What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (1 Viewer)

I've tried Metal Gear. I got bored within the first couple hours. If MGS is his Magnum Opus, I'm not impressed. Just my  :2cents:

I think those games suck. Even at the time they were released, I thought Syphon Filter and Splinter Cell games were far superior games. I don’t feel like watching a long cutscenes with poop and nudity jokes. 
Literally had the same written out earlier but got distracted. 

Nearly all of them sucked. I must admit Metal Gear Solid for the PS1 was really, really good. Story fell apart near the end but the actual gameplay was phenomenal. 

Never understood the love for the rest of the games. 

Critically acclaimed MGS5 was a snoozefest. Same exact mission every time. I did like playing with the assassin in the bikini as my assistant though. She was hot.
I thought i was great at first. Everybody here was raving about it. Then after the 10th mission I was like....again???????????

That might have been the first game I’ve ever quit immediately after playing the prologue. 
I actually loved MGS:5, thought the gameplay and mechanics were phenomenal.  If the story wasn't unfinished and going completely off the rails at the end (like most Kojima games) would have been one of my favorite games.  Definitely had some annoyances with it, but overall really enjoy it.

Been hearing good things. Best since Force Unleashed as far as Star wars games go. I might have to pick this up after Outer World's.
Could use a good Star Wars games.  EA really blew it with that license, can't believe they actually made money with what they paid for the exclusive license thing (thought it was a ton if I remember correctly).  That much cash and all we've gotten so far was a stupid (completely in my opinion because I don't do massive FPS games, know some guys liked it) FPS and some mobile stuff.

I actually loved MGS:5, thought the gameplay and mechanics were phenomenal.  If the story wasn't unfinished and going completely off the rails at the end (like most Kojima games) would have been one of my favorite games.  Definitely had some annoyances with it, but overall really enjoy it.
I shudder to think what “going completely off the rails at the end” means in a story where a flaming whale eats a truck in the introduction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried out Outer Worlds over the weekend as well, Fallout Light definitely seems like an apt description. I'm not sure why, and even though it is visually stunning, I find the color pallet kind of off-putting and takes me out of the game a little bit... almost like they made the alien landscapes a little too alien.

Plus I want to murder every NPC I meet for either being a corporate stooge or an oblivious cog in the machine.

ridicule said:
Fired up Outer Worlds.  Getting my ### handed to me pretty regularly though, if there's more than 2 targets I'm done for.  Any tips/tricks or something I'm missing? 
Sneak, hide in the grass, shoot for the head.

Tried out Outer Worlds over the weekend as well, Fallout Light definitely seems like an apt description. I'm not sure why, and even though it is visually stunning, I find the color pallet kind of off-putting and takes me out of the game a little bit... almost like they made the alien landscapes a little too alien.
Love the color palette.  Biggest complaint with FO - too much brown and grey.

Plus I want to murder every NPC I meet for either being a corporate stooge or an oblivious cog in the machine.
You can do that...

ridicule said:
Fired up Outer Worlds.  Getting my ### handed to me pretty regularly though, if there's more than 2 targets I'm done for.  Any tips/tricks or something I'm missing? 
If you level up long guns (or your weapon skill of choice), you'll soon be an unstoppable killing machine.  Companions also trivialize most fights by drawing enemies away from you.  The difficulty balance of this game gets out of whack very quickly.

That Jedi game looks right up my alley. I haven't played a game in months. Might purchase. 
It's pretty good so far.  Much of the gameplay is strongly inspired by Dark Souls, just nowhere near as hard -- emphasis on melee combat mixed with spells (Force), timing and strategy more important than twitch skills, enemies respawn after you rest at the bonfire, semi-linear level design with shortcuts that you open up as you go along, etc.  But you can change the difficulty whenever you want, most encounters are pretty straightforward even on "hard," there aren't 37 different weapons to pick from, no stats, no builds, or any of the other hard-core RPG stuff.  Basically it's a very mainstreamed Dark Souls game, only with Star Wars.

