What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PDSL 1 "Red Razor" Teams & Discussion (1 Viewer)

rzrback77 said:
Update on plans for Aposulli's picks. I sent an invitation to teamramrod to take over. If he wants to he will jump in anytime and make two picks and by so doing will take over. If nobody jumps in and make picks for him, when we return to Aposulli's spot PLEASE PM ravnzfan who will make the four picks (11,12, 13, and 14th rounds) then due. One of which must be a TE.

When that slot comes up again at 15th and 16th, I will make the selections.

Jeff T will make the ones for 17 and 18 and I will continue to seek volunteers for the remaining picks, if teamramrod does not take over.

Thanks for the input and let's pick up the pace.
roger that, chief!

rzrback77 said:
Update on plans for Aposulli's picks. I sent an invitation to teamramrod to take over. If he wants to he will jump in anytime and make two picks and by so doing will take over. If nobody jumps in and make picks for him, when we return to Aposulli's spot PLEASE PM ravnzfan who will make the four picks (11,12, 13, and 14th rounds) then due. One of which must be a TE.

Jeff T will make the ones for 17 and 18 and I will continue to seek volunteers for the remaining picks, if teamramrod does not take over.

roger that, chief!
Got it, as he will pick after me.

rzrback77 said:

roger that, chief!
Got it, as he will pick after me.
thanx, PC :thumbdown:

Can anyone explain Coin Flip's team to me? :lost:
I too wonder what his reasoning was. However, it strikes me that every unconventional team I've seen in these drafts outlasts a certain number of conventional drafters.
I remember when, a while back, some guy drafted like 5-6 defenses. I think he lasted until week 6 or 7, which I thought was pretty surprising.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can anyone explain Coin Flip's team to me? :lost:
I too wonder what his reasoning was. However, it strikes me that every unconventional team I've seen in these drafts outlasts a certain number of conventional drafters.
I remember when, a while back, some guy drafted like 5-6 defenses. I think he lasted until week 6 or 7, which I thought was pretty surprising.
:madviking: I'm thinking it was a SSl draft, meaning he had the schedule

after taking, IIRC LT and maybe McNabb, he had a WR or 2 plus a min of 4-D's...he had something like 1/2 his roster on bye say week 5, and felt w/his players he could get immunity that week...

...he did

it was the damdest survivor team I've ever seen and actually was reasonably successful, outlasting over 1/2 the field

5.10 Bulger QB12 (5)

7.10 Schaub QB18 (8)

1.10 L Johnson RB9 (6)

4.7 B Jacobs RB26 (4)

11.10 M Bush RB51 (5)

13.10 Chris Henry RB61 (6)

2.07 Steve Smith WR5, Car (9)

3.10 Burress WR14 (4)

8.7 Mark Clayton WR43 (10)

10.7 B Stokely WR57 (8)

6.7 V Davis TE10 (9)

9.10 Z Miller TE17 (5)

12.7 Vikings DST4 (8)

14.07 Adam Vinatieri, PK, IND ( 4)

Can't complain too much about where the bye weeks fell.

I do seem to lose a major component every week which might hurt a bid for immunity, though.

Hows 'bout you guys?

Drew Brees - 9

Vince Young - 6

Reggie Bush - 9

Rudi Johnson - 8

Felix Jones - rookie

Warrick Dunn -10

Reggie Wayne - 4

Anquan Boldin - 7

Nate Burleson - 4

Bryant Johnson - 9

Devin Hester - 8

Justin Gage - 6

Tony Scheffler - 8

Jeff King - 9

No disaster bye week problems. Week 4 and 9 are pseudo rough patches. Week 4 has 2 WRs on bye...I'll need my other WRs to perform and Boldin to be healthy. And Week 9 could be troubling with Brees, Bush (and the supporting cast of Johnson and King) on the second to last bye week.

6.10 rzrback77 - J Kitna QB13 wk4

8.10 rzrback77 - JaMarcus Russell QB22 wk5

1.7 rzrback77 - Portis RB7 wk10

2.10 rzrback77 - J Lewis RB18 wk5

14.10 rzrback77 - L Betts RB 67 wk10

3.7 rzrback77 - T Holt WR12 wk5

4.10 rzrback77 - Greg Jennings WR20 wk8

7.7 rzrback77 - V Jackson WR38 wk9

10.10 rzrback77 - D Patten WR58 wk9

11.7 rzrback77 - R Meacham WR66 wk9

12.10 rzrback77 - A Bryant WR72 wk10

5.7 rzrback77 - T Heap TE7 wk10

9.7 rzrback77 - G Olsen TE16 wk8

13.7 rzrback77 - Packers DST11 wk8

Lots of 8s and 9s

QB

2.5 P Manning QB2 4

9.12 Alex Smith QB28 9

RB

1.12 MJ Drew RB11 7

6.5 C Taylor RB33 8

8.5 D McAllister RB41 9

WR

3.12 Roy Williams WR15 4

5.12 D Mason WR27 10

7.12 J Porter WR39 7

10.5 K Walter WR56 8

13.12 Desean Jackson WR75

TE

4.5 C Cooley TE5 10

11.12 McMichael TE22 5

K

14.5 Nick Folk PK 2 10

DST

12.5 Patriots DST3 4

Loving the team even more now that I see the byes cause they arent an issue at all and pretty easy to fill the rest with no worries

