What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Gilmore Girls to end this season... For those that care... (1 Viewer)

Footballguy
http://www.zap2it.com/tv/zap-gilmoregirlsc...tv-mainheadline

The era of the two Loreleis has come to an end.

The CW and Warner Bros. Television announced Thursday that the popular multigenerational family show starring Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel will wrap its seventh and final season on Tuesday, May 15.

"Announcing the final season of 'Gilmore Girls' is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television," reads the joint statement. "This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel, as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and 'Gilmore' fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send-off it deserves."

Fears about the fate of the show have been plaguing fans for a while now, ever since Sherman-Palladino and her husband/collaborator Dan left the show at the end of the sixth season, when "Gilmore" was on the now-defunct WB. Graham and Bledel only had contracts for one more season with the CW, however, and the fledgling network similarly only committed to the series for a year, which appears is now up.

"Gilmore Girls" captured audiences with the close, playful yet heartfelt relationship between a single mother raising her daughter in the wacky town of Stars Hollow despite pressures from her own parents to conform to their country club ways and marry the baby daddy. The show was known for its rapid-fire dialogue, colorful characters and pop culture references. The show also launched the careers of Milo Ventimiglia ("Heroes") and Jared Padalecki ("Supernatural"), both of whom played Rory's boyfriend at some point during the show.

The show's two remaining episodes will see Rory (Bledel) receiving a marriage proposal, while Lorelei (Graham) sorts out her own love life. The season finale, titled "Bon Voyage," guest stars Rory's idol, CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour.

Last edited by a moderator:
This show used to be really good. The last couple of seasons have been kind of weak. Paris and early Mrs. Kim have to be the best unknown characters on tv.

I don't watch the show, but I did go through school with the guy who plays Logan. It was quite a shock when I learned that he turned out to be mildly famous.

My wife watches this show, so I sit there either reading or playing some online poker. Unfortunately I have come to, through osmosis, know some things about the show. I have come to the conclusion my hatred for michell and tyler is unhealthy. I wish a thousand deaths upon these whining, sniveling wastes of skin.

When my current gf of 2 years broke up with her last boyfriend before she started dating me, he immediately started dating Rory from GG, who he apparently knew from HS.

From the Ausiello Report at TVGuide.com...

In the end, they just couldn't strike a deal.

That, in a nutshell, is the reason Gilmore Girls isn't returning for an eighth season.

Multiple sources confirm that Warner Bros. recently made one final offer to Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel that included sizeable salary bumps for both in exchange for a shortened 13-episode season. As is now obvious, that offer was rejected.

The show's cast and crew — many of whom thought an eighth season was in the bag — are said to be in a state of shock. "Everyone was pretty blindsided by this and still processing it at the moment," reports a Gilmore insider. "Talks must have broken down very, very recently because it came as one hell of a surprise."

The good news? The May 15 finale was meant to serve as either a series or season finale. And having just read the script, I can assure you that it's a satisfying conclusion to the series. As I previously teased, it brings Gilmore full circle.

Warner Bros. and the CW released this joint statement: "Announcing the final season of Gilmore Girls is truly a sad moment for everyone at The CW and Warner Bros. Television. This series helped define a network and created a fantastic, storybook world featuring some of television's most memorable, lovable characters. We thank Amy Sherman-Palladino, Dan Palladino, Dave Rosenthal, the amazing cast led by Lauren Graham and Alexis Bledel as well as the producers, writers and crew for giving us this delightful gem for the past seven years. We would also like to thank the critics and Gilmore fans for their passionate support and promise to give this series the send off it deserves."

Jules Winnfield said:
Yankee23Fan said:
If Lauren Graham is distraught, I'm available to console her.
Agreed.My wife watches this damn show all the time. It's physically painful to me, especially since Lauren never seems to get nekkid for any reason.
For all you Lauren Graham fans check out "Bad Santa"Her romps with Santa Claus make you look at her in a whole different way
**** me Santa! **** me Santa! ***** me Santa! ***** me Santa! :goodposting: :lmao: :lmao:

Jules Winnfield said:
Yankee23Fan said:
Agreed.My wife watches this damn show all the time. It's physically painful to me, especially since Lauren never seems to get nekkid for any reason.
For all you Lauren Graham fans check out "Bad Santa"Her romps with Santa Claus make you look at her in a whole different way
**** me Santa! **** me Santa! ***** me Santa! ***** me Santa! ;) :bag: :lmao:
Hey, I was gonna do that! :shrug:

Bump for tonight's series finale...

Episode Title: (#2T7772) "Bon Voyage"

TUESDAY, MAY 15

STARS HOLLOW THROWS RORY A GRADUATION PARTY / CNN JOURNALIST CHRISTIANE AMANPOUR MAKES A GUEST APPEARANCE - Just as Rory (Alexis Bledel) lands her dream job as a political reporter, Luke (Scott Patterson) enlists the help of everyone in Stars Hollow to throw her a graduation party. Emily (Kelly Bishop) and Richard (Edward Herrmann) attend the huge party, where Rory makes a speech thanking Lorelai (Lauren Graham) and the whole town for giving her such a great start in life. Luke's thoughtfulness brings out an unexpected reaction from Lorelai (Lauren Graham). Finally, on the morning that Rory leaves Stars Hollow to start her career, Luke opens the diner before dawn to share a celebratory breakfast with the Gilmore girls. CNN journalist Christiane Amanpour makes a cameo appearance as a guest at the Dragonfly Inn. Melissa McCarthy, Keiko Agena, Yanic Truesdale and Sean Gunn also star.

