What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ZEKE SUSPENDED 6 GAMES BY NFL (1 Viewer)

Adam Schefter‏ Verified account @AdamSchefter  6m6 minutes ago

Cowboys' owner Jerry Jones is said to be furious with NFL decision, per one source. Furious.

What makes this terrible for Zeke, is that the event happened after he was drafted. So even though the reg season or camp did not begin, he was under NFLPA policy.

What makes this terrible for Zeke, is that the event happened after he was drafted. So even though the reg season or camp did not begin, he was under NFLPA policy.

That's what makes this terrible?  Not that he allegedly beat up on a woman multiple times?  He could have avoided suspension pretty simply.

Didn't read it yet but they just said on the radio if he has another violation he could be facing banishment.

So the NFL has some serious dirt on him.

Last edited by a moderator:
That's what makes this terrible?  Not that he allegedly beat up on a woman multiple times?  He could have avoided suspension pretty simply.
This is the optimal spin anyone can do. This is a football discussion, discussing what is terrible for zeke in football is not mutually exclusive to condoning abuse. 

I am talking strictly football, but that was clear...however, you already know my take on men and their abuse of women if you read my political views as you have.

So lets stop this charade please. 

Didn't read it yet but they just said on the radio if he has another violation he could be facing banishment.

So the NFL has some serious dirt on him.
Is that even possible? Yeah, I am guessing they have some photos and video thats damning on her phone. 

Not sure of the timing, but had he signed his contract?  Would seem if he had not yet been under contract, he wouldn't be subject to NFLPA policy (but hasn't the NFL disciplined players for stuff that occurred before they got to the NFL before?)

Not sure of the timing, but had he signed his contract?  Would seem if he had not yet been under contract, he wouldn't be subject to NFLPA policy (but hasn't the NFL disciplined players for stuff that occurred before they got to the NFL before?)
My understanding is once you enter the "NFL draft" you are subject to their policies. 

Brady got 4 for a lb of missing air that was not completely proven. 6 seems about right.  Will probably be knocked down to 4 when all is said and done.

Goodell vs Kraft.  Now Goodell vs Jones. Taking on the heavyweights.

mike freeman‏Verified account @mikefreemanNFL  29m29 minutes ago

More

Source in text to me: "Jerry Jones is as angry as I've ever seen him."

:popcorn:

From Ian Rapoport --

"The NFL informed Ezekiel Elliott that "any additional violations" of the personal conduct policy "may result in your suspension or potential banishment."
It's a strong statement from the league after it discovered "substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that Elliott engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions" in July 2016. Elliott has continued to put himself in the wrong places at the wrong times since then and is walking a dangerous path if he doesn't get his act together. Any subsequent violation will likely event in a yearlong or indefinite suspension."

Brady got 4 for a lb of missing air that was not completely proven. 6 seems about right.  Will probably be knocked down to 4 when all is said and done.

Goodell vs Kraft.  Now Goodell vs Jones. Taking on the heavyweights.
The Cowboys should have draft picks taken away because it is more probable than not that Jerry Jones was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of Zeke violating the domestic violence league rules.

I'm just following the same Wells Report logic used for the Patriots:

“it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.”

As a guy holding Alfred Morris simply because I hadn't gotten around to cutting him, it seems I should be talking to the zeke owner, huh?

http://deadspin.com/witness-claims-ezekiel-elliotts-girlfriend-asked-her-to-1786320742

How did we go from her asking people to lie for her and texting him she was going to ruin his career...... to now reports of multiple instances and suspension ? 

No charges or anything but a suspension ? ...with evidence that she was lying.....  :wall:

Very confused 
While true there were ultimately no criminal charges, if I recall correctly, even the prosecutor believed that domestic violence had occurred, but he felt it might be difficult to prove in criminal court.  Texting your alleged attacker that you are going to ruin his career (for what he did to her) doesn't seem to me to be especially compelling evidence against the act occurring.

The reality is that there do not need to be any criminal charges for the League to take disciplinary action.  Credible evidence (reportedly substantial and convincing evidence) obviously convinced investigators and an expert team of advisors that Elliott had engaged in physical violence against his accuser.  Six games is the baseline suspension for domestic violence.  That does not mean that it can not be shortened upon appeal, and an appeal may be coming.  The League has been criticized for not being consistent in doling out suspensions, yet this is a case where they adhered strictly to their policy.  It would not be surprising at all if the six game suspension sticks.

The Cowboys should have draft picks taken away because it is more probable than not that Jerry Jones was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of Zeke violating the domestic violence league rules.

“it is more probable than not that Tom Brady (the quarterback for the Patriots) was at least generally aware of the inappropriate activities of McNally and Jastremski involving the release of air from Patriots game balls.”
But did Zeke destroy his cell phone to hide evidence from the league? :P

On a positive note for Elliott owners, there is precedent for his suspension being reduced on appeal.  A 2015 10 game suspension handed out to Greg Hardy (for domestic violence) was reduced to 4 games on appeal.

Jerry vs Goodell should be entertaining.  

Why does Goodell punish Marijuana offenses more than domestic violence?
"Robert? Hi this is Jerry. Look you've been pretty successful in dealing with that Goodell d-bag. If you have a few minutes I'd be interested in picking your brain."

But did Zeke destroy his cell phone to hide evidence from the league? :P
http://www.stradleylaw.com/deflategate-legal-questions/

"I don’t know. Brady destroying his phone looks really bad for him.

Perhaps from a PR perspective. Looks like more of a “bright shiny object” distraction or sort of a “skunk in the jury box” of public opinion.

It’s odd that the NFL is basing any of their disciplinary ruling on this given that at the time of the Wells Report, Ted Wells said he never was interested in the physical phone. And that he was willing to take Brady and Yee’s word about whether there were responsive documents contained in it."

Btw, Jerry Jones uses burner flip phones like Walter White in Breaking Bad.  :P   Jerry probably would suddenly "lose" his, if Goodell came asking for it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/tech/social-media/apparently-this-matters-jerry-jones-billionaire-flip-phone/index.html

http://www.stradleylaw.com/deflategate-legal-questions/

"I don’t know. Brady destroying his phone looks really bad for him.

Perhaps from a PR perspective. Looks like more of a “bright shiny object” distraction or sort of a “skunk in the jury box” of public opinion.

It’s odd that the NFL is basing any of their disciplinary ruling on this given that at the time of the Wells Report, Ted Wells said he never was interested in the physical phone. And that he was willing to take Brady and Yee’s word about whether there were responsive documents contained in it."

Btw, Jerry Jones uses burner flip phones like Walter White in Breaking Bad.  :P   Jerry probably would suddenly "lose" his, if Goodell came asking for it.

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/11/tech/social-media/apparently-this-matters-jerry-jones-billionaire-flip-phone/index.html
Dude, it was a joke. 

Brady got suspended, your team lost a draft pick, your team got fined, your team won the Super Bowl.  Maybe let it go?

Nice of Roger to wait until after Jerry got his gold jacket to make his head explode.   Would love to know how Jerry's speech would have gone if the suspension came down last Friday...

so actually implications, he falls to  a mid-late  second rounder at 6 games? and  a late first early second at 4 games?

Now he knows how Bob Kraft felt.  2017 Deflategate.  NFL front office is nothing but a mouthpiece for NFL owner's club grudge matches.

so actually implications, he falls to  a mid-late  second rounder at 6 games? and  a late first early second at 4 games?
A person could conceivably take DJ or Bell in the early 1st, get Elliot at the 2/3 turn and then dominate the 2nd half of the fantasy season.  Just got to keep your head above water those first 6 games. 

A person could conceivably take DJ or Bell in the early 1st, get Elliot at the 2/3 turn and then dominate the 2nd half of the fantasy season.  Just got to keep your head above water those first 6 games. 
this is something I will attempt in at least one of my leagues.

this is something I will attempt in at least one of my leagues.
I'm going to give it a go in my auction league.  I know about what the top guys go for, and I usually land one of them.  We'll see how expensive Elliot is.  McFadden should be cheap enough. 

Totally agree.  Live here in the Metroplex and it has been total denial by the front office and most of the media

That's a ####ty realization for those of us drafting in the 11th spot. 

Should be a year..........!  Jerry ($$$$$$) will get it reduced.  What was the RB from the Ravens,  where is he now......!  Same for this  #####@@@@

Should be a year..........!  Jerry ($$$$$$) will get it reduced.  What was the RB from the Ravens,  where is he now......!  Same for this  #####@@@@
:thumbup:

It is a cowardly act to hit a woman, and I have exactly zero sympathy for Elliott.  There is a victim, but it is not Ezekiel Elliott or Jerry Jones.

Elliott appears on a fast track out of the NFL.  I hope for his sake and his team's sake, he turns his life around.

Users who are viewing this thread