What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Ashley York and Otis (1 Viewer)

I'd love to meet the real chick behind this and spend an hour at a bar with her understanding what the hell motivated her to do this sort of thing.
This could be the biggest break of Yandek's career since "managing" Jake The Snake Roberts.

But yes, same girl I dealt with. Same facts, same story, same schtick. I'd be really curious to know who she is in real life, how many dozens of hundreds of dudes spent time on this, and why the hell she did it. She must have committed a TON of effort. I guess she just got off on it. :shrug:I once snapped on her after she stood me up and told her I was certain she weighed about 500 lbs. I suspect I was probably right.
HOOO...LYYYY...####! You're kidding me here. The same person? Geez!
Same exact. Right down to the same background details (from London, lived in jersey, worked at Elle magazine, lived in the city, traveled a bunch, Etc). Would be really interesting to know how many guys spoke to her over the years.

The FFA thread is gone. Did Otis get sucked into Ashley York?
I don't think much sucking in happened.
That was a softball. Reading that blog saga of York listed below, that's really weird. Does someone just get off doing that?
Apparently. Over the years I heard from one other dude who got sucked in. But this blog is news to me. It explains a lot. But still nobody has found the chick. I'd love to meet the real chick behind this and spend an hour at a bar with her understanding what the hell motivated her to do this sort of thing.
Were you in love with her?
I was in fap with her.

That was a softball. Reading that blog saga of York listed below, that's really weird. Does someone just get off doing that?
Apparently. Over the years I heard from one other dude who got sucked in. But this blog is news to me. It explains a lot. But still nobody has found the chick. I'd love to meet the real chick behind this and spend an hour at a bar with her understanding what the hell motivated her to do this sort of thing.
Still trying for the hookup I see.Us guys are so ####### gullible for the ######

But yes, same girl I dealt with. Same facts, same story, same schtick. I'd be really curious to know who she is in real life, how many dozens of hundreds of dudes spent time on this, and why the hell she did it. She must have committed a TON of effort. I guess she just got off on it. :shrug:I once snapped on her after she stood me up and told her I was certain she weighed about 500 lbs. I suspect I was probably right.
HOOO...LYYYY...####! You're kidding me here. The same person? Geez!
Same exact. Right down to the same background details (from London, lived in jersey, worked at Elle magazine, lived in the city, traveled a bunch, Etc). Would be really interesting to know how many guys spoke to her over the years.
Wow. That's an incredible amount of time over the course of years for absolutely no reason. Someone like that could be capable of some hanus crimes, if you think about it. Scary stuff

What is the end game with these hoaxes? It seems like the worst possible use of ones time.
That's what I never got. I mean, for me, gullible as it seemed, the end game was sleeping with this smoking hot broad in the pictures. Who would devote all that time and call me on the phone regularly if it were a farce? At what point is my gullibility excused?But for her? She must have had multiple guys on the hook at any given time over the span of years. That's a TON of time to devote to this. My best guess, which I verbalized to her once during one or the last conversations, was that she was an enormous fat pig of a woman who always envied the pretty girls. So she went out of her way to play a pretty, privileged girl by pretend on the Internet to see how it felt and she really enjoyed it. It was her escape from her own sad lonely and boring life.
I wish a I could've heard that conversation.

Just read that whole Ashley York blog. Insane and fascinating. Wish it had a better resolution though.
You and me both. I was wishing he had either solved the mystery, had pics, met her in person, or got some good payback. Don't like the loose end.

Someone needs to find this Ashley York chick again, start a relationship and then contact Catfish.
Otis, you should ring up some of the big newspapers and feature-oriented mags in NYC and pitch this story to a feature writer. With the Te'O story out there and the fact that she's done this to hundreds (probably) of guys in the local area over a decade it'd make a great longform story.ETA: and I guarantee either the investigation or the subsequent publicity would out the people behind Krista and Ashley.

Last edited by a moderator:
Someone needs to find this Ashley York chick again, start a relationship and then contact Catfish.
Otis, you should ring up some of the big newspapers and feature-oriented mags in NYC and pitch this story to a feature writer. With the Te'O story out there and the fact that she's done this to hundreds (probably) of guys in the local area over a decade it'd make a great longform story.ETA: and I guarantee either the investigation or the subsequent publicity would out the people behind Krista and Ashley.
This story is so old, I would imagine that it's not an active scam, or someone has already outed her. Either that or there are copycats by now.

Do I really want to be any part of that?

For the sake of this thread, I shot a message to the guy who wrote the blog asking for any updates. If I learn anything I'll pass it along. :popcorn:

Do I really want to be any part of that?
Depends on how bad you really want to know :)

Otis> interesting story. We're going to need to see the pics you have (since the blog deleted theirs) please. Couldn't help but laugh when he got the call from the dude.

I remember "Augment Lauren" had some type of blog where you could sign up under any name and post stuff. That was funny stuff.

