ing and complaining). I did however definitely get a legit edge because of this and can simply plead ignorance. I would've made a claim on the guys I picked up regardless.

I was just about to post, if I could based on my waiver priority, I definitely want Ogletree or Hill. Like I said in the OP though, I dont have good priority in any of my leagues, so Im suspecting I couldnt get them, but then again, this is the first year any of these leagues have had waivers, so it could be the sharks in the league who had a top pick.I would agree adding a player with a claim is unethical, but I dont see how any of the commish's can overturn what Ive done so far because none of the players Ive added had claims made on them.
Yup, I'm in the same boat as you. I wouldn't have had a shot on any of the first eleven players claimed in two of my leagues. The other league I do on Yahoo is a FAAB system and nothing is glitching in that league from what I can tell. What a huge mistake on Yahoo's part though. Haha, we can't be the only two dudes who realized this.

Im assuming players who have claims in (for Sept 12th) you can still get if you do in fact have the highest priority though, correct??

Im assuming players who have claims in (for Sept 12th) you can still get if you do in fact have the highest priority though, correct??
I think if anyone else has a claim on them you cannot. I'm not sure though, maybe someone can test out the theory around here.
I phrased that poorly. I dont think anyone can answer what Im wondering, which is, come tomorrow, the 12th, will the players with claims go to the current highest claim (as of last night I guess)? or if I want that player and put in my claim now - and my priority is the highest - will I still get that player?Im guessing the latter, but I dont know

The waivers just returned to normal for me. Good heist, we got in and out within the small window of time. :thumbup:
Yep, locked up for me too. I wonder if this will be a weekly thing for Yahoo (early tuesday morning hours) where this same thing occurs.Come tomorrow morning though, I know there will be a lot of complaining about this in my leagues. It will be interesting if not argumentative, but none of these players had claims on them.

If you have waivers in place, I'm pretty sure everything should be locked down until the wee hours tomorrow morning - not just players with active claims.

You've basically gamed the system given that some teams might not even submit claims until today. Your commish should undo your "heist".

way to cheat. if waivers are supposed to run x way, and they dont b/c of a ####ty website (yahoo) any commish worth his salt will reverse all the 'grabs'. This is like thinking its o to shoplift b/ the gas station clerk is outside having a soke and didnt hear you come in.

way to cheat. if waivers are supposed to run x way, and they dont b/c of a ####ty website (yahoo) any commish worth his salt will reverse all the 'grabs'. This is like thinking its o to shoplift b/ the gas station clerk is outside having a soke and didnt hear you come in.
Seriously. Are people actually thinking that if a glitch allows them to get a player that somebody else should have gotten that it's cool to keep them?Yahoo has been a mess so far.

Seriously. Are people actually thinking that if a glitch allows them to get a player that somebody else should have gotten that it's cool to keep them?Yahoo has been a mess so far.
This wasnt what happened at all. All the players I listed in the OP, namely the 2 big WR free agents, that had claims in are still in the process of waivers. I simply picked up a few players who had no claims put in, meaning there is a good shot I could have picked them up tomorrow anyway because no one still would have put a claim in. Now sure, it was a lot safer to add them last night and not have to chance them making it through waivers, but I didnt steal any players from anyone.

I simply picked up a few players who had no claims put in, meaning there is a good shot I could have picked them up tomorrow anyway because no one still would have put a claim in. Now sure, it was a lot safer to add them last night and not have to chance them making it through waivers, but I didnt steal any players from anyone.
:rolleyes:

This wasnt what happened at all. All the players I listed in the OP, namely the 2 big WR free agents, that had claims in are still in the process of waivers. I simply picked up a few players who had no claims put in, meaning there is a good shot I could have picked them up tomorrow anyway because no one still would have put a claim in. Now sure, it was a lot safer to add them last night and not have to chance them making it through waivers, but I didnt steal any players from anyone.
I'm in a Yahoo league and the entire pool is still locked down. I could submit a claim this minute and it would be eligible to be processed this week. Unless you know for a fact that no one has any interest in those players (which you can't know obviously), you should have waited.

I'm in a Yahoo league and the entire pool is still locked down. I could submit a claim this minute and it would be eligible to be processed this week. Unless you know for a fact that no one has any interest in those players (which you can't know obviously), you should have waited.
It goes both ways, if someone else wanted a player bad enough, they should have put a claim in to be sure. Knowing I had low waiver priority and its very doubtful I get Hill or Ogletree, my plan for this week was to watch for waivers to be processed late at night and effectively be the 1st person to pick up the top 1-2 players leftover without wasting my priority. This glitch allowed me to do that a day early essentially, as IIRC Yahoo typically processes their waivers between 2-4am. Youre right, I dont know if someone was going to put in a claim for one of the players I added today, but its more likely they wouldnt have at this point considering none of them were obvious adds like Ogletree or Hill.Also, no one has made a complaint in any of the 3 leagues as of now and I picked up multiple players in each :shrug:

Yahoo screwed up this year. In my league waivers didn't lock until Thursday meaning Ogletree was added by a team as a free agent after the Wednesday game. Commish doesn't know what to do. Guy added him without bidding.

