What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

. (1 Viewer)

Considering the 5th tool in this case could be the ######, I'm gonna agree with your friend.
If you saw this girl, you wouldn't be so certain.
If I was hammered at a bar and she was tall and heterosexual, I'm certain I'd be certain.
We are talking about a hardcore softball player here.... To answer the original question... while 5-tool player is a term that is pretty much exclusive to baseball, your buddy was probably just trying to convey that she can play all areas of the game well. Considering it was for a local media outlet, he got his point across, and no real harm was done..... I wouldn't ride him too hard about it.

chillax.

Maybe if you were Grady Sizemore, then i could see why you would have a problem with it. But your just a Raider fan on a football message board, this shouldn't be bothering you.

Last edited:
right, no softball player could run, throw, hit for average, hit for power and field.

impossible.
But it's ridiculous to even USE that term for softball. Doesn't anyone get that?There are 16 guys at the bar down the street from me right now who are 5-tool players in softball. Even drunk.

It's much harder to develop those five tools in the game for which the phrase was invented -- baseball.

It's like saying Kobe Bryant has an excellent slap shot. What difference does it make?

right, no softball player could run, throw, hit for average, hit for power and field.

impossible.
But it's ridiculous to even USE that term for softball. Doesn't anyone get that?There are 16 guys at the bar down the street from me right now who are 5-tool players in softball. Even drunk.

It's much harder to develop those five tools in the game for which the phrase was invented -- baseball.

It's like saying Kobe Bryant has an excellent slap shot. What difference does it make?
Softball is a lot more similar to baseball than Basketball is to Hockey. Does anyone get that?

impossible.

are you drunk again?

I don't see any problem with it. You're interpretation of the term and what it actually means are two different things.

Hit for average, hit for power, run, throw, field. You can do all of these things in softball.

impossible.

It's not like it's some dude in beer league softball being called a five-tool player, it's a girl playing a girls sport. I see nothing wrong with it.

Users who are viewing this thread