We're you working through some he/she type matchmaker like the dude in the blog?
No. I think I started early in her career. I randomly found and messaged her in the early days of Friendster, when on the quiet nights at home I would message random chicks. I ended up meeting up with and hooking up with some. She was by far the hottest. Of course it wasn't her in the pics. (In fact I wonder if I was one of the first. She didn't message me. I actually messages her when randomly trolling for chicks. It sounds like somewhere along the way she got hooked on it and started setting these up herself though fake matchmakers. Interesting). After Friendster we progressed to email and phone. At some point a friend busted her in the pic by pointing out the picture was actually model Sienna Miller. I called her out on I and she played it off like it was an intereney doppelgänger joke. I finally had it with her and bailed. She later found me on email again years later and we started more phone chatting. After she stood me up for drinks once reacted crazy like it was my fault (pulled the reverse mad, exactly like with the dude in the blog) I gave her up again. It's funny because the blog dude describes her well. Her phone personality was pretty cool and normal. Funny, sassy, smart aleck. Sounded intelligent and educated and worldly. Sexy voice. It all matched the pictures and what you would imagine. In your head you could imagine her being a perfect catch. A little nuts maybe, but then again she was still after all a chick. Years later when I started dating my wife she found me on Facebook. We were friends on there for a while. She had a really elaborate setup this time with fake siblings posting on her profile and pics of the "real " her (another skinny, smoking hot, world traveling blonde). I think at some point I clipped her during a FB pruning and mostly forgot about her until the recent Righetti email reminder about her which caused me to google and find the link to the blog. Too funny. I once actually got a message from some dude on Friendster warning me about the scam years after. He had a similar experience. But I never saw anything as elaborate as this blog and I sure never had the time or interest for something like that myself. Closest I got was a schtick FFA thread some years ago, since deleted.
Why didn't you file a police report?

Holy crap.http://fingertheblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/ashley-york-vol-1-beginning.html
Wow. That's one of the oddest stories I've ever read. :shock:
I'm about half way through it and it reads exactly how I imagine Alias lives his life, wearing those t-shirts made for chicks.
:lmao: How many parts are there? Just give me a recap.
10. Just read them all. It's well written overall, but gets a little shaky here and there. A lot of self-amused side notes and verbosity. Edited, it would be a work of art.

Holy crap.http://fingertheblog.blogspot.com/2010/07/ashley-york-vol-1-beginning.html
I'm about half way through it and it reads exactly how I imagine Alias lives his life, wearing those t-shirts made for chicks.
10. Just read them all. It's well written overall, but gets a little shaky here and there. A lot of self-amused side notes and verbosity. Edited, it would be a work of art.
Damn. Seems overly verbose. I'm not even all the way through the Ted the Caver journal yet.

Damn. Seems overly verbose. I'm not even all the way through the Ted the Caver journal yet.
I bailed on that a looong time ago. I couldn't get into it, and the payoff seemed pretty far away.

I bailed on that a looong time ago. I couldn't get into it, and the payoff seemed pretty far away.
The payoff on this one kind of sucked as well. It was way better before he hired a team of detectives and then eventually gave up.

The payoff on this one kind of sucked as well. It was way better before he hired a team of detectives and then eventually gave up.
I guess it would have been satisfying for them to catch them, but I found it intriguing that they couldn't put it all together. The hardest parts to read were his emails to Ashley. I can't believe he shared something that pathetic with the rest of the world. Much like Manti Te'o, he seemed to live in this duality of understanding it was a hoax but talking about it like it was real.

We're you working through some he/she type matchmaker like the dude in the blog?
No. I think I started early in her career. I randomly found and messaged her in the early days of Friendster, when on the quiet nights at home I would message random chicks. I ended up meeting up with and hooking up with some. She was by far the hottest. Of course it wasn't her in the pics. (In fact I wonder if I was one of the first. She didn't message me. I actually messages her when randomly trolling for chicks. It sounds like somewhere along the way she got hooked on it and started setting these up herself though fake matchmakers. Interesting). After Friendster we progressed to email and phone. At some point a friend busted her in the pic by pointing out the picture was actually model Sienna Miller. I called her out on I and she played it off like it was an intereney doppelgänger joke. I finally had it with her and bailed. She later found me on email again years later and we started more phone chatting. After she stood me up for drinks once reacted crazy like it was my fault (pulled the reverse mad, exactly like with the dude in the blog) I gave her up again. It's funny because the blog dude describes her well. Her phone personality was pretty cool and normal. Funny, sassy, smart aleck. Sounded intelligent and educated and worldly. Sexy voice. It all matched the pictures and what you would imagine. In your head you could imagine her being a perfect catch. A little nuts maybe, but then again she was still after all a chick. Years later when I started dating my wife she found me on Facebook. We were friends on there for a while. She had a really elaborate setup this time with fake siblings posting on her profile and pics of the "real " her (another skinny, smoking hot, world traveling blonde). I think at some point I clipped her during a FB pruning and mostly forgot about her until the recent Righetti email reminder about her which caused me to google and find the link to the blog. Too funny. I once actually got a message from some dude on Friendster warning me about the scam years after. He had a similar experience. But I never saw anything as elaborate as this blog and I sure never had the time or interest for something like that myself. Closest I got was a schtick FFA thread some years ago, since deleted.
Why didn't you file a police report?
Do what now?

