What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

A little IDP help requested (1 Viewer)

JAG

Footballguy
I have always resisted playing in IDP leagues as I never felt the best defensive players get the best stats.Although I still will probably not play in one, I have agreed to host some leagues with IDP. I have added several IDP scoring categories to my web commissioner system, but I'd like to know what IDP scoring rules are used by others. I have included tackles, assists, int, pass def,ff,fr,sacks,safeties,blocked kicks, and tds Please let me know if you use any others.How do your top 10-15 by def position compare to offensive players in total scoring value? I was thinking of using point system that would put them about range of top 2-3 TEs or a little higher.I have never even looked at any IDP rules, but I am guessing most use DL,LB, and DB as positions. Do any break them down any farther? eg; CB & S vs DB or DT,De instead of DL. That really seems like overkill.How many at each position do you use? 8 off <=> ? IDP

I have always resisted playing in IDP leagues as I never felt the best defensive players get the best stats.

Although I still will probably not play in one, I have agreed to host some leagues with IDP. I have added several IDP scoring categories to my web commissioner system, but I'd like to know what IDP scoring rules are used by others.

I have included tackles, assists, int, pass def,ff,fr,sacks,safeties,blocked kicks, and tds

Please let me know if you use any others.

How do your top 10-15 by def position compare to offensive players in total scoring value? I was thinking of using point system that would put them about range of top 2-3 TEs or a little higher.

I have never even looked at any IDP rules, but I am guessing most use DL,LB, and DB as positions. Do any break them down any farther? eg; CB & S vs DB or DT,De instead of DL. That really seems like overkill.

How many at each position do you use? 8 off <=> ? IDP
Here is an example of a 53 man dynasty league http://dynasty.efsports.com/rules/EFS_Rules_2004.pdf . Just go to DEF scoring, on pg 56.Here is the scoring for IDP in a high scoring keper league

Defensive Linemen:

9*(tackles) + 50*(sacks) + 4.5*(assists) + 75*(INTs)

Linebackers:

7*(tackles) + 50*(sacks) + 3.5*(assists) + 75*(INTs)

Defensive Backs:

8*(tackles) + 50*(sacks) + 4*(assists) + 75*(INTs)

where sacks = td's

Hope this helps

Here is an example of a IDP heavy scoring league - top LBs score like top RBs

FATAL Keeper/dynasty hybrid league in the HAFA mold

Users who are viewing this thread