What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zambrano ejection (1 Viewer)

boubucarow

Footballguy
Was it just my perception or did the umpire initiate contact in stepping into Zambrano and when contact was made, Zambrano brushed him off his shoulder?

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's not one mential midget (Bradley) it's the other.

As for the contact.....ump initiated, but Z pushed him off once he was touched.

The player was safe. Zambrano overreacted and he did push off the ump. However, I have seen a few instances when the umpires are really beginning to become too full of themselves. The ump here stepped towards the player after the player stepped away. In the game two days ago, the umpire removed his mask and showed up Ryan Dempster who was complaining from the mound.

The player was safe. Zambrano overreacted and he did push off the ump. However, I have seen a few instances when the umpires are really beginning to become too full of themselves. The ump here stepped towards the player after the player stepped away. In the game two days ago, the umpire removed his mask and showed up Ryan Dempster who was complaining from the mound.
still shouldnt be complaining at all really...

Notorious T.R.E. said:
Limp Ditka said:
If it's not one mential midget (Bradley) it's the other.As for the contact.....ump initiated, but Z pushed him off once he was touched.
GB mential midgets.
Tre Hi> :shock:I love when he went all Tre Smash in the dugout

I like this part:

Zambrano kept arguing, even after Piniella and coach Larry Rothschild separated him from Carlson. Z was about 15 feet from home plate when he heaved the ball toward the left-field bleachers, only making it to the warning track.

"I was kind of disappointed," Chicago's Reed Johnson(notes) said. "I thought it was going to go up into the stands, but the wind was blowing in today."

I don't know if I would be embarrassed for my team as a fellow Cub watching that or if I would be too busy giggling.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heard on Mike and Mike this a.m. that this is a bad thing for the Cubs right now, potentially losing Zambrano. I disagree. When I saw Pinella laughing - genuinely laughing - after the game I thought this was EXACTLY what the Cubs needed. A break. Yeah missing the start won't help, but maybe Pinella got someone to let off some steam that wasn't him and take some of the pressure off the team. I like it. I look for the team to relax and start paying markedly better.

Users who are viewing this thread