What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rapid Draft (1 Viewer)

Reading the fine print on the website it seems to indicate that special promotions like this do not qualify you for the grand prize. Is this "go4it" promotion code included in that list? Or, as the OP states, this code enables you to be eligible for the $250K?Thanks.
Hey fguys - this go4it code is 100% prize eligible. So go for it!Cheers!
Thanks for the update there. I don't remember explicitly using the "go4it" promo code, but I did get in through the FBG portal for my free entry on the last day for a free draft. I assume this is the promo I used. Someone said earlier there was a post on this, but I just checked back and didn't see it being from this thread. Regardless, I just need to get past my huge bye issues this week with a win, and hopefully stay far enough up the points list to keep me in contention should I not beat my league. Looks like well over 10,000 teams in the contest, since my 125's in the first 2 weeks placed me in the 9000th place area. Too bad I missed my points for Brady this past week, would have put me in the top 15 for the week...

Quick thought - the playoffs are early in RapidDraft, then contestants who won their leagues continue on to play against one another. Right? Does anyone else see the possibility of winning teams have the exact same rosters?

Edit: looks like postseason (weeks 12 - 16) are not head-to-head matches, but based on points accumulated. Still, I can see the top points scorers having the same rosters, starting the same players and in the end, making it nearly impossible for others to gain ground or for the leaderboard to change much.

Last edited by a moderator:
LittlePhatty said:
Quick thought - the playoffs are early in RapidDraft, then contestants who won their leagues continue on to play against one another. Right? Does anyone else see the possibility of winning teams have the exact same rosters?Edit: looks like postseason (weeks 12 - 16) are not head-to-head matches, but based on points accumulated. Still, I can see the top points scorers having the same rosters, starting the same players and in the end, making it nearly impossible for others to gain ground or for the leaderboard to change much.
Says ties split the cash. Also note that we all will start with the average of our scores of the 1st 11 weeks, so barring ties there, there should be some separation. Wouldn't surprise me at all though to see ties in the prizes.

I have one team. 6-0, 952 points, 57th overall. In FBG, 13th overall.

P. Manning, R. Rice, A. Bradshaw, A. Johnson, R. Moss, W. Welker, D. Clark, and a host of guys for flex, D or K. Drafted the 3 stud WR's first and then Manning, Rice.

Just realized I am in top 300 with 901 points... but 3rd in my league at 4-2 behind two pretty stacked 5-1 teams (Suits team rocks)

How does the playoff bracket work? and when do playoffs start?
Just got through going over the playoff deal...It starts in week 12.a little lengthy but here are the details...After Week 11, all Grand Prize Eligible teams are slotted into:Championship Bracket (League Winners and Top 40% of Teams)Black & Blue Bracket (40% to 70%)Consolation Bracket (70% to Last Place)All League Winners automatically advance to the Championship Bracket. If a team does not win its league, it may also advance to the Championship Round by placing in the Top 40% of all Grand Prize eligible teams, based on Total Points from Weeks 1 to 11. All teams not qualifying for the Championship Bracket, but placing in the Top 70% of all Grand Prize eligible teams, based on total points from Weeks 1 to 11, will advance to the Black & Blue Bracket.All Grand Prize eligible teams not qualifying for the Championship Bracket or the Black & Blue Bracket, based on total points from Weeks 1 to 11, will advance to the Consolation Bracket.Some teams will be able to play, but will be ineligible for some prizes: If playing a free trial entry, for promotional purposes. Only eligible for a limited prize pool, defined in their promotion notice.If playing from a restricted jurisdiction. Not eligible for any prizes.10. RapidDraft Post-Season (Weeks 12 to 16)Each Participant starts the post-season with a one week average score, based on their average score in weeks 1 to 11 (calculated as Total Points after Week 11, divided by 11). The average score will be rounded to the hundredths position (for example - 102.55).All post-season bracket leader boards will list the following:Average points in Weeks 1 to 11Total points in Week 12Total points in Week 13Total points in Week 14Total points in Week 15Total points in Week 16Total Cumulative Post-Season Points (summation of numbers 1 to 6 above)These points will be accumulated to determine post-season ranks. Overall, end-of-season prizes will be awarded after Week 16, based on the Total Cumulative Post-Season points.The RapidDraft Grand Prize winner will receive a $250,000 cash prize and the chance to participate as a “Fantasy Pro” in RapidDraft Fantasy Football 2010.Similar to Reality TV competitions, every participant in RapidDraft can earn the chance to be a star. Win RapidDraft and you will be 1 of the 11 Fantasy Pros in next year’s RapidDraft Fantasy Football competition. Winning the Fantasy Pro position provides instant recognition across the world of fantasy sports as a true fantasy football professional. The honor also includes a complete Bio, photo and “baseball card” in the “Meet the Fantasy Pros” area of all RapidDraft web sites.The $250,000 cash prize is paid in five equal installments of $50,000 each on February 1, 2010 through 2014.

Is it just my group, or did RD completely hose all the waiver picks this week? Just looked all the same players are available and nobody got pickups. Kinda lame for the stretch run...

Is it just my group, or did RD completely hose all the waiver picks this week? Just looked all the same players are available and nobody got pickups. Kinda lame for the stretch run...
Par for the course. This has been my absolute worst fantasy experience ever.

This time is a little strange, as all prior waivers snafus were the result of just taking too long. It's odd that this time it killed the whole list, and with a Thursday game I don't know what's going to happen on re-requests since it seems like they take forever to reprocess them.

This time is a little strange, as all prior waivers snafus were the result of just taking too long. It's odd that this time it killed the whole list, and with a Thursday game I don't know what's going to happen on re-requests since it seems like they take forever to reprocess them.
I haven't made a WW move since like week 2. I think I grabbed Knox and haven't made a move since. Wait, I grabbed a D. I still have Fred Taylor on my team and have no desire to move him at all... More to the point i have no desire to mess with the crappy WW system on a crappy site. I'm 9-0 and will not be doing this again next year

Weird. I successfully dropped Chris Henry this week for a flier on Justin Forsett. 7 other waiver wire moves were made by the robots in my league at the same time as my pickup.The interface sucks, that's for sure. I'd complain more if I had paid for it, but I only have one entry (the free but eligible coupon) and I'm doing fairly well.

My league's waivers did not run.

Glad I got to try it for free. It runs a lot better on newer versions of IE. Almost doesn't run at all on IE6 which is all we have here at work.

Today all I have to say now is WOW.....

After watching my live scoring all day yesterday and wondering why many good players were on team's benches, today I log in and see my opponent go from 70 or so points and no way to win to 156 and me needing a nice night from Rice to have a shot. With a win this week I just need a loss from the FBG entry next week and I take my league by a huge margin with my scoring lead. Seems VERY strange to me that as the league championship picture gets clear enough to decide who needs to get pushes to possibly beat the customer entry, RD mysteriously has a possible "system problem" where they set the "real lineups" lineups post-results.

While this won't do much to help them with the 250k payout they have to deal with for the overall winner, I suspect that this will effect a lot of $50 league winner payouts.

:kicksrock: to RD

Joe/David, any feedback from your end on how this contest is getting run since they have your name on it?!

Today all I have to say now is WOW.....After watching my live scoring all day yesterday and wondering why many good players were on team's benches, today I log in and see my opponent go from 70 or so points and no way to win to 156 and me needing a nice night from Rice to have a shot. With a win this week I just need a loss from the FBG entry next week and I take my league by a huge margin with my scoring lead. Seems VERY strange to me that as the league championship picture gets clear enough to decide who needs to get pushes to possibly beat the customer entry, RD mysteriously has a possible "system problem" where they set the "real lineups" lineups post-results.While this won't do much to help them with the 250k payout they have to deal with for the overall winner, I suspect that this will effect a lot of $50 league winner payouts. :lmao: to RDJoe/David, any feedback from your end on how this contest is getting run since they have your name on it?!
Exact same thing happened to me today. Checked early this morning and only needed about 13.5 to win and I too have Rice tonight. Just logged in and notice my opponents line up was changed and now he is 60 pts ahead. He also just happens to be one game ahead of me in first place. A win would give me the tiebreaker for first place in the league.Need to find RD's email so I can formally complain to them.

Today all I have to say now is WOW.....After watching my live scoring all day yesterday and wondering why many good players were on team's benches, today I log in and see my opponent go from 70 or so points and no way to win to 156 and me needing a nice night from Rice to have a shot. With a win this week I just need a loss from the FBG entry next week and I take my league by a huge margin with my scoring lead. Seems VERY strange to me that as the league championship picture gets clear enough to decide who needs to get pushes to possibly beat the customer entry, RD mysteriously has a possible "system problem" where they set the "real lineups" lineups post-results.While this won't do much to help them with the 250k payout they have to deal with for the overall winner, I suspect that this will effect a lot of $50 league winner payouts. :goodposting: to RDJoe/David, any feedback from your end on how this contest is getting run since they have your name on it?!
Exact same thing happened to me today. Checked early this morning and only needed about 13.5 to win and I too have Rice tonight. Just logged in and notice my opponents line up was changed and now he is 60 pts ahead. He also just happens to be one game ahead of me in first place. A win would give me the tiebreaker for first place in the league.Need to find RD's email so I can formally complain to them.
Already did that myself and got the system failure...blah blah...couldnt help it...blah blah...we're sorry reply. I didn't respond back because it would be like yelling at the wall at this point. If I would have paid for my entry though, I'd probably be screaming my lungs out for a refund if I lost my league over this. Not exactly giving me any warm fuzzies about the probability of someone actually collecting the grand prize, but I thought I had a decent shot at collecting my $50 of beer money for my efforts....

Today all I have to say now is WOW.....After watching my live scoring all day yesterday and wondering why many good players were on team's benches, today I log in and see my opponent go from 70 or so points and no way to win to 156 and me needing a nice night from Rice to have a shot. With a win this week I just need a loss from the FBG entry next week and I take my league by a huge margin with my scoring lead. Seems VERY strange to me that as the league championship picture gets clear enough to decide who needs to get pushes to possibly beat the customer entry, RD mysteriously has a possible "system problem" where they set the "real lineups" lineups post-results.While this won't do much to help them with the 250k payout they have to deal with for the overall winner, I suspect that this will effect a lot of $50 league winner payouts. :goodposting: to RDJoe/David, any feedback from your end on how this contest is getting run since they have your name on it?!
Already did that myself and got the system failure...blah blah...couldnt help it...blah blah...we're sorry reply. I didn't respond back because it would be like yelling at the wall at this point. If I would have paid for my entry though, I'd probably be screaming my lungs out for a refund if I lost my league over this. Not exactly giving me any warm fuzzies about the probability of someone actually collecting the grand prize, but I thought I had a decent shot at collecting my $50 of beer money for my efforts....
Yeap, same here. tried the forum link but that was broke as well.

my $50 of beer money for my efforts....
$20, some game credits and a T-Shirt.
you mean you don't think I could sell my league champ tshirt for $30 profit? :confused:would have swore it was $50, but I was too lazy to look up the league winner prize, oh well.Congrats on making a bunch of good teams. Unless you tanked the last few weeks, it looks like you made several I'll need to beat if I want a shot at the grand prize. I really like the concept of the contest, but they managed to REALLY mess up the execution.

I really like the concept of the contest, but they managed to REALLY mess up the execution.
Yeah, they were definitely not ready to go live this season. But the concept is definitely original and very cool.I've got a few decent teams. The bad thing is that 40% of teams make it into the 'championship' so it'll be a total luckfest.

I really like the concept of the contest, but they managed to REALLY mess up the execution.
Yeah, they were definitely not ready to go live this season. But the concept is definitely original and very cool.I've got a few decent teams. The bad thing is that 40% of teams make it into the 'championship' so it'll be a total luckfest.
What 'rank' in the overall board would be the cutoff for 40% you think? 500?

What 'rank' in the overall board would be the cutoff for 40% you think? 500?
It was up there a couple of weeks ago, and as evidenced a few posts earlier my memory isn't what it used to be. I recall they showed something like 7000 teams making it to the champ bracket. As BG stated though this will be a luckfest to win though I'm in about 750th place right now, but only giving up about 20 or so points to the first place team as we head into the first playoff week. While that's not a great place to be over that many weeks, it won't take much to make that up. Any team that gets hot has a decent chance.

