What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Total registrations so far (1 Viewer)

David Dodds said:
We are at 545 teams right now. The PROGRESSIVE JACKPOT looks to be activated this week.
Congratulations to your success!
Thanks. But it's all of you guys joining and making this the event that it is.I think this event really is going to be something special. Not just this year, but for many more going forward. Looks like we are now at 565 so the Progressive is probably going to trip on Tuesday sometime.

Last edited by a moderator:
The Footballguys Players Championship has gone over 660 teams and has moved the progressive prize structure forward as seen here.

Championship Round

1. 52,500

2. 8,000

3. 3,500

4. 2,500

5. 2,500

6. 2,000

7. 1,500

8. 1,000

9. 1,000

10. 1,000

11. FBG Life

12. FBG Life

13. FBG Life

14. FBG Life

15. FBG Life

16. FBG Life

17. FBG Life

18. FBG Life

19. FBG Life

20. FBG Life

21. FBG Life

22. FBG Life

23. FBG Life

24. FBG Life

25. FBG Life

26. FBG Life

27. FBG Life

28. FBG Life

29. FBG Life

30. FBG Life

31. FBG 3YR

32. FBG 3YR

33. FBG 3YR

34. FBG 3YR

35. FBG 3YR

36. FBG 3YR

37. FBG 3YR

38. FBG 3YR

39. FBG 3YR

40. FBG 3YR

41. FBG 3YR

42. FBG 3YR

43. FBG 3YR

44. FBG 3YR

45. FBG 3YR

46. FBG 3YR

47. FBG 3YR

48. FBG 3YR

49. FBG 3YR

50. FBG 3YR

51. FBG 3YR

52. FBG 3YR

53. FBG 3YR

54. FBG 3YR

55. FBG 3YR

56. FBG 3YR

57. FBG 3YR

58. FBG 3YR

59. FBG 3YR

60. FBG 3YR

Overall Standings Regular Season

1. 1,200

2. 350

3. 350

Consolation Round

1. 1,500

2. 750

3. 500

4. 350

5. 350

Toilet Bowl

1. 350

2. 350

3. 350

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome. Looks like this league will be a huge success. :no:

I know you guys run a top notch league. When is the deadline to get in?

Thanks,

Joe T

Awesome. Looks like this league will be a huge success. :yes: I know you guys run a top notch league. When is the deadline to get in?Thanks,Joe T
We will have drafts all the way until September 8th. We currently sit at 690 total teams and expect this to get downright silly over the next couple of weeks.

Awesome. Looks like this league will be a huge success. ;) I know you guys run a top notch league. When is the deadline to get in?Thanks,Joe T
We will have drafts all the way until September 8th. We currently sit at 690 total teams and expect this to get downright silly over the next couple of weeks.
I know FootballGuys wants to make money from the new contest but I was looking at the progressive scenareo. Does'nt seem like the increased payout coincides with with the number of players. At 600 teams its 50k. At 1200 its 75K. Theoretically it should be 100k. Anyone else notice that? Almost think it would be better to close it off at 600 teams flat. Just looking at the numbers...more teams...more chance for the perfect team to take it all. Might be a good topic of discussion here. Stoked with my team by the way...looking forward to Brady's 50TD's :unsure:

gladmark said:
I know FootballGuys wants to make money from the new contest but I was looking at the progressive scenareo. Does'nt seem like the increased payout coincides with with the number of players. At 600 teams its 50k. At 1200 its 75K. Theoretically it should be 100k. Anyone else notice that? Almost think it would be better to close it off at 600 teams flat. Just looking at the numbers...more teams...more chance for the perfect team to take it all. Might be a good topic of discussion here. Stoked with my team by the way...looking forward to Brady's 50TD's :)
The math is not as simple as you are presenting at all. We are increasing a slew of other prizes as we go besides the top prize. 2nd, consolation, and a bunch of other prizes all increase each step up the ladder. Additionally this contest would have likely lost money right at 600 teams. Above 100 leagues, we will add $1,500 in prizes for every league added. This is on top of the $2,000+ in league prizes. Since many entries come in around $333 (3 for $1,000) and we lose 3% via Visa/Mastercard, you can do the math. We are operating on very slim margins here. There are costs for promoting, managing, league software, etc. There is a reason there has not been an event this big at this price range before. It's extremely difficult to pull off. Had we sold 300 teams with our guaranteed prize pool of $50K, we would have taken a bath. But in the end we are not looking to twist anyone's arm. We know the prize structure is very fair and it's a big reason we have sold so many entries already.

gladmark said:
I know FootballGuys wants to make money from the new contest but I was looking at the progressive scenareo. Does'nt seem like the increased payout coincides with with the number of players. At 600 teams its 50k. At 1200 its 75K. Theoretically it should be 100k. Anyone else notice that? Almost think it would be better to close it off at 600 teams flat. Just looking at the numbers...more teams...more chance for the perfect team to take it all. Might be a good topic of discussion here. Stoked with my team by the way...looking forward to Brady's 50TD's :)
The math is not as simple as you are presenting at all. We are increasing a slew of other prizes as we go besides the top prize. 2nd, consolation, and a bunch of other prizes all increase each step up the ladder. Additionally this contest would have likely lost money right at 600 teams. Above 100 leagues, we will add $1,500 in prizes for every league added. This is on top of the $2,000+ in league prizes. Since many entries come in around $333 (3 for $1,000) and we lose 3% via Visa/Mastercard, you can do the math. We are operating on very slim margins here. There are costs for promoting, managing, league software, etc. There is a reason there has not been an event this big at this price range before. It's extremely difficult to pull off. Had we sold 300 teams with our guaranteed prize pool of $50K, we would have taken a bath. But in the end we are not looking to twist anyone's arm. We know the prize structure is very fair and it's a big reason we have sold so many entries already.
Cool...point taken. Just would be amazing if this thing rivaled the FFPC 100k contest in its first year for prize money. Can you imagine? But, you cant predict the future so I understand. Maybe an alternative to consider is boosting the top 10 prize payouts instead of adding it MOSTLY to the grand prize. Its a big accomplishment to finish top 10. Like the guy in 10th would make like $2,500. Im not a math expert and havent studied prize structure...just sayin. Softens the blow from being so close.....Im ALL in on the contest David...happy to say I was in the inaugural season...

The prize pool is a delicate balance. People get excited about a huge top prize and that adds more people to play. But I agree finishing anywhere in the top 10% is a major accomplishment. We are going to do our best to keep that balance going (growing both the top and other prizes).

Users who are viewing this thread