What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Your Preferred Method of Ingesting Marijuana (1 Viewer)

Have you ever drank the bong water?

• Yes

Votes: 10 10.2%
  • No

Votes: 88 89.8%

• Total voters

Jewell

Footballguy
Edible marijuana sales shattering sales projections in Colorado

DENVER - A one-month supply of marijuana edibles, gone in the first three days of January.

That's what the area's largest supplier of marijuana edibles is saying about the incredible demand for the product since recreational sales were legalized in Colorado on Jan. 1.

"We are working hard," said Joe Hodas, chief marketing officer for Dixie Elixirs and Edibles. "We like to call ourselves the future of cannabis."

There is so much demand for edibles right now, they limit customers to two edible products a day at recreational pot shops like LoDo Wellness at 16th St. and Wazee in downtown Denver.

"Actually demand's been huge," said Hodas. "And our employees have been just killing it working 'round the clock."

Dixie makes marijuana infused chocolates, mints, topical lotions and elixirs.

FULL
I've never purchased a mass produced edible weed product, but (back in the day) I made pot brownies and pot tea and have only one thing to say -- it f'n sucks.

Edible weed is as overrated as introducing food products into the bedroom. It sounds fun, but the fun only comes in the novelty, not the performance. My problem with the brownies and the tea is that it required a buttload of weed, and even after all that weed and time it didn't seem like it got me nearly as high as if I just pinched off a bit and smoked it.

Anybody have more positive experiences with edible weed or is it generally overrated?

The last question is because I used to be convinced that the bong water would get you extra high since the marijuana smoke was filtered through it. Since we were just going to be throwing the bong water away anyway... gulp, gulp.

Love the ganja but now I am afraid this is going to be like everything else in life when the mainstream is running and buying it. I can't wait to be lectured by someone who has been smoking for 3 months on the ins and outs of it all.

I have a glass bong nothing fancy but very solid and always cleans well. I own about 10 different glass pipes, many are intricate and I have one with a honeycomb blown into the hammer side facing out, it's my favorite and I bought in California over 10 years ago. Most of my glass was bought in SoCal.

I don't like to eat it, prefer to smoke it, love the taste.

I haven't had pot brownies or space cakes in years, but I remember it is a different type of high than smoking it. It takes longer for you to feel anything, but the high last longer once it kicks in. It's like a floaty body feeling. It didn't suck.

The last question is because I used to be convinced that the bong water would get you extra high since the marijuana smoke was filtered through it. Since we were just going to be throwing the bong water away anyway... gulp, gulp.
That's nasty. :yucky:

Smoke it. Joint style. Bowl or one-hitter saves money/weed/time...but nothing better than the old fashioned J.

Smoke it. Joint style. Bowl or one-hitter saves money/weed/time...but nothing better than the old fashioned J.
I love the art of rolling a good J. When well done it burns slower and gives me what I feel to be a better high. Perhaps that's just nostalgia for the old days.

Anyone use a vaporizer?
I have with friends. I see where it's better than smoking because it leaves no detectable scent and is more discreet, but there's something about the vaporizer experience that lacks for me. I like the scent of burning weed and the feeling of the warm weed going into my lungs as part of the experience, and I felt that was lacking with the vaporizer. I'm sure part of it is just resistance to change and the more I vaporized the more it's advantages would outweigh what i'm used to.

Rarely ever smoke if ever, but if I was it's a G-Pen... Anything else in 2014 is amateur hour.
Do you know what you're talking about or this a joke? The vapor cigs have to use a liquid involving butane which is then…I'm not gonna explain this further but people can figure out.

The reason these things are exploding and popping up everywhere(down here in Miami they are opening a new one every day it seems) is the black market ganja folks who have discovered a way to basically smoke in public and not get caught.

The WAX as it is widely called on the street is NOT the same as smoking the green directly. It's something that is man altered so I would avoid it if you can.

Last edited by a moderator:
Too much work rolling Js. I will do it when I am going somewhere and I just want it rolled and ready to go. Example would be an NFL tailgate where I don't want to deal with paraphernalia and can ditch the J quickly if need be.

Rarely ever smoke if ever, but if I was it's a G-Pen... Anything else in 2014 is amateur hour.
Do you know what you're talking about or this a joke? The vapor cigs have to use a liquid involving butane which is thenI'm not gonna explain this further but people can figure out. The reason these things are exploding and popping up everywhere(down here in Miami they are opening a new one every day it seems) is the black market ganja folks who have discovered a way to basically smoke in public and not get caught.

The WAX as it is widely called on the street is NOT the same as smoking the green directly. It's something that is man altered so I would avoid it if you can.
The wax is amazing... I took one pull and I was baked, it was great. Plus the ill effects to your lungs when smoking are awful.

Now, go on and tell me more about Joe Montana being equal to Curtis Painter.

Back in my twenties, on the weed tip, bongs were the best. Nice water delivery. Control your own portions. No worry about snuffing roaches or finishing stuff you don't really want to finish.

Edibles can result in out of control experiences, for some reason. And by out of control, I don't mean illegal or violent stuff. Just that constant release of potential paranoia that can color the drug and render it no fun. Though I have to admit, I ate some neat espresso/chocolate butter mj treats at a friend's bachelor party a little while back, and I was fine. Good times.

Don't really care for the drug anymore, though. Just a personal/age thing; probably like most members of this bored, apparently.

I usually prefer eating it but had a few bad experiences eating too much. Had to go to jury duty early morning so ate a little the night before to relax and maybe fall asleep early. Ended up eating too much and wound up walking the streets of my neighborhood for hours trying to calm down. It was like a bad trip. Ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep and was a mess at jury duty. I have a friend who's a master at edible dosing. Gives you the perfect amount for every occasion. Wish he was around that night.

Too much work rolling Js. I will do it when I am going somewhere and I just want it rolled and ready to go. Example would be an NFL tailgate where I don't want to deal with paraphernalia and can ditch the J quickly if need be.
I hear you on the hassle of rolling the J...I guess it's relative to the situation. I tend to spend most of my time at home. So when I get my monthly JAR of home-grown, I usually spend about an hour pre-rolling. Just so I have them ready.

A nice bowl is good to have. Saves your stash, and great for the "just want a hit-type moment"...

I guess it's hard to say...or I'm stoned. Or both. J or quality bowl is equal I guess. Depends on the quality your packing or rolling

Too much work to roll a doob? I can roll a beautiful J in less than a minute (grinding and rolling) Now, if we're talking an L, then I can see it taking a little time to properly prepare the dutch (I'm really meticulous with my dutches; don't like excess paper that might canoe)

Too much work to roll a doob? I can roll a beautiful J in less than a minute (grinding and rolling) Now, if we're talking an L, then I can see it taking a little time to properly prepare the dutch (I'm really meticulous with my dutches; don't like excess paper that might canoe)
Agreed once you figure it out it shouldn't take more than a minute or a minute and a half to put together a good one. Rolling joints is a lost art in America, it is good to hear that someone still practices the craft.

Agreed once you figure it out it shouldn't take more than a minute or a minute and a half to put together a good one. Rolling joints is a lost art in America, it is good to hear that someone still practices the craft.
So true. I hate most people's joints. Too loose and sloppy (where you're getting bits of green in your mouth) or too tight (to the point you can't even hit it)

You have no idea how lazy some of us are...

I usually prefer eating it but had a few bad experiences eating too much. Had to go to jury duty early morning so ate a little the night before to relax and maybe fall asleep early. Ended up eating too much and wound up walking the streets of my neighborhood for hours trying to calm down. It was like a bad trip. Ended up getting about 2 hours of sleep and was a mess at jury duty. I have a friend who's a master at edible dosing. Gives you the perfect amount for every occasion. Wish he was around that night.
I had this happen to me one night too. I was on a family weekend getaway and had a 7:00 AM tee time the next day.

I munched at about 10PM figuring it would relax me. About an hour later, nothing really happening. Then, all of a sudden, the next 9 hours were a train wreck. I got about the same amount of sleep you did. Walked around the outside of the hotel over and over again because I was getting claustrophobic being inside.

6:30AM I said goodbye to my wife (somewhat literally) and went to play golf. I was standing on the 8th tee box, when I finally took a deep breath and said 'thank god that's over'

It was an awful experience. I'm actually glad I only ate half of what I had, because I'd hate to think about what could have happened if I took the whole thing.

Anyone use a vaporizer?
Just bought this a few months ago.

It is AWESOME. WAY better than smoking. Its so ... clean and refreshing compared to smoke.
I bought a vape awhile back (the kind that sort of looks like an old transistor radio), and have been pretty disappointed with it. Nowhere near as good an effect. I do like the clean taste of vape, but I need twice as much to get half as high.

I don't smoke a ton (once or twice a week), but not "smoking" would be attractive in a keep-my-lungs-healthy aspect. Have you tried other vapes and found this one better?

I only pick some up once or twice a year. I go with a one-hitter. A hit or two is all I need. Smoking a whole joint would probably knock me out.

Buddy's got a Volcano. Much prefer that when it's around.

I don't smoke enough to justify the investment for myself. If I did, purchasing one would be a priority.

I haven't eaten it since college. Never did enough to have an informed opinion, but the few times I did, I absolutely hated it.