Today all I have to say now is WOW.....After watching my live scoring all day yesterday and wondering why many good players were on team's benches, today I log in and see my opponent go from 70 or so points and no way to win to 156 and me needing a nice night from Rice to have a shot. With a win this week I just need a loss from the FBG entry next week and I take my league by a huge margin with my scoring lead. Seems VERY strange to me that as the league championship picture gets clear enough to decide who needs to get pushes to possibly beat the customer entry, RD mysteriously has a possible "system problem" where they set the "real lineups" lineups post-results.While this won't do much to help them with the 250k payout they have to deal with for the overall winner, I suspect that this will effect a lot of $50 league winner payouts. :thumbdown: to RDJoe/David, any feedback from your end on how this contest is getting run since they have your name on it?!
Just noticed the same thing happened to me.This morning I needed 5 points from Ray Rice to beat the team I'm tied with at the top of the standings.I just checked and now they opposing team's starters have changed and now I need 42.No way I go anywhere near this thing next year.

I won my match handily after last night's game. Today, I discovered I'd lost by 8 points after Jonathan Stewart and the Titans D replaced Percy Harvin and the Cowboys D in my opponents' starting lineup. Painful, because I was rated 88th overall before this week. I sent an e-mail to the RapidDraft folks--this is what they sent back:

RapidDraft Week 10 Start/Bench Update

Week 10 of RapidDraft Fantasy Football is almost in the books. We hope you’re all getting ready for an exciting playoff run. If you’re receiving this email, you are most likely in the Top 40% of all RapidDrafters and getting ready for a chance at the $250,000. Good luck in maximizing your team’s total points in the battle for the big bucks.

On a maintenance and contest integrity note, over the weekend we detected an issue with the running of the Week 10 Start/Bench process for several teams managed by the RD Fantasy Pros. We have made the decision to correctly process these teams using the Pro rankings they created before each game started. To give you an example, Chris Johnson did not process correctly and he was placed on the bench for some Pro teams. He was a #2 running back for the week and should have started for all Pro teams. Same goes for Wes Welker. These are two of the player examples that will be corrected today. This may or may not impact a Pro’s score in your league. It will not impact your score or your starting team.

This decision was made for consistency and contest integrity and you can be assured that it follows the RD Official Rules. We are using the static weekly Pro player rankings with no changes. It will impact some consumer teams positively and others negatively (for head-to-head league wins only). It will not impact your overall point totals. We apologize for needing to take this step, but it was essential once the processing issue was identified over the weekend. Please contact assistant@worldfantasygames.com with any questions and good luck the rest of the season.

Sincerely, The WFG Game Ops Team

Wonder how many pro's lineups Terrell Owens will magically appear in this week?
They did all the damage they needed to last week. Got the scoring title for my league wrapped up by almost 100, but the lineup fiasco mathematically eliminated me from a league championship last week. Just gotta put up some nice weeks in the championship run, but not being higher than 500th right now isn't a very good thing...

I quit managing my team weeks ago. This site had no business starting live this year. It was to big of a pain and I didn't think it was worth it.

To win my league I need:

- More than 7 out of Schaub

- Chris Johnson to score less than 43

- Chris Johnson to not outscore Schaub by more than 23

Now I wish I had actually used the waiver wire during the year to make my team better in case I make it. :thumbup:

QB Matt Schaub, HOU

RB Adrian Peterson, MIN

RB Ray Rice, BAL RB

WR Nate Burleson, SEA

WR Devin Hester, CHI

WR Roddy White, ATL

TE Jason Witten, DAL

PK Nate Kaeding, SD

DF MIN Team Defense, MIN

RB/WR/TE Ryan Grant, GB

BENCHQB David Garrard, JAC

QB Vince Young, TEN QB

RB Jamaal Charles, KC

WR Antonio Bryant, TB

WR Percy Harvin, MIN

WR Chris Henry, CIN

WR Kelley Washington, BAL

TE Jermichael Finley, GB

PK Mason Crosby, GB

DF NYJ Team Defense, NYJ

Who else won their league?...

LEAGUEAny prize eligible team winning its league against the Pros, based on Win-Loss-Tie Record after Week 11, is declared the League Champion and wins:$50 Prize Package: $20 Cash W10,000 World Fantasy Points RapidDraft “I Beat the Pros” T-shirt (Inaugural Year Collectible)
9. Advancing to Post-SeasonRapidDraft Post-Season runs five weeks - starting in Week 12 and ending after Week 16 is completed. After Week 11, all Grand Prize Eligible teams are slotted into:Championship Bracket (League Winners and Top 40% of Teams) Black & Blue Bracket (40% to 70%) Consolation Bracket (70% to Last Place) All League Winners automatically advance to the Championship Bracket. If a team does not win its league, it may also advance to the Championship Round by placing in the Top 40% of all Grand Prize eligible teams, based on Total Points from Weeks 1 to 11. All teams not qualifying for the Championship Bracket, but placing in the Top 70% of all Grand Prize eligible teams, based on total points from Weeks 1 to 11, will advance to the Black & Blue Bracket.All Grand Prize eligible teams not qualifying for the Championship Bracket or the Black & Blue Bracket, based on total points from Weeks 1 to 11, will advance to the Consolation Bracket.Some teams will be able to play, but will be ineligible for some prizes: If playing a free trial entry, for promotional purposes. Only eligible for a limited prize pool, defined in their promotion notice. If playing from a restricted jurisdiction. Not eligible for any prizes. 10. RapidDraft Post-Season (Weeks 12 to 16)Each Participant starts the post-season with a one week average score, based on their average score in weeks 1 to 11 (calculated as Total Points after Week 11, divided by 11). The average score will be rounded to the hundredths position (for example - 102.55).All post-season bracket leader boards will list the following:Average points in Weeks 1 to 11 Total points in Week 12 Total points in Week 13 Total points in Week 14 Total points in Week 15 Total points in Week 16 Total Cumulative Post-Season Points (summation of numbers 1 to 6 above) These points will be accumulated to determine post-season ranks. Overall, end-of-season prizes will be awarded after Week 16, based on the Total Cumulative Post-Season points.The RapidDraft Grand Prize winner will receive a $250,000 cash prize and the chance to participate as a “Fantasy Pro” in RapidDraft Fantasy Football 2010.Similar to Reality TV competitions, every participant in RapidDraft can earn the chance to be a star. Win RapidDraft and you will be 1 of the 11 Fantasy Pros in next year’s RapidDraft Fantasy Football competition. Winning the Fantasy Pro position provides instant recognition across the world of fantasy sports as a true fantasy football professional. The honor also includes a complete Bio, photo and “baseball card” in the “Meet the Fantasy Pros” area of all RapidDraft web sites.The $250,000 cash prize is paid in five equal installments of $50,000 each on February 1, 2010 through 2014.

I did. I was up 2 games heading into Week 11. LOL at the t-shirt.

Something I was wondering... if you check the overall leaderboard, see John Lowery - Gladiators. He's in 1st and 3rd overall, and the 3rd place team is Gladiators XXXXXVI. Did this guy seriously buy 56 or more teams?

I assume that is what XXXXXVI stands for using incorrect Roman numerals. There are a few Gladiator teams there each with a different backend.

I came in 5th at 6-5 (FBGs Slick Willie won my league), but I do make the Championship bracket at 3911 overall. I havent' anything resembling the issues others are complaining about. I don't like the UI much, but it seems to function.

I did. I was up 2 games heading into Week 11. LOL at the t-shirt.Something I was wondering... if you check the overall leaderboard, see John Lowery - Gladiators. He's in 1st and 3rd overall, and the 3rd place team is Gladiators XXXXXVI. Did this guy seriously buy 56 or more teams?I assume that is what XXXXXVI stands for using incorrect Roman numerals. There are a few Gladiator teams there each with a different backend.
I'm sure he filled up to 60.

It was 60, 5 per draft slot.

And yes, I would have had to hire outside help to manage 60 rosters there.

