What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Quick Baseball Trivia (1 Viewer)

Koya

Footballguy
How many times has a player hit 70+ extra base hits and 70 stolen bases in the same season?

Who was the player / were the players?

:goodposting:

How many times has a player hit 70+ extra base hits and 70 stolen bases in the same season?Who was the player / were the players? :sleep:
Rickey Henderson? Couldn't name a year, but I would think he would have been a candidate in his days in Oakland.

Hmm. I will say 2 people have done it.

I'm Goign to guess Ty Cobb did it once, maybe twice. I think Tim Raines is up for HoF election this year and i will call him as the second.

I should have known Juan - as I type this wearing my Phillies T-shirt.

I'm guessing someone can confirm Cobb - he had to go 40/20/10 2b/3b/Hr or something close to that breakdown once or twice.

I think Cobb is the only one and he did it once. Actually, I take it back Juan Samuel had 70/72 one year.

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are on the subject of SBs, was there a different scoring rule in 1887? Cause there are 6 players credited with 100+ steals and 22 players with 70+ steals.

I looked it up . . . before 1898 players were credited with a SB if they advanced more than one base on another player's base hit.

While we are on the subject of SBs, was there a different scoring rule in 1887? Cause there are 6 players credited with 100+ steals and 22 players with 70+ steals.I looked it up . . . before 1898 players were credited with a SB if they advanced more than one base on another player's base hit.
Heck back then, walks used to count as a hit in batting average...

List of the 60-60 guys since 1900 using the Lahman database thru 2005:

Henderson 1986 & 1990

Cobb 1911 & 1912

Samuel 1984

Morgan 1973 & 1976

Brock 1968

and Federal Leaguer Benny Kauff 1914

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread