What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FBG Vegetarian Club (1 Viewer)

Brintey Spears

Footballguy
Jaysus

Jethro Q. Walrustitty

The Moops

ELM

krista4 - Our first lady member

jhib

TheGrlinU

silvergold

TD32

Sweet J

TS Garp

KarmaPolice

I'd say that's a top notch group of posters. I'm hoping Joe joins the club.

Anybody I missed, please check in here.

Membership pending authorization:

Joe Bryant

Urbanhack

Last edited by a moderator:
I given it serious thought....but then why would I want to live a longer, healthier life if I couldn't have:

Hot Dogs

Brats

Sausage

Scrapple

Tuna

Salmon

Crabs

Shrimp

Scallops

Lobster

Steak

Ribs

Hamburgers

Meatloaf

Gyros

Bacon

Turkey

and Subs (or hoagies/grinders/heroes)

it doesn't work for me.....

I given it serious thought....but then why would I want to live a longer, healthier life if I couldn't have:Hot DogsBratsSausage ScrappleTunaSalmonCrabsShrimpScallopsLobsterSteakRibsHamburgersMeatloafGyrosBaconTurkeyand Subs (or hoagies/grinders/heroes)it doesn't work for me.....
Vegetarians don't eat seafood/fish?

I given it serious thought....but then why would I want to live a longer, healthier life if I couldn't have:Hot DogsBratsSausage ScrappleTunaSalmonCrabsShrimpScallopsLobsterSteakRibsHamburgersMeatloafGyrosBaconTurkeyand Subs (or hoagies/grinders/heroes)it doesn't work for me.....
Vegetarians don't eat seafood/fish?
That's how some vegetarian friends of Mrs Cheney roll...although I don't know if that's a hard and fast rule. Then again...according to Bubba "shrimp is the fruit of the sea"..so maybe they allow it......

I just did it for 40 days, but I included fish. Does your little club allow fish eaters?

I given it serious thought....but then why would I want to live a longer, healthier life if I couldn't have:

Hot Dogs

Brats

Sausage

Scrapple

Tuna

Salmon

Crabs

Shrimp

Scallops

Lobster

Steak

Ribs

Hamburgers

Meatloaf

Gyros

Bacon

Turkey

and Subs (or hoagies/grinders/heroes)

it doesn't work for me.....
i think you should want to give this up.

JaysusJethro Q. WalrustittyThe MoopsELMI'd say that's a top notch group of posters. I'm hoping Joe joins the club.Anybody I missed, please check in here:
Where the #### were you 40 days ago? I asked for help on my lenten sacrifice of going vegetarian. You were no where to be found.I have been living on veggie burgers,pasta,veggies, and PB&J. Not a lot of variety. I could hve used your support then.I am grilling beef, beef, and more beef tomorrow. I am starting the day with sausage breakfast.

JaysusJethro Q. WalrustittyThe MoopsELMI'd say that's a top notch group of posters. I'm hoping Joe joins the club.Anybody I missed, please check in here:
Where the #### were you 40 days ago? I asked for help on my lenten sacrifice of going vegetarian. You were no where to be found.I have been living on veggie burgers,pasta,veggies, and PB&J. Not a lot of variety. I could hve used your support then.I am grilling beef, beef, and more beef tomorrow. I am starting the day with sausage breakfast.
How did it go for you prosopis? I kept fish in my diet, so it wasn't horrible.Congrats on making it through :thumbup:

How did it go for you prosopis? I kept fish in my diet, so it wasn't horrible.Congrats on making it through :thumbup:
It went great. I ate fish as well. I am just messing with BS. I also gave up alcohol. It was a very spiritual and the Triduum here has been beyond awesome. I am looking forward to steak and beer tomorrow though.

I've flirted with it in the past. I've cut back on intake of meat significantly over the past 4 years. I've eliminated 90% of my red meat and dairy intake, which I'm doing purely for health reasons.

Would like to get there at some point.

:blackdot:

Brintey Spears said:
JaysusJethro Q. WalrustittyThe MoopsELMkrista4 - Our first lady memberI'd say that's a top notch group of posters. I'm hoping Joe joins the club.Anybody I missed, please check in here.Membership pending authorization:Joe BryantUrbanhack
Looks like I gotta eat 2, 3, yep 5 more burgers tonight. Man, if Joe and hack join, I may have to step it up... :popcorn:

In.

Over a year now as a lacto-ovo vegetarian. Gave up meat for Lent last year and never went back.

I'm in.

Stopped eating meat 5 years ago.

And just curious, do any of you eat those vegetarian chicken nuggets/chicken patties/chicken salad/breakfast sausage? I know the veggie burger is one thing, but if I wanted to eat something that tasted like meat would I choose to be a vegetarian? (answer:NO!!!!!!) I just do not understand the marketing here and I was wondering if I'm all alone.

TheGrlinU said:
I'm in.Stopped eating meat 5 years ago.And just curious, do any of you eat those vegetarian chicken nuggets/chicken patties/chicken salad/breakfast sausage? I know the veggie burger is one thing, but if I wanted to eat something that tasted like meat would I choose to be a vegetarian? (answer:NO!!!!!!) I just do not understand the marketing here and I was wondering if I'm all alone.
you're alone.

JaysusJethro Q. WalrustittyThe MoopsELMkrista4 - Our first lady memberjhibI'd say that's a top notch group of posters. I'm hoping Joe joins the club.Anybody I missed, please check in here.Membership pending authorization:Joe BryantUrbanhack
add me to the list...12+ years and going strong (no fish or milk)

TheGrlinU said:
I'm in.Stopped eating meat 5 years ago.And just curious, do any of you eat those vegetarian chicken nuggets/chicken patties/chicken salad/breakfast sausage? I know the veggie burger is one thing, but if I wanted to eat something that tasted like meat would I choose to be a vegetarian? (answer:NO!!!!!!) I just do not understand the marketing here and I was wondering if I'm all alone.
Are you a vegetarian because you do not like the taste of meat or are you a vegetarian due to moral reasons?I know a few vegetarians most because of religious reasons - not because a steak does not taste good.

TheGrlinU said:
As a big fan of things like: Barbeque sauce, Buffalo sauce, Hot Sauce, etc. I love the fake nuggs.Additionally, fake chicken sammiches are incredible with cheese.As for the fake breakfast sausages, if you coat those in maple syrup, they are delicious.None of those items tast much like meat if at all. But almost all of them are good things to put sauce on.As for the marketing, they are significantly better for you than the meat counterparts. There are a lot of fatties who go for this marketing I'm sure.

I've flirted with it in the past. I've cut back on intake of meat significantly over the past 4 years. I've eliminated 90% of my red meat and dairy intake, which I'm doing purely for health reasons.Would like to get there at some point. :unsure:
Hey buddy, if you ever need great veggie recommendations in Chicago, let me know. Or wait, are you moving to NY?LOVE Handlebar, BTW, for one. Mmmmmmmm... :lmao:

TheGrlinU said:
As a big fan of things like: Barbeque sauce, Buffalo sauce, Hot Sauce, etc. I love the fake nuggs.Additionally, fake chicken sammiches are incredible with cheese.As for the fake breakfast sausages, if you coat those in maple syrup, they are delicious.None of those items tast much like meat if at all. But almost all of them are good things to put sauce on.As for the marketing, they are significantly better for you than the meat counterparts. There are a lot of fatties who go for this marketing I'm sure.
Pretty much in agreement with all of this, though I haven't tried the breakfast sausages. I know what you're saying, though...there is something disturbing to me about the attempts at, for instance, veggie pepperoni, though I guess if it were good at all I'd try it. Having just come home from a baseball game, I have to say that hot dogs and hamburgers still smell very good to me. :unsure:

I've flirted with it in the past. I've cut back on intake of meat significantly over the past 4 years. I've eliminated 90% of my red meat and dairy intake, which I'm doing purely for health reasons.Would like to get there at some point. :unsure:
Hey buddy, if you ever need great veggie recommendations in Chicago, let me know. Or wait, are you moving to NY?LOVE Handlebar, BTW, for one. Mmmmmmmm... :lmao:
Handlebar is on our list.Love Chicago Diner and Karyn's Cooked.I'll be back and forth between NY and Chicago starting this fall.

Handlebar is on our list.Love Chicago Diner and Karyn's Cooked.I'll be back and forth between NY and Chicago starting this fall.
Of course Green Zebra right by you is fantastic, too, but you couldn't go there every day.Every time I'm in a thread with you I start getting hungry!At least you still get the summer in Chicago. :lmao:

I don't think there's an all-powerful being in any conceivable universe who could get me to give up red meat. There's a better chance of me getting off my fat ### and running a marathon than giving up red meat for... however long it is from Ash Wednesday to Easter.

JaysusJethro Q. WalrustittyThe MoopsELMkrista4 - Our first lady memberjhibTheGrlinUsilvergoldI'd say that's a top notch group of posters. I'm hoping Joe joins the club.Anybody I missed, please check in here.Membership pending authorization:Joe BryantUrbanhack
One of the things I gave up when I started losing weight back in January is red meat. I don't eat it anymore but I still like me some poultry 1-2 times a week. And a lot of fish.

JaysusJethro Q. WalrustittyThe MoopsELMkrista4 - Our first lady memberjhibTheGrlinUsilvergoldI'd say that's a top notch group of posters. I'm hoping Joe joins the club.Anybody I missed, please check in here.Membership pending authorization:Joe BryantUrbanhack
One of the things I gave up when I started losing weight back in January is red meat. I don't eat it anymore but I still like me some poultry 1-2 times a week. And a lot of fish.
What are you trying to say here?

What are you trying to say here?
Good question. Getting rid of red meat was a 1st step towrds becoming a vegetarian possibly for me. I am exploring the idea...it also has helped me lose a lot of weight. Steak and Beef is very dense and can really add the pounds on.

Users who are viewing this thread