What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

REUNION Teams and Discussions (1 Viewer)

Can someone remind me of the playoff rules (other than who makes it in, since it was explained earlier)?

Can someone remind me of the playoff rules (other than who makes it in, since it was explained earlier)?
Wk 14 - The two wildcards(top 2 scorers) from each division match up along division lines So right now it would be Sinrman v Team Legacy and Rzrback v Valence.Wk 15 is Div winner(by record) v Wildcard WinnerWk 16 Finale.

Wk 14 - The two wildcards(top 2 scorers) from each division match up along division lines So right now it would be Sinrman v Team Legacy and Rzrback v Valence.Wk 15 is Div winner(by record) v Wildcard WinnerWk 16 Finale.
So, wait you're saying I'm in the hunt to be 3-time, 3-peat, DEFENDING CHAMPION!! OH BOY GOODY GOODY...

When you can walk the walk, you get a pass to talk. Congrats on the last two. Hopefully two will be the end of that streak!

When you can walk the walk, you get a pass to talk. Congrats on the last two. Hopefully two will be the end of that streak!
:ninja: , but honestly, I whiffed big time on 2 of my first 4 picks. Westbrook and Roy. That spells certain disaster unless something changes in a hurry!

Another week, another boring Monday, as even the "close" matches aren't likely to change.

No, the only change is the top of the Freaks division, as Sinrman has passed PAE, although it's semantics as PAE is still in playoff position.

This is unlike the Addicts, as I've passed Valence in points. But it's still tight enough to be wide open with 3 weeks left to go in the regular season.

Playoff Hunt:

Freaks Division

Sinrman - Top scorer, 86 pt lead over #4. Pretty safe. (Grouse(7-4) and Shadowmaster(8-3) final two games)

PAE - 3rd scorer right now, 5 pt lead over #4 Needs to win division to lock playoffs (Rzrback(6-5) & Old Mil(2-9) (easiest 2 games)

Grouse - 4th scorer. Out right now, but only 5 pts out. Needs to win division to lock playoffs (Sinrman(7-4) and Valence (8-3)

Radballs - 5th Scorer. Won't get in as a wildcard. Since Sinrman & Grouse play each other, can only tie for Division lead, losing the tiebreaker on points. So Ollie is done.

Team Legacy - 2nd overall scorer, 76 pts over #4. No chance to win division, needs to hold on to points lead.

Addicts Division

Shadowmaster - #2 scorer, 135 pts over the #4 Close to a lock. (Hook (2-9) and Sinrman(7-4))

Valence - #3 scorer, 25 pts over #4. (Radballs (6-5) and Grouse(7-4))

Fiddles - #5 scorer, 100 pts behind #4. Needs SM and Valence to lose all 4 games, win both vs Pictus(6-5) & Hook(2-9)

So a mathmatical chance, but not a realistic one.

Rzrback - #1 scorer, 38 over #2. Safe for playoffs, chance at division win (PAE(7-4) and Radballs(6-5))

Pictus Cat - No chance

Twilight - #4 scorer, 25 behind #3. No chance at division title. Need to pass Valence in scoring and need Valence to NOT win the division.

Playoff Hunt:

Freaks Division

Sinrman - Top scorer, 86 pt lead over #4. Pretty safe. (Grouse(7-4) and Shadowmaster(8-3) final two games)

PAE - 3rd scorer right now, 5 pt lead over #4 Needs to win division to lock playoffs (Rzrback(6-5) & Old Mil(2-9) (easiest 2 games)

Grouse - 4th scorer. Out right now, but only 5 pts out. Needs to win division to lock playoffs (Sinrman(7-4) and Valence (8-3)

Radballs - 5th Scorer. Won't get in as a wildcard. Since Sinrman & Grouse play each other, can only tie for Division lead, losing the tiebreaker on points. So Ollie is done.

Team Legacy - 2nd overall scorer, 76 pts over #4. No chance to win division, needs to hold on to points lead.