It's pretty good so far.  Much of the gameplay is strongly inspired by Dark Souls, just nowhere near as hard -- emphasis on melee combat mixed with spells (Force), timing and strategy more important than twitch skills, enemies respawn after you rest at the bonfire, semi-linear level design with shortcuts that you open up as you go along, etc.  But you can change the difficulty whenever you want, most encounters are pretty straightforward even on "hard," there aren't 37 different weapons to pick from, no stats, no builds, or any of the other hard-core RPG stuff.  Basically it's a very mainstreamed Dark Souls game, only with Star Wars.
Thanks for the write up.  Never played Dark Souls, so here's my question.  Is this the type of game you can pick up and play occasionally?  Other than every other weekend morning or so, I don't get regular video game time.  I've been down to sports game for the six months or so because I know I can play those for 15 minutes, or hours, whatever I have.  If I have to invest chunks at a time, and then come back and not remember what I'm supposed to be doing (I hate those games where you have to keep a notebook going of all the quests you are supposed to be on at one time), then it won't be for me.

You dont level up or anything??

You dont level up or anything??
You do, but all you get is a skill point that you can allocate on a pretty generic skill tree -- add more health, buff this force power, add another melee attack, etc.  There are no stats to play around with, and you'll eventually get every perk you would want.

Thanks for the write up.  Never played Dark Souls, so here's my question.  Is this the type of game you can pick up and play occasionally?  Other than every other weekend morning or so, I don't get regular video game time.  I've been down to sports game for the six months or so because I know I can play those for 15 minutes, or hours, whatever I have.  If I have to invest chunks at a time, and then come back and not remember what I'm supposed to be doing (I hate those games where you have to keep a notebook going of all the quests you are supposed to be on at one time), then it won't be for me.
Yes, I would say so.  There's a log you can access that reminds you of what you're supposed to be doing if you've forgotten.

Sneak, hide in the grass, shoot for the head.

Love the color palette.  Biggest complaint with FO - too much brown and grey.

You can do that...

If you level up long guns (or your weapon skill of choice), you'll soon be an unstoppable killing machine.  Companions also trivialize most fights by drawing enemies away from you.  The difficulty balance of this game gets out of whack very quickly.
Thanks, was already doing the headshot from the bush thing with a pistol but wasn't working out.  Once I finally found a long gun I've been more able to manage now, think having  negative (str)/base (dex) physical attributes hurt more than I expected early on. 

RE: Fallen Jedi

I've only invested a couple hours, but I am really enjoying it.  The biggest gripe I've heard is how short it is.  Basically 15-20 hours of gameplay.  My biggest issue thus far, as one of those guys who tries to 100% games, is the lack of good stuff in the chests.  Maybe things change, but you can only get outfits/skins and lightsaber components that only change the appearance.  That doesn't really make me want to revisit planets to find all the chests, but I'm sure I will anyways.

Thanks, was already doing the headshot from the bush thing with a pistol but wasn't working out.  Once I finally found a long gun I've been more able to manage now, think having  negative (str)/base (dex) physical attributes hurt more than I expected early on. 
Stand still, then use the time dilation to shoot all your enemies in the legs (Cripple), particularly the melee ones.  Then begin blowing away the leaders while the companions (hopefully) hold off the other schlubs.

Playing some Modern Warfare. I’ve come to grips that I won’t have the reaction time to be as good as I used to be for this type of game. I can still do well and win in a strategic shooter like R6 Siege and PUBG, but my elite twitch shooting days are done. Once I’ve accepted that, I’ve had more fun with the game. 

Played a short game called Lone: Far Sails (see link). It was fine, not as good as Limbo / Inside which I heard it compared to. Not really close to those, but I think they’re masterpieces (especially inside). Bought it awhile back for like $4 though so it was ok, but not as good as the reviews say. 
https://www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/16/far-lone-sails-review

Other than that, opened the Witcher 3 back up. I had 150 hours put into the main game, but never played the DLC. I’m a decent bit into hearts of stone and then onto the final DLC. Brilliant game. 

I bought The Outer Worlds and fired it up last weekend.  I really like it so far, even though I am not 100% sure I am choosing how to level up correctly.   Mostly did guns and dialogue, with the focus on long guns.  I have tinkered with plasma rifles and hunting rifles and think they are at about 105 damage if fully repaired?    I just got to Monarch and I seem to be having a little more trouble with the big insects and stupid swarms, but I am still having fun.  

I got the game because I decided I need to stop playing stuff like Apex.  I am too old, and not very good at aiming quickly, so I would get slaughtered.  100s of hours on that game and still could barely get 3 kills in a game.  I like playing video games, but was getting too pissed off playing that and had to admit it's just not my thing.  

I bought The Outer Worlds and fired it up last weekend.  I really like it so far, even though I am not 100% sure I am choosing how to level up correctly.   Mostly did guns and dialogue, with the focus on long guns.  I have tinkered with plasma rifles and hunting rifles and think they are at about 105 damage if fully repaired?    I just got to Monarch and I seem to be having a little more trouble with the big insects and stupid swarms, but I am still having fun.  

I got the game because I decided I need to stop playing stuff like Apex.  I am too old, and not very good at aiming quickly, so I would get slaughtered.  100s of hours on that game and still could barely get 3 kills in a game.  I like playing video games, but was getting too pissed off playing that and had to admit it's just not my thing.  
Tried PUBG?  It’s a pretty slow burn so you can loot and not get killed immediately. It’s more about positioning and strategy than quick reflexes. 

I would say it’s the Wes Anderson of shooters. 

Tried PUBG?  It’s a pretty slow burn so you can loot and not get killed immediately. It’s more about positioning and strategy than quick reflexes. 

I would say it’s the Wes Anderson of shooters. 
I haven't, but describing something as the "Wes Anderson of _______" guarantees that I won't try it either.  ;)

What did he do to get permed?  John Bender always seemed like a pretty laid back guy to me.

He made a joke in a thread, but I think it went against the new rules in the Political forum so he got a month ban.  He then let who ever banned him know what he thought of it, using extra strong language via email I think, and was perma banned.

He made a joke in a thread, but I think it went against the new rules in the Political forum so he got a month ban.  He then let who ever banned him know what thought of it, using extra strong language via email I think, and was perma banned.
Well that sucks but good for him

He made a joke in a thread, but I think it went against the new rules in the Political forum so he got a month ban.  He then let who ever banned him know what thought of it, using extra strong language via email I think, and was perma banned.
The political forum needs more jokes , not less. A lot of pomposity, the powers that be like a mensaguys approach in there

games I'm looking at

Warcraft 3 reforged and the star wars game.  Trying to decide if I should get the star wars game for my pc or ps4.  Thinking ps4.

Cess pool of incredible dooshery.  I almost never venture in there. No point. It is incredibly divisive. Much like our country these days unfortunately.
There's a lot of arrogance in there (and pretty much everywhere else politics is discussed).  I like a good discussion and enjoy debating "the other side" with intelligent discussion but the "I'm right and you're an idiot" attitude from some is exhausting

Days Gone for $19.99 starting the 24th via Gamestop. Good deal, or will there likely be better?
It's definitely worth it for $20.  Then again, this figures to be deeply discounted at nearly all retailers after Thanksgiving, so it's not like you're going to miss out if you wait a few days.

I'm hoping to catch a deal on The Surge 2 next week.

Finally got bored and started Uncharted: Lost Legacy after installing it Dec 4th, 2018. I'm a little worried at my lack of zeal for games lately. Wonder if I'm just getting to old to enjoy them anymore. This did turn in to a pretty good 4-5 hour session though. Haven't done that in ages.

PS4 couch co-op games for families.  What do you like?  I like to get 1 or 2 for Christmas and we play the heck out of them.  Have 4 controllers and 5-6 people, so 4 would be good.  We have Rocket League, Overcooked and Trackmania Turbo that are popular.  Already have Diablo 3 but that is only popular with a few.  Love Borderlands on PC but not sure it would be what we are looking for.  Have also played pretty much all of the LEGO games.
Lara Croft and the Temple of Osiris isn’t very long, but it’s a lot of fun. It does a great job of encouraging you to work together as well.

Spelunky is supposed to be a lot of fun.

Not sure how old you kids are, but Keep Talking and Nobody Explodes is really unique and challenging if they’re a bit older.

Rayman Legends is a lot of fun and fine for a younger set.

ETA: Guacamelee 2 is a lot of fun as well.

In case anyone is looking for John Bender, I ran into him the other day playing Hearthstone online.

He has been perma banned from FBG so he won't be around any more.
I'd say create a new account, but it's been 6 months since I created mine and I'm still waiting for it to be approved.  When I applied, I did it from a PC I've never used before in a different town using a brand new email address.  So it's not like they thought it was me creating an alias.  No clue how new people are getting on this board anymore.  

Users who are viewing this thread