4.2 Pictus Cat - C Palmer QB4(8)

9.15 Pictus Cat - R Grossman QB30(8)

15.15 Pictus Cat - Warner QB33(7)

1.15 Pictus Cat - R Grant RB14(8)

3.15 Pictus Cat - Thomas Jones RB23(5)

11.15 Pictus Cat - K Keith RB53(4)

14.2 Pictus Cat - D Sproles RB64(9)

2.2 Pictus Cat - T Owens WR2(10)

6.2 Pictus Cat - Joey Galloway - WR30(10)

7.15 Pictus Cat - D Stallworth WR40 (5)

8.2 Pictus Cat - D Branch WR41(4)

10.2 Pictus Cat - D Bennett WR55(5)

5.15 Pictus Cat - J Shockey TE8(4)

13.15 Pictus Cat - L Pope TE25(7)

16.2 Pictus Cat - Kaeding PK9(9)

17.15 Pictus Cat - Suisham, WAS PK23(10)

12.2 Pictus Cat - Bears DST2(8)

18.2 Pictus Cat - Rams DST30(5)

Lost QBs and top WRs to same late byes. Two more picks to go...

2.16 Jeff Tefertiller - Tony Romo QB3

15.1 Jeff Tefertiller - C Redman QB31

18.16 Jeff Tefertiller - S Rosenfels HOU QB38

I like this QB crew a lot. I see Romo with a huge year, and Redman will start most of the games for Atlanta. Sage is a wildcard. Schaub needs to show he can stay healthy.

1.1 Jeff Tefertiller - Tomlinson RB1

4.16 Jeff Tefertiller - J Jones RB29

7.1 Jeff Tefertiller - A Bradshaw RB36

10.16 Jeff Tefertiller - S Morris RB48

I like these RBs, too. Only speed bump will be in week four when all three not named LT have a bye week. But, my other starts have good matchups that week so I decided to roll the dice. Julius, Bradshaw and Sammy Morris all are good bets to get points each and every week.

3.1 Jeff Tefertiller - B Marshall WR11

5.1 Jeff Tefertiller - H Ward WR24

8.16 Jeff Tefertiller - Ron Curry WR47

9.1 Jeff Tefertiller - M Booker WR48

11.1 Jeff Tefertiller - S Smith NYG WR63

19.1 Jeff Tefertiller - M Furrey DET WR92

20.16 Jeff Tefertiller - J Urban ARI WR102

With little quantity, I decided the team needed seven WRs. Curry, Booker, and Furrey are all underrated in PPR. Smith and Urban are the wildcards for this WR group.

6.16 Jeff Tefertiller - O Daniels TE11

12.16 Jeff Tefertiller - Des Clark TE23

I like both TEs and felt like I got great value in both.

14.16 Jeff Tefertiller - S Graham PK6

16.16 Jeff Tefertiller - D Akers PK15

13.1 Jeff Tefertiller - Cowgirls DST7

17.1 Jeff Tefertiller - Browns DST22

Two good kickers and two decent defenses. Happy to see Cleveland upgrade personnel on defense.

Overall, I give this team a B or B-. But, it is one of those teams that is balanced enough to go a long way. A top QB and top RB, along with seven WRs, and balance should help this team score enough each week. It is still April, so who really knows anyway. I like this team ok, but still smarting over Chad Johnson and Cotchery going one pick before in the 2nd and 4th rounds respectively.

Overall, I like this team ok, but still smarting over Chad Johnson and Cotchery going one pick before in the 2nd and 4th rounds respectively.
I'm not thrilled with the talk of Johnson threatening to sit out the season, so we'll have to revisit this in November to see if you should be smarting or should be smart.

8.3 prymetyme25 - M Lienart QB21

9.14 prymetyme25 - Matt Ryan QB29

15.14 prymetyme25 - B Croyle QB32

Not overly impressed with this group of QBs. Not a huge fan of Lienart's but after Young was taken my hand was forced. Croyle should be a starter and the only QB to replace him would be Ryan IMO.

1.14 prymetyme25 - Fast Willie Parker RB13

2.3 prymetyme25 - Mahoney RB16

5.14 prymetyme25 - T Henry RB32

7.14 prymetyme25 - S Young RB38

13.14 prymetyme25 - Mike Hart RB63 Rookie

I got a good stable group of guys here and should produce on a weekly basis.

3.14 prymetyme25 - Calvin Johnson WR17

4.3 prymetyme25 - D Bowe WR19

6.3 prymetyme25 - Javon Walker WR31

11.14 prymetyme25 - L Robinson WR68

12.3 prymetyme25 - L Sweed WR69 Rookie

14.3 prymetyme25 - M Kelley WR77 Rookie

Didn't want to go this young at WR but have Boldin sniped from me made me go this route. Overall I really like this group.

10.3 prymetyme25 - B Watson TE18

19.14 prymetyme25 - M Bennett Rook TE28

Watson is solid and Bennett WILL be the best TE to come out of this draft and should be ready to play from day one.