I guess it would have been satisfying for them to catch them, but I found it intriguing that they couldn't put it all together. The hardest parts to read were his emails to Ashley. I can't believe he shared something that pathetic with the rest of the world. Much like Manti Te'o, he seemed to live in this duality of understanding it was a hoax but talking about it like it was real.
I give the guy credit for his transparency. The blog is mostly good for that reason. He's not taking himself too seriously.

Otis> interesting story. We're going to need to see the pics you have (since the blog deleted theirs) please.
He mentioned a pic of her riding a donkey. I saw those on Facebook a couple years ago. She's super, super hot in those pics. But the pics constantly changed over time. And what was funny is that it wasn't even the same person in all her pics.I dug into my archive from 2005 and found a few pics. I'll try and upload them. They're of different chicks. That was one thing I remember -- back in the day I remember telling Righetti and the fellas that all her pics look like different people. She basically would just post pics of a bunch of hot similar looking blonde girls, and sometimes with angles such that you couldn't easily tell they were different people. But the Greece photos were by far the hottest because they were bikini pics of her riding a donkey and a vespa etc. Sadly I don't think I have those.

The human mind is a fascinating thing. You want something to be real so badly that you ignore all of the warning signs.

The human mind is a fascinating thing. You want something to be real so badly that you ignore all of the warning signs.
Like when he's trying to come up with a "reasonable" explanation why no one at Elle knows her, but it's still possible she works there. Agree with Pickles, the emails were definitely a big part of the letdown. He does a good job with the setup. You get this sense that something big is going to happen when Troy gets involved. He gets a solid lead in the Kim Daniels thing. And then, he just instantly pops the balloon with those emails in one shot. If I was one of the people on his team that had put man hours into this, that would have been a pretty big letdown. The imagining Harvard chick riding a donkey in Greece part instead of even trying to follow that lead pretty much blew as well. It just seems that they put a lot of effort in to give up so quickly on the few solid leads that did turn up. As a whole, big thumbs down on the second half of the story.Incidentally, I've had several Facebook friends requests from hot women, but I just reject when I have no idea who they are. I guess you might react differently if you were single, but it seems pretty strange how people get themselves so involved in something that obviously has a high probability of being a scam.

I love the fact that Otis can't even fathom the possibility of it being a dude.

Otis> interesting story. We're going to need to see the pics you have (since the blog deleted theirs) please.
He mentioned a pic of her riding a donkey. I saw those on Facebook a couple years ago. She's super, super hot in those pics. But the pics constantly changed over time. And what was funny is that it wasn't even the same person in all her pics.I dug into my archive from 2005 and found a few pics. I'll try and upload them. They're of different chicks. That was one thing I remember -- back in the day I remember telling Righetti and the fellas that all her pics look like different people. She basically would just post pics of a bunch of hot similar looking blonde girls, and sometimes with angles such that you couldn't easily tell they were different people. But the Greece photos were by far the hottest because they were bikini pics of her riding a donkey and a vespa etc. Sadly I don't think I have those.
So a chick from the internet gave you pics of people that were clearly different each time, yet you still pursued it?

So a chick from the internet gave you pics of people that were clearly different each time, yet you still pursued it?
He so wanted to believe.

He so wanted to believe.
Looks like the pics of this girl are setting a new standard for the Offdee 10: That once-in-a-lifetime girl that you will fly across the country to meet, even though you have no specific evidence she exists.

Like when he's trying to come up with a "reasonable" explanation why no one at Elle knows her, but it's still possible she works there. Agree with Pickles, the emails were definitely a big part of the letdown. He does a good job with the setup. You get this sense that something big is going to happen when Troy gets involved. He gets a solid lead in the Kim Daniels thing. And then, he just instantly pops the balloon with those emails in one shot. If I was one of the people on his team that had put man hours into this, that would have been a pretty big letdown. The imagining Harvard chick riding a donkey in Greece part instead of even trying to follow that lead pretty much blew as well. It just seems that they put a lot of effort in to give up so quickly on the few solid leads that did turn up. As a whole, big thumbs down on the second half of the story.

Incidentally, I've had several Facebook friends requests from hot women, but I just reject when I have no idea who they are. I guess you might react differently if you were single, but it seems pretty strange how people get themselves so involved in something that obviously has a high probability of being a scam.
He had me thinking there for a bit that it was going to BE Troy. Anyone else think that for a bit?

Users who are viewing this thread