What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zach Miller (OAK) (1 Viewer)

Ping Pong

Footballguy
I was just curious what everyone thought about Zach Miller (OAK). He came into the season as a trendy TE sleeper pick, but started off the season slow and the hype train lost a lot of steam. However, with the promotion of Bruce Gradkowski, Miller caught his season high of 64 yards and his first TD. Is this a sign of things to come? Can Zach Miller live up to his preseason hype and finish in the top 10 (or top 5) of TEs? Or is the emergence of Run DMC and Louis Murphy going to take targets away from Miller, meaning that his week 3 performance was a fluke?

I'm of the opinion that Gradkowski has always injected some life into the Raiders passing game, and him being the starter can only mean good things for Miller. The emergence of a running game and another aerial threat in Murphy should also help, but there's too many talented tight ends for Miller to crack the top 5. I'd say bottom of the top 10 is a good probability.

I agree that Gradkowski will help, but you say bottom of the top 10 is a good possibility and that's pretty much what people expected from him before the season started I think. So basically he is what we thought he was. If you were expecting a breakout season, you're probably disappointed with him.

He's not going to win you any weekly matchups with a huge game, but he won't lose you any either. From a fantasy standpoint, he's solid but unspectacular. FWIW, I'm starting Aaaron Hernandez over him going forward.

I still like Miller going forward. He should be solid and produce low end TE #1 numbers.

I do temper the preseason optimism as it appears that Raider WR's are targeted early and often and that cuts into Miller's targets. But the good thing about that is as the Oakland WR's get more active, Miller's targets will increase and in his catches will be in space. I think his outlook is more TD's and slightly fewer catches. His connection with Gradkowski is a good one that goes back to last year. A lot of trust there.

Still a "start with confidence" guy.

Solid, but I don't think he is a "start with confidence guy", heck, only two or three TE's are in today's NFL...I think he ends up in the #8-14 range at the TE position at the end of the year, meaning he is worth a roster spot, and he will have three or four 70+ yard, 1-2TD games, but the #5-15 TE's will not be seperated by much, but if I'm going to roll the dice? I'd be happy with Miller...

start with consistency. gradkowski will make this offense go and he is a key cog expecially in the red zone.

THis guy woulda been a top 5 possibility if he had a real qb last year.

Solid, but I don't think he is a "start with confidence guy", heck, only two or three TE's are in today's NFL...I think he ends up in the #8-14 range at the TE position at the end of the year, meaning he is worth a roster spot, and he will have three or four 70+ yard, 1-2TD games, but the #5-15 TE's will not be seperated by much, but if I'm going to roll the dice? I'd be happy with Miller...
Well, it depends on what you consider a "start with confidence" guy. I mean your standards, only Gates, Clark, and Finley qualify. But he gives as much upside as any TE outside of this group and is physically just as talented.

I think his stock has dropped, if only due to the emergence of Murphy and, to a lesser degree, Heyward-Bey. In the past few years, Miller has been the only pass-catching threat, and now he has some company. Plus, this is not a team that airs the ball out a ton, so the opportunities are more limited than more pass-friendly offenses.

Users who are viewing this thread