17.14 prymetyme25 - Janikowski OAK PK22

18.3 prymetyme25 - M Nugent NYJ PK24

16.3 prymetyme25 - Texans DST18

20.3 prymetyme25 -Falcons DST32

Got the Texans DEF which I like and got stuck with the Falcons which is cool(3 years ago)lol.

I haven't looked at the bye weeks so I dont know how much trouble I'll be in yet.

5.3 Chaos Commish - McNabb QB8

9.3 Chaos Commish - T Jackson QB24

18.14 Chaos Commish - J McCown MIA QB37

Ah, I'm on the McNabb bandwagon for now. I like what Reid is saying. I like the way he looked fully healed late in the season. I think he is under the radar and can be had for less than QB8, but picking near a corner in a 16 left me little choice. I also thought Tarvaris made some great strides late in the season. With AD running it, he's bound to have great ops to throw it. Rice maturing and Berrian on the roster also help. QB24 was an easy pick for me even though some may prefer others. Bloom knows I pimped Jackson well before most had heard of him. This was my chance to own him. I expect him to outplay his pick here and break the top 20. Josh has a good shot at taking the starting job in Miami. IF Bill's coaches are like Bill, they will want the veteran to take the beating while they groom the rook. So, not being completely comfortable with TJax, I grabbed a third QB I think at least sees plenty of action, hopefully. I feel better than I should about this group, but that's why I drafted them.

1.3 Chaos Commish - S Jackson RB3

3.3 Chaos Commish - Darren McFadden RB19 Rookie

11.3 Chaos Commish - Chris Johnson RB49 Rookie

12.14 Chaos Commish - M Moore PIT RB56

20.14 Chaos Commish - N Davenport PIT RB80

Nice to pick early and have a stud RB on the team. I think McFadden is going to be fine and should easily outplay his RB19 placement here. We'll see where he lands. Chris Johnson was a target at the beginning of this thing and I am having second thoughts approaching the draft, but I love his ability to catch the ball. A team who drafts him is likely to find a use for him, and he could be very good. I have my eye on the Steeler backfield with Parker going over 300 carries and breaking down. Moore and Davenport could help me out. They could draft someone and I could be in big trouble here. R B depth is just tough to fill out in a 16 like this. I did what I thought was best, but I'm not comfortable here.

2.14 Chaos Commish - M Colston WR9

6.14 Chaos Commish - A Gonzalez WR35

7.3 Chaos Commish - S Rice WR36

10.14 Chaos Commish - James Jones WR61

14.14 Chaos Commish - James Hardy WR81 Rookie

19.3 Chaos Commish -M Clayton TB WR92

Colston is probably my favorite receiver in the NFL. I have him ranked #3 for redrafts this year. I didn't hesitate to pick him over Chad when I took over this team. Gonzalez, Rice, Jones? Have I never heard of a sophomore slump? Interesting guys. Gonzo is pretty worthless if Harrison is good to go. But I like my chances at some point in the season if Marvin is okay anyway. Rice is a guy I think has elite WR upside and the above case for Jackson is also my case for Rice. The Vikes might be pretty good. Jones is another player I pimped very early, own in all my leagues and have very high expectations for. Like Gonzo he needs a little help in the lineup, but I think his talent level is so high he should be a big part of the Rodgers' era regardless and starting this year. Hardy is my #1 rookie WR, so... we'll see how he does. Clayton has suppsoedly lost weight to rediscover his rookie form. At WR92 you have to find something to hope for. Like the RBs, I feel like I did the best I could, but I didn't come away feeling confident.

4.14 Chaos Commish - Dallas Clark TE6

8.14 Chaos Commish - LJ Smith TE15

I've been waiting for LJ to have his big season for a long time. The Eagles tagged him, which surprised me, so I decided to reach a little and give him another shot here along with McNabb. It could be a good combo. It could backfire. I loved the way the Colts used Clark last year when Harrison was down. I think he just improves and it keeps me taking nips out of that offense.

15.3 Chaos Commish - Bironas PK7

17.3 Chaos Commish - L Tynes NYG PK16

13.3 Chaos Commish - Giants DST9

16.14 Chaos Commish - Broncos DST21

I'm an IDP guy and these are the only team Ds I will draft unless I do another survivor. So this was a bit of throwing darts at the wall and hoping for the best. I do like the Giants to lead the league in sacks, and I do like the Broncos getting 4 cracks at Croyle and Russell, so that's the kind of stuff that swayed my thinking. Not a big fan of kickers either so I picked a couple.

Good luck all!

05.02 - Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB7 4

07.02 - David Garrard JAC QB15 7

I'm not a huge fan at drafting near the turn in these bigger leagues, as normally you get to take a guy that falls that should have (which is a good thin) but have to preemptively take someone else with your follow up pick if there is either a) someone you really want but will have no chance of getting next time around or b) can very easily be on the wrong side of a positional run. IMO, Hasselbeck was the last of a tier of QBs at a certain scoring level and really wanted him. I was not in love with Garrard (as I think he won't be as effective this year) but I was concerned that by my 8.15 pick a lot of QBs would have come off the board. He was the highest rated QB left on my list at the time so I grabbed him. I would have preferred to have taken another QB (someone like Croyle or or Redman) later on but given the way things worked out draft and bye week wise I couldn't swing it. I haven't looked at all the rosters yet, but IMO I should have decent QB scoring most weeks.

