What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your offseason lock - Who (FA) goes where? (1 Viewer)

Just listing the free agents on my SF team
Henry to Baltimore
Ekeler to Philly
Barkley to Houston
Evans to KC (ok, this was just wishful thinking, switching to Washington)

Last edited:
Henry to Baltimore
Ekeler to Philly
Barkley to Houston
Evans to KC

Not that I don't want a guy to be an every down back, but Philly's history with RBs suggests they won't spend more than say $5-6M on the entire RB group. Which means you're probably looking at a bargain basement signing.

Henry to Baltimore
Ekeler to Philly
Barkley to Houston
Evans to KC

Not that I don't want a guy to be an every down back, but Philly's history with RBs suggests they won't spend more than say $5-6M on the entire RB group. Which means you're probably looking at a bargain basement signing.
Is Dobbins done, or does he have a chance to rebound?

Henry to Baltimore
Ekeler to Philly
Barkley to Houston
Evans to KC

That’s a fair point.
Pollard to Philly? Or is he still seen as better than that?
Singletary or Zack Moss?

Henry to Baltimore
Ekeler to Philly
Barkley to Houston
Evans to KC

If you're giving a single shred of hope on this guy staying healthy....

Henry to Baltimore
Ekeler to Philly
Barkley to Houston
Evans to KC

If you're giving a single shred of hope on this guy staying healthy....
Right now he's just an end-of-bench hold for now. So not expecting much, but sometimes we're too quick to write off guys because of injury history. I try not to ever factor that into future projections no matter how much he was hurt in the past. One exception is career ending injuries and Dobbins' last two were bad and a torn Achilles can be a career killer.

Include trades even, if you're about that life.... But state your claim as to who you think ends up where this offseason.

For me, it's quite simple... Saquon goes to Dallas.
I would LOVE this, as a Saquon owner. I have a feeling NY will tag him though.

My lock is Cinci tagging Higgins.

No locks for me but some predictions.

Chargers sign Gus Edwards and if not him then maybe Dobbins.

Staying with Baltimore it was already said Henry to Baltimore and I'll go with that as well since they almost traded for him and are more desperate now.

Ridley to the Titans.

Josh Jacobs to the Texans.

Mike Evans to Carolina.

Tony Pollard to the Eagles.

Barkely will reach UFA, get some offers he'll present back to the Giants and they will keep him. Sadly.

Some big names from the past that probably won't matter for fantasy but will at least get a thread bump.

Michael Thomas to Denver.

CEH to Buffalo.

Hunter Henry goes back to the Chargers.

Henry to Baltimore
Ekeler to Philly
Barkley to Houston
Evans to KC

That’s a fair point.
Pollard to Philly? Or is he still seen as better than that?
Singletary or Zack Moss?

My guess is Howie waits out the RB market. There are a ton of big-name guys who are UFA and there's a pretty good chance that someone will be available later in FA at a price that is way below what their initial ask was. That is the guy that Howie will go after on a 1-year "show me deal" at a discount.

Devante Adams to the Jets, trade for not much in return but clears the books for the Raiders as they rebuild their Offense including trading up for a QB in the Draft

Saquon Barkley to the Dallas Cowboys, this one seems easy. If not there then I would see him in Minnesota, nothing like him on the roster, won't reset RB market

Connor Williams will go up the road to Tampa Bay where they need to nail down the Center position and also need IOL, they have money to burn

Russ Wilson to Atlanta, they cannot keep going with Ridder...think the Bucs might also raise their hand here. Not a fan but he might be an upgrade over Baker and I doubt he is going to cost anywhere close to what he was making in Denver, that time is over.

None of the following skill position players switch teams:

QB=Kirk Cousins, Baker Mayfield, Ryan Tannehill (as a backup/insurance/mentor to Levis)

RB=Saquon Barkley, Josh Jacobs, Derrick Henry

WR=Tee Higgins, Michael Pittman, Mike Evans

TE=Dalton Schultz, Hunter Henry, Noah Fant

Hunter Henry to MIA
Fields to PIT (trade)
Higgins to CAR (franchise tag + trade)
Cousins stays in MIN
Mike Evans to DAL
Ridley stays in JAX
Derek Henry to the Ravens
:shrug:

Ridley stays in JAX

I read it costs JAX a second to keep him. I don't say this to contradict you, but in hopes that it might be a jump-off point for some opinions on whether he's worth an NFL Draft second.
maybe, but I don’t think he’s worth basically trading a 2nd and paying him. Don’t they also get a comp pick if they lose him?
As of right now the Jaguars owe the Falcons their 2024 third round pick. If they resign him before the new league year they owe them a second instead of a third. If they extend him after the new league year(March 13th I think), which means letting him hit UFA, they would not owe them anything additional then the third they already owe them.

I'm fuzzy on what happens if they tagged him, but from what I understand that option is being reserved for Josh Allen.

And yes I would think the Jags would get a comp pick back next year.