Addicts Division

Shadowmaster - #2 scorer, 135 pts over the #4 Close to a lock. (Hook (2-9) and Sinrman(7-4))

Valence - #3 scorer, 25 pts over #4. (Radballs (6-5) and Grouse(7-4))

Fiddles - #5 scorer, 100 pts behind #4. Needs SM and Valence to lose all 4 games, win both vs Pictus(6-5) & Hook(2-9)

So a mathmatical chance, but not a realistic one.

Rzrback - #1 scorer, 38 over #2. Safe for playoffs, chance at division win (PAE(7-4) and Radballs(6-5))

Pictus Cat - No chance

Twilight - #4 scorer, 25 behind #3. No chance at division title. Need to pass Valence in scoring and need Valence to NOT win the division.
went from 6-0 to not a realistic shot to make the playoffswtf

Went from 0-4 to 6-5. Like this way much better. Still with this group, the teams are always so close that the advantage of a week off is HUGE. Division winners have one less game left to chance.

Good Luck to everyone down the stretch!

13 weeks, 191 games in the NFL (tomorrow's game won't change anything), and one playoff spot comes down to .9 points.

Grouse and Pimpin Aint Easy are both done, and both have lost this week's match (both by under 2 pts right now as well). Since Sinrman has lost as well, that means they tie for the division lead, and it comes down to the tiebreaker of points. Which means Grouse wins 1772.4 to PAE's 1771.5. Just wow.

Grouse will meet the winner of Team Legacy and Sinrman.

The other division didn't turn out so close. I'm 70 pts out, so the top 3 are set. Shadowmaster gets the division title and the week off. Valence and Rzrback77 face off next week to advance.

To the rest, until next year...

Fiddles said:
good luck to all remaning with one exception...

someone knock TL out of this!
This is for Sinrman in Round 1 :boxing: This is for Grouse in Round 2 :boxing: :boxing:

and this is for whoever steps up to take my title as 3 time, 3 peat defending CHAMPION! :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:

Was hoping for a SM loss so I didn't have to face rzr next week!. I hope I can get another shot at TL as he beat me in the title game 2 years ago.

It's been a fun year, thanks for doing this again Twilight!

Fiddles said:
good luck to all remaning with one exception...

someone knock TL out of this!
This is for Sinrman in Round 1 :thumbdown: This is for Grouse in Round 2 :goodposting: :boxing:

and this is for whoever steps up to take my title as 3 time, 3 peat defending CHAMPION! :boxing: :boxing: :boxing:
Shoot, the way my team is flopping, I won't even make it to the playoffs. Even if I do, I should be easy prey. My guys are choking big time...

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, and just to rub salt in the would for PAE, while Grouse easily lost his matchup this week, PAE lost by 1.35. If he had won that one, he would have won the division and advanced instead. Just plain OW.

Oh, and just to rub salt in the would for PAE, while Grouse easily lost his matchup this week, PAE lost by 1.35. If he had won that one, he would have won the division and advanced instead. Just plain OW.
Heart break!!Good Luck to all the playoff teams. Except you twilight! JKI know I'm in the minority, but I'm rooting for the champ!! He will be that team you love to hate, but keeps winning.

Well, 1 match is in the books. Team Legacy keeps it's hope of retaining the title by advancing over Sinrman.

Rzrback is down by 33.8. But having Warner, Davis (-18.6), Breaston (-6.1) gives him a solid chance at advancing.

Bleh. RB situation hurt (really only having one produce for weeks now) and WRs letting me down again. Oh well... good luck all! Hope to be in next years!

Well, 1 match is in the books. Team Legacy keeps it's hope of retaining the title by advancing over Sinrman.Rzrback is down by 33.8. But having Warner, Davis (-18.6), Breaston (-6.1) gives him a solid chance at advancing.
I thought that I had a solid chance heading into MNF, but none of them played well. Good Luck to the remaining contenders. Hard to believe that Team Legacy is still alive with a chance to three peat. Among this group and drafting as early as we do, that is quite the accomplishment.

