What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Streaming or currently airing TV shows (AKA Netflix thread) (10 Viewers)

A few pages back someone was raving about Paul Newman's work. We watched "Sometimes a Great Notion" last night about a logging family in the Pac NW. Newman had the main role and directed also starring Henry Fonda and Michael Sarrazin. Very good flick.

And for the lovers of the great movies of the 70's, could not resist instant access to Billy Jack---"I'm gonna take this side of my foot and put it on that side of your face." THWACK!

Don't know if anyone's mentioned it yet. Don't really care. If you haven't done so, put The Other Guys in your queue. Hilarious. By far my favorite Will Farrell movie :thumbup:

I just watched Hopscotch, a surprisingly good and clever comedy about a CIA operative forced to resign and his revenge against his boss. It has Walter Matthau, Sam Waterson, and Ned Beatty in it, several exotic locations, and a very 70's-vibe (even though it was technically made in 1980.) :thumbup:

If your kids (or you I suppose) are into dinosaurs, there's a few BBC series about prehistoric animals. I think one is "Walking With Dinosaurs." My 6 year old son LOVES them, and they're fairly entertaining to me too.

Question: I just got a TiVo (replacing crappy comcast DVR), and am planning on using NetFlix on it as well. If I got my daughter a Roku box for her room, can movies be streamed simultaneously to the TiVo and Roku, or would I run into a bandwidth or other issue?

'SmoovySmoov said:
Bill Burr..knocks it outta the park :lmao:
Almost peed myself watching this the other night. Hilarious.
Just got done watching this. I loved the end part talking about the old guys. Hilarious!!!
I would not have watched this without the good word giving here and so glad I did. That old guy part at the end had me seriously in pain laughing with tears rolling down my eyes and still was making me laugh at work the next day thinking about it.

Question: I just got a TiVo (replacing crappy comcast DVR), and am planning on using NetFlix on it as well. If I got my daughter a Roku box for her room, can movies be streamed simultaneously to the TiVo and Roku, or would I run into a bandwidth or other issue?
Yes, with no problems. Not uncommon for me to have 3 devices streaming Netflix at once all in HD.

A couple of big name (somewhat) new release begin streaming today- Salt and Easy A. Not saying anything good or bad about the quality of these films, but I am happy to see movies hitting instant watch status sooner.

Yes, with no problems. Not uncommon for me to have 3 devices streaming Netflix at once all in HD.
From a TiVo as a source? I'm not clear how the TiVo works with other machines. I thought they needed proprietary software installed.

From a TiVo as a source? I'm not clear how the TiVo works with other machines. I thought they needed proprietary software installed.
Ok, I guess I don't know the answer to that then. All mine are ran through XBox 360s. According to Netflix you can have up to 5 devices linked to your account I think.

Completely into Sons of Anarchy right now. About 7 episodes in and loving every second.
The theme song alone makes me wanna drop everything so I can become an outlaw and just ride around all day long. The chicks on the pool table part would also be cool.
Agree about the theme song. Makes me think of the song from Deadwood, and is just as catchy as the True Blood song.Finished season one and dove right into season two.

The one complaint/question I have is that if Jax is this badass biker, what is up with the shiny white shoes and T-shirts. Take his coat off and he looks like any preppy guy from the OC. Other than that, this is the best show I have seen in a while.
debated ad naseum in SoA thread. Jax is on record saying its his "thing" and he won't change. great show :thumbup:

Ok, I guess I don't know the answer to that then. All mine are ran through XBox 360s. According to Netflix you can have up to 5 devices linked to your account I think.
I may be misreading Gordo's question. If he has a TiVo and Roku getting separate feeds from the router, I think he should be fine. If he's trying to hook up the Roku to the Tivo, though, and sharing the feed, that might be an issue.

I may be misreading Gordo's question. If he has a TiVo and Roku getting separate feeds from the router, I think he should be fine. If he's trying to hook up the Roku to the Tivo, though, and sharing the feed, that might be an issue.
Seperate. Tivo in living Room, RoKu in bedroom. Thanks guys. Mainly just want to know if I can stream simultaneously to more than one device.

Seperate. Tivo in living Room, RoKu in bedroom. Thanks guys. Mainly just want to know if I can stream simultaneously to more than one device.
I stream to 3 in my house...my HDTV, my Wii and my Blu-ray player all in different rooms

A couple of big name (somewhat) new release begin streaming today- Salt and Easy A. Not saying anything good or bad about the quality of these films, but I am happy to see movies hitting instant watch status sooner.
I definitely want to see Easy A... thanks for the info :thumbup:

Bill Burr..knocks it outta the park :lmao:
Almost peed myself watching this the other night. Hilarious.
Just got done watching this. I loved the end part talking about the old guys. Hilarious!!!
I would not have watched this without the good word giving here and so glad I did. That old guy part at the end had me seriously in pain laughing with tears rolling down my eyes and still was making me laugh at work the next day thinking about it.
:thumbup:

Big :thumbup: to this thread and TiVo streaming.