Ridley stays in JAX

I read it costs JAX a second to keep him. I don't say this to contradict you, but in hopes that it might be a jump-off point for some opinions on whether he's worth an NFL Draft second.
maybe, but I don’t think he’s worth basically trading a 2nd and paying him. Don’t they also get a comp pick if they lose him?
As of right now the Jaguars owe the Falcons their 2024 third round pick. If they resign him before the new league year they owe them a second instead of a third. If they extend him after the new league year(March 13th I think), which means letting him hit UFA, they would not owe them anything additional then the third they already owe them.

I'm fuzzy on what happens if they tagged him, but from what I understand that option is being reserved for Josh Allen.

And yes I would think the Jags would get a comp pick back next year.
Correct.

That it’s at worst a 2nd instead of a 3rd makes that a much more doable prospect

But at age 29, about to be 30, it’s fair to wonder what kind of contract they’re willing to extend.

Ridley may want a multi-year somewhere else - it’s likely to be his last payday.

I still think JAX is his most likely destination, but that’s just a gut call.

The average tag for RBs went up from 10 to 12.4 and owners are reportedly upset.
I take that to mean we spent years getting RBs salaries down and are not paying top dollar now.
Also most of the name backs are 27-29 and dangerously close to the cliff of their career.

Last year, no one wanted Dalvin Cook.
Saquan and Jacobs and Ekeler were not going to be paid....and then they were.

I think there's a real strong issue here that has to play out and personally it reminds me of a few years with a couple Seattle backs like Shaun and then Demarco Murray. The league will absolutely pull the rug out if they want to.

I think owners make other owners happy with incentive deals. No one seemed to mind Ekeler getting 3 mil in easily attainable incentives added.

Leonard Fournette has twice not been the darling of free agency and last year was brutal for him.

Kareem Hunt had an agent have him turn down offers and almost had nothing til the Browns needed him.

I think it's very touch n go with RBs and we may see a couple names flat out done because they wanted too much

Prediction- Cincy won't re-sign Higgins and...and if they tag him with plans to tag n trade, no one will take that offer.

He would eat up a lot of their available cap so they're really playing w fire.

I also very much think we're learning they do not like all the young backup WRs we thought they would.

I don't see the Chiefs paying big money for a receiver actually. Maybe a couple guys on one year deals that can actually catch the ball, but they just won a Super Bowl with that crap show of a group.

I think they sign Jones and some other defensive pieces to try and keep this elite defense back together for at least one more year.

At receiver they will draft someone I think and sign a couple new guys to fill that room since Toney and MVS won't be here. Sky Moore I think stays still since he knows the offense and at least can be a pawn to help move defenders.

I don't see the Chiefs paying big money for a receiver actually. Maybe a couple guys on one year deals that can actually catch the ball, but they just won a Super Bowl with that crap show of a group.

I think they sign Jones and some other defensive pieces to try and keep this elite defense back together for at least one more year.

At receiver they will draft someone I think and sign a couple new guys to fill that room since Toney and MVS won't be here. Sky Moore I think stays still since he knows the offense and at least can be a pawn to help move defenders.
What if Evans agreed to come at a "discount"?

I still don't see it unless the discount is major. This offense needs a guy but to me Evans has a ring. So he has no reason to chase one.

I still don't see it unless the discount is major. This offense needs a guy but to me Evans has a ring. So he has no reason to chase one.
I'm not going to go look it all up but I've read multiple reports that suggest you can't find a player more adverse to taking a discount then Evans. That he wants no part of that, bases his value on his pay(hard to argue with) and wants to be paid major money and is looking to be one of the highest paid WR's in the league.

This does not fit the Chiefs cost structure at all.

my three dynasty guys seem to have good shots at good landing places. I’ll say:

Saquon - Dallas
Henry - Baltimore
Ridley - KC 🙏🏼

Evans stays in TB was what I was going to post as my lock, but it seems like a popular take.

My gut said Evans to Chiefs was done. I recently changed my mind. Sounds like Evans wants to get paid. Chiefs ain't paying him. Got no problem with that Mr Evans. Go get your money. Obviously not a lock but my gut now says Bears pay him what he wants to pair him with Moore to set Caleb Williams up nicely.

Living just outside of Atlanta I think all local sports shows already have Fields as their week 1 starting QB. I agree.

Prediction- Cincy won't re-sign Higgins and...and if they tag him with plans to tag n trade, no one will take that offer.

I also very much think we're learning they do not like all the young backup WRs we thought they would.
They seem to like Iosivas quite a bit.

I could see them getting a couple of the lower tier guys to replace MVS & Toney.

Gabe Davis just feels like an Andy Reid guy. Willing blocker, good teammate, not a knucklehead. He’s the anti-Toney. And he’s likely inexpensive.

Skyy Moore has pretty well proven he isn’t an NFL WR. I’m skeptical they entrust him as a WR 2 or 3.

But overall I agree they are likely to not get a big name. Unless someone wants to chase a ring on a 1 or 2 year deal, which is certainly possible.