01.02 - Adrian Peterson MIN RB2 8

06.15 - Chris Brown HOU RB35 8

08.15 - Kenny Watson CIN RB42 8

12.15 - Ricky Williams MIA RB57 4

15.02 - Kevin Jones FA RB67 ?

Long story short, if ADP is healthy I should be ok. If he gets hurt, who knows. All the RBs I had targeted went a few picks before me and IMO there was better value left at other positions than scrambling to take a mediocre RB. A lot will also depend on what HOU and CIN do on draft day. I don't see Ronnie Brown coming back 100% this year, so Ricky could see some touches. I have similar concerns about Kevin Jones but if he is healthy enough to play he should land somewhere, especially if a team has someone get hurt in training camp. Worth the risk in the 15th in my book. Given the limited number of RBs in the NFL, RB2 has traditionally been a spot that teams in these types of leagues can get by with minimal scoring. The bye weeks certainly didn't help and caused me to take RW and Jones when I probably didn't really want them (but had no choice to add RB). Normally I would only draft 4 RBs.

02.15 - Chad Johnson CIN WR10

04.15 - Jerricho Cotchery NYJ WR23

09.02 - Roydell Williams TEN WR49

10.15 - Ernest Wilford MIA WR62

11.02 - Mark Bradley CHI WR64

18.15 - Chad Jackson NE WR91

Place your bets as to what happens with Ocho Cinco. Originally I thought he would back off and would eventually play nice and stay in CIN. Now I think he'll be traded, so who the heck knows what that will do to his numbers. Cotchery is pretty consistent and should again be fairly predictable and reliable. Williams, Wilford, and Bradley should all do better than they have in the past due to more opportunities and climbing the depth chart. I think Jackson will have every chance to become a starter in NE as I don't believe the Pats really think Gaffney is starting material. I think Jackson could produce what Stallworth did last year, so getting him in the 90s would be a steal.

03.02 - Tony Gonzalez KCC TE2

14.15 - Eric Johnson NO TE26

Gonzo is $$$ in 16-team, 2 PPR leagues. I wanted to go with just him, but since no one pulled the trigger on Jackson I felt he was too valuable to leave on the table. I don't think Shockey will get traded to the Saints, and EJ has proven that he can catch a lot of really short balls for pretty much very limited yardage. He ranked 16th in ppg last year, so if Gonzalez has an off week he could be a decent #2 (if healthy).

13.02 - Baltimore Ravens Def/ST8

17.02 - Buffalo Bills Def/ST23

19.02 - Detroit Lions Def/ST31

The kicker run in the 17th and 18th rounds really killed me, as at that point there were no PK with solid jobs left. I opted to add a 3rd defense, as defenses while not sexy picks are guaranteed to score a fair amount of points (and in terms of position players who can you really say that about after 275 picks).

16.15 - Jason Hanson PK14

20.15 - Matt Prater DEN PK32

Had to bite the bullet and take Prater but I'm not really convinced that he'll be kicking in DEN this year. Hopefully they'll at least let him compete for the job. Almost went with only 1 PK but couldn't find someone I really wanted at another position.

Overall, I don't love or hate this team, and it should do well enough to hang around awhile. I really didn't load up on anyone that is mostly a wish or a prayer and took no rookies. That generally has worked well in the past for me.

I was looking to build a team to go the distance or go out early rather than split the difference.

5.4 Sigmund Bloom - D Anderson QB9

7.4 Sigmund Bloom - A Rodgers QB16

At 6 Pts per passing TD, I wanted to get a strong combo. I see one of Anderson/Rodgers being in the top 5 in any given week and expect to be in the top 3 or 4 QB scoring as long as Rodgers stays healthy.

1.4 Sigmund Bloom - Westbrook RB4

4.13 Sigmund Bloom - J Stewart RB28 Rookie

6.13 Sigmund Bloom - J Fargas RB34

12.13 Sigmund Bloom - M Forte RB55

19.4 Sigmund Bloom - TJ Duckett SEA RB70

I underestimated the chances of McFadden becoming a Raider, but Stewart could easily bail me out. If McFadden is not a Raider, I should be in fine shape at RB. Forte could land in a plum spot, and Duckett should at least collect the TDs in Seattle as an insurance policy.

2.13 Sigmund Bllom - Andre Johnson WR8

8.13 Sigmund Bloom - D J Hackett WR 46

9.4 Sigmund Bloom - T Ginn Jr WR50

10.13 Sigmund Bloom - J Gaffney WR60

11.4 Sigmund Bloom - A Randle-EL WR65

14.13 Sigmund Bloom - Devin Thomas WR80 Rookie

15.4 Sigmund Bloom - Dem Williams WR82

20.13 Sigmund Bloom - Early Doucet Rook WR101

My plan here was to get 4 or 5 WRs after Andre to each pitch in 4-6 weeks and a couple of high upside rooks. I was psyched to get Gaffney, who should be in all 3 WR sets and could easily score in my lineup 6-8 weeks. ARE is also underrated in PPR.

3.4 Sigmund Bloom - J Witten TE3

After I saw Witten had a week 10 bye I was fine rolling with him instead of spending a decent pick on a backup who would probably only score 2-3 weeks or a late pick of a TE who might only score in week 10 instead of bolstering RB or TE.

16.13 Sigmund Bloom - J Reed PK13

18.13 Sigmund Bloom - M Gramatica NO PK30

13.4 Sigmund Bloom - Jaguars DST10

17.4 Sigmund Bloom - Jets DST24

Watch out for the Jags with Gregg Williams at the helm. I really wanted the Bills as my DEF2. :bs:

6.10- J Kitna QB13 wk4

8.10 - JaMarcus Russell QB22 wk5

16.10 - John Beck wk4

QBs are kind of weak, but I have one (kitna) that could start out strong and one (Russell) that should play allyear. I hope that ifonr of those two get injured or kitnagets benched that Beeck can fill in. Weak link of the squad.

1.7 - Portis RB7 wk10

2.10 - J Lewis RB18 wk5

14.10 - L Betts RB 67 wk10

19.07 - D Ward wk4

Really like Portis and Lewis, especially drafting from the seventh slot. Grabbed Betts veery late as insurance and added D Ward sinethe Skins had such a late bye. At a position that is frequently weak in 16-teamers, I like this group.

3.7 - T Holt WR12 wk5

4.10 - Greg Jennings WR20 wk8

7.7 - V Jackson WR38 wk9

10.10 - D Patten WR58 wk9

11.7 - R Meacham WR66 wk9

12.10 - A Bryant WR72 wk10

20.10 - A Davis wk8

I like to have WR depth and prefer to have eight in this format. Love Holt, but he is getting up there and has knee issues. Jennings is a big play guy great in this format. Ditto VJax and liked how he came on at the end of last year. Grabbed the two Saints that I like for #2 there. A Bryant is a prayer. Had a list of four for my last pick and Davis was last, so y'all snatched my others. Decent cast with several big play types.

5.7 - T Heap TE7 wk10

9.7 - G Olsen TE16 wk8

If Heap is healthy, I have a top TE crew.

17.7 - Stover

18-10 - Feeley wk4

Decent kickers even though I waited a while.

13.7 - Packers DST11 wk8

15.7 Eagles DSTwk7

Two nice defenses.

Decent team that hopefully will compete. Please offer critiques if you have time.

6.10- J Kitna QB13 wk48.10 - JaMarcus Russell QB22 wk516.10 - John Beck wk4QBs are kind of weak, but I have one (kitna) that could start out strong and one (Russell) that should play allyear. I hope that ifonr of those two get injured or kitnagets benched that Beeck can fill in. Weak link of the squad.1.7 - Portis RB7 wk102.10 - J Lewis RB18 wk514.10 - L Betts RB 67 wk1019.07 - D Ward wk4Really like Portis and Lewis, especially drafting from the seventh slot. Grabbed Betts veery late as insurance and added D Ward sinethe Skins had such a late bye. At a position that is frequently weak in 16-teamers, I like this group.3.7 - T Holt WR12 wk54.10 - Greg Jennings WR20 wk87.7 - V Jackson WR38 wk910.10 - D Patten WR58 wk911.7 - R Meacham WR66 wk912.10 - A Bryant WR72 wk1020.10 - A Davis wk8I like to have WR depth and prefer to have eight in this format. Love Holt, but he is getting up there and has knee issues. Jennings is a big play guy great in this format. Ditto VJax and liked how he came on at the end of last year. Grabbed the two Saints that I like for #2 there. A Bryant is a prayer. Had a list of four for my last pick and Davis was last, so y'all snatched my others. Decent cast with several big play types.5.7 - T Heap TE7 wk109.7 - G Olsen TE16 wk8If Heap is healthy, I have a top TE crew.17.7 - Stover18-10 - Feeley wk4Decent kickers even though I waited a while.13.7 - Packers DST11 wk815.7 Eagles DSTwk7Two nice defenses.Decent team that hopefully will compete. Please offer critiques if you have time.
Don't like the Beck pick as I don't think he offers your team any help. At RB you better hope Lewis stays healty otherwise wk10 will be a #####. You needed one more RB. WR is loaded and will make up for a bunch of sins elsewhere. Wow kickers went late in this league. Your strong at the TE/K/D trash positions. Drop Beck and Davis for two more RBs and this team would have been much stronger.

I lasted longer than I thought last year but that was with a lot of luck. Too many rooks, too many reaches, and falling for too much hype. This year was about letting value fall to me and limit the rookies. Here's hoping for the best.

5.10 - Bulger QB12

7.10 - Schaub QB18

18.7 - B Quinn CLE QB37

QBBC! Last year drafted VY based on the hype. The only thing that got me as far as I did was the drafting of Derek Anderson late. Since I can't count on that kind of luck every year, I drafted a couple guys with a solid floor. Bulger and Shaub are close enough they may alternate my QB points on a weekly basis. And as much as Anderson helped me last year, I think he's a fraud. Its only a matter of time before he INTs himself out of a job and Quinn gets the keys to a real muscle car.

