What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MBSL etc. Week 2 (1 Viewer)

Twilight

Footballguy
Another big scoring week. In fact, it actually averaged a point higher than last week, but we had more under hundred scores (16 vs 6).

We've now already had one immunity come into play and another booting by .05 (OW).

Some notable trivia.

The top 5 players this week were CJ, Schaub, Gore, Clark, and AJ

CJ was on 6 squads that won immunity. The other 4 were only on one team each.

For the booted teams, another evenly spread out ownership of players. 4 players were on 4 squads (Westbrook, Mi Clayton, Ward, and Harvin, which are pretty random.) I was expecting Z Miller and Jennings to be up there, but no.

1/4 1st round QB teams are gone.

21/172 1st round RB teams are gone.

4/59 1st round WR teams are gone.

0/3 1st round TE teams are gone.

3/23 2nd round QB teams are gone.

1/50 2nd round RB teams are gone.

14/123 2nd round WR teams are gone.

8/42 2nd round TE teams are gone.

I'll do combined stats later, as they are harder as I have it set up.

It's a little early for any glaring trends, but early WRs are definitely looking solid. Early TE's not as much.

On to the boots...

MBSLs - Still one more week for a boot in 1. Rangenius is gone in 2 (was 4 pts away from immunity last week). Reaper is safe next week.

SSL - Heading for SSL4 next year are BassNBrew(by 1.4), Jeter23(by 5.45), Tex(by1.6), and waybackwhen(by 3.25). So the combined margin of booting is just barely over 10. This is a close year.

Team Legacy, ConstruxBoy, FrankBlack(2nd in a row), and Comet all get immunity, none close at all.

PDSL - Commuterman's immunity saves his ###. Reaper goes down instead(by 3.15). Domination(by .05), Sinrman(by .35), and Nugget (not close) are also out. Well, the decimal scoring is sure making some of these bootings that much more painful.

Safe are FUBAR, Valence, NorrisB, and The Yellow Line...

WSL - Duckboy scores 235.5 for the easy high for the week. Still not a record(239), but getting closer.

Also safe are Jeff Pasquino, Zoltar16, and Abrecher.

Waiting for next year are Fiddles, Valence, Brutis, and Gamma1210, none close.

Last edited by a moderator:
wow my wsl team has 8 zeros

mcnabb, jj arrington, jamaal charles, edge, rhodes, harry douglas, johnny leeehiggins, walter, billy miller

Immunity in 1 knocked out in another... WOW with 123 points!!!!!

Come on. I'd never guess 123 would get you a boot in week2... I'm averaging 140+ Can we recount this thing :AlGore:

Reggie Wayne could have helped a little more there, I didn't even think I needed to be worried here with Reggie still to go. #%$#)@^ Garcon, are you kidding me???

Last edited by a moderator:
PDSL - Domination(by .05), Sinrman(by .35), and Nugget (not close) are also out. Well, the decimal scoring is sure making some of these bootings that much more painful.
Yeah, that sucks, but it was only a matter of time. May as well be now. That is by far one of the most horribly drafted teams I've ever had... wow those were some bad picks. :moneybag:

SSL4 is going to have some disproportionate competition next year with BnB, Fullback Fro, and Jeter23. Will be a good learning experience for some newcomers.

Thank goodness for Bulger, I almost had to use Brady as my QB this week. :2cents:

Darren - Great work as always......love the extra tidbits and analysis

Question about the Reunion League - should we have a different thread for those reports or is it easier for you to just post with the SLs?

Good luck to the rest in SSL1. So much for the one defense strategy. Pretty much any other defense would have been enough to advance. Avoiding the turk was going to be futile anyway with Gonzalez and Mcnabb missing time.

SSL4 is going to have some disproportionate competition next year with BnB, Fullback Fro, and Jeter23. Will be a good learning experience for some newcomers.Thank goodness for Bulger, I almost had to use Brady as my QB this week. :coffee:
Dont forget Team Ram Rod and BSS....Peace

PDSL - Commuterman's immunity saves his ###. Reaper goes down instead(by 3.15). Domination(by .05), Sinrman(by .35), and Nugget (not close) are also out. Well, the decimal scoring is sure making some of these bootings that much more painful.
:confused: :lmao: :shrug: :cry: :bag: :doh:

SSL4 is going to have some disproportionate competition next year with BnB, Fullback Fro, and Jeter23. Will be a good learning experience for some newcomers.Thank goodness for Bulger, I almost had to use Brady as my QB this week. :cool:
Dont forget Team Ram Rod and BSS....Peace
?????im still alive in SSl1peace
Maybe I can see the Future. Or maybe I got your Weeek One exit from another league confused....Maybe....Peace

Dang. The league I had the most trouble with, MBSL2, timing out and on a 4 hr. clock I'm doing the best outta all 3 survivor leagues I'm in. Thank God there was good people covering for me in MBSL2 as I had somehealth issuer that landed me in ther Emer. Room and in the hospital. Ya just never know,lol. I suspect I'll be making an exit before long in PDSL2 and down the ladder a bit in WSL4. Still, I had such a great time drafting with all of you that's reward in itself.

Through the survivor leagues I've met new people and developed some new relationships so even getting ousted early would still be worth the fun I had doing the drafts. I've been around a lot of different message boards and I can honestly say with conviction that FBG's message board people are the best I've seen. More objective,subjective,insightful and aren't afraid to speak what's on their mind whenit comes to football.

Never had done 16 team leagues before even with playing FF for 20 years and it was certainly a great learning experience. I know just the participation in the leagues has increased my fantasy knowledge and that's certainly a good thingsince my wife swears I have the CRS Syndrome, can't remember shiot,lol. So good luck to all those left and maybe ole GoBW will get lucky and hang in there a few more weeks. Hell, I'm even still alive in FBG's Survivor League 3, plus as an added bonus my S.F. 49ers are 2-0.Certainly grateful for that but they play the Vikings this week and Favre usually has the 9ers number. As long as Frank Gore stays healthy all yearI'll be real happy. Now if the YORK's would get off their ### from sitting on all the cash they got, they need to PAY Michael Crabtree the money and get him on the field. I got a feeling they'll end up doin' the right thing and realize thay can have a much need playmaker in the game.

SSL4 is going to have some disproportionate competition next year with BnB, Fullback Fro, and Jeter23. Will be a good learning experience for some newcomers.Thank goodness for Bulger, I almost had to use Brady as my QB this week. :bag:
theyll wind up in ssl3 due to drop outshappened to me this year after i was a brady casualty last year

1st immunity of the year! Some of the most challenging drafts of my year are right here on this board. I only had time to draft in two this year (PDSL and SSL) and of course Reunion, but winning this would be a MAJOR accomplishment. I own the reunion boys and they know it. :lmao:

Users who are viewing this thread