Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Skippy the one eyed Beagle

50k Contest - Contest over

i am still waiting to hear from my FBG stalker who left a message on my white board at work.:shrug:

What was the message?

Sadly, Skippy's restaurant is doomed once word gets out that you can go in claim to be a football guy and get a free Shuke. There will be a line of aliases around the block looking for free sandwiches. Skippy = Uh who are you? Freeloader = Me, oh I'm George Jefferson.....and this is my wife MacArtist. Skippy = I don't remember you guys posting in the contest thread, and I am pretty sure MacArtist is a lesbian. Freeloader = We didn't post in the thread but we still voted for you and the lesbian stuff was just Ishtick, now where are our free Shukes?

I can totally see this happening.... :lmao: But WTH....we built him....we should be able to tear him down!

Sadly, Skippy's restaurant is doomed once word gets out that you can go in claim to be a football guy and get a free Shuke. There will be a line of aliases around the block looking for free sandwiches. Skippy = Uh who are you? Freeloader = Me, oh I'm George Jefferson.....and this is my wife MacArtist. Skippy = I don't remember you guys posting in the contest thread, and I am pretty sure MacArtist is a lesbian. Freeloader = We didn't post in the thread but we still voted for you and the lesbian stuff was just Ishtick, now where are our free Shukes?

I can totally see this happening.... :lmao: But WTH....we built him....we should be able to tear him down!
LET THE BACKLASH BEGIN!!!

:popcorn:

I'm another person curious about the message on the white board.

Did anyone catch my Monkeys>shuke post on the voting site? I think it got deleted quickly.

i am still waiting to hear from my FBG stalker who left a message on my white board at work.:goodposting:

What was the message?
FBG Rules! :)(yes the smiley was on the whiteboard)
Could it be that they saw FBG referenced somewhere on the site and aren't actually a member here?

That's just awesome! Congrats to Skippy and Family! And it also goes to show that w/ the power of FBG's behind you, there's nothing that can't be done!

How is your kid? Sorry that you won't be able to renovate your home. On the bright side, you still got 5k to put towards a vacation or something.

Any update on this? What's happening now?

Sorry man, skippys in Vegas. :unsure:

Did Skip ever report on receiving the money?Great thread

He donated it all to Barack Obama. :thumbup:

hi guys.

we did finally get the money ($40k), but they have not told us what our $10k in "services" are going to be. Getting a little frustrated with them.

we have talked to someone about doing a private offering to raise some additional cash, but i really did not get a good vibe from the guy so i will keep looking.

hi guys.we did finally get the money ($40k), but they have not told us what our $10k in "services" are going to be. Getting a little frustrated with them.we have talked to someone about doing a private offering to raise some additional cash, but i really did not get a good vibe from the guy so i will keep looking.

A close friend of mine owns a restaurant supply company. I told him about this idea and he told me people have tried it here in Denver. He couldn't think of a scenario where it works. He feels the competition has amazing locations that are just too expensive for a first time owner. Everyone knows that most restaurants fail but this is an idea that has a chance but you are going to need tons of capital. The play equipment alone is going to bust your 40000. That is before you buy any kitchen equipment. I would talk to your local restaurant equipment guy about used kitchen equipment. Keep working hard on this. I bet you can get it done. Have you looked at locations yet? What kind of areas are you looking at?

cash the check, pay the taxes, and move on with your life.

HELLO I have triplets now I need a restaurant where I can dump them and go eat my free Shukes??

Hello all. It has been a while since I have been around.

Just wanted to drop in and give you guys an update.

Well my wife and I decided that we did not have the funds to open the restaurant like we wanted and with the way the economy has been getting a huge loan did not seem like a great idea.

So we took the money we won and opened up a retail store here in Columbus, Oh.

dscf5604-300x225.jpg

We had been searching for the right location for a long time, and we found it and signed the lease in early September. My dad (who is a contractor) came down and the two of us did all the remodeling that we needed done. We opened the doors in Mid-October and things have been going real well.

dscf5603-226x300.jpg

dscf5600-225x300.jpg

Our goal is to be a destination for parents in Columbus. In addition to our retail store we have a large play area for kids and offer a bunch of classes and activities aimed at getting people into the store (craft days 2-3x a week, parenting meetings, etc) and we let groups hold meetings in the area as well.

Keeping our original idea in mind we set up the back so at some point (next year?) we can add a coffee/snack bar. The idea is to let parents hang out and while they are there for crafts or story time they can shop. So far it has been going real well.

What we sell:

- High quality wood toys and games and other cool stuff

- Organic baby and kids clothes

- Safe Feeding products (BPA Free, Phthalate Free, etc)

- Amish Built cribs and kid beds and other furniture

- Organic Bedding

- Organic Skin care for mom and baby

- Baby Carriers

- and other stuff i cant think of at the moment

Anyway, needless to say I have been real busy. We are pretty much living at the store, but it has been fun.

Oh. On top of the store opening, I lost my real job so that has added a lot of pressure on us for the store to succeed.

I hope I will be able to be around more, but just wanted to drop in and say hi.

Well my wife and I decided that we did not have the funds to open the restaurant like we wanted and with the way the economy has been getting a huge loan did not seem like a great idea.

dscf5604-300x225.jpg

We had been searching for the right location for a long time, and we found it and signed the lease in early September. My dad (who is a contractor) came down and the two of us did all the remodeling that we needed done. We opened the doors in Mid-October and things have been going real well.

dscf5603-226x300.jpg

dscf5600-225x300.jpg

Our goal is to be a destination for parents in Columbus. In addition to our retail store we have a large play area for kids and offer a bunch of classes and activities aimed at getting people into the store (craft days 2-3x a week, parenting meetings, etc) and we let groups hold meetings in the area as well.

Keeping our original idea in mind we set up the back so at some point (next year?) we can add a coffee/snack bar. The idea is to let parents hang out and while they are there for crafts or story time they can shop. So far it has been going real well.

What we sell:

- Organic Bedding

- Baby Carriers

Anyway, needless to say I have been real busy. We are pretty much living at the store, but it has been fun.

Oh. On top of the store opening, I lost my real job so that has added a lot of pressure on us for the store to succeed.

Best of luck to you Skippy. It takes a lot of courage to build something from scratch like this; I hope it pays off :confused:

dscf5604-300x225.jpg

dscf5603-226x300.jpg

dscf5600-225x300.jpg

What we sell:

- Organic Bedding

- Baby Carriers

Do you have an online store/checkout? I know a couple sets of new parents in the Cincy area who have expressed interest in the safe feeding products. PM me if you do/don't. Thanx

Good luck Skippy, I'm impressed at the job you've done getting your store up and running.

I'll recommend your website and store to everyone I know with young kids.

:no:

Spork!

Hope you ship to Canada. 3 yr old just spotted the "Oblama" plane. :yes:

Do you have an online store/checkout? I know a couple sets of new parents in the Cincy area who have expressed interest in the safe feeding products. PM me if you do/don't. Thanx

www.sproutsoup.com
any discount codes for online ordering?

googled this to find the last great FBG voting win. Wasn't hard to see the restaurant not coming together. Good idea changing paths.

dscf5604-300x225.jpg

dscf5603-226x300.jpg

dscf5600-225x300.jpg

What we sell:

- Organic Bedding

- Baby Carriers

excellent.

Good luck with your business, organic is the way.

Best of luck to you, skippy.

:(

Update? I just went to www.sproutsoup.com and it appears Skippy is still in business.

I looked all over that site and couldn't find the first soup!