1.10 - L Johnson RB9

4.7 - B Jacobs RB26

11.10 - M Bush RB51

13.10 - Chris Henry RB61

16.7 - K Smith RB68 Rookie

Johnson certainly dropped. He really doesn't have anything different about/around him than last year when he was highly thought of. Only this year, the Chiefs know they need to address the line and I'm confident they will. Also both he and Jacobs are better ppr guys than given credit for. Bush and Henry were taken not so much because I like them, but rather because I have little faith in Fargas and Lendale - I just need Johnson and Jacobs to function until these kids get their shot.

2.07 - Steve Smith WR5, Car

3.10 - Burress WR14

8.7 - Mark Clayton WR43

10.7 - B Stokely WR57

15.10 - D Darling WR85

19.10 - N Washington PIT WR93

I just let value fall to me. Steve Smith is still a fiery weapon, and like the Chiefs learning from their shortcomings, the Panthers will have a better quarterback situation this year. Why did Burress fall? He produced nicely on a sprained ankle all year. Now he'll be healthy. Clayton was injured most of the year, but he's still a very talented receiver - value. In ppr, last year Stokely and Washington outproduced many WR2s, so I'm feeling pretty good about them. Darling is my darkhorse this year.

6.7 - V Davis TE10

9.10 - Z Miller TE17

I like what I have here considering I held off on the position longer than I should have. Davis will have to show me the goods before I get too excited, but if he stumbles I like the chemistry Miller developed will Russell at the end of last year.

14.7 - Vinatieri PK4

20.7 - T Mehlhaff Rook PK31

Rather than scrape up a dogmeat kicker on a dogmeatier team, I'll take a guy who will get drafted and take one of your kicker's jobs. Ha! Pwn.

12.7 - Vikings DST4

17.10 - Redskins DST25

The Vikes will outproduce every defense this year in fantasy play. All the more so since they landed Allen. On their bye week, the Redskins face Detroit and history says they'll score 234651234 points for me that week.

Being near the end again, I tried to let the draft come to me and grab players/positions that fell to me. I tried not to reach and tried to avoid drafting a certain position to be ahead of any runs that may or may not come. Too many times, I’ve guessed wrong and grabbed a QB only to see 20 WRs go and only 2 QBs go. This strategy allowed me to get some value on many of my picks, as I got most of my picks at a later draft spot than their average PDSL ADP. But this strategy had it’s fallbacks also…since I didn’t really reach for players I wanted, I missed out on many players that I could have had…and probably wanted more than the actual player I took.

4.4 Shadowfax - D Brees QB5

7.13 Shadowfax - V Young QB20

Brees is elite and Young should only score on his good games. Good thing I don’t have to pick those weeks. Since I took Brees relatively early (4.04), I thought about waiting on QB2 but I knew I’d have to draft one in the next round or two and my next WR tier was huge so I went with Vince at 7.13. As long as Brees doesn’t have a stretch like last year, I should have top 3 QB scoring most weeks IMO.

1.13 Shadowfax - R Bush RB12

5.13 Shadowfax - Rudi Johnson RB31

10.4 Shadowfax - Felix Jones RB43 Rookie

14.4 Shadowfax - W Dunn RB65

19.13 Shadowfax - Adrian Peterson CHI RB76

While there are some concerns with Bush, I couldn’t pass on him in a PPR league as RB12. I waited on RB2, as I don’t think it’s as huge a need in these leagues. And I think there are some good options that can be had in later rounds. I’m banking on Rudi to rebound and hopefully Felix will land in a decent spot. I don’t expect more than a couple points each week out of Dunn but Peterson (Chi) could get a decent amount of work, as Benson sucks. Looking back, I really like getting him at 19.13 when he went 11.16, 11.13 and 15.05 in the other leagues. Not tops in the league but I think I’m fine here at RB.

2.4 Shadowfax - R Wayne WR3

3.13 Shadowfax - A Boldin WR16

8.4 Shadowfax - N Burleson WR42

9.13 Shadowfax - Bryant Johnson WR53

11.13 Shadowfax - D Hester WR67

12.4 Shadowfax - J Gage WR70

20.4 Shadowfax - D Carter OAK WR96

I think one can have a good advantage at WR with 7-8 WRs with 2 good top WRs…it helps if one of your longshots come through. Wayne and Boldin should be a good 1-2 punch, as long as Boldin stays on the field…with whatever team. I think Burleson sees lots of playing time with or w/o Branch and will score for me many weeks. Bjohnson is a question mark in SF. He gets a chance to show his stuff but I’m not confidant he will…but the potential is there and worth it in the 9th round. Hester can score and should be good in these leagues for those weeks. If he can develop more there’s not a lot of talent in front of him and the Bears have said he will compete for a starting job. With the gamble of Hester, I wanted another solid, unspectacular WR and Gage fits that bill. He was WR 48 last year and I got him at WR70. His numbers may dip a bit if Crumpler and Jones are healthy. At WR96, there really are no other options but WRs with upside. Carter has that upside. Nothing wrong with a WR that can go deep and has a QB with a strong arm….now he just has to catch it. Got a mixture of studs, steady and potential and no bye week problems.