Back in the day, my buddy and I made some THC Tea using about a 1/4 ounce of thai bud. It was nasty tasting and we didn't feel anything after the first 10-15 minutes, so we decided to gulp down a bunch more (BIG MISTAKE). This was around 8 in the morning and we had a hardball game in an hour, and a slow pitch softball game (bar league) in the afternoon.

I don't remember much about the baseball game, but by the time we got to our softball game, I was almost comatose. All four limbs felt like they had lead in them and I was completely tongue tied. It felt like I was on five hits of acid.

Moral of the story...one and done on drinking it.

Anyone use a vaporizer?
Just bought this a few months ago.

It is AWESOME. WAY better than smoking. Its so ... clean and refreshing compared to smoke.
I bought a vape awhile back (the kind that sort of looks like an old transistor radio), and have been pretty disappointed with it. Nowhere near as good an effect. I do like the clean taste of vape, but I need twice as much to get half as high.

I don't smoke a ton (once or twice a week), but not "smoking" would be attractive in a keep-my-lungs-healthy aspect. Have you tried other vapes and found this one better?
I've not really tried other vaporizers. I once used an inflatable bag type one but don't remember how that worked. Other than that, this is the only vaporizer I've used.

I think this one is very effective. I haven't had any issues with it not working.

I don't like eating weed. It is much more difficult to control the dosage compared to smoking. Even with the more advanced preparation techniques companies are using today "single serving" dosages can still be inconsistent within and between products. Add to that the fact that an edible takes up to a hour to kick-in causing people to eat more because they don't feel it right away and you create a significantly increased likelihood of greening-out from edibles as opposed to smoking. And the duration of greening-out from eating is typically much longer than it is from smoking.

And as several people in here have attested greening-out sucks.

A joint to the head is my preferred way of smoking. I have mastered my rolling technique over the years and thoroghly enjoy the rolling process as much as the smoking.

I've got a nice metal grinder with a magnetic cap to start off the process. I add a little bit of tobbacco to each J and I am sure many here will have an issue with this. I do this for a slower, more even burn. Also, since I normally smoke solo, it keeps me from using too much nug in each J while still having enough content to roll I nice sized spliff.

Once the content is grinded down nicely, I roll up a lip-tip that I'll roll up with the J. You can use a small peice from the cigarette box or even a piece from the rolling paper pack. This is a must in every joint and even blunt. It will prevent the end from closing up due to saliva, allows you to smoke all the way to the tip, and allows for a solid pull every time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't do much any more so any at all works well, but when I was more involved how it was ingested depended on what you were looking for. Seems like the thc reached a level that there really never was a buzz from it, just a general continued sense of well being. You can improve digestion by drinking it in tea, breathing by inhaling a vapor, cure skin rashes with an alcohol rub,...all sorts of benefits besides just the buzz.

Love the ganja but now I am afraid this is going to be like everything else in life when the mainstream is running and buying it. I can't wait to be lectured by someone who has been smoking for 3 months on the ins and outs of it all.

I have a glass bong nothing fancy but very solid and always cleans well. I own about 10 different glass pipes, many are intricate and I have one with a honeycomb blown into the hammer side facing out, it's my favorite and I bought in California over 10 years ago. Most of my glass was bought in SoCal.
How do you flip out and go MOP on so many people when you smoke this much weed?

I had this happen to me one night too. I was on a family weekend getaway and had a 7:00 AM tee time the next day.

I munched at about 10PM figuring it would relax me. About an hour later, nothing really happening. Then, all of a sudden, the next 9 hours were a train wreck. I got about the same amount of sleep you did. Walked around the outside of the hotel over and over again because I was getting claustrophobic being inside.

6:30AM I said goodbye to my wife (somewhat literally) and went to play golf. I was standing on the 8th tee box, when I finally took a deep breath and said 'thank god that's over'

It was an awful experience. I'm actually glad I only ate half of what I had, because I'd hate to think about what could have happened if I took the whole thing.
:lol: Yep, that claustrophobic feeling sounds familiar. When you get to the point when you're going into the bathroom to splash cold water on your face every two minutes, you're usually in trouble.

The Colorado edibles are amazing and closing in on becoming my preferred method of ingestion.

However, if you "overdose" yourself on edibles, it can be quite a while before things return to normal. But, maybe that's just what you were looking for.

I was a master cookie/brownie baker in my time. Even though I don't partake anymore every year when I fly home I'm asked to make a batch of cookies. The key part is the making the thc infused butter. You need to get the butter hot enough to break down the weed but not burn it off. If done right you can really take a joints worth of weed and knock someone out for a day plus.

The Colorado edibles are amazing and closing in on becoming my preferred method of ingestion.

However, if you "overdose" yourself on edibles, it can be quite a while before things return to normal. But, maybe that's just what you were looking for.
They really are doing some amazing things with edibles in Colorado. There are some gourmet chocolatiers who are getting in the edible business and making THC-infused chocolate bars with high quality chocolate that are absolutely delicious. The sour gummy bear edibles taste even better than regular Sour Patch Kids.

I am currently in the process of designing a recipe for a THC-infused homebrewed beer, which is now legal in Colorado. I'm thinking of trying to do a dank, hoppy imperial red IPA that is infused with THC and dry-hopped with hops and their cousin ganja. I think a nice dose of dank, resinous hops combined with sweet caramel malts will really blend nicely with the taste of the marijuana infusion. It should be a fun experiment.

The taste is at least half of the experience for me. Glass bowl.
Agreed.Dumb question...Does the vaporizer change the taste and smell?
The one I use doesn't really change the smell. The taste is different because you aren't inhaling smoke. So its not as ... smoky. It tastes really clean. And it doesn't burn your lungs like smoke.
I think the difference in taste between vaping and smoking is pretty remarkable. With vaping, you can clearly distinguish between tasting notes of different strains (i.e., blueberry, lemon, tropical fruits, blue cheese, etc.) whereas the combustion of smoking tends to blur the flavor profiles quite a bit due to the overpowering smokiness.

They really are doing some amazing things with edibles in Colorado. There are some gourmet chocolatiers who are getting in the edible business and making THC-infused chocolate bars with high quality chocolate that are absolutely delicious. The sour gummy bear edibles taste even better than regular Sour Patch Kids.

I am currently in the process of designing a recipe for a THC-infused homebrewed beer, which is now legal in Colorado. I'm thinking of trying to do a dank, hoppy imperial red IPA that is infused with THC and dry-hopped with hops and their cousin ganja. I think a nice dose of dank, resinous hops combined with sweet caramel malts will really blend nicely with the taste of the marijuana infusion. It should be a fun experiment.
Awesome! If you need a taste testing guy, send a PM my way.

I want to grab a pot soda but they've been out the past three visits. Hopefully this afternoon is different. I'm getting a little sick of the "one edible per person" rule while the demand is so high. Just let me plop down $100 on edibles like when I need to refresh my bourbon collection.

They really are doing some amazing things with edibles in Colorado. There are some gourmet chocolatiers who are getting in the edible business and making THC-infused chocolate bars with high quality chocolate that are absolutely delicious. The sour gummy bear edibles taste even better than regular Sour Patch Kids.I am currently in the process of designing a recipe for a THC-infused homebrewed beer, which is now legal in Colorado. I'm thinking of trying to do a dank, hoppy imperial red IPA that is infused with THC and dry-hopped with hops and their cousin ganja. I think a nice dose of dank, resinous hops combined with sweet caramel malts will really blend nicely with the taste of the marijuana infusion. It should be a fun experiment.
Awesome! If you need a taste testing guy, send a PM my way.I want to grab a pot soda but they've been out the past three visits. Hopefully this afternoon is different. I'm getting a little sick of the "one edible per person" rule while the demand is so high. Just let me plop down $100 on edibles like when I need to refresh my bourbon collection.
I will definitely let you know when my experiment is complete. I'd love to get some feedback.

The pot sodas are quite strong and can definitely couch lock you for hours. I like them as a cure for brutal hangovers. I recommend getting a THC-infused root beer soda and then making a root beer float with some vanilla ice cream.

They really are doing some amazing things with edibles in Colorado. There are some gourmet chocolatiers who are getting in the edible business and making THC-infused chocolate bars with high quality chocolate that are absolutely delicious. The sour gummy bear edibles taste even better than regular Sour Patch Kids.I am currently in the process of designing a recipe for a THC-infused homebrewed beer, which is now legal in Colorado. I'm thinking of trying to do a dank, hoppy imperial red IPA that is infused with THC and dry-hopped with hops and their cousin ganja. I think a nice dose of dank, resinous hops combined with sweet caramel malts will really blend nicely with the taste of the marijuana infusion. It should be a fun experiment.
Awesome! If you need a taste testing guy, send a PM my way.I want to grab a pot soda but they've been out the past three visits. Hopefully this afternoon is different. I'm getting a little sick of the "one edible per person" rule while the demand is so high. Just let me plop down $100 on edibles like when I need to refresh my bourbon collection.
I will definitely let you know when my experiment is complete. I'd love to get some feedback.

The pot sodas are quite strong and can definitely couch lock you for hours. I like them as a cure for brutal hangovers. I recommend getting a THC-infused root beer soda and then making a root beer float with some vanilla ice cream.
Illinois sucks

:kicksrock:

Users who are viewing this thread