What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is Chung Benched? (1 Viewer)

After all that BS in the first half Chung more than likely will finish as the second highest scoring DB in my league for week 4.

Chung played out of his mind! I got 48 pts this week from the Patroits ST...yahoo...only thing that sucks i still lost...by only 10 pts...awesome special teams play....Chung is great

I think we all owe a big thanks for FBG for pushing this guy prior to the season. Like most of you, I have him on my team (along with Laron Landry and TJ Ward). My defense is winning me a lot of games.

My concern is that Chung apparently did not start. He only got significant playing time when Merriweather went out with the knee injury. Not sure what to think, but if Merriweather is okay, Chung may be in a backup role???? They have a bye next week, but I'll be paying close attention to this. :confused:

First of all, this thread is very funny if you read it from the beginning. It starts with :goodposting: :rant: and ends with :excited: :pickle:

His TD won me my game last night as I was trailing by 5 points late and didn't expect anything more from Gostkowski or Moss, so I'm right there with you guys. :pickle:

Slevin Kelevra said:
Otter said:
My concern is that Chung apparently did not start. He only got significant playing time when Merriweather went out with the knee injury.
He did startBut it looks like he was benched after he blew the coverage on Bess TD
This is correct. He blew the coverage and then didn't make the tackle on Bess. Belichik wasn't happy with him then but later he was like :-D

One last note, Chung is part of a record because of the pick 6! :goodposting:
For those who aren't aware of the record - the Patriots became the first team in NFL history to score in all of the following ways in one single game:A rushing TDA receiving TDA kickoff return for a TDA blocked field goal for a TDAnd return an interception for a TDI turned the game on right after half time. I needed a big game from Chung too, so I'm kind of glad I missed the disappointing first half.

My offense tanked this week. But Tuck and Chung saved the day. Even as a Dolphins homer I enjoyed that performance.

Pretty sure Chung started but was briefly benched after the Bess TD as some have said.

This is not the 1st time I heard the TV announcers say Chung was coming in off the bench for someone, when he clearly started the game. Guess they all aren't tuned in to FBG's, and have yet to learn who he is.

That pick6 and 4 late solos really saved the evening for me. Instant mood change for sure.

Pretty sure Chung started but was briefly benched after the Bess TD as some have said.

This is not the 1st time I heard the TV announcers say Chung was coming in off the bench for someone, when he clearly started the game. Guess they all aren't tuned in to FBG's, and have yet to learn who he is.

That pick6 and 4 late solos really saved the evening for me. Instant mood change for sure.
Before the pick6 I was about to lose by 5 points to the worst team in the league thanks to Moss' statistical absence. I would have been a miserable 2-2 rather than a solid 3-1. All because of a safety named Patrick Chung.This game is ridiculous at times.

Wow, so many ppl in the same situation as me..!!! I was neck-and-neck with my opponent going into Monday..

He had Mayo going for him.. I had Chung..

After the 1st half, I was getting slaughtered..

Mayo had a huge tackling night.. but Chung came through in the end with the pick-6 to win it for me!!!!

Mayo ended up with 29 pts.. Chung gave me 31.5 in our league!!

THANK YOU FBG!!!!

Any updates on the injury?
Patriots SS Patrick Chung (knee) is expected to miss 1-2 weeks of action, according to 98.5 The Sports Hub's Gresh & Zolak.

Take this report with a grain of salt, as it's an unlikely source to break news. We should know later this week how much time Chung will miss, though coach Bill Belichick will surely be predictably vague.

I hope he recovers fast, he was one of my better players and I hate to drop him for a 1 or 2 week replacement since I don't roster any backup IDP players.

It's either a knee or an ankle but reports are coming out of Foxboro that he showed up in the locker room this AM without a limp and said that he felt great.

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- Reporters saw injured safety Patrick Chung walk through the Patriots' locker room Wednesday, and it looks like Chung escaped a serious injury.

Chung had been knocked out of Sunday's win over the Chargers in the first half with a knee injury. When reporters spotted him Wednesday morning, Chung walked through the locker room without the aid of crutches and did not appear to be limping.

The Patriots practice this afternoon and while Chung could still miss time, it doesn't look like a long-range situation based on Chung's presence in the locker room Wednesday.
http://espn.go.com/blog/boston/new-england...-serious-injury

According to Espn:

Safety Patrick Chung and receiver Deion Branch are both listed as questionable for Sunday's game against the Vikings, which means they have a 50-50 chance of playing.

Chung injured his knee in last Sunday's win over the Chargers, while Branch was added to the injury report on Thursday. Both were limited in Friday's practice.

Does anyone have enough familiarity with the Patriots' reindeer games to comment on Chung's likely effectiveness this Sunday? This is probably the most we are going to get out of Bellichick between now and kickoff.

It is a late starting game so roster move will likely have to made ahead of time if he is limited / doesn't play.

unfortunately for chung owners I don't think it's an either/or situation.

belichick uses a big nickel, and they have options at the position, so he probably plays but we have no way of knowing the # of snaps ---- if he only gets 30 then chung owners will probably wish they hadn't played him.

personally, I'm in a bit of a roster space crunch as always, so I'm just going to take my chances and start him, rather than cut a player who might help me tomorrow.

Yahoo zeroed out his projections on Thursday.

They seem to be convinced he's not playing.

FBG also has him at zero.

Ugh.

I'm starting a different player this week just in case. They may hold him out or limit his playing time, too many questions at this point.

Team ROFLCOPTERS said:
I get points for blocked kicks but it must not include punts because my points didn't change (Yahoo league).
No, it will updated over night as well. Yahoo also adds the PD on interceptions, the solo tackle on sacks, etc over night.
Are you sure? I've played in quite a few IDP yahoo leagues and I've never noticed that.
This is correct. During live scoring a player won't get his solo tackle on sacks or his assist tackle on half sacks. Also, players won't get their solo tackles on forced fumbles or PD on interceptions. For example, when the ravens played the bills. On the 1st play of the 2nd half Ray Lewis tipped the pass in the air and Ed Reed has his 1st of 2 Interceptions on the day. Since the play resulted in an INT for Reed, I didn't get credit for Lewis' PD until the updates in the morning. So:*every sack is a solo tackle*every half sack is an assist tackle*every int is a pd *every ff is a solo tackle

Users who are viewing this thread