6.4 Shadowfax - T Scheffler TE9

13.13 Shadowfax - Jeff King TE24

I really like Scheffler this year, as do many other people it seems. He really seemed to click with Cutler. I can see Scheff being the #2 passing option in Denver. TE2s really seemed to lag in this league so I kept waiting until I felt I had to pull the trigger. I was hoping for Miller or Olsen but had to settle for King. King had a good first couple of games with Jake but now that Carolina has added Moose and Hackett, I’m not optimistic King will be much of a factor. Thought about EJ, but with Brees and Bush, I couldn’t afford another Saint.

16.4 Shadowfax - Scobee PK10

18.4 Shadowfax - M Bryant CLE PK25

15.13 Shadowfax - Raiders DST16

17.13 Shadowfax - Dolphins DST29

Went into my draft knowing I would wait and draft the lower tiers of kickers and defenses. I don’t see much of an advantage to drafting kickers early…although I have done it. As long as you get 2 kickers with solid jobs, you should be fine. But that’s the problem if you wait too long…as the last 5-7 kickers usually don’t have job security. Oakland and Miami, while not great, should have better seasons next year. None of my K/DST share byes.

Thanks to all that hung in thereand got this one completed. Special thanks to Pictus for setting up this thread and for Chaos for jumping in as a replacement and for spearheading our last thread when I was gone. Appreciate all the FBG Staffers for their participation.

Enjoy the draft this weekend and hopefully more comments on the teams.

Ok i know this what alot of u have been waiting for

QB

2.5 restless natives - P Manning QB2

9.12 restless natives - Alex Smith QB28

Well with Peyton who can complain. Hopefully Smith is still starting when Peyton is on his bye. I should be just fine here

RB

1.12 restless natives - MJ Drew RB11

6.5 restless natives - C Taylor RB33

8.5 restless natives - D McAllister RB41

19.12 restless natives - T Choice Rook RB75

20.5 restless natives - B Leonard SL RB78

MJD should put up good numbers and rest should fill in just fine. Probably should have drafted Peterson in the 19th but i totally forgot about him.

WR

3.12 restless natives - Roy Williams WR15

5.12 restless natives - D Mason WR27

7.12 restless natives - J Porter WR39

10.5 restless natives - K Walter WR56

13.12 restless natives - Desean Jackson WR75

15.12 restless natives - Derek Hagan WR86

18.5 restless natives - M Jones JAC WR88

Well this is probably my worst set of recievers yet but i believe that they will fair just fine.

TE

4.5 restless natives - C Cooley TE5

11.12 restless natives - McMichael TE22

Got one of the better TEs in the game and McMichael should keep me from getting any zeroes

PK

16.5 restless natives - Rackers PK11

14.5 restless natives - Folk PK2

I got 2 of them

DST

12.5 restless natives - Patriots DST3

17.12 restless natives - Chiefs DST26

Probably should have waited on them NE but I think they will still be a very solid DEF

Overall i see this being a pretty solid team tha should go pretty deep

To keep track:

QB: E Manning (4), Delhomme (9)

RB: Gore (9), DeAngelo Williams (9), L Washington (5), DeShaun Foster (9), L Jordan (5), M Morris (4)

WR: Fitzgerald (7), Welker (4), Curtis (7), Reggie Williams (7), Muhammad (9), Jacoby Jones (8), Jenkins (7)

TE: Donald Lee (8), Boss (4)

K: Elam (7), Longwell (8)

DEF: Titans (6)

To keep track:

QB: E Manning (4), Delhomme (9)

RB: Gore (9), DeAngelo Williams (9), L Washington (5), DeShaun Foster (9), L Jordan (5), M Morris (4)

WR: Fitzgerald (7), Welker (4), Curtis (7), Reggie Williams (7), Muhammad (9), Jacoby Jones (8), Jenkins (7)

TE: Donald Lee (8), Boss (4)

K: Elam (7), Longwell (8)

DEF: Titans (6)

6.10 rzrback77 - J Kitna QB13 (4)

8.10 rzrback77 - JaMarcus Russell QB22 (5)

16.10 rzrback77 - J Beck QB34 (4) might have wasted this one

1.7 rzrback77 - Portis RB7 (10)

2.10 rzrback77 - J Lewis RB18 (5)

14.10 rzrback77 - L Betts RB66 (10)

19.7 rzrback77 - D Ward RB, NYG RB73 (4)

3.7 rzrback77 - T Holt WR12 (5)

4.10 rzrback77 - Greg Jennings WR20 (8)

7.7 rzrback77 - V Jackson WR38 (9)

10.10 rzrback77 - D Patten WR58 (9)

11.7 rzrback77 - R Meacham WR66 (9)

12.10 rzrback77 - A Bryant WR72 (10)

20.10 rzrback77 - Andre Davis HOU WR98 (8)

5.7 rzrback77 - T Heap TE7 (10)

9.7 rzrback77 - G Olsen TE16 (8)

17.7 rzrback77 - M Stover BAL PK18 (10)

18.10 rzrback77 - J Feely MIA PK28 (4)

13.7 rzrback77 - Packers DST11 (8)

15.7 rzrback77 - Eagles DST14 (7)

Need the QBs to give me a "JB Step-up", but the rest of the squad still looks solid.

