What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Xavier Adibi (1 Viewer)

LucaBrasi

Footballguy
Any thoughts on Xavier Adibi as a dynasty player?

I've been offered a deal in which I'm looking for the final piece of the puzzle to complete and want to know if Adibi would be adequate compensation for a 2010 2nd round pick in a 32 team dynasty league.

I've seen him listed as starting WLB for the Texans, but with Zac Diles also in the mix. Any Houston fans out there got a gut feeling on him long term?

All signs point to DeMeco Ryans and Brian Cushing playing on passing downs. If not on opening weekend, then by midseason or 2010 at the absolute latest.

He may have some value in deep dynasty leagues, as I expect him to win a starting job, but he'll have trouble ever cracking the 75 solo tackle mark consistently and I wouldn't expect many big plays.

Any thoughts on Xavier Adibi as a dynasty player?

I've been offered a deal in which I'm looking for the final piece of the puzzle to complete and want to know if Adibi would be adequate compensation for a 2010 2nd round pick in a 32 team dynasty league.

I've seen him listed as starting WLB for the Texans, but with Zac Diles also in the mix. Any Houston fans out there got a gut feeling on him long term?
Depends on your starting requirements. If you start 4 LBs, like we do in our 32 team league, then Adibi is way more valuable than a 2nd round pick, which (and you know your team) could range from the 30s to 60s.

Because he is more athletic, I believe that the Texans want Adibi to win the job and be the long-term answer at WLB. The fantasy question will be how much production does that mean. The Texans are supposedly having a more aggressive defense, but early hints (won't know until we actually see them in August/September) are that they will be a package or wave defense with the Diles/Adibi loser getting decent time anyway.

Does this change his projections (which are quite low)?

KFFL) Brooke Bentley, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans LB Xavier Adibi said he believes the new defense defensive coordinator Frank Bush has brought is better suited for his skills. "That suits my game a whole lot. That's how I was in college, and that's the way our defense was in college. We are going to be an eight-man front and force the offense to do what we want them to do, which is go through the air. Then, we can just pin our ears back and blitz and do what we do best," Adibi said.

Does this change his projections (which are quite low)?KFFL) Brooke Bentley, of HoustonTexans.com, reports Houston Texans LB Xavier Adibi said he believes the new defense defensive coordinator Frank Bush has brought is better suited for his skills. "That suits my game a whole lot. That's how I was in college, and that's the way our defense was in college. We are going to be an eight-man front and force the offense to do what we want them to do, which is go through the air. Then, we can just pin our ears back and blitz and do what we do best," Adibi said.
I'd imagine his projections are low given the indications this spring that Brian Cushing will take over the every-down role alongside DeMeco Ryans as soon as he's ready. The linebacker sitting during nickel situations often misses 40% of his team's defensive snaps or more.The eight man front comment is huge for whomever wins the SS job, however.

Any news on how Cushing is doing? Is he going to lock up a 3 down OLB spot this year? I know everyone has hopes for Adibi and Diles, but I think Cushing is the LB to own in this defense.

Any news on how Cushing is doing? Is he going to lock up a 3 down OLB spot this year? I know everyone has hopes for Adibi and Diles, but I think Cushing is the LB to own in this defense.
There were plenty of encouraging signs during minicamp and OTAs. The coaching staff has already called him a starter and he was getting plenty of praise throughout OTAs. He was running with the first team SLB during OTAs, but still with the second team in the nickel. It would appear that was to allow him to concentrate on his base defensive responsibilities rather than an indication that he's not ready to cover.

If Adibi was to lose out to Diles, he could have value similar to Melvin Bullitt. Cushing has struggled with injuries throughout his career.

Users who are viewing this thread