terribleness

posty, you're not allowed to complain about anything ever again after professing a liking to this show. I don't EVER want to see you in a soccer thread ever again.

terriblenessposty, you're not allowed to complain about anything ever again after professing a liking to this show. I don't EVER want to see you in a soccer thread ever again.
I have said that I like to watch this show on occasion, not religiously...Plus the difference is that soccer sucks, this show was at least good at one point...

terriblenessposty, you're not allowed to complain about anything ever again after professing a liking to this show. I don't EVER want to see you in a soccer thread ever again.
I have said that I like to watch this show on occasion, not religiously...Plus the difference is that soccer sucks, this show was at least good at one point...
:yes:My wife watched this show a few times before I had to put my foot down. Every character speaks exactly the same- rapid paced, smarmy banter back and forth endlessly repeated.Horrible.You may not like soccer, but this show is :X AND you liking it means you caught teh #### somewhere (NTTAWT).

From the Ausiello Report at TVGuide.com...In the end, they just couldn't strike a deal.That, in a nutshell, is the reason Gilmore Girls isn't returning for an eighth season.
That show's been on for SEVEN years? Insane.

WOO HOO!!!! No more Michele! No more Taylor! I hope they (the characters) slowly get eaten by fire ants. Groin first.

This is my wife's favorite show of all time. She is now watching Season 1 on DVD with our almost-teenage daughter. And so am I.

Season 1 Lauren Graham is sublime.

I loved the quick dialogue in this show. I have a cousin that looked and talked like Alexis Bledel. She is a blast to have a conversation with....one of my favorite relatives. Always made me fond of the show, plus Lauren Graham is easy on the eyes.

It's streaming on Netflix now. I'm about 7 episodes in, and it is fantastic.

As a fan of "Parenthood", I must say Gilmore so far really makes me disappointed in Parenthood. I love the show, but they completely #### the bed with Lauren Graham's character. Having really only seen that and Bad Santa, I really had no idea Graham would be this good. The dig at the Jolie/BBT relationship was funny in retrospect.

I've completely cashed in my man card and am currently catching up on the WB/CW/UPN chick shows that I never watched the first time around. So far, Buffy and Veronica are solid, but Gilmore Girls might be my favorite of the bunch.

As a fan of "Parenthood", I must say Gilmore so far really makes me disappointed in Parenthood. I love the show, but they completely #### the bed with Lauren Graham's character. Having really only seen that and Bad Santa, I really had no idea Graham would be this good. The dig at the Jolie/BBT relationship was funny in retrospect.

I've completely cashed in my man card and am currently catching up on the WB/CW/UPN chick shows that I never watched the first time around. So far, Buffy and Veronica are solid, but Gilmore Girls might be my favorite of the bunch.
If you end up liking Buffy, you might want to try its spinoff, Angel. One of my top 10-15 favorite shows ever.

Wait, posty spent the time he wasn't scouring the internet looking for stories about dead children watching Gilmore Girls? :confused:

If you end up liking Buffy, you might want to try its spinoff, Angel. One of my top 10-15 favorite shows ever.
It's taking me a long time to come around on this Angel fella. Still not quite there. It really sucks as it's hard not to just see him as "that dude from Bones that appears to be the spiritual predecessor to Twilight brooding vampires".

And Xander. Ugh, that guy. First of all, his name is ####### Xander. They give him these awful cheesy lines that are a little hard to handle. I have to remind myself that that this was a different time. A time where Matthew Perry was starring in TV's most popular comedy doing the same schtick. And he was only the 2nd most annoying dude on his show.

Xander is getting better about halfway through the 2nd season.

Watching Buffy this long after it originally aired is tough in general. It's only 3 years older than Gilmore Girls, but that 3 years seems like 15 years. Gilmore and Veronica both seem like shows that could slide seamlessly into the TV schedule right now. Buffy seems really, really old, though I'm on the 2nd season and it's feeling less so.

I do like Buffy though. Quite a bit.

Watching it through on Netflix with my wife. I still really enjoyed the dialogue I spent half the show laughing at jokes my wife doesn't even get beautiful.

I tried to tell everyone about it back in '08

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=383329&hl=%2Bgilmore+%2Bgirls

This was one of the finest shows out there in my opinion. Okay - yes, go ahead and take my man card. I don't care. I started watching if when my wife got into it and then the witty quick writing and dialogue just sucked me in. Lauren Graham is sooooo good. I can't even watch Parenthood after having watched Gilmore for so many years. Seriously watched 1 episode of Parenthood because Lauren Graham was in it and then just hung it up.

Anyway - enjoy it is on Netflix now. Lots of the other characters have popped up elsewhere on other shows as well.

Actually, the winner is probably from Friday Night Lights. Either T. Tami and Julie or Madison Burge and the redhwad that ended up in Justified.

13 year old me would pick Sam Micelli and, since there's no mom, any other character from the show. Don't care. Prefer Judith Light or Mona, but would go Tony if that's the way it had to be.

Tom Hagen said:
Wait, posty spent the time he wasn't scouring the internet looking for stories about dead children watching Gilmore Girls? :confused:
:lol: Nice to see he was doing this on multiple sites.... or wait, that's kind of creepy. :scared:

Users who are viewing this thread