What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

You ever go through your FF league archives? (1 Viewer)

Darryl Talley

Footballguy
Yahoo logs archives of the leagues you renew.

It's funny reading the message boards and reviewing final rosters.

Seems like ancient times, or a make-believe world that never really happened.

I was boasting about picking up Ronald Curry on waivers one early September morning. RONALD CURRY.

I love that about fantasy. Do you have any fond recollections of one-game or half-season wonders?

Our site has 18 years archived. I just won my second championship (the other was 2007 - had Warner/Braylon in boom years, beat Brady/Moss owner in the finals). Some of my rosters have me SMH.

The funniest thing is reading spats on the message board. We all went to college together and there's a lot of history. Seems silly now but there have been some big dust ups. Only once did it result in someone quitting (and he was a newbie). A lot of us were fraternity brothers, but we fight like RL brothers. Then it's over and we go drink beer (or we used to).

Just going back to earlier this season. I remember after the draft, our commish was giving me a tough time for having Jordan Cameron as my only TE. I told him he would be a stud. Then, I talked trash to the league about picking up the Pats starting TE, Sudfeld. Man I felt like I just made the biggest FA pickup of all-time. Man that one worked out lol

I was just trying to find league archives on CBS but can't any more. Does anyone know how to reach them now? My league used to be on there.

I was boasting about picking up Ronald Curry on waivers one early September morning. RONALD CURRY.

I love that about fantasy. Do you have any fond recollections of one-game or half-season wonders?
WHO?

I find it really educational and humbling to look at old trades I (and others) have made. It's easy to be SO SURE about a guy...until you go back and look at all the forgotten busts you were SO SURE about.

I make sure to make time for this every offseason.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do routinely on MFL, seeing where I missed on draft picks, which guys I was impatient about, whether I drafted for need or BPA, drafting tendencies of other owners, trades that were made, trades that should/should not have been accepted...etc. Thus is the life of a multi-league dynasty player...

Our league started in 1993 - and did not go online until 2008. So we have online records only going back to 2008 - but I kept standings, top 10 game scores for each position, championship game results, toilet bowl game results, draft orders, etc. on a spreadsheet that was/is updated each year. Kind of cool to have records for the 20 year history of the league - wish I had kept draft results and rosters as well just to go back and reminesce...but that was too much work back in the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep a running record of our league that has been together since 2005. At the end of each year I look back at the drafts and send out a "If only we knew then what we know now" type of newsletter... Also fun to review where the owners ended up for each season..

The previous 4 years I've been 3rd, 2nd, 3rd, 2nd.. One of these years dang it..

ONE OF THESE YEARS!!! :rant:

;)

Well...

Relived the Westbrook "take a seat on the one" that lost me my championship. 9 years, 4 runner ups. It is getting personal at this point.

I find it really educational and humbling to look at old trades I (and others) have made. It's easy to be SO SURE about a guy...until you go back and look at all the forgotten busts you were SO SURE about.

I make sure to make time for this every offseason.
Same. I think it's important to scout other owners in your leagues to find their tendencies and weaknesses, but I think it's even more important to scout yourself, first.

Users who are viewing this thread