Since you brought yourself back to the forefront . . .

6.10 rzrback77 - J Kitna QB13 (4)

8.10 rzrback77 - JaMarcus Russell QB22 (5)

16.10 rzrback77 - J Beck QB34 (4) might have wasted this one

You'd best get these guys to rotate good weeks, as I don't see a QB1 in the mix here (even for a 16-team league. With Martz gone I see the Lions not passing as much or as well. Your saving grace may be that they probably won't run any better either, making them have to pass to move the ball. If Detroit falls out of playoff contention, Kitna may not keep the job all year. The other guys obviously are unproven, which probably is not a plus at this stage.

1.7 rzrback77 - Portis RB7 (10)

2.10 rzrback77 - J Lewis RB18 (5)

14.10 rzrback77 - L Betts RB66 (10)

19.7 rzrback77 - D Ward RB, NYG RB73 (4)

Portis and Lewis are on of the best combos in the league. If you need the other guys to score, you are in trouble. Should be fine in a league htis big.

3.7 rzrback77 - T Holt WR12 (5)

4.10 rzrback77 - Greg Jennings WR20 (8)

7.7 rzrback77 - V Jackson WR38 (9)

10.10 rzrback77 - D Patten WR58 (9)

11.7 rzrback77 - R Meacham WR66 (9)

12.10 rzrback77 - A Bryant WR72 (10)

20.10 rzrback77 - Andre Davis HOU WR98 (8)

Jennings is a better Survivor option than a norml league, as his big weeks will count and the ones where he doesn't score won't kill you. I think his TD total takes a hit, but we'll have to see who the GB QB is before I can tell better what to expect. You should get a decent score each week from either Patten or Meacham. The other guys could be passed over in their collective offenses (but could also have a couple decent weeks).

5.7 rzrback77 - T Heap TE7 (10)

9.7 rzrback77 - G Olsen TE16 (8)

You invested a fair amount in the TE spot, so Heap needs to be healthier this year or this strategy may not pan out.

17.7 rzrback77 - M Stover BAL PK18 (10)

18.10 rzrback77 - J Feely MIA PK28 (4)

They're kickers on two teams that won't score many points.

13.7 rzrback77 - Packers DST11 (8)

15.7 rzrback77 - Eagles DST14 (7)

They're defenses, and unless you get one of the top few I don't think defenses make a huge difference in these style leagues.

I still don't see any major deficiencies, but yo'll need the QB spot to score consistently to last.

Revisiting . . .

05.02 - Matt Hasselbeck SEA QB7 4

07.02 - David Garrard JAC QB15 7

I have concerns about the Seattle receivers. Very few are healthy and the rest are unproven. I don't see Hass having a Top 5 let alone Top 10 season at this point. Some people love the outlook for Garrard. I hope they are right, but I still think of JAX as a premiere running team.

01.02 - Adrian Peterson MIN RB2 8

06.15 - Chris Brown HOU RB35 8

08.15 - Kenny Watson CIN RB42 8

12.15 - Ricky Williams MIA RB57 4

15.02 - Kevin Jones CHI RB67

This group seems to have gotten stronger in the last few months. ADP is still a threat to rank #1. Brown may be the starter in HOU with Green banged up. Williams has been drawing rave reviews and Brown has been dinged up some. Jones seems healthier than expected and signed on a team that may give him the ball a far amount if he's healthy.

02.15 - Chad Johnson CIN WR10

04.15 - Jerricho Cotchery NYJ WR23

09.02 - Roydell Williams TEN WR49

10.15 - Ernest Wilford MIA WR62

11.02 - Mark Bradley CHI WR64

18.15 - Chad Jackson NE WR91

As much as the RBs looked to improved, this group looks to have regressed. Williams is still hurt and might not even make the team. Wilford got benched before even getting a chance to start. Bradley is mired in a mess of WR options in CHI. Jackson has not been as productive as he was earlier in camp and looks like the Pats #4 WR for now. And Chad got hurt last night.

03.02 - Tony Gonzalez KCC TE2

14.15 - Eric Johnson NO TE26

Gonzo is still $$$ in 16-team, 2 PPR leagues. After enduring a million trade talks for Shockey, it finally happened and Johnson got the ax. Maybe he'll sign somewhere soon, but it looks like a goose egg out of this pick.

13.02 - Baltimore Ravens Def/ST8

17.02 - Buffalo Bills Def/ST23

19.02 - Detroit Lions Def/ST31

Ravens should be ok, Bills seem to be somewhat improved, Lions still not great.

16.15 - Jason Hanson PK14

20.15 - Matt Prater DEN PK32

Hanson has been consistent over the years and Prater has had a great camp, so I might have lucked out with him.

Overall, the receivers to this point have not panned out and unless a couple of them get more playing time than they are slated to get now, this will be a problem scoring wise.

Users who are viewing this thread