What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

12 team dynasty league, $100, looking for two owners (Brees, AJ, (1 Viewer)

Other FBGs in this league: myself, JohnnyU, Iron_Far. Might be some others too.

Last edited by a moderator:
The teams have some age, but they also have some players who still hold trade value for rebuilding. Each team has a few guys I'll be making offers for if the new owners are looking to acquire more draft picks.

Kleck said:
The teams have some age, but they also have some players who still hold trade value for rebuilding. Each team has a few guys I'll be making offers for if the new owners are looking to acquire more draft picks.
I'd take the team with Brees on it but the 4 pts for passing TD's, kills it for me. I will only play in leagues that are 6 pts for all TD's. Sorry.

Are you discounting either of these teams? Despite what they may have done last year, which blows my mind because team does not have a single decent WR, they are not going to do anything this year. I would like a good project though, I think I can turn around both of them. That said, I am not going to attempt to do so at full price with others teams are sitting with several super studs.

justinwhitlock777@hotmail.com

What draft pick does team #2 have? Are all the rookies available? How can I see what players are available for draft?

What draft pick does team #2 have? Are all the rookies available? How can I see what players are available for draft?
The draft hasn't taken place yet. I'm not the commish, but I think he's combining the teams and doing a mini draft of just those players. I assume the picks each team owns is included in that mini-draft. After the two teams are filled we will have our regular rookie draft.Open Team 1 picksYear 2010 Draft Pick 1.09 Year 2010 Draft Pick 4.09 Year 2010 Draft Pick 5.01 Year 2010 Draft Pick 5.09 Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick from JohnnyU Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2011 Round 3 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2011 Round 4 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2011 Round 5 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Year 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Open Team 1 Open Team 2 picksYear 2010 Draft Pick 1.07 Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.07 Year 2010 Draft Pick 3.07 Year 2010 Draft Pick 4.07 Year 2010 Draft Pick 5.07 Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2011 Round 3 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2011 Round 4 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2011 Round 5 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2012 Round 1 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2012 Round 2 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2012 Round 3 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2012 Round 4 Draft Pick from Open Team 2 Year 2012 Round 5 Draft Pick from Open Team

These teams are absolutely buried, only team 2 has any hope and the whole team is really old. There is no way with the 7th and 9th pick they can have any chance to thrive or really build. You all should consider giving them the top picks. I will take team 2 with the top pick.

These teams are absolutely buried, only team 2 has any hope and the whole team is really old. There is no way with the 7th and 9th pick they can have any chance to thrive or really build. You all should consider giving them the top picks. I will take team 2 with the top pick.
That's a ridiculous idea. These teams have some good players and picks. I'm sure the commish will find someone interested in a challenge. You should see the team I took over this year. Talk about rebuilding and no 1st rd pick. I took Mike Williams (Bucs) at 2.02 :yawn: . That team had Portis, Bush, and Wells as it's RBs, S Holmes, Garcon, and Eddie Royal as WRs. So even with Brady, Ryan, Clark, Keller, that team was horrible. These teams can be a lot better than that and they have most of their picks for now and the future. One of them has two 1st rd picks next year.

You should see the team I took over this year. Talk about rebuilding and no 1st rd pick. I took Mike Williams (Bucs) at 2.02 wink1.gif. That team had Portis, Bush, and Wells as it's RBs, S Holmes, Garcon, and Eddie Royal as WRs. So even with Brady, Ryan, Clark, Keller, that team was horrible. These teams can be a lot better than that and they have most of their picks for now and the future. One of them has two 1st rd picks next year.

QB: Brady, Ryan

RB: Portis, Bush, Wells

WR: Holmes, Garcon, Royal

TW: Clark, Keller

I am sorry friend, but that team has zero chance of winning this year. Holmes is out for four games and will be a very crowded tandem of WRs, with Sanzhez throwing to him, on a run 1st team. Garcon might be the #2, should be, and will likely be useful but is not going to anchor your WR core. For some reason, McDaniels hates Royal and is decimating his career. Wells is going to have more of a problem with Hightower than most think, IMO. Furthermore, if Leinart cannot get the job done there is a lot of 3 and outs to go with a crowded box. Reggie Bush will be Reggie Bush and that is a really low #2RB. I think Portis breaks out, but with Shanny's history of RB swapping and his love for Torain it could be questionable. Outside of Brady and Clark, there is a TON of questions without a TON of upside potential.

The teams are buried, I can easily get into another league and compete this year. I am not going to invest all that time and money to play for next year when they seaosn has yet to begin. Best of luck to your league and commish.

