What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rapid Draft (1 Viewer)

Sack-Religious said:
After 4 weeks RD is still awfull. Seems as if only the automated teams are allowed to pick up free agents. I am done trying.
I've been able to pick up a free agent, and sometimes multiple free agents, every single time I've made a request.This sounds a lot more like user error than site error (although the site has had it's share of them). After week 2, the site has been much more smooth for me and I haven't had any issues at all.
Agree, I've not had an issue other than that their concept of a user-friendly interface does not impress me. But, then again, neither does the FFOC, I'd say they're tied for clunkiest interfaces. I've picked up multiple FAs each week.My chief complaint is that in week 4, I thought I'd picked up DA, and I asked them for proof of how the other team got him. They were unable to provide that, which is not good. Pretty sure I figured out what happened, but the fact they couldn't verify it bothered me a lot.In short, it's a good concept and, functionally, it works, but the user interface is extremely poor.

Meh, at the least the CS people are responsive.

The FA process I'm fairly certain is a work in progress. I'm pretty sure they're still tweaking the programming for it considering they pretty much had to scrap it after week 1 and just jury rig it to get something going on week 2.

There's also the whole 'expert' side of things that we don't even know about. IMO that's been worse than anything I've had to deal with. From what I've seen in lineup submission and transactions, I don't think they paid any of them and they're lucky to have experts check in once a week.

Why the hell do they have a live scoring button? Brings up a new window, which is kind of annoying, and it only shows last weeks scoring which is really annoying. Live? [inigomontoya]I'm starting to think that word doesn't mean what it you think it means. [/inigomontoya]

When I check live scoring, it's usually fairly updated. It's definitely not immediate, but I check a few times throughout the day and it's always doing fine.

I actually like this site and think yes there are some bugs the first few weeks but I think things are better now. I ended up buying another team so now I have 2 teams and have thought about doing another. I think that this could turn out to be a good product down the road. Next year I am sure it will be 10 times better and so on.

Why the hell do they have a live scoring button? Brings up a new window, which is kind of annoying, and it only shows last weeks scoring which is really annoying. Live? [inigomontoya]I'm starting to think that word doesn't mean what it you think it means. [/inigomontoya]
Had that problem last week, hopefully it will be fixed this week.

The idea is interesting, but they clearly spent way too much time designing avatars and not enough designing the site. They'd be a lot better off using someone else's league management product.

Things I've disliked about the site:

1. Going live with major programming issues at virtually every aspect of team management.

2. Draft Room functionality

3. Unsecure payment page

4. Lack of Admin presence on site forums (links to forums have since been removed since all anyone did was complain)

5. FA process logic is whacked out

6. Lack of 'expert' expertness. Starting players ruled out since Thursday, dropping Celek, Vernon Davis, etc.

7. The 'My Teams' page has zero functionality. I don't give a crap if they think that I had 0 value picks in the draft 2 months ago.

8. Live Scoring comes in a stinking popup window.

Things I've liked about the site:

1. Half the people bailed on it, so I have a better chance to win.

Sack-Religious said:
After 4 weeks RD is still awfull. Seems as if only the automated teams are allowed to pick up free agents. I am done trying.
I've been able to pick up a free agent, and sometimes multiple free agents, every single time I've made a request.This sounds a lot more like user error than site error (although the site has had it's share of them). After week 2, the site has been much more smooth for me and I haven't had any issues at all.
Guess that is possible, however I have several teams on different sites and have no issues. Also Logged into RD Wednesday to process my waivers only to be informed that the next period starts Thursday, came back Thursday to find that all the other teams had waivers processed the day before. :thumbdown:

I too haven't had much luck with trying to pick up FA's.

P.S. I smoked the FBG team this week 203.5 - (83.5 + Washington & Feely)

Last edited by a moderator:
The avatars are strange. Buxom blondes pretending to be overaged, balding white guys is spooky. The game is fun though. I'm not sure I'd pay for it next year though.

I too haven't had much luck with trying to pick up FA's.P.S. I smoked the FBG team this week 203.5 - (83.5 + Washington & Feely)
The FBG's team started Ryan Moats in the league I'm in. They've lost McFadden, Gore, and Fred Taylor....and they are still 4-1 and tied for first. Their quarterback is.....you guessed it......David Garrard.I play them this week.Overall I would say the league is fairly fun. There are some quirks in how the "pro" teams make roster adjustments, etc. I played a team that didn't have a TE in the game. The same week another team didn't have a kicker. It would be interesting to know how the "pro" teams pick up players....some type of ranking list they put in at the beginning of the year maybe?

Overall I would say the league is fairly fun. There are some quirks in how the "pro" teams make roster adjustments, etc. I played a team that didn't have a TE in the game. The same week another team didn't have a kicker. It would be interesting to know how the "pro" teams pick up players....some type of ranking list they put in at the beginning of the year maybe?
Yeah, there's some horrendous lists out there for the pros. I'm guessing the logic and update procedure provided by rapiddraft is terrible, and/or not working correctly.Overall, I'd say 'Suit' is head and shoulders above the other pros.

Overall, I'd say 'Suit' is head and shoulders above the other pros.
Sounds right for my league, and FBG is bringing up the rear...
RapidDraft Overall Pts Scored Pts against W L T Pct Total Avg Total Avg Lehigh98 4 1 0 .800 736.5 147.3 543.0 108.6 Suit 4 1 0 .800 654.0 130.8 581.0 116.2 Michael 3 2 0 .600 671.5 134.3 601.0 120.2 Hollywood 3 2 0 .600 629.0 125.8 585.0 117.0 Felix 3 2 0 .600 620.5 124.1 544.5 108.9 Zach 3 2 0 .600 583.5 116.7 618.0 123.6 Matt 2 3 0 .400 636.5 127.3 612.0 122.4 Ashlei 2 3 0 .400 613.5 122.7 610.5 122.1 Rick 2 3 0 .400 555.0 111.0 581.5 116.3 Coop 2 3 0 .400 516.5 103.3 553.0 110.6 Victoria 1 4 0 .200 566.5 113.3 659.5 131.9 Slick Willie 1 4 0 .200 548.0 109.6 842.0 168.4

Guess that is possible, however I have several teams on different sites and have no issues. Also Logged into RD Wednesday to process my waivers only to be informed that the next period starts Thursday, came back Thursday to find that all the other teams had waivers processed the day before. :rolleyes:
The RD site is pretty different than others, so no problems at another place may not mean much when it comes to RD.Here's how the WW process works at RD. Claims open on Tuesday morning. They end on Wednesday evening at 9 EST (8 Central), and the players are distributed (in reverse order of current cumulative standings) on Thursday morning around 9 am EST. After the players are distributed on Thursday morning the next period of WW begins and it ends on Friday night around 9 pm EST (if memory serves). The claims are then processed on Saturday morning (again in reverse standings order, regardless of earlier claims that week.I hope that clears up some of the confusion.

Sitting at 3-2 after an 0-2 start, but I've put up some nice points in the past 3 weeks. Slick Willie is in 1st in my league at 5-0 and I have him next week. So far all his mid round picks have done well, and his studs are all healthy. I'm hoping to reel him in this week, and then I hope he stumbles again at some point. Fortunately, I caught him while Indy is on bye, which hurts him with a couple of starters.

Site has been quite buggy, and I hate the hassle it is to get the weekly live scoring. I have to open a separate window and change some of the address to get it to show anything but week 3. That would piss me off if it wasn't free to me.

Anyone know what prizes we are eligible for with the free entry? It says that free entries are only eligible for certain prizes, provided on our promotional info. I can't find anything, but I have a feeling that we don't get to play for any cash prizes. Also, anyone have any idea what the total size of the contest is? It says my entry is in 2XXXth place, but I know I was in the 4,000's early on...

I don't think they paid any of them and they're lucky to have experts check in once a week.
The "experts" probably submitted a value-based cheat sheet for the drafting software. That's probably all they contributed, if that even.There are no "real people" checking in making waiver wire moves and lineup changes each week. A computer does it for them.Think about it - there are thousands of Rapiddraft leagues.

Sitting at 3-2 after an 0-2 start, but I've put up some nice points in the past 3 weeks. Slick Willie is in 1st in my league at 5-0 and I have him next week. So far all his mid round picks have done well, and his studs are all healthy. I'm hoping to reel him in this week, and then I hope he stumbles again at some point. Fortunately, I caught him while Indy is on bye, which hurts him with a couple of starters.Site has been quite buggy, and I hate the hassle it is to get the weekly live scoring. I have to open a separate window and change some of the address to get it to show anything but week 3. That would piss me off if it wasn't free to me.Anyone know what prizes we are eligible for with the free entry? It says that free entries are only eligible for certain prizes, provided on our promotional info. I can't find anything, but I have a feeling that we don't get to play for any cash prizes. Also, anyone have any idea what the total size of the contest is? It says my entry is in 2XXXth place, but I know I was in the 4,000's early on...
I do believe somewhere in this thread someone from RD posted that the FBG entries are eligible for the prizes. To lazy to find it though.....

Sack-Religious said:
Guess that is possible, however I have several teams on different sites and have no issues. Also Logged into RD Wednesday to process my waivers only to be informed that the next period starts Thursday, came back Thursday to find that all the other teams had waivers processed the day before. :thumbup:
The RD site is pretty different than others, so no problems at another place may not mean much when it comes to RD.Here's how the WW process works at RD. Claims open on Tuesday morning. They end on Wednesday evening at 9 EST (8 Central), and the players are distributed (in reverse order of current cumulative standings) on Thursday morning around 9 am EST. After the players are distributed on Thursday morning the next period of WW begins and it ends on Friday night around 9 pm EST (if memory serves). The claims are then processed on Saturday morning (again in reverse standings order, regardless of earlier claims that week.I hope that clears up some of the confusion.
My teams have been as low as 15,xxxth at times.

I don't think they paid any of them and they're lucky to have experts check in once a week.
The "experts" probably submitted a value-based cheat sheet for the drafting software. That's probably all they contributed, if that even.There are no "real people" checking in making waiver wire moves and lineup changes each week. A computer does it for them.Think about it - there are thousands of Rapiddraft leagues.
Sure there is. I cannot say with 100% certainty, but it's a reasonable assumption that each pro submits an 'overall list' that is used to process waivers, and a 'weekly list' that is used to set lineups. I just doubt the pros have enough motivation to actually put forth the effort to keep them updated. That Ashlei dude started Pierre Thomas in a bunch of leagues week 1 when he was announced as out on Thursday. I'd also guess rapiddraft reps have taken over some of the pro's lists by now.Yeah, they're not going to each individual league and doing individual waivers, but if their list has free agent Player X rated higher than rostered Player Y, a waiver move is put in for any league where that is the case. There's probably some bye week and other logic in there also.

I'm 5-0 but ranked only 1,747. Tough league. :lmao:
Huh, maybe my 312th place is better than I thought then.I'm 4-1 (Lost the first week 160 - 144)Guess I should start paying more attention to picking up FA's.
QB Matt Schaub RB Ryan GrantRB Adrian PetersonWR Nate BurlesonWR Percy HarvinWR Roddy WhiteTE Jason WittenPK Mason CrosbyDF MIN Team DefenseRB/WR/TE Ray RiceQB David GarrardQB JaMarcus RussellRB Jamaal CharlesWR Antonio BryantWR Chris Henry WR Devin HesterWR Chansi StuckeyTE Jermichael FinleyPK Josh ScobeeDF NYJ Team Defense

Yeah, 312 is very good. You won't be losing much in the playoffs if you're in 3 digits for sure.

I was one of the suckers that actually bought more than 1 team. This is my best performing team.

QB Kyle Orton

QB Matt Cassel

QB Peyton Manning

RB DeAngelo Williams

RB Ahmad Bradshaw

RB Tim Hightower

RB Mewelde Moore

RB Willie Parker

RB Willis McGahee

WR Anquan Boldin

WR Kevin Walter

WR DeSean Jackson

WR Earl Bennett

WR Reggie Wayne

WR Johnny Knox

TE Visanthe Shiancoe

TE Dallas Clark

PK David Akers

DF PHI Team Defense

DF SF Team Defense

Lehigh98 said:
GloryDaze said:
Overall, I'd say 'Suit' is head and shoulders above the other pros.
Sounds right for my league, and FBG is bringing up the rear...
RapidDraft Overall Pts Scored Pts against W L T Pct Total Avg Total Avg Lehigh98 4 1 0 .800 736.5 147.3 543.0 108.6 Suit 4 1 0 .800 654.0 130.8 581.0 116.2 Michael 3 2 0 .600 671.5 134.3 601.0 120.2 Hollywood 3 2 0 .600 629.0 125.8 585.0 117.0 Felix 3 2 0 .600 620.5 124.1 544.5 108.9 Zach 3 2 0 .600 583.5 116.7 618.0 123.6 Matt 2 3 0 .400 636.5 127.3 612.0 122.4 Ashlei 2 3 0 .400 613.5 122.7 610.5 122.1 Rick 2 3 0 .400 555.0 111.0 581.5 116.3 Coop 2 3 0 .400 516.5 103.3 553.0 110.6 Victoria 1 4 0 .200 566.5 113.3 659.5 131.9 Slick Willie 1 4 0 .200 548.0 109.6 842.0 168.4
Me too
Rank Team Record WaiverRapidDraft1 The Knights 5-0-0 122 Suit 4-1-0 113 Michael 3-2-0 104 Felix 3-2-0 95 Coop 3-2-0 86 Slick Willie 2-3-0 77 Hollywood 2-3-0 68 Victoria 2-3-0 59 Rick 2-3-0 410 Zach 2-3-0 311 Ashlei 1-4-0 212 Matt 1-4-0 1
Overall I'm ranked in the top 1000. 818th with 710 total points. This is by far my best FFB team for the year :D

I slipped this week.