Just got my TiVo hooked up this morning, and am loading up my queue with suggestions from this thread. :popcorn:

Thumbs Up

A documentary series on one of the coolest pairs of hitchhikers on the road. Only thing that sucks is that there are 9 episodes total which makes 2 partial seasons. I was really into Season 1 before it cut off abruptly after Episode 4. Recommended for just about anyone who would enjoy any kind of documentary series.

The one complaint/question I have is that if Jax is this badass biker, what is up with the shiny white shoes and T-shirts. Take his coat off and he looks like any preppy guy from the OC. Other than that, this is the best show I have seen in a while.
debated ad naseum in SoA thread. Jax is on record saying its his "thing" and he won't change. great show :thumbup:
Thanks. I have stayed out of that thread on purpose until I catch up.

I really liked Easy A.
Im pretty sure I saw you liked it in the movie thread. I thought it looked good when I first saw previews, then when I saw it got some love on FBG I knew it had to be a lock!
I've seen it twice. Once in theaters, then again a few weeks ago. Solid movie.
Watched it with my girlfriend and was very pleasantly surprised. It's got a lot of witty dialogue

I really liked Easy A.
Im pretty sure I saw you liked it in the movie thread. I thought it looked good when I first saw previews, then when I saw it got some love on FBG I knew it had to be a lock!
Watched it with my girlfriend and was very pleasantly surprised. It's got a lot of witty dialogue
I was going to post this exactly. No joke.

For some reason I cannot watch Easy A, it is in my Saved folder. Can someone confirm it is available to them?

Saved Instant (10)

Movie Title Instant Star Rating Genre Availability Remove

Easy A

Rate 5 starsRate 4 starsRate 3 starsRate 2 starsRate 1 star

Comedy From 4/20/11

It might have something to do with, my gf just watched this two hours ago on our Roku (she is elsewhere). Not sure why it locks me out though?

I really liked Easy A.
Rented it a while ago. Watched it while fiance was asleep thinking it would be a chick flick. Made him watch the next day and he loved it. We just watched it again this morning via streaming. Good movie. Enjoyable writing and interactions.

Watched Doghouse yesterday. It is a newer, British Evil Dead-like movie. Tongue firmly in cheek from the beginning. I loved it.

Cowboy Bebop: The Movie. I never watched the show, I wish that was on streaming as well, but this is not only one of the best anime movies I've seen but one of the better movies I've seen.

I really liked Easy A.
Rented it a while ago. Watched it while fiance was asleep thinking it would be a chick flick. Made him watch the next day and he loved it. We just watched it again this morning via streaming. Good movie. Enjoyable writing and interactions.
Finally watched it, really liked it...solid 4.5/5 IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
So I noticed a tv movie I watched when I was a kid back in the early 90's was available, "Tek War." Based on some William Shatner books, it had a lot of early cgi/vr type special effects and was a big predictor on what people thought was going to be the "internet." Spawned like 3 more tv movies and a short lived tv series. Remembered really liking it back then, but good lord was it cheesy and low-budget.

It was a part of a big marketing campaign to start the networks that eventually became UPN/WB and then CW. The most famous byproduct from the campaign being some Hercules/Kevin Sorbo tv movies which became the syndicated series (which spawned Xena of course.) A nice trip down memory lane.

I was laughing because there were a bunch of actors that are in a lot of canadian produced sci-fi tv show's. A lot of Stargate actors: the main woman from Stargate Atlantis, Michael Shanks now wife that played a doctor on both SG1 & now the series V. A few other randoms like people that were in Earth: Final Conflict or Andromeda or Highlander the Series.

Martin Scorsese's 2005 documentary on Bob Dylan, No Direction Home, is now streaming.

Watched this on PBS when it came out and thought it was excellent. Received a Peabody Award in 2006 and a Columbia-duPont Award in 2007. Holds a 93% rating on Rotten Tomatoes.
You just gave me my movie Im watching when I work out in 10 minutes. ThanksETA: Not available

:(

I watched "Trade" last night. Kevin Kline plays a detective looking into human trafficking/sex trade. Not great but pretty solid overall.

Watched the following this weekend:

Kick a++: Overrated.

Salt: Wasn't expecting much, but really liked this movie. Very good.

Hot Tub Time Machine - Made me laugh.

Users who are viewing this thread