What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your favorite league (1 Viewer)

please specify what you mean.Favorite host site?Favorite scoring/lineup settings?Favorite game? Standard, salary cap, etc?
More specific - Most fantasy football owners have multiple leagues they play in but most have their "main league" What makes your favorite league so great. The draft party, specific rules etc. The more unique the better. Trying to make my league the best league possible.

I find redraft keeper leagues are my fav (particulary 3 year keeper, lose one round up each year you keep) , but I haven't tried dynasty yet.

My favorite is a league that is in its 18th season. I joined in year 2 when I got out of the Air Force. There are 4 original owners still in the league, 4 of us that joined in year two, and a handful of owners have rotated through the other four spots...although we have not had a new owner in 4 years. Myself, both of my brothers in law, and two high school friends - then the rest are just friends of that core group. IDP, PPR, redraft - and some wierd scoring rules which kept us from going to a website until 3 years ago. An absolute blast - lot of fun rivalries and draft day is a great chance to get everyone together - one guy drives 400 + miles one way to make the draft.

Probably have two that shore the honours.

First is a pretty simple PPR IDP dynasty league, 2 superflex positions, return yardage, very large roster (20 starters, 20 bench)

The other one is a bit more interesting. Cut throat, no bench league QB/RB/RB-WR/WR/WR-TE/TE/LB/LB/DL/DL/DB/DB

IDP score very highly in relation to O players which makes the draft very interesting and all over the place. Most positions score relatively equally, some owners try to load up on players that share a bye week, so for example in the draft they would target primarily New England/Philly/Giants/Buffalo players and for the most part they accept a loss for a week whilst ensuring they don't have to drop any players in other weeks. Most of the time it doesn't quite work out too well though.

For example in this league, I started 0-3, despite having a relatively okay scoring team, so had to take a 'risk' and dropped a more trusted QB for Newton, who I'll probably have to drop next week. My WR 2 slot last week was very weak, having Denarius Moore starting for upside, so took a risk and rolled with Miles Austin through his bye week despite being 1-3 to ensure I had that quality for the next week. Came away with a win thanks to Newton/Best/Clemons combo.

Just love the strategy options. This year was the first year we went to a 16 teamer with it, so FA is a bit less crazy than it was last year because there's slightly less quality on the bench, but in a 12 team league, waiver order is everything.

I find redraft keeper leagues are my fav (particulary 3 year keeper, lose one round up each year you keep) , but I haven't tried dynasty yet.
Do you think a 3 year dynasty league would be fun? You keep everyone for 3 years with rookie drafts and every 3 years blow it up and start over to keep things from getting stale.

I am in 5 leagues and what makes a league fun is the people you are in it with .The more active the league the better .I love smack talk working the trades and the waivers.And a good fair commish is key to a good league.And getting together for live drafts is icing on the cake. plus in one league we get together a few times a year. all my leagues are nice $$ leagues .But I don't play just for the $ I play to have fun and when the fun is gone Then so am I.

Dynasty league I joined last offseason run by a FBG member.

It was my first dynasty league ever, after playing redraft for about 10 years.

I was pretty much learning as I went, and took on a massive rebuild. Traded away my whole team for picks. Finished last year 2-11, but this year I am off to a 4-1 start and look like a good bet to make the playoffs. I get the most satisfaction from that league knowing that I had to build that team from the ground up.

I am in 5 leagues and what makes a league fun is the people you are in it with .The more active the league the better .I love smack talk working the trades and the waivers.And a good fair commish is key to a good league.And getting together for live drafts is icing on the cake. plus in one league we get together a few times a year. all my leagues are nice $$ leagues .But I don't play just for the $ I play to have fun and when the fun is gone Then so am I.
:goodposting: My favorite league is active and very active with league chat. At least 3 to 4 people on every single day of the year. It's all about having fun with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the weight of decisions that comes with dynasty ff. With a redraft if you trade away a stud it hurts for at most 14 weeks. In dynasty it can come back to haunt you for years.

My favourite league is a 16 team dynasty league with guys from the forum of my local soccer team.