It goes both ways, if someone else wanted a player bad enough, they should have put a claim in to be sure. Knowing I had low waiver priority and its very doubtful I get Hill or Ogletree, my plan for this week was to watch for waivers to be processed late at night and effectively be the 1st person to pick up the top 1-2 players leftover without wasting my priority. This glitch allowed me to do that a day early essentially, as IIRC Yahoo typically processes their waivers between 2-4am. Youre right, I dont know if someone was going to put in a claim for one of the players I added today, but its more likely they wouldnt have at this point considering none of them were obvious adds like Ogletree or Hill.Also, no one has made a complaint in any of the 3 leagues as of now and I picked up multiple players in each :shrug:
FWIW, I always put my waiver claims in late on Tuesday, because I know they don't get processed until Tuesday night (I like to watch NFL GameRewind replays first before determining if a player is the real deal or not). I wouldn't even think to check to see if someone grabbed free agents last night because that's not the agreed upon waiver processing schedule. If I were the commissioner in your league, I would reverse your free agent pickups with no hesitation.

get this...

im in a yahoo money league where yahoo made this mistake and allowed firstcome/firstserve during the wed game. of course, someone added ogletree. now, the commish is saying wats done is done and move on, despite several owners saying wtf. so dumb. nowhere in the constitution does it say u can add players during games, but that doesn't seem to matter.

get this...im in a yahoo money league where yahoo made this mistake and allowed firstcome/firstserve during the wed game. of course, someone added ogletree. now, the commish is saying wats done is done and move on, despite several owners saying wtf. so dumb. nowhere in the constitution does it say u can add players during games, but that doesn't seem to matter.
They've added a setting where players get flipped to waivers as their games start rather than everyone flipping over at the start of the first game of the week. No idea if these settings are working as advertised but your commish should check it.

get this...im in a yahoo money league where yahoo made this mistake and allowed firstcome/firstserve during the wed game. of course, someone added ogletree. now, the commish is saying wats done is done and move on, despite several owners saying wtf. so dumb. nowhere in the constitution does it say u can add players during games, but that doesn't seem to matter.
They've added a setting where players get flipped to waivers as their games start rather than everyone flipping over at the start of the first game of the week. No idea if these settings are working as advertised but your commish should check it.
he has adjusted the settings for wk 2, but doesn;t seem to be concerned w/ the illegal ogletree add this wk. wtf.

Yeah this seems like a commissioner error. You need to set waivers to "Gametime to Tuesday". We have had no problems whatsoever.

he has adjusted the settings for wk 2, but doesn;t seem to be concerned w/ the illegal ogletree add this wk. wtf.
In a money league the Ogletree add should be reversed and if need be, waivers processed manually this week (everyone submits their claims to the commish by email and he processes the adds/drops).

The issue here that people have been exploiting for years is they can see who has waiver claims in on them. So if they do not have claims in place it allows the person who is up at 3 am to know if they too should burn a waiver claim or just pick that player up off the FA list. The players that do this are almost always at the head of the priority list because they never burn their waivers unless it's a huge get. There is zero way of policing this aspect of the exploit because the commissioner never knows that the cheating player is peaking through a window that is supposed to have it's shades drawn..

Someone picked up ogletree in the 3rd quarter of the first game and my commish refused to reverse the add/drop. weak

So, this error created a #### storm in both leagues. Apparently I wasn't the only one who realized this "glitch" and a bunch of players were preemptively scooped up on different teams. A couple of people even thought this was the normal waiver process :confused: , or that the process had changed due to the unusual Wednesday game. In my FAAB league, Ogletree and Bennett were scooped up post game yet no one has said #### about this yet (I may say something, but my head hurts from the first debacle). One side was arguing that everyone had the same opportunity to grab players during this hiccup (I think it was between 12-3AM EST), the other side stating the obvious. We all agreed return everything back to normal. All in all, no harm was done. Let this be a lesson to all of you...Yahoo can be janky at times.

'shnikies said:
'habsfan said:
'dehaven123 said:
Yeah this seems like a commissioner error. You need to set waivers to "Gametime to Tuesday". We have had no problems whatsoever.
Yeah, those are our settings and no problems with players being locked too early or too late

'Team ROFLCOPTERS said:
'Kenny Powers said:
The issue here that people have been exploiting for years is they can see who has waiver claims in on them. So if they do not have claims in place it allows the person who is up at 3 am to know if they too should burn a waiver claim or just pick that player up off the FA list. The players that do this are almost always at the head of the priority list because they never burn their waivers unless it's a huge get. There is zero way of policing this aspect of the exploit because the commissioner never knows that the cheating player is peaking through a window that is supposed to have it's shades drawn..
I didnt hear about this until last year, but it was something that AFAIK they fixed early-mid season last year. What happened last night I believe was something different all together, because anyone without a claim in was up for grabs.Whether the same thing happens next week is yet to be determined, but Ill definitely have my eye on it.

