What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your most Gluttonous feat? (1 Viewer)

I can't put a number on any "feat" but when I lived in Dallas, Fogo de Chau was repeatedly a place friends and I would enjoy, specifically the Picanha....

Picanha -- Prime Part of the Top Sirloin

Our signature steak, picanha represents the art and science of churrasco cooking. Lightly seasoned with rock salt and sliced thin, it is tender with a robust flavor. There would be no churrasco without picanha.

• Smile
Reactions: Ned
AAABatteries said:
Had 8 Chick-fil-a filets at their breakfast buffet - to go along with eggs, grits, bacon, potatoes.

THERE IS A CHICK-FIL-A BUFFET!?!?! 
Would totally smash with reckless abandon!

If you have easy access to both and wanna waste some $ in the name of gluttonous noms, get you 6 chick-fil-a sammichs (half original, half spicy), a large order of Red Lobster’s Cheddar Bay Biscuits.  Take it all home, remove sammich buns, use Cheddar Bay Biscuits in their place, #victory

Last edited by a moderator:
Wrigley said:
Hmmm, I thought this thread was going to be about eating feet 

ive got to get my eyes checked 
cue the video of that guy inhaling his chick's foot, that looked like a burrito,  at a stoplight in Florida

I can be pretty dangerous at Fogo De Chão.

One night we were there and ate an offensive amount of meat. Once it looked like we were tapped out, server came by and asked us if we wanted dessert. As soon as one person said yes, it snowballed into all of us getting something. 

Once done with dessert, server asks if there’s anything else we needed. 

That’s when we asked if we could get our discs back and go back to meat consumption.

Why did she say yes? 

mr. furley said:
40 oz. steak, baked potato and a salad at one of those "eat this plate in under an hour and get a gift certificate" places.

was sweating, gray and feeling like puking at the end.

held it in but didn't eat the next day+

never again
I did one of these too while I was in college. It's amazing how quickly steak can stop tasting delicious and start tasting like leather. The last 10 ounces or so were brutal, but I got it all down and felt a surge of accomplishment that actually overshadowed the stomach pain for a while. Then I realized it was a 90-minute car ride back to MSU, and that was brutal.

Not that impressive but in high school I remember doing $10 on the $ menu

4 Jr Bacon Cheese

2 McNuggets

2 Fries

Coke

Frosty

On a typical Sunday morning during football season back in my early 30's, I used to go to IHOP for breakfast before kickoff.  I'd go for their "Breakfast Sampler", which was 4 pancakes (I'd upgrade to chocolate chip pancakes), eggs, hashbrowns (I'd get double order instead of ham) and 8 sausages (instead of 4 sausage /  4 bacon).

Now, that's not all that impressive, but after the afternoon games were over and before the night game, I'd run and get Weinerschnitzel and kill a chili dog, chili cheeseburger, corn dog, fries and a huge Mtn. Dew.

That was usually a good belly day and Monday featured some interesting bathroom trips.

Henry Ford said:
Other shellfish conquests:

Six dozen raw oysters in one sitting.

Three dozen chargrilled oysters with the bread dipped in the sauce.

Nine and a half pounds of boiled crawfish (my wife ate a few from the ten pounds I got and then she ate all the potatoes.)
i hammered at least 4 dozen chargrilled oysters in NO, after the miracle raider win, a couple years ago.  i'd been drinking aaaaalllllll day and it was the first thing i ate that day.  i could not get enough of them.  the bread too!  the lady just kept laughing at me, when i'd order another dozen.

Two for me...

In college ate an entire Taco Bell Party Pack by myself.

I tried a self-induced challenge at an Orioles game when I was in my early 20's...I tried to eat one concession food item per inning for a whole game.

Inning 1 - Nachos

Inning 2 - Hotdog

Inning 3 - Boog Powel BBQ sammich

Inning 4 - Fries

Inning 5 - Crabcake Sandwich

Inning 6 - Tried to eat another BBQ sammich (bad idea...so good but too big)

Inning 7 - Ate some more fries and threw in the towel before finishing.

beer 30 said:
Similar, used to be an old chain in the Kent-Akron area, the Ground Round, that have all-you-can-eat wings on Tuesdays. We got into a pretty regular routine of getting the crew together and seeing if we could eat them out of wings. A lot of the guys I ran with played football at Kent State so we were some big boys. Best I ever put down was 90-95 but the winner every week usually went 130-150. They hated seeing us come in.
We had Ground Rounds here in CT with the same special.  The only issue was, they'd bring them out 10 at a time for each person.  The first 20-30 were cooked and sauced normally.  The rounds from 40 on gradually were less cooked and less sauced.  I cut the cord in the mid 60's when the wings were half raw.  Their way of saying "You've had enough, boys"

My buddy and I once spent over 6 hours in a Chesapeake Bay Seafood house.  They had a menu where if you ordered say Crab Legs for $14.99 it was all you could eat of that, plus all you could eat of lower priced items (Shrimp, Oysters, Fish, Clams, etc).  Some was spiced, some was fried.  They had great hushpuppies they'd try to fill you up with.  But we did literally eat for 5 of the 6 hours we were there.   The restaurant sadly no longer exists.  The racketed the prices up to about $16/meal for even normal items but big guys like me would come in and do major damage.  Drinks were included.  It wasn't a buffet.  They would keep bringing plate after plate to our table no matter what we asked for.   I'm sure it was DC area only.  I didn't eat for about 3 days after that.

