Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kaso

What are you currently reading?

I am not a fiction type of guy. Needs to be about a true event, a biography of somesort, or a book to teach me how to do something. Maybe better how to better my finances, a different hobby, or....?

So whatchya got... I was looking online tonight and can't seem to key in on anything that really stands out.

I'm reading PJ O'Rouke on The Wealth of Nations. Because:

1) I'm a big PJ O'Rourke fan and

2) I don't have the patience to read The Wealth of Nations

Pretty good so far. That Adam Smith was smart.

What is the What - Dave Eggers (author of A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius)

odyssey from his village in the southern Sudan to temporary shelter in Ethiopia to a vast refugee camp in Kenya and finally to Atlanta is a nightmare of chaos and carnage punctuated by periods of relative peace lasting just long enough for him to catch his breath.

NY Times book review

"Rammer Jammer Yellow Hammer"

Writer spends the 1999 season with fanatics who take RVs to every Alabama Crimson Tide game.

Excellent book... almost done with it.

"Lights-out at the Boy's School" by the husband and wife team Holden and Sharon Cox

What is the What - Dave Eggers (author of A Heartbreaking Work of Staggering Genius)

odyssey from his village in the southern Sudan to temporary shelter in Ethiopia to a vast refugee camp in Kenya and finally to Atlanta is a nightmare of chaos and carnage punctuated by periods of relative peace lasting just long enough for him to catch his breath.

NY Times book review
He has the mad writing skillz, but he's a little too twentysomething for me, and can be somewhat plodding. I read Heartbreaking Work and Velocity. They were ok, and in some parts very enjoyable, but I think I'm done with Eggers. Let me know if What is any better than those two.

I am not a fiction type of guy. Needs to be about a true event, a biography of somesort, or a book to teach me how to do something. Maybe better how to better my finances, a different hobby, or....?So whatchya got... I was looking online tonight and can't seem to key in on anything that really stands out.

I've heard from a few friends that Quiet Strength by Tony Dungy is an excellent read, and fits the criteria for what you're looking for. :shrug:

Just finished Lamb, by Christopher Moore. Tells the story of Jesus' life before he turned 30, from the perspective of his childhood pal, Biff. I can't remember the last time I laughed as much as I did reading this. Very funny.

I know you said it had to be non-fiction, but I don't think anyone, at this time, can prove this is fiction.

Moving onto his gay vampire book, You Suck.

I'm reading Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.

I'm reading Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace . . . One School at a Time by Greg Mortenson and David Oliver Relin.

My mom, a former teacher, raves about that book and has convinced me I need to read it.

I am not a fiction type of guy. Needs to be about a true event, a biography of somesort, or a book to teach me how to do something. Maybe better how to better my finances, a different hobby, or....?So whatchya got... I was looking online tonight and can't seem to key in on anything that really stands out.

Four good non-fiction books I read in the last few weeks:WarImperial Life in the Emerald CityThe Big ShortThe President, the Pope and the Prime Minister

Just finished Lamb, by Christopher Moore. Tells the story of Jesus' life before he turned 30, from the perspective of his childhood pal, Biff. I can't remember the last time I laughed as much as I did reading this. Very funny.

I know you said it had to be non-fiction, but I don't think anyone, at this time, can prove this is fiction.

Moving onto his gay vampire book, You Suck.

:goodposting: Christopher Moore books are great.