'SameSongNDance said:
So, this error created a #### storm in both leagues. Apparently I wasn't the only one who realized this "glitch" and a bunch of players were preemptively scooped up on different teams. A couple of people even thought this was the normal waiver process :confused: , or that the process had changed due to the unusual Wednesday game. In my FAAB league, Ogletree and Bennett were scooped up post game yet no one has said #### about this yet (I may say something, but my head hurts from the first debacle). One side was arguing that everyone had the same opportunity to grab players during this hiccup (I think it was between 12-3AM EST), the other side stating the obvious. We all agreed return everything back to normal. All in all, no harm was done. Let this be a lesson to all of you...Yahoo can be janky at times.
Im shocked there hasnt been a peep about this in any of my 3 leagues still at this point, I was the only one who picked any players up. This is the first year weve had waivers, and I was a big reason for the change because Id be following in-game injuries or bust out players during the games and would swoop many of them up before others even had a shot.I guess since I didnt get the obvious, high upside Hill or Ogletree is why no one is #####ing??

FA opens up at 12 am the day after waivers. All players claimed are locked up but everyone else is free to pick up. Been taking advantage of this for a couple of seasons now.

FA opens up at 12 am the day after waivers. All players claimed are locked up but everyone else is free to pick up. Been taking advantage of this for a couple of seasons now.
Which is essentially what happened last night, just a day early then, correct??I actually thought "Tuesday waivers" meant they wouldve been processed "Monday overnight", but that doesnt appear to be the case

'SameSongNDance said:
Im shocked there hasnt been a peep about this in any of my 3 leagues still at this point, I was the only one who picked any players up. This is the first year weve had waivers, and I was a big reason for the change because Id be following in-game injuries or bust out players during the games and would swoop many of them up before others even had a shot.I guess since I didnt get the obvious, high upside Hill or Ogletree is why no one is #####ing??
I guess McCluster is obvious. Someone else grabbed Hill, yeah. The third player grabbed DAL's DST.

I'm not sure what these means, maybe there's a time zone difference. They usually clear around 3-4AM (it varies) EST here on Tuesday. Then you can pickup whoever hasn't been claimed.

'SameSongNDance said:
I guess McCluster is obvious. Someone else grabbed Hill, yeah. The third player grabbed DAL's DST.
I picked up Dexter in 2 of the leagues.In the other league, someone picked him up on Saturday :unsure:

'SameSongNDance said:
I picked up Dexter in 2 of the leagues.In the other league, someone picked him up on Saturday :unsure:
Was the option to do this through-out Wed-Mon and I just realized at the last second?

They reversed the pickups in public leagues but I found a way around it for next time. If you put in a waiver and set it to drop the player you got by cheating then they are involved in a transaction and won't be dropped automatically. Cheating FTW!

'SameSongNDance said:
Was the option to do this through-out Wed-Mon and I just realized at the last second?
Not sure exactly what youre saying, but no. My league had FA's go on waivers as soon as their game started. Everyone was on waivers by midnight last night - or shouldve been, except this happened and everyone without a claim in became a FA.What I meant by the Saturday thing was that McCluster hadnt played at that point, and someone in that league just picked him up off pure...intuition??? He certainly wasnt on my radar.

Alright, I noticed a player in our league was able to pick up a player at 4:56am this morning and waivers processed at 5:26am. It also shows that the player was a FA, which it should not have been and I know that all players were locked. How does this happen? Here's a screenshot of where it happened with a red arrow pointing to the transaction.

http://oi48.tinypic.com/2mnouxj.jpg

I don't remember how that works, exactly, but I thought they released the pool around 1 am pst and it took them a couple hours to get all the waivers processed.

so, if there was a claim on that guy he wouldn't be available -- he'd still be on waivers while they process, but the rest of the unclaimed players are unlocked.

so, in the wee hours I think you can actually see which players have claims on them because those are the ones still locked.

I don't remember how that works, exactly, but I thought they released the pool around 1 am pst and it took them a couple hours to get all the waivers processed.so, if there was a claim on that guy he wouldn't be available -- he'd still be on waivers while they process, but the rest of the unclaimed players are unlocked.so, in the wee hours I think you can actually see which players have claims on them because those are the ones still locked.
Ok. I was just curious and will keep that in mind going forward.

I typically pick up players in my yahoo league before waivers are completely processed if I am up. You can't pick up any of the players dropped or any of the players claimed through the Tuesday waiver process but anyone who wasn't in those categories is a FA. I don't see this as a glitch, just when FA opens for the week (Right after waivers are accepted but before they are processed)

You also need to check back after waivers are processed, since not all locked players are added (backup claims are locked), and these guys aren't released until the waivers go through.

Yeah, I found out that all of the players who did not have a claim submitted were released as FA's about an hour or some before the waivers processed which explains why he was able to pick him up. I just wanted to make sure we didn't have any shenanigan's going on in the league.

So:

1. This happens about an hour before waiver run.

2. It does not apply to players who already have waiver claims applicable.

And, so that:

3. The key being "Right after waivers are accepted but before they are processed." I suppose what this means is that Yahoo really accepts the waiver claim an hour before they run, but you get a jump on any would be free agents but not anyone claims priority on.

Users who are viewing this thread