What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Video games...what ya playing? And what are you looking forward to? (10 Viewers)

I see that an Avengers game is coming out in 2020.  Made by Square Enix.  Looks... odd.  But SE has made some decent games.  Also made some clunkers.  I'll be interested to see more of this as it gets closer to launch in May.

well bought a couple games during the flash sale - games i liked in the past but refuse to buy every year until you get 2 games for $40...

Not sexy but

NHL 20

Nascar Heat 4

Just Cause 4 (i love this mindless game) - free with Game pass

well bought a couple games during the flash sale - games i liked in the past but refuse to buy every year until you get 2 games for $40...

Not sexy but

NHL 20

Nascar Heat 4

Just Cause 4 (i love this mindless game) - free with Game pass
JC2 may have been my favorite game ever.  Was so excited for JC3 and they focused more on multiplayer than what made the original so good.  Could not wait for JC4 and it was terrible.  A fun game, but they completely changed the gameplay and took away what made the other games so fun.  And on top of that, they released it in such a hurry that it was filled with unplayable bugs.  Sadly, I think their rush to release it may have killed that franchise.  

I wish there was a way to play JC2 on the PS4.

PS4 Slim for $199 with HZD, GoW, and LoU remastered might be a cheap enough price point for me to finally pick one up. Would prefer the Pro but no real screaming deal on those out there I see other than the CoD bundle.

Might still pass, I never have time to play games anymore so just throwing my money away anyway.

JC2 may have been my favorite game ever.  Was so excited for JC3 and they focused more on multiplayer than what made the original so good.  Could not wait for JC4 and it was terrible.  A fun game, but they completely changed the gameplay and took away what made the other games so fun.  And on top of that, they released it in such a hurry that it was filled with unplayable bugs.  Sadly, I think their rush to release it may have killed that franchise.  

I wish there was a way to play JC2 on the PS4.
I LOVED JC3 - single player was fine  - got a little repetive

If it sucks at least if was "free"  :)

I see that an Avengers game is coming out in 2020.  Made by Square Enix.  Looks... odd.  But SE has made some decent games.  Also made some clunkers.  I'll be interested to see more of this as it gets closer to launch in May.
Game looks weird I think mainly because we are all comparing it to the movie characters. Which is understandable. I’ll be there day 1 with it though. 

I LOVED JC3 - single player was fine  - got a little repetive

If it sucks at least if was "free"  :)
My biggest complaint with JC3 was that the single player game was very short.  I think I beat it in a week.  And even though the map was huge, most of it was uninhabited.  Like mountain area or just useless wasted space.  JC2 I spent moths exploring, trying to find every gas station or water tower hidden in the jungle trees.  I was so pissed when I got to 99% on that game only to find out that the programmers forgot to put a water tower on the map.  So it was impossible to get 100% on the XBOX version.

Fired up Fallout 4 for a second play through. Going to run as a sneaky ninja sniper build. I forgot how much I loved this game. And now I will  be using some mods to boot. This is one of the 5 best games on the PS4 for me. 

Fired up Fallout 4 for a second play through. Going to run as a sneaky ninja sniper build. I forgot how much I loved this game. And now I will  be using some mods to boot. This is one of the 5 best games on the PS4 for me. 
what mods will you use?  no clue how to do mods on PS4  :bag:  

My biggest complaint with JC3 was that the single player game was very short.  I think I beat it in a week.  And even though the map was huge, most of it was uninhabited.  Like mountain area or just useless wasted space.  JC2 I spent moths exploring, trying to find every gas station or water tower hidden in the jungle trees.  I was so pissed when I got to 99% on that game only to find out that the programmers forgot to put a water tower on the map.  So it was impossible to get 100% on the XBOX version.
JC2 is probably the best open world sandbox ever made.  I put hours upon hours into it.  And on PC with mods like indestructible tether, it was even better.  

Have you guys heard anything about the return of college sports games, especially football and basketball?  With the NCAA now saying that players can get paid for the use of their name/likeness, I was really hoping that also means the return of college sports video games.  I miss those games for PS4.

what mods will you use?  no clue how to do mods on PS4  :bag:  
Just improved Weather and graphics mod, Better Dogmeat (my dog/companion), a apartment mod in Concord so I can have a residence there, and infinite ammo for companions. 

That is all I will use. 

When you fire up the game click on the mods menu and browse all of them. There are tons. I try not to use too many to avoid instability in the game. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What's coming up sandlot/rpg ish? After RDR2 and Days Gone I've been spoiled this year but now the game queue is empty...

Fyi for all you pc gamers who are looking for  a controller, steam controller is 5 dollars on steam right now.  90 percent off

My almost 3 year old son loves car crashes, he will crash his toy cars together a few hours each day. I bought BeamNG and hooked my computer up to the TV so he can watch car crashes and I can sort of play a video game.

Anyone else have this? Any tips, recommended maps, car packs, etc?

Finished my play through of Horizon: Zero Dawn

I liked it well enough even if it is just a mashup of Red Dead Redemption and Tomb Raider.

Peeling back the onion that is the story of what happened is a lot more interesting than what's happening in the game's present day world.

The mechanics are perfect, and makes it more fun.

My almost 3 year old son loves car crashes, he will crash his toy cars together a few hours each day. I bought BeamNG and hooked my computer up to the TV so he can watch car crashes and I can sort of play a video game.

You should give "WreckFest" a go.

That was the main point of the game I think. I personally couldn't wait to get back to this game each day because I wanted more of the story!
The backstory to this game was actually really good.  I've mentioned this before, but they actually managed to make a "robot dinosaurs" game with a story that makes a lot of sense and isn't obviously ridiculous.  (There are plot holes of course, but they fall within the normal parameters of video game story-telling).

The game to start a young gamer on is bubble bobble.  It was made for the Nintendo so it only uses 2 buttons, jump and shoot a bubble.  It's a 2D game, so its simple to navigate.   Has characters, items, & music kids like.  The shooting of the bubbles & jumping will sharpen their motor skills & hand eye coordination.  The shape of the levels become a puzzle on how to pass.  it's great multiplayer and can play up to 4 on Xbox.  They made a version in the Xbox arcade with better graphics.  It's a perfect kids game.

The backstory to this game was actually really good.  I've mentioned this before, but they actually managed to make a "robot dinosaurs" game with a story that makes a lot of sense and isn't obviously ridiculous.  (There are plot holes of course, but they fall within the normal parameters of video game story-telling).
Yea, I don't expect games to have novel-quality stories, but this one was leaps and bounds above the norm for me.

Got an email this morning that Costco has $100 PlayStation Store egift cards on sale for $89.99 if anyone is interested.

For kicks, my games of the decade, sticking to one per series:

1.  Mass Effect 2
  2.  Witcher 3
  3.  Skyrim
  4.  StarCraft 2
  5. Dishonored 2
  6.  Halo 4
  7.  Assassin's Creed: Black Flag
  8.  Spiderman
  9.  Firewatch
  10.  Titanfall 2
Honorable mention: Wolfenstein, Horizon: Zero Dawn, Dragon Age Inquisition

For kicks, my games of the decade, sticking to one per series:

1. Dishonored 2
Trying to enjoy this before the Christmas haul arrives but I am just sooooooo bad at it. I'm sure it is a learning curve thing as I never played the original. I watched some Youtube vids and it looks so cool! Guess there is a bit of effort required before I get the feel of it.

Trying to enjoy this before the Christmas haul arrives but I am just sooooooo bad at it. I'm sure it is a learning curve thing as I never played the original. I watched some Youtube vids and it looks so cool! Guess there is a bit of effort required before I get the feel of it.
This game is all about using the powers. Get the further teleport asap. 

I find the stealth powers more useful

So I decided to do another run of Dark Souls, this time melee-only.  I don't think I've ever done a run without at least some pyromancy, and my platinum was earned with a sorcerer (i.e. easy mode).  I'll probably pick up some utility spells at some point, but I don't have anything right now.

Got the black knight halberd and oh my goodness does thing hit hard.  My character is definitely a gimped glass cannon at this point since I have to pump my strength to even wield it.  I'm at Quelaag and still stuck two-handing the halberd so I can't use a shield, and my Vit and End are way lower than they would normally be since I haven't been able to put hardly levels into either.  I can hardly wear any armor at all, and I can't take more than one hit from any boss.  But once I get my strength up and start working on my HP and stamina this character should be able to truck most of the game.

Rats. I chose the ability to see thru walls and the stop time one over upgrading it. I'll get that upgrade next. I just started working my way through Chapter 3.

And believe me, I don't try to fight my way through. I absolutely stink at melee. Mostly because if I end up in a sword fight, it's usually against multiple enemies and I just go overwhelmed.

Chapter three going much better as I get the hang of it. Stopping time is my "bail out" move. That, along with an upgraded Blink, I'm getting to the point were I'm dying much, much less if at all. I only just started chapter three, but got all the bone shard and runes and cleared the area without dying. Time to hop on the carriage.

• Smile
Reactions: jwb
So after watching the Witcher I am thinking about starting Witcher 3 from scratch again. I never finished it. Not sure why.
It’s amazing but it’s f’ing long. 

I started it, played forever and quit. Then I finished on my 2nd play through. My advice, stick to the story missions and just go that route. The extra contracts and missions are hundreds of hours. 

Chapter three going much better as I get the hang of it. Stopping time is my "bail out" move. That, along with an upgraded Blink, I'm getting to the point were I'm dying much, much less if at all. I only just started chapter three, but got all the bone shard and runes and cleared the area without dying. Time to hop on the carriage.
Yea, this game is a lot of fun once you get the hang of using the powers/etc. 

When you beat it, you can play again as the other character, and keep all of your powers right from the start. Very fun.

Users who are viewing this thread