What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

WSL2 final rounds! (1 Viewer)

WR Rashied Davis, CHI
like this pick Rudscame close to snaggin him at the end of wsl1 wish I had now
I also strongly considered him at 19.09.
I don't get the appeal of him - what's with the concensus :shrug: ?Just a good gamble, or more than that?
Seems like good baseline value to add to a survivor style WR corps. Seems likely to perform as well as most of the WRs selected in the last few rounds.

Finished as WR 70 in 2008 FBG scoring.
I'll hold my thoughts on that for when we're done - remind me.

I have BusMan's picks in addition to renesauz.

Anyone else who cares to drop a list for their last 1-2 picks, go ahead. Just say you're doing it in this thread.

I will try and close this thing tomorrow if at all possible.

I have valence's 20th now too.

So that makes me the holder of 5 of the final 15 picks I believe (Me, renesauz, JohnDoe, Busman and valence).

Somehow I can keep all of this straight (and hopefully all lists are deep enough).

Last edited by a moderator:
JohnDoe takes:

20.04 Kellen Clemens, QB, NYJ

His top 3 on his list included 2 players already taken (near as I can tell):

1. Devin Thomas

2. Michael Clayton

3. Kellen Clemens

So he gets Clemens.

I wish I had two picks left, not one.

I see 2 RBs and a WR that I'd like to have, and I'm unsure which I need more.

Knowing what I know about these leagues, I'm leaning more to WR8 than RB5, as crazy as that may seem.

Give me a few minutes to think on it - didn't think all these guys would still be here.

Okay, bigger upside.

I'll gladly share all 3 names after the final pick.

So I will close my WSL2 team with:

20.10 Darrius Heyward-Bey, WR, Maryland / ROOKIE

Okay, bigger upside.

I was considering him too, but went with an RB5 instead with TJ Duckett. There was also another rookie RB in the mix.I tend to play things a little more conservtaive in the WSL. Heyward-Bey is a little raw and may take some time to develop, which made me lean toward Duckett. The down side is I am left with only 6 WRs which is a little on the risky side.

Okay, bigger upside.

I was considering him too, but went with an RB5 instead with TJ Duckett. There was also another rookie RB in the mix.I tend to play things a little more conservtaive in the WSL. Heyward-Bey is a little raw and may take some time to develop, which made me lean toward Duckett. The down side is I am left with only 6 WRs which is a little on the risky side.
What swayed me is that (A) I think my Top 2 RBs are likely to carry me the whole way (assuming health of course), (B) both RBs I was considering would need some luck to really get enoug playing time to be a big contributor. © doesn't work so I'll say ("C") and add in that I think while DHB is my WR8 I wouldn't be surprised to see 2-3 rookie WRs step up and majorly contribute in 2009. The league already supports it and the relative dearth of WR talent (along with a relative glut at RB that means RBBC on most teams) means to me that WRs will go often on Day 1 of the NFL Draft to teams that need WR help and will give rookies every chance to succeed and contribute.Lastly, I took 2 rookie WRs late for WR7 and WR8. Playing the "major upside" card and also mitigating risk by taking 2 WRs who likely could go to teams that need a WR in Round 1.

20.15 ANDRE CALDWELL, WR, CINCINNATI BENGALS

Another WR I like late this season. If Housh leaves town, he might have a shot to put up some decent numbers.

Users who are viewing this thread