I am ranked 2111 currently with 678 points. I wasn't paying attention this past week and started Stafford who didn't play. I could have pretty easily slotted some marginal back up in...btw I had Brees on a bye sitting on the bench. Just lack of attention on my part.

Does anyone know the total amount of teams entered into the contest. I can't tell from the standings page.
Don't have the patience to count. There are ~ 3300 warp teams, but I'd guess there's 20k+ total teams. Over 8k will be in the 'playoffs.'
Thanks
At 637 total points for the season, one of my warp teams is ranked 4724 on the warp leaderboard. This isn't an atrocious team, so I'm guessing there are many more than 3300 warp teams.

Does anyone know the total amount of teams entered into the contest. I can't tell from the standings page.
Don't have the patience to count. There are ~ 3300 warp teams, but I'd guess there's 20k+ total teams. Over 8k will be in the 'playoffs.'
Thanks
At 637 total points for the season, one of my warp teams is ranked 4724 on the warp leaderboard. This isn't an atrocious team, so I'm guessing there are many more than 3300 warp teams.
The rank you see is only for the overall. It doesn't change when you click on warp. You have to click and click and click and click and click to find your team based on points.637 points ~ 1235 Warp Rank

Me & my wife signed up for the league for fun. She's kicking my ###$. Week 6 she came in #1 for the overall contest. I believe she won 250,000 World Fantasy Points. Any idea what she can use them on? She hasn't made a waiver pickup in a few weeks & is just rolling. She's starting to annoy me...

up to rank 578 in the warp leaderboard, 1990 overall, with my better team (which seems to have a way worse roster than my worse team!)

what is up with this John Lowery guy buying 50+ teams? how long does he have to spend each week just swapping out players on byes ... sheesh

At 930 pts, ranked 140 overall, and among FBG's holding down the 33 spot.

I have only gotten 2 free agents out of a dozen or more I've put in for.

I have not gotten any of my FA targets, but that's ok, so far it is working out.

#1 in The Football Guys, and 9th overall.

Not very confident though, I have been in these positions before, do a little smack talk, and crash.

So, I am not saying anything but good luck!!

Stats

Anyone here clear if the FBG free entry is eligible for the grand prize pool? In the rules it says free entries generally are not and to check our promotional material to see what we can win. In the stuff I can find from FBG, it basically says to check it out for our chance to win 250k. I emailed the RD cs desk and basically got a "why don't you read the rules" response. I'm doing OK, but I'm not gonna invest much more time into this thing if all I can win is a stinkin' t-shirt by beating a few thousand other entries...

In 3rd overall in my league (4-2/879) behind FBG (5-1) and Suit (5-1), although I'm way out front in points. Lost by 2 points in the first and second weeks, once to Suit. Had Rice, MJD, and Ward last week, benched Brady because of the bad weather :goodposting: and still scored 217. Could have had 237 if I would have started Brady, oh well. I think I'll finish in the top 40% if I'm eligible, but I don't know if I'll do well enough to get the top record in the league since I already have 2 losses.

Reading the fine print on the website it seems to indicate that special promotions like this do not qualify you for the grand prize.

Is this "go4it" promotion code included in that list? Or, as the OP states, this code enables you to be eligible for the $250K?

Thanks.
Hey fguys - this go4it code is 100% prize eligible. So go for it!Actually - the easiest way to get the free team is to go to this footballguys page - we streamlined the process by automatically entering the code for you.

A couple of notes. It might surprise you, but sometimes consumers don't follow the rules. Our goal is to run a great competition and to protect everyone that plays by the rules.

Some suggestions:

- use a valid email address that you own (or you are disqualified)

- use your real name on the account (the name on the account gets the check)

- one account per person (or all teams are disqualified)

- each person may do a maximum of five drafts per draft spot

- watch Caitlin's videos or review the Rules and FAQs (for those of you that don't like video)

If you draft at Warp Speed, the draft takes approximately 35 minutes. At Warp - you get 30 seconds, the experts get 5 seconds.

Our gift to you is one free draft per person. Good luck and enjoy. David and Joe think that one of you guys is going to win. Now it's your job to back up their smack talk.

Questions - email assistant@worldfantasygames.com

Cheers!

has not been bad overall. I have had no problem getting FA's, I just usually do not get my top choices due to waiver priority.

I have 2 teams, one team is #3 overall and #2 in the warp category. With Rice and MJD on bye, I have a feeling that ranking will fall like a rock this week.

Users who are viewing this thread