Well, 1 match is in the books. Team Legacy keeps it's hope of retaining the title by advancing over Sinrman.Rzrback is down by 33.8. But having Warner, Davis (-18.6), Breaston (-6.1) gives him a solid chance at advancing.
I thought that I had a solid chance heading into MNF, but none of them played well. Good Luck to the remaining contenders. Hard to believe that Team Legacy is still alive with a chance to three peat. Among this group and drafting as early as we do, that is quite the accomplishment.
I thought I was done after getting basically nothing from anyone but LBJ and philly D.... g rzr!look forward to the game next week Shadow!

Well, Grouse does have 4 players going, but it's going to be very tough to make up 70 pts. TL is done, so that is the definite number for Jacobs(-3.5), S Smith(-5.5), Moss(-5.8), and Boss(-15.3), which means that those 4 will need to put up 100 pts. I don't see it, but who knows, I wouldn't see Harrison running for 286.

In the other match, Shadowmaster doesn't have such a large margin, but he also doesn't have anyone going tonight. He's done, so Valence advances.

GL all.

HATERS WHERE YA AT???
There are no haters here. R-E-S-P-E-C-T is what you have here. If you win again that is unbelievable to me. There are just so many variables and the draft is so early, that is just awesome.Congrats to both Valence and TL. Wish my squad hadn't laid an egg as I would enjoy being in the finals, as we all would.

rzrback77 said:
There are no haters here. R-E-S-P-E-C-T is what you have here. If you win again that is unbelievable to me. There are just so many variables and the draft is so early, that is just awesome.
:goodposting: To three-peat in this format is simply unbelieveable. I'm still rooting for Val

I was so confident in the win I went out and bought a couple of new droids for the wife and I. Reunion league rules! Typing on it now!

Apologies, but the prelim's won't be uploaded until tomorrow morning at the earliest. I'm not home right now for Christmas, and access is spotty.

Through Sunday is up, and it's looking like Team Legacy has a solid chance to THREEPEAT. He has a 6.35 pt lead, with Rice(-9.5) and Olsen(-8.9). Valence just has Shiancoe, but his threshold is only (-2.8)

Good luck tonight to both of you.

(I should be able to upload about this time tomorrow. I'm at my brothers, and the only net connection in their apartment is in their bedroom, so I have to wait for everyone to get up, so ya know)

Rodgers performance (among others) hurt me bad this week in multiple leagues. I'm in 4 $ championship games this year and looks like i may lose all of them.

valence said:
Rodgers performance (among others) hurt me bad this week in multiple leagues. I'm in 4 $ championship games this year and looks like i may lose all of them.
This one hurts.Congrats TL. Of course both guys you had going had to better your score and my guy had to get hurt midgame.I do believe I am cursed in this league.

So, Team Legacy win again. Just unreal. Congratulations on the triple. Just for planning purposes and since I am going to Northwest US and Alaska in early May, when do we typically schedule this draft?

:excited:

valence said:
valence said:
This one hurts.Congrats TL. Of course both guys you had going had to better your score and my guy had to get hurt midgame.I do believe I am cursed in this league.
Val, great season... too bad they only pay 1st in this league. Your team was solid. Guys, lookin forward to next year. Who wants to draft early?

Every league is different. Reviewing top point scoring teams from last year played a key role in my strategy going in. This particular league will kill you if you don't have top producing tight ends and QBs. There's just too many points being scored from these positions and in a points race for those final 2 wildcards, it matters.

After securing a couple top backs and a top WR, I went into this draft with a pre-determined goal of having a good duo at QB and TE.

From the 9 spot, I knew I could land a top performing WR, but I wasn't sure if I could get one in the 2nd. It's a risk I wasn't willing to take. With Fitz already gone, there were only 2 names i considered. Randy Moss and my eventual selection:

1.09 Team Legacy - Andre Johnson, WR2, HOU

This next pick was an ABSOLUTE GIFT.

2.06 Team Legacy - Brian Westbrook, RB13, PHL -- How you going to let the returning champ get Westy as the 20th player off the board?? Risk? Eh, maybe, but I'm hoping the price for McCoy is reasonable.

3.09 Team Legacy - Pierre Thomas, RB18, NO - Very capable RB2 with mad upside.

4.06 Team Legacy - Roy Williams, WR20, DAL - Really considered Holmes here. When I made the Pierre pick, I knew several WRs would go and I have them all jumbled up in the same tier. Roy will do.

5.09 Team Legacy - Greg Olsen, TE7, CHI

6.06 Team Legacy - Matt Schaub, QB10, HOU

Here's where the draft makes or breaks you. What direction do you go? I took a calculated risk that paid off by waiting until the 5th/6th to land my TE/QB and I couldn't be happier.

7.09 Team Legacy - Carson Palmer, QB13, CIN

8.06 Team Legacy - Dustin Keller, TE12, NYJ

9.09 Team Legacy - LeSean McCoy, RB40, PHL

That last combo was so much fun, let's do it again. Now, again, I feel like this 7/8 turn is the second combo that makes or breaks the draft. Drafting Palmer turned out to be timed perfectly as the entire tier of 5 was gone before my next pick. With my selection of Westy, I pre-planned to use the 9th pick on McCoy, and with that being the case, I couldn't afford to wait until the 10th to get my TE2. Had Westy not been the issue, I would have used the 8th on Rice and came back with Shiancoe. I REALLY FEEL STRONGLY that you must have good QB and TE production week in week out to conquer this league. Yes Schaub and Olsen are good, but let's ensure good weeks all year round with a couple more studs to the fold.

10.06 Team Legacy - Mike Walker, WR51, JAX

11.09 Team Legacy - Deion Branch, WR57, SEA

12.06 Team Legacy - Michael Bush, RB50, OAK

13.09 Team Legacy - Sidney Rice, WR68, MIN

Okay, so while these picks don't look like much, I think I give this group of 4 a solid B+ rating at this point in the draft. Mike Walker is a breakout waiting to happen, HEALTH is the only thing that has stopped him. He might just make this WR bunch formidable after the top 2. Branch will be much better with Housh in the fold. There were still a few times that Branch looked great late season with Hass. Mike Bush is another obsession I have and I truely feel this is the year he and McFadden make a go at Thunder and Lightning. And gang... Sidney Rice, WR68? Seriously? With rumors of Favre coming to town. His upside is much greater than 68. I secretly desired Nate Burleson as well, but Valence and Perry were both thinking Burleson.

14.06 Team Legacy - Tampa Bay Buccaneers DST14

15.09 Team Legacy - Davone Bess, WR75

16.06 Team Legacy - Arizona Cardinals DST20

17.09 Team Legacy - Matt Prater, K19, DEN

18.06 Team Legacy - Phil Dawson, K24, CLE

Tampa was actually a top performing Defense in this scoring system last year. Not sure why the sleep mode was hit on them. Bess is a nice contributor that I expect to use on more than one occasion.

So yeah, this team is super solid at QB and TE. You can only start 2 RBs and well, I have Pierre and I've locked down Philly in case Westy's not ready. Need 3 WRs week in and week out. With AJ making up for some of the difference, and byes not an issue, I really think I can piece together 2 other starters out of Roy, Mike Walker, Branch, Sidney Rice and Bess.

Rip er apart guys, and I'll see you in the finals!

Your returning 2 time defending undisputed champion,

-TL
for your viewing pleasure.. heck, maybe we all might learn something from this. I really did feel tuned in during the draft.

rzrback77 said:
So, Team Legacy win again. Just unreal. Congratulations on the triple. Just for planning purposes and since I am going to Northwest US and Alaska in early May, when do we typically schedule this draft? :lmao:
if you end up in seattle stop by and say hi

soon to be....

4 time.. 4peat... Defending Champion!!!

let the trash talking begin...

Users who are viewing this thread