You should see the team I took over this year. Talk about rebuilding and no 1st rd pick. I took Mike Williams (Bucs) at 2.02 wink1.gif. That team had Portis, Bush, and Wells as it's RBs, S Holmes, Garcon, and Eddie Royal as WRs. So even with Brady, Ryan, Clark, Keller, that team was horrible. These teams can be a lot better than that and they have most of their picks for now and the future. One of them has two 1st rd picks next year.

QB: Brady, Ryan

RB: Portis, Bush, Wells

WR: Holmes, Garcon, Royal

TW: Clark, Keller

I am sorry friend, but that team has zero chance of winning this year. Holmes is out for four games and will be a very crowded tandem of WRs, with Sanzhez throwing to him, on a run 1st team. Garcon might be the #2, should be, and will likely be useful but is not going to anchor your WR core. For some reason, McDaniels hates Royal and is decimating his career. Wells is going to have more of a problem with Hightower than most think, IMO. Furthermore, if Leinart cannot get the job done there is a lot of 3 and outs to go with a crowded box. Reggie Bush will be Reggie Bush and that is a really low #2RB. I think Portis breaks out, but with Shanny's history of RB swapping and his love for Torain it could be questionable. Outside of Brady and Clark, there is a TON of questions without a TON of upside potential.

The teams are buried, I can easily get into another league and compete this year. I am not going to invest all that time and money to play for next year when they seaosn has yet to begin. Best of luck to your league and commish.
That was a team that I took over in a different league, not a team in the same league that open teams are being advertised in this thread. I'm just trying to point out that some of us take on projects because we like the idea of rebuilding. By the way, here is what that same team looks like right now in just a couple weeks of dealing and with no 1st rd pick in this year's rookie drat already held. The point is not to win this year, but to begin the process of making the team better. That's what I've done with this team in a different league and that's what a new owner for the two open teams in the advertised league can do.

Two 2011 1st rd picks (including my own), 2 2011 2nd rd picks (including my own), and a 2011 3rd and 4th rd pick. I traded for the extra 2011 1st and I also traded for a bunch of late rd picks in the 2010 draft.

Bradford, Sam STL QB ® <-------- Traded for

Freeman, Josh TBB QB <-------- Traded for

Ryan, Matt ATL QB

Best, Jahvid DET RB ® <-------- Traded for

Huggins, Kareem TBB RB <------ waiver wire

Jackson, Brandon GBP RB <------ waiver wire

Karim, Deji JAC RB ® <----- Drafted

Scott, Charles PHI RB ® <----- Drafted

Wells, Chris ARI RB

Collie, Austin IND WR

Davis, Craig SDC WR (P) - <------ Drafted

Garcon, Pierre IND WR

Holmes, Santonio NYJ WR

Knox, Johnny CHI WR <-------- Traded for

Naanee, Legedu SDC WR <------ Drafted

Price, Taylor NEP WR ® <------ Drafted

Roberts, Andre ARI WR ® <----- Drafted

Royal, Eddie DEN WR

Shipley, Jordan CIN WR ® <----- Drafted

Thomas, Devin WAS WR <------ Traded for

Williams, Jeremy SDC WR ® <------- waiver wire

Williams, Mike TBB WR ® <------ Drafted

Casey, James HOU TE <-------- wavier wire

Graham, Jimmy NOS <------- Drafted

Keller, Dustin NYJ TE

Thomas, Dave NOS TE <-------- Waiver wire

Crosby, Mason GBP PK -

Eagles, Philadelphia PHI Def <------ Waiver wire

Packers, Green Bay GBP Def

Steelers, Pittsburgh PIT Def

Trades I've made the last two weeks since taking over that team. I x'd out the trading team in case they don't want anyone to know.

1. JohnnyU / xxxxx JohnnyU gave up Clark, Dallas IND TE

xxxxx gave up Bradford, Sam STL QB

Tue Aug 10 10:06:50 p.m. ET 2010

2. JohnnyU / xxxxx Trade JohnnyU gave up Brady, Tom NEP QB;Bush, Reggie NOS RB

xxxxx gave up Freeman, Josh TBB QB;Best, Jahvid DET RB; Year 2011 Round 1 Draft Pick from xxxxx

Sun Aug 8 2:29:55 p.m. ET 2010

3. JohnnyU / xxxxx Trade JohnnyU gave up Year 2011 Round 3 Draft Pick from xxxxx

xxxxx gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 4.03

Fri Aug 6 10:32:29 a.m. ET 2010

4. JohnnyU /xxxxx Trade JohnnyU gave up Walter, Kevin HOU WR

xxxxx gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 4.01

Thu Aug 5 11:59:22 p.m. ET 2010

5. JohnnyU / xxxxx Trade JohnnyU gave up Bess, Davone MIA WR

xxxxx gave up Hamilton, Lynell NOS RB

Wed Aug 4 3:25:10 p.m. ET 2010

6. xxxxx / JohnnyU Trade xxxxx gave up Knox, Johnny CHI WR

JohnnyU gave up Cooley, Chris WAS TE

Comments: Just straight up works for me.

Mon Aug 2 12:42:30 p.m. ET 2010

7. xxxxx / JohnnyU Trade xxxxx gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 2.10; Year 2011 Round 3 Draft Pick from xxxxx

JohnnyU gave up Harrison, Jerome CLE RB;Edelman, Julian NEP WR

Mon Jul 26 4:40:04 p.m. ET 2010

8. JohnnyU / xxxxx Trade JohnnyU gave up Portis, Clinton WAS RB

xxxxx gave up Leftwich, Byron PIT QB; Year 2011 Round 2 Draft Pick from xxxxx <----- turned out to be Jimmy Graham who I'm very high on.

Mon Jul 26 1:08:00 p.m. ET 2010

9. JohnnyU / xxxxx Trade JohnnyU gave up Gaffney, Jabar DEN WR

xxxxx gave up Year 2010 Draft Pick 3.02 <------ turned out to be Taylor Price

Mon Jul 26 12:57:16 p.m. ET 2010

10. JohnnyU / xxxxx Trade JohnnyU gave up Cassel, Matt KCC QB;Massaquoi, Mohamed CLE WR

xxxxx gave up Thomas, Devin WAS WR; Year 2010 Draft Pick 3.09

Mon Jul 26 12:22:32 p.m. ET 2010

My draft picks made in 2010 draft for this team that I took over just before the draft

2.02 12. JohnnyU Williams, Mike TBB WR ® Mon Aug 2 9:09:56 p.m. ET 2010

2.10 20. JohnnyU Graham, Jimmy NOS TE ® Wed Aug 4 2:52:16 p.m. ET 2010

3.02 22. JohnnyU Price, Taylor NEP WR ® Wed Aug 4 2:54:47 p.m. ET 2010

3.09 29. JohnnyU Karim, Deji JAC RB ® Thu Aug 5 2:08:09 a.m. ET 2010

3.10 30. JohnnyU Naanee, Legedu SDC WR Thu Aug 5 10:02:32 a.m. ET 2010

4.01 31. JohnnyU Scott, Charles PHI RB ® Fri Aug 6 12:05:17 a.m. ET 2010

4.02 32. JohnnyU Shipley, Jordan CIN WR ® Fri Aug 6 12:05:18 a.m. ET 2010

4.03 33. JohnnyU Roberts, Andre ARI WR ® Fri Aug 6 11:10:49 a.m. ET 2010

4.10 40. JohnnyU Davis, Craig SDC WR Sun Aug 8 4:55:45 p.m. ET 2010

The whole point to all of that was that sometimes it is fun rebuilding teams. Now that team of mine is not close to being rebuilt, but I feel I've pointed it in the right direction. Certainly better than it was two weeks ago. After a few drafts I should be able to compete. Owners taking over the two teams advertised in this thread have no harder rebuilding process than I have with the team I listed and some would consider it easier. .

The team I took over a few years ago in this league wasn't much, if any, better than the ones available now.

Both good teams, owners have just decided to cut back.

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2010/...O=07&F=0003
http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2010/...O=07&F=0002

I will end up looking for two volunteers, then we'll do a quick draft to allocate the players owned by the two old teams to the two new teams.

Thanks
Interested in team #2. Long time FF player but never in Dynasty league. What are rules regarding how many players can be kept and for redrafting?

what are you talking about when you say a mini draft with combined players?? and you haven't had your 2010 rookie draft yet??

Ray Orriss said:
Both good teams, owners have just decided to cut back.

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2010/...O=07&F=0003

http://football8.myfantasyleague.com/2010/...O=07&F=0002

I will end up looking for two volunteers, then we'll do a quick draft to allocate the players owned by the two old teams to the two new teams.

Thanks
Interested in team #2. Long time FF player but never in Dynasty league. What are rules regarding how many players can be kept and for redrafting?
I see a lot of negative comments. I will take team #2. Tell me what to do.

what are you talking about when you say a mini draft with combined players?? and you haven't had your 2010 rookie draft yet??
I believe the commish was wanting to combine the two teams and hold a "mini-draft" for the two new owners for those players, then we will have our 2010 Rookie Draft. Not sure if that's the plan or not.

I might be interested. I've joined three different dynasty leagues through FBG, if references are needed. PM me if you're still looking.

Users who are viewing this thread