I came in 5th at 6-5 (FBGs Slick Willie won my league), but I do make the Championship bracket at 3911 overall. I havent' anything resembling the issues others are complaining about. I don't like the UI much, but it seems to function.
Yes, you made it.60 teams was the max. I'm sure a few people did it. In the FFOC, some guy did 123 teams!It seems like Rapiddraft is going to get killed financially by the fact that the pros mostly weren't very good. I had a team that would have been in the black and blue division (so ranking was like 8,000th) that finished in a 3 way tie for first...which means I get the $20 cash and t-shirt. Even without the $250K it seems like they would have been barely profitable. With it...I just hope they're well funded.

Who else won their league?...
I came in 2nd. That #### they pulled last week where the "pros" rosters were changed after the games were over cost me a win by 5 points that week. If I had won that match, I would have been in a tie for 1st by record, but beaten Felix by 200 points total on the season.

Wouldn't say all pro teams blew. I finished 8-3 and 786th in overall points, 3rd in my league (behind Suit and FBG). Of course, without the mystery "roster adjustments" so conveniently levied by the system in week 10, I would have won my league. Looks like they may have realized they were gonna take a financial beating and did what they could where they could have.

FWIW, I wouldn't put it past them to have the "players" that somehow manage 50+ teams be shell opponents set up by the owners to prevent payout of a true winner. Whole thing has had kind of an odd feel to it, which is why I really would like to see Joe or David's feedback on their take of the guys running this. I would NEVER pay for a game where the system has the kinds of problems this one does :wub:

I had 4 teams and came 1st overall in one of the leagues. Can't wait for that t-shirt!All of my teams finished in the top 40%, so I assume all my teams are now in the "Championship Bracket"Can someone unpack the Championship Bracket a little?The rules say:All post-season bracket leader boards will list the following:

Average points in Weeks 1 to 11 Total points in Week 12 Total points in Week 13 Total points in Week 14 Total points in Week 15 Total points in Week 16 Total Cumulative Post-Season Points (summation of numbers 1 to 6 above) These points will be accumulated to determine post-season ranks. Overall, end-of-season prizes will be awarded after Week 16, based on the Total Cumulative Post-Season points.
What, exactly, does total points mean? Are the points calculated for my entire team for the remainder of the playoffs?

I had 4 teams and came 1st overall in one of the leagues. Can't wait for that t-shirt!All of my teams finished in the top 40%, so I assume all my teams are now in the "Championship Bracket"Can someone unpack the Championship Bracket a little?The rules say:All post-season bracket leader boards will list the following:

Average points in Weeks 1 to 11 Total points in Week 12 Total points in Week 13 Total points in Week 14 Total points in Week 15 Total points in Week 16 Total Cumulative Post-Season Points (summation of numbers 1 to 6 above) These points will be accumulated to determine post-season ranks. Overall, end-of-season prizes will be awarded after Week 16, based on the Total Cumulative Post-Season points.
What, exactly, does total points mean? Are the points calculated for my entire team for the remainder of the playoffs?
Seems pretty simple to me, total of your avg points to date, plus the total you amass between week 12 and week 16. Of course, you know you have to beat about 60 of the "gladiators" teams that exist, many of which are already very highly ranked and stacked with a bunch of good players.

Seems pretty simple to me, total of your avg points to date, plus the total you amass between week 12 and week 16. Of course, you know you have to beat about 60 of the "gladiators" teams that exist, many of which are already very highly ranked and stacked with a bunch of good players.
I understand the weekly average getting me into the playoffs, but then from weeks 12-16 everyone on my roster who scores counts towards that total? It's my bad for not reading that more clearly before, but it would appear that solid bench depth would be key during the playoffs if every position counts towards your cumulative total.

Anybody know why we can't set lineups yet?
If I'm reading the rules correctly, you get points from everyone on your roster from here on out, so you don't need to set lineups anymore. It's basically total points for everyone in the Championship Bracket now.

You should still set a lineup and just total points from the starting lineup each of weeks 12-16. Admittedly, I didn't read the rules either but that is how I suspect it will work, similar to WCOFF.

Users who are viewing this thread