I like the weight of decisions that comes with dynasty ff. With a redraft if you trade away a stud it hurts for at most 14 weeks. In dynasty it can come back to haunt you for years.My favourite league is a 16 team dynasty league with guys from the forum of my local soccer team.
This is a great point. Dynasty adds an element of the league being a neverending story that re-draft leagues cannot match IMO. My favorite league happens to be a quirky scoring system weighting TD's 0-9 yds = 6pts, 10-39 = 9 pts, 40-69 = 12 pts = 70+yds = 15 pts and whenever a player scores a TD unnatural to his position the TD pts are doubled (QB runs/rec, WR pass/run, RB pass/rec). All Team Def touchdowns are doubled. A 70 yd. INT taken to the house is 31 pts. This scoring has led to some crazy MNF finishes. It's an all-points league, there are no H2H matchups. Every pt you score is added to your total yearly score and in the playoffs and SB, you field whatever players on your team are still alive. So there's a high priority acquiring players from good NFL teams. I love the 21 week schedule in this league because when all other leagues are done, ours is just beginning the playoff push.Problem is, we've never found a site capable of hosting this so the commish created a third party site and still to this day does all of the scoring and record-keeping by hand. Far and away the funnest league I've ever played.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auction dynasty with salary/contracts 16 teams deep. No playoffs; we matchup the top teams in weeks 16 and 17, but the 17 game W/L % wins the league. This is our 17th year and my only league.

16-team redraft league that began in 1991 (as a 12-teamer, then expanded to 16 in '93). The interesting thing about this league is that while yardage scoring is standard, TD bonuses have always been small -- 2 pts. for a TD run or catch, 1 pt. for a TD pass. Somehow it just works. I don't think we've ever had a fluke champion, and the best teams always seem to come out on top.

Oh, and the other highly unconventional rule: There are no in-season player pickups. We have 22-man rosters, and there's an insane amount of trading.

It's all about the people, the rest is just details and you adjust your strategy with the rules.

I play in 3 leagues, which imo, is too many. Every week I have guys playing for me on one team that are goin against me in another. Definately takes away from the fun.

I'm prolly gonna go down to just one league. Its my 1st one, and its a bunch of trash talking buddies. 10 teamer, non-ppr, pretty standard scoring, blind bidding WW, shallow bench, competitive, decent chunk o change to win. We also do an NFL playoff thing where you can set any team you want each week, but only use each guy once. Very fun.

to each their own, but I like the 10 teamer with the blind bidding and shallow benches, because there is always decent talent on the WW, and the bidding gets pretty competitive. AND that money goes directly into the pot.

It seems like the 2 most common answers are good owners and dynasty rules. I think the best draft party possible will attract the best owners. While dynasty rules seem awesome to me most commissioners say it's hard to attract new owners with dynasty rules. Is this true? Anyone want to fight for re-draft rules?

P.S. We already have PPR/IDP and auction drafts but thanks for the input on those rules.

I have two.

My redraft has been going strong since 1996, back with Sandbox and moved to Yahoo. Nothing fancy, just a standard redraft league with friends from back home.

The other is a 32 team IDP dynasty league (players available twice). Been going since 2002, probably less than 1/4 are original owners. The large amount of teams helps keep it interesting. The challenge has been to remain consistently good while other teams rebuild.

I like the weight of decisions that comes with dynasty ff. With a redraft if you trade away a stud it hurts for at most 14 weeks. In dynasty it can come back to haunt you for years.My favourite league is a 16 team dynasty league with guys from the forum of my local soccer team.
This is a great point. Dynasty adds an element of the league being a neverending story that re-draft leagues cannot match IMO. My favorite league happens to be a quirky scoring system weighting TD's 0-9 yds = 6pts, 10-39 = 9 pts, 40-69 = 12 pts = 70+yds = 15 pts and whenever a player scores a TD unnatural to his position the TD pts are doubled (QB runs/rec, WR pass/run, RB pass/rec). All Team Def touchdowns are doubled. A 70 yd. INT taken to the house is 31 pts. This scoring has led to some crazy MNF finishes. It's an all-points league, there are no H2H matchups. Every pt you score is added to your total yearly score and in the playoffs and SB, you field whatever players on your team are still alive. So there's a high priority acquiring players from good NFL teams. I love the 21 week schedule in this league because when all other leagues are done, ours is just beginning the playoff push.Problem is, we've never found a site capable of hosting this so the commish created a third party site and still to this day does all of the scoring and record-keeping by hand. Far and away the funnest league I've ever played.
I hadn't heard of a scoring system that myfantasyleague.com couldn't support. Sounds pretty cool, aside from the all-points instead of H2H.

Users who are viewing this thread