I've also done 5 hours in a Captain George Seafood buffet.  Nonstop.

A couple years past high school, our area's big summer festival added an event they called the Great Pig Out, wherein teams of 6 would try to consume a six-foot Subway BMT (equivalent to 18 foot-longs due to the bread being about 8" across).

I rounded up 5 other guys from my softball team and dubbed us "Those Nocturnal Swine". We killed it in just under 5 minutes. Bread, meat, veggies, ALL of it. Defended our title the next 2 years (at some point they made it 8-person teams and we dropped our time under 4 minutes IIRC). FYI, for the bread, we basically employed the Kobayashi method (dunking in water) 18 years before his first appearance at the Nathan's contest. Pioneers, I tell ya.

They dropped the contest after our three-peat, but brought it back maybe 5 years later. We came back to defend, but were destroyed by a bunch of 300-lb 18YOs who happened to be the OL of one of the best area HS FB teams.

The town I grew up in had a KFC that had an all you can eat lunch and dinner buffet..... I think I put away at least 25 pieces of chicken, plus sides.

And I want to leave a . to read GMs story

40 oz. steak, baked potato and a salad at one of those "eat this plate in under an hour and get a gift certificate" places.

was sweating, gray and feeling like puking at the end.

held it in but didn't eat the next day+

never again
I’ve eaten way too much too many times like whole pizzas, but my worst was like this. I was down in South Africa for work right after college and my colleague and I went to a steak place (not high end, but not Sizzler). They had the two pounder in any cut so I had a two pound filet with French fries and a chocolate milkshake. It was actually good and got it all down but damn if my ### wasn’t breathing fire that night. 

There used to be a restaurant in Jacksonville in the 70's and 80's called the Sailmaker that had a great salad bar plus AYCE specials including prime rib. Each slab was about 8-10 ounces and it was really, really good. 

One night a buddy and I set out to destroy them. We smoked significant appetite stimulus and then plowed our way in. 

We ordered the prime rib special which included salad bar and bread along with a carafe of the house red to wash it down.

One round of fairly small salads and then the carnie feast began. We had each had 5 rounds of beef when we started to slow down. But we ordered round 6 and the waitress raised an eyebrow as if to indicate we were approaching no man's land. We managed the 6th plate of the juicy, medium rare, delectable, baked cow. 

We thought we had done well when that was it and we tossed in our blood soaked napkins and declared we'd had enough. I asked what the house record was, and she said she wasn't sure but she once had a customer who put down 13 slabs! 

I can’t top GM’s tale, but one night in high school after working my grocery store job I stopped at Sonic for a burger. Saw that they had a “Brown Bag Special” of 2 burgers, 2 fries, and 2 drinks for like 6 bucks.

Ate the first burger in the car, then drove home with the plan of eating all of the fries, and saving the other burger in the fridge for the next day (high school food planning.) 

By the time I got home, all the fries were gone, with a burger and drink left. Walked inside, sat in front of the TV, and finished off burger #2 and the other drink. Fell asleep watching Arsenio. 

I once got a dozen donuts from Krispy Kreme and ate all in less then 10 minutes. Probably had worse, but that always sticks in my mind

No wonder I have type II diabetes.

The only thing I can think of is chocolate ice cream.  I know I've eaten about a half gallon of it in one sitting.  I've finished off the the whole gallon in two days.  I love ice cream.

Too many to recall in college days, but just last Friday was visiting my parents and went to get food for the family (my family with 3 boys, my brothers family and his two boys and my parents). Did a run to In N Out and Chick Fil A as could not get a consensus and they are close to one another. Something joyful in hearing the In N Out employee have to holler out 17 meat down (followed by looks of horror from the other patrons as I was solo).

And as I had not eaten at all that day, I ended up consuming a Double-Double, 2 Spicy Chicken Sandwiches, Large Fries and a Chocolate Shake and still felt as if I could have ate more. I was not uncomfortably full and only had minimal shame.

Monday morning before flying back , breakfast for the family (including my nephews, so 5 boys between the ages of 7 and 14) consisted of 10 Chick Fil A breakfast burritos and a 40 pack party tray of the Chik N Mini breakfast biscuits. There were no left overs, and I only had a half burrito and 2 chik n minis. The consumption power of 5 growing boys is amazing and expensive.

Users who are viewing this thread