What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yuck (1 Viewer)

Have to agree.  Watched allll day yesterday too.   Starting with that Thursday night debacle...it was some ugly stuff.

Have to admit I LOVED watching Rodgers get pounded into the ground a few times, AND the Packers getting some calls against them at meaningful times instead of the other way around as it always seems.

Its an embarrassment. To be honest, lots of bad coaching and officiating as well. 

When is the league going to start publicly reprimanding their officials who make bad calls. Their job is to know the rules and not make bad calls and if you have power of ear pieces and replay, not one single bad call should be made. Not. A. One. 

How do professional referees with training and looking right at the play call that Bennett pick yesterday? How? I promise, I am not a Packers fan and am a Falcons fan. But that was awful. Dudes from the booth questioned it as if happened, but after a discussion paid professions said, "Yup, thats a penalty." No, that ref needs to be reprimanded and I need to know he was reprimanded. 

League NEEDS to figure out what a catch is, if they looked at that Parker catch in the Miami game and still called it incomplete with a confirm after replay, issues will never be resolved. Two feet down, catch. Period, make that the rule be done, enough with the "football move" interpretation. because 3 steps with the ball is not a football  move I learned yesterday. Absurd if you are wanting me to take the game seriously when the rule dont. Stop leaving it up to old people who are already bad at their job to interpret catches. Let the rule book do it with a clear black and white. Kinda like when they removed the refs interpretation on out of bounds receptions, two feet in or no catch. Now, two feet down with ball, catch. Anything else, wont matter, because it is a even rule with no interpretation. 

That Cowboys offensive play calling should also cost people their jobs. In an industry based off talent, if you lack the talent, get someone else. Which begs the question, how is Linehan even employed by any football team let alone an NFL one? IfI was Zeke, no joke I would have laid down after the pick instead of stand and then said if you all are not going to take your play calling seriously, I wont take the plays seriously. Not really as that would be jerkish, but the coaches are paid to do a job too. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Have to agree.  Watched allll day yesterday too.   Starting with that Thursday night debacle...it was some ugly stuff.

Have to admit I LOVED watching Rodgers get pounded into the ground a few times, AND the Packers getting some calls against them at meaningful times instead of the other way around as it always seems.
:X :rolleyes: Stay classy. 

Packers - Falcons is NFL football. Not sure what Seahawks-49ers, Bills-Panthers, Cards-Colts, every Thursday game is but it's not NFL football.

The product the NFL is trotting out on the field is an embarrassment to sports.

Stop watching.
Because that would change the bad football being played, to good football?

I guess if you dont want to watch bad football, you can, but I dont think your response is realistic or reasonable.

ponchsox said:
Some people are claiming Zeke quit on his team yesterday. 
One of those "some people" was LaDanian Tomlinson, who really read him the riot act on his nfln show last night.  Basically called him out and said he was an embarrassment to the number 21 !

Mavis said:
Because that would change the bad football being played, to good football?

I guess if you dont want to watch bad football, you can, but I dont think your response is realistic or reasonable.
It's entertainment. If you're not entertained why keep watching?

It's entertainment. If you're not entertained why keep watching?
But thats not what the discussion is, its bad football being played in the NFL. 

Also, dont like what the discussion is, dont click the link. If you dont like the topic, why keep commenting? 

One of those "some people" was LaDanian Tomlinson, who really read him the riot act on his nfln show last night.  Basically called him out and said he was an embarrassment to the number 21 !
I remember a certain player for the Chargers who wore 21 who quit on his team once. 

I dont want any stud RB chasing down a tackle at all. 

One of the reasons college football is so enjoyable to watch is the element it's played in.  The quality of the football is college level - so while we do see lower quality football during the early part of the NFL season, I think the problem the NFL has is it's overall 'over-production'.

Last night - Falcons opened up a $1.6B stadium.  Second half kick-off there were more empty seats than filled ones.  Whether it's folks getting concessions, exploring a new venue, or getting a jump on traffic...the fact is the stadium experience is no longer common man fan-friendly.  And it lends to a 'sleepier' TV experience.

It's a deal the NFL started making with the devil 15-20 years ago. 

But thats not what the discussion is, its bad football being played in the NFL. 

Also, dont like what the discussion is, dont click the link. If you dont like the topic, why keep commenting? 
I love the topic. We get iterations of it every year (week) and it's always entertaining.

I love the topic. We get iterations of it every year (week) and it's always entertaining.
Exactly, bad football always kicks off the year just seems this year it especially bad. Look at the number of studs under performing, not injuries this year as much as under performance.

Seems the past few years injuries were thru the roof already, but now, seems like inept play.

BTW, when people have fantasy teams, they are not going to stop cheering for their players because of bad play, meaning they wont stop watching their players.  Most wont at least...I believe. 

Users who are viewing this thread