Living just outside of Atlanta I think all local sports shows already have Fields as their week 1 starting QB. I agree.
As a fields shareholder I wouldn’t mind it a bit. Fast indoor track, good defense, nice OL & surrounded with offensive weapons. That would be a great fit.

Last edited:
Agree with a lot of things I’ve seen in here so far. I’ll add:

Noah Fant- Washington
Curtis Samuel- KC (very price sensitive so it’s iffy but it’s a great fit)
Gabe Davis- Tampa (if they lose Evans)
Hollywood Brown or Ridley- New England (cap space and desperate for speed)

My big disagreement with most so far is I think Cousins leaves for Atlanta

Ultimately I expect most guys stay put, one way or another.

Last edited:

What makes you say that?
I had him last year and he didn't do my FF team much good

What makes you say that?
He filled in admirably for Higgins when the latter was hurt. With Browning throwing in his general direction, inaccurately.

He had a couple of nice moments - nothing spectacular for the FF stat line, but he wasn’t lost out there. Looked like he ran solid routes and got separation. He has size & decent speed.

IIRC he got more work than Charlie Jones, too.

Hard to expect much without Burrow, and as the 3rd option and again, I can’t emphasize enough, Browning throwing him the ball - but he didn’t fall on his face, either.

Also I’d read in the preseason that the team was high on him.

What makes you say that?
He filled in admirably for Higgins when the latter was hurt. With Browning throwing in his general direction, inaccurately.

He had a couple of nice moments - nothing spectacular for the FF stat line, but he wasn’t lost out there. Looked like he ran solid routes and got separation. He has size & decent speed.

Hard to expect much without Burrow, and as the 3rd option and again, I can’t emphasize enough, Browning throwing him the ball - but he didn’t fall on his face, either.

Interesting contrast. I don't remember it that way and just went to PFR and see why.
I too read he was favorable in camp and jumped on board but from my perspective he never had more than one catch per game despite each of their starters missing time.
He had a four and five catch game in the FF playoffs and I think I dropped him by then.

I went way younger at WR last year and had both U of Tennessee WRs and ...needed some production.

Jones I also had and may still on IR. He looked and played like a guy still recovering so (for dynasty) I think I just thought 2023 was a lost year.

What makes you say that?

I would also add that he is an Ivy League kid so you have to believe last year was more about development…kind of a big difference between playing the Ravens and Dartmouth…he ended the year doing some productive things and I would not be surprised if he gets some positive reviews once camp begins.

What makes you say that?

Seems a little harsh on Browning. The few games that I saw him play, he was excellent, so he passed my eye test. Just reviewed QB stats and Browning completed over 70% of his passes and had an 8.0 ypa. Only QBs with higher ypa were Purdy, Stroud and Tua, with Lamar Jackson equal to Browning’s 8.0.

Seems a little harsh on Browning. The few games that I saw him play, he was excellent, so he passed my eye test. Just reviewed QB stats and Browning completed over 70% of his passes and had an 8.0 ypa. Only QBs with higher ypa were Purdy, Stroud and Tua, with Lamar Jackson equal to Browning’s 8.0.
:yes: he doesn’t strike me as a long term starting caliber QB but a very good backup or bridge. (And I could easily be wrong). He does what he should.

I picked up Browning in a SF & started him a few times.

Stats don’t tell the whole picture. He came out on fire and was productive but extremely inconsistent.

And for all his positive FF numbers, his on-field play was not great.

I’m not at all “harsh” - he wasn’t an accurate QB overall. He looked like a backup who did yeoman’s work filling in for Burrow, but had as many bad moments as good.

• He had 12 TD in 7 starts. He also had 7 Ints.
• 70% completion looks better when you don’t look game by game to see that it’s bolstered by 2 games over 80%, but low yardage/volume output in one of those 2 games.
• he had 1 great game at JAX where he went 32/37 (86%) for 354/1, and rushed for another TD. I started him at SF that game & he helped to win me the week.
• he also had 5 games with under 20 completions. His % in those games was: 57.6%, 57.1%, 75%, 73.1%, and 75%.

Like I said - it’s a mixed bag. He had a 66.7% game where he was 28/42 with 1 TD & 3 Ints. So it’s fairly clear that the more they used him, the less reliable he was.

He didn’t go out and fall on his face, but the Bengals also tried not to lean on him too much. The games I watched he was up and down, save for the game at JAX where he looked like he could be a legit NFL starter. He had several other games where he looked like Jake Browning.

Competition % is a small part of playing QB.

And YPA had a lot to do with the run & gun style of play they called for him. Probably also had a lot to do with the whopping 25 sacks he took over an 8 game span (7 starts) including 6 against KC. Easy to have high YPA when it’s 2nd & 16 all the time. Comparing him to Purdy & LJax seems somewhat misguided in that light.

Worth noting, all those sacks were in his 7 starts. While the Bengals OL wasn’t great, it’s also fair to say he did not have great pocket awareness. Someone should tell him it’s ok to throw the ball away every now and then.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread