What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Sleeper Safety Rookies (1 Viewer)

This is one thin class of safties. Last year there were several safties that surprised including Erik Coleman, Gibril Wilson and Madieu Williams. Which safties are most likely to surprise given a chance? Here are the candidates:Josh BullocksOJ AtogweDustin FoxSean ConsidineMarviel UnderwoodJerome CarterKerry RhodesJames SandersMatt GiordanoDonte NicholsonGerald Sensabaugh

Of all the safeties drafted in '05 not named Thomas Davis, I like Bullocks' chances the most. Assuming he's moved to SS, he would only need to overtake Jay Bellamy to start. The Saints' SS position has been a gold-mine that last decade or so.Brodney Pool was the second safety drafted (behind Davis); however, the safety pool in CLE is deeeeep (S Jones, Russell, Crocker, Pool). Pool may spend time behind Russell in the beginning.Other guys to watch include...1.) Nick Collins (GB) - Unless you count Little and Roman as starters, Collins should sneak into the Packers' starting lineup sometime in '05. I'm assuming Roman will be pushed to the bench.2.) Atogwe (StL) - The Rams essentially have no veteran FS on their roster. Even though Atogwe may have been a reach in the 3rd, he has a decent chance of cracking the '05 starting lineup next to Archuleta.3.) Jerome Carter (StL) - This little brickhouse (5'11" 219lbs) could see time if Archuleta's ailing back flares-up again. Carter is a liability in the passing game, but he can lay the wood. 4.) Donte Nicholson (TB) - I have no idea how this guy fell into the Bucs' lap in the 5th-round!!?? Nicholson will ride the pine behing Phillips, D Jackson, and Allen for a year or two. However...once he cracks the starting lineup in '06 or '07, he has the potential to be a good safety.5.) Kerry Rhodes (NYJ) - Former 2nd-rounder Jon McGraw cannot stay on the field. Rhodes is an amazing athlete (4.48/40, 42' vertical, 6.94 three-cone) with excellent height (6'2").6.) Marviel Underwood (GB) - See Collins above.7.) Sean Consodine (PHI) - Brian Dawkins isn't getting any younger.8.) James Sanders (NE) - Rodney Harrison isn't getting any younger.

Bullocks and Pool are both potential standouts, they just didn't receive they hype of uberprospects like Reed, Williams, and Taylor the last few years.Atogwe is underrated and in a great situation and James Sanders is in a situation in NE where DBs come out of nowhere all the time.

Of all the safeties drafted in '05 not named Thomas Davis, I like Bullocks' chances the most. Assuming he's moved to SS, he would only need to overtake Jay Bellamy to start. The Saints' SS position has been a gold-mine that last decade or so.

Brodney Pool was the second safety drafted (behind Davis); however, the safety pool in CLE is deeeeep (S Jones, Russell, Crocker, Pool). Pool may spend time behind Russell in the beginning.

Other guys to watch include...

1.) Nick Collins (GB) - Unless you count Little and Roman as starters, Collins should sneak into the Packers' starting lineup sometime in '05. I'm assuming Roman will be pushed to the bench.

2.) Atogwe (StL) - The Rams essentially have no veteran FS on their roster. Even though Atogwe may have been a reach in the 3rd, he has a decent chance of cracking the '05 starting lineup next to Archuleta.

3.) Jerome Carter (StL) - This little brickhouse (5'11" 219lbs) could see time if Archuleta's ailing back flares-up again. Carter is a liability in the passing game, but he can lay the wood.

4.) Donte Nicholson (TB) - I have no idea how this guy fell into the Bucs' lap in the 5th-round!!?? Nicholson will ride the pine behing Phillips, D Jackson, and Allen for a year or two. However...once he cracks the starting lineup in '06 or '07, he has the potential to be a good safety.

5.) Kerry Rhodes (NYJ) - Former 2nd-rounder Jon McGraw cannot stay on the field. Rhodes is an amazing athlete (4.48/40, 42' vertical, 6.94 three-cone) with excellent height (6'2").

6.) Marviel Underwood (GB) - See Collins above.

7.) Sean Consodine (PHI) - Brian Dawkins isn't getting any younger.

8.) James Sanders (NE) - Rodney Harrison isn't getting any younger.
As a Husker homer, I'll just add this.Bullocks is a true FS, through and through. His twin brother (Daniel - next years class) plays strong and is much better at run support. I would be leary of Josh moving to the stron slot as he's not really a strong tackler. Great centerfielder who will score many a FF pt with INTs.

Packers | Underwood Could Be Thrown Into Lineup - from www.KFFL.comMon, 2 May 2005 12:14:27 -0700Pete Dougherty, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers rookie S Marviel Underwood could see significant playing time this season, even a starting role, according to defensive coordinator Jim Bates.Packers | Collins Could Be Thrown Into Lineup - from www.KFFL.comMon, 2 May 2005 12:14:20 -0700Pete Dougherty, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers rookie S Nick Collins could see significant playing time this season, even a starting role, according to defensive coordinator Jim Bates.

Packers | Underwood Could Be Thrown Into Lineup - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 12:14:27 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers rookie S Marviel Underwood could see significant playing time this season, even a starting role, according to defensive coordinator Jim Bates.

Packers | Collins Could Be Thrown Into Lineup - from www.KFFL.com

Mon, 2 May 2005 12:14:20 -0700

Pete Dougherty, of PackersNews.com, reports Green Bay Packers rookie S Nick Collins could see significant playing time this season, even a starting role, according to defensive coordinator Jim Bates.
Right, Pack - everyone has a chance to play.That's what happens when the D team as a whole sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread