What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Zealots Field Guillotine - a very different kind of league (1 Viewer)

Sajoakita

Footballguy
If you'd like to try something different, you ought to consider Guillotine, a Zealots Field original :hifive: . You start with a 53-man roster prior to the first game, but you have to make 2 cuts prior to Game 1, and prior to each game after that. There are no waivers, so the only way to change your roster is through trades. You end the regular season with 27 players. At the end of the championships, the top player at each position is cut from each team, so all rosters for the following season are at 20, and the new season begins with a 33-round draft.

Learning to play with a declining roster is really "character building" :wall: and did I mention that if you fail to make your cuts, either your opponent or the Commish will make them for you? You can also hope to master the distasteful task :yucky: of learning who to cut when, since you have to be able to field a legal lineup throughout the season!

Interested? You can check out the current rules here, and if this looks like something you might wannt try :excited: , you can apply to Zealots here! Make sure if you apply that you indicate you're interested in Guillotine!

Zealots is a no-payout league, but the payoff is that it will only set you back $6.50 per team.

I think it's time to bump this topic. :stirspot: These leagues are a heap of fun...and character building is absolutely right! Since everyone is in the same boat, trying to maintain a legal roster, trades, while not frequent, are often easier to push through based on mutual need. "Hey, I need a starting RB and your only kicker just went down for the season, what do you say?"

:thumbup: Give it a try. It's not redraft, it's dynasty, with a delightful little twist (in the back of each loser you cut)

Ahem...Peterson, it's time to walk the plank!! :pirate:

Users who are viewing this thread