What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Yet another commish steals everyone's money (1 Viewer)

BeTheMatch

Footballguy
Another POS has walked off with everyone's money.

Eerily similar to Kremenull, this guy (Daniel Newton) told everyone right before the championship game that he was going on a 10-day cruise and would make the payouts as soon as he got back. He hasn't shown his face or responded to any emails since.

I've contacted PayPal so they can freeze that account and also track him through his bank account.

Sounds like some other league members have his address, so we'll have something to tell the police, I guess.

It's a freakin' epidemic around here.

This is really out of control.

Got to be the economy, I'd figure. :yes:

ETA: What leagues are these?

Last edited by a moderator:
Daniel Newton is the RadWoodson guy who f#cked everybody about 3-4 years ago. It was all over the message boards to stay away from the guy. He said he had gambled away all the money and would never Commish another league. Can't believe he duped more guys into doing it again . . . .

I ask for an EBAY user ID now

Most guys have those and you can see their reliability in handling money there

I'm not going to ask the commishes of the leagues I'm currently in to sign up for League Safe, but before I join a new league I will. This is ridiculous. What these guys need is a visit from some of those they ripped off, because nothing else seems to work.

Daniel Newton is the RadWoodson guy who f#cked everybody about 3-4 years ago. It was all over the message boards to stay away from the guy. He said he had gambled away all the money and would never Commish another league. Can't believe he duped more guys into doing it again . . . .
Huh, wish I had seen that. He posted back in June on the MFL looking for leagues board, and I hadn't any dealings with him before. Should've known.

Daniel Newton

100 Pippin Cir

Daphne, AL 36526

Found a phone number (251-626-3887) online with this name and address, but it says it's been disconnected. The listing in whitepages says he's 55-59 years old.

IF this is Radwoodson when I was in a league with him years back he said he had a gambling problem just as Oyster mentioned and was in his younger 20's with a new kid at the time he took the first batch of money.

If this guy did this twice.......he tops the D o u ch e list.

Coin Flip said:
IF this is Radwoodson when I was in a league with him years back he said he had a gambling problem just as Oyster mentioned and was in his younger 20's with a new kid at the time he took the first batch of money.

If this guy did this twice.......he tops the ##### list.
The name on the address I posted above said Daniel Newton Sr. and had the age of 55-59. So maybe that's his dad, and he's junior. But that's the address that someone in the league sent the check to, and that's the address he used when he paid MFL too.

JohnnyU said:
I'm not going to ask the commishes of the leagues I'm currently in to sign up for League Safe, but before I join a new league I will. This is ridiculous. What these guys need is a visit from some of those they ripped off, because nothing else seems to work.
Perhaps a thread should be started to simply list the information of known cheats to help FBG readers who are looking for leagues feel a bit safer in doing so. Someone can change userid's but to change your Paypal, EBay, and primary email information to cover all tracks would be more difficult.

OysterMan said:
He was from AntSports right?

OysterMan said:
He was from AntSports right?
I believe so. I was recruited into an MFL league that he ran a few years ago by a guy who thought he was legit. Had never heard of him before but trusted the guy that recruited me. I ended up winning the league and made a big stink when he didn't pay, claiming the gambling problem. I actually got him to start paying me like $25 every two weeks (he owed me $700) but after like 3 months or so he stopped, still owing me a lot. When I pressed him about it, he basically told me to go f@ck myself. I think he was just trying to buy time to let things cool down without ever intending to pay the full amount owed. Figuring there wasn't much I could do at that point, I dropped it. When I saw this post, I looked back into my paypal history to see the $25 payments he had made. They were all sent under the name Daniel Newton . . .

Daniel is a young kid in his 20s, not a 55 year old man. Just the other day he asked me on Instant Messenger if I would consider letting him back in one of my dynasty leagues, said he got his life back together and was doing great. I politely declined, and now see this. Its beyond pathetic to hear he's back doing this again.

Coin Flip said:
IF this is Radwoodson when I was in a league with him years back he said he had a gambling problem just as Oyster mentioned and was in his younger 20's with a new kid at the time he took the first batch of money.If this guy did this twice.......he tops the ##### list.
That's him Coin. Same guy. :useless:

Daniel (RadWoodson) has been participating in several of my fantasy football leagues for years. He's currently in my playoff league and submitted a lineup Friday evening. A couple weeks ago, I Paypal'd him his winnings (deducted his playoff entry fee) for finishing second in a Survivor League.

I hope he's just late in paying winners but not responding to e-mails is obviously not a good indication right now.

Dave

Daniel (RadWoodson) has been participating in several of my fantasy football leagues for years. He's currently in my playoff league and submitted a lineup Friday evening. A couple weeks ago, I Paypal'd him his winnings (deducted his playoff entry fee) for finishing second in a Survivor League.I hope he's just late in paying winners but not responding to e-mails is obviously not a good indication right now.Dave
How was his cruise?

being an honest commish for 13 years, this makes me sad and angry :thumbup: :thumbup: . these guy are good to give our great hobby a bad name

UFFLCommish said:
Daniel (RadWoodson) has been participating in several of my fantasy football leagues for years. He's currently in my playoff league and submitted a lineup Friday evening. A couple weeks ago, I Paypal'd him his winnings (deducted his playoff entry fee) for finishing second in a Survivor League.I hope he's just late in paying winners but not responding to e-mails is obviously not a good indication right now.Dave
Awful to hear.Too busy to respond to emails, but yet with the time to submit a playoff lineup.

JPeso said:
Antsports is the biggest sham site around. Why anybody still plays there is a mystery to me.
I think most people left about 4 years ago when Steve stopped giving a #### about the message board and the leagues.
That's about when I left Antsports. The message board went to hell and I kept getting viruses. I switched over to Quest for all my dynasty leagues. Solid competition and payouts come out like clockwork.

UFFLCommish said:
How much did he win in the Survivor league?

UFFLCommish said:
How much did he win in the Survivor league?
$48

IF this is Radwoodson when I was in a league with him years back he said he had a gambling problem just as Oyster mentioned and was in his younger 20's with a new kid at the time he took the first batch of money.If this guy did this twice.......he tops the D o u ch e list.
Good god.........round two with this guy. As noted, young guy who gambles (loses) too damn much. He was a regular back at the old AntSports MB (when active), and did his damage with that audience. Big sports gambler (always posted his weekly picks/best bets/ect). Sorry to hear he's stiffed another round of unsuspecting folks........this season has been BRUTAL with these stories. :hot:

IF this is Radwoodson when I was in a league with him years back he said he had a gambling problem just as Oyster mentioned and was in his younger 20's with a new kid at the time he took the first batch of money.If this guy did this twice.......he tops the D o u ch e list.
Good god.........round two with this guy. As noted, young guy who gambles (loses) too damn much. He was a regular back at the old AntSports MB (when active), and did his damage with that audience. Big sports gambler (always posted his weekly picks/best bets/ect). Sorry to hear he's stiffed another round of unsuspecting folks........this season has been BRUTAL with these stories. :hot:
Too funny, I remember this guy asking me if I could make bets for him and he'd repay me. Huh?!

Does anyone know what can really be done to these people? I mean really be done? If there isn't, then aren't we wasting our time talking about this? Is this just a venting exercise? The only value I see in these threads (and it's a big value) is to warn the public. I GUESS WE ARE NOW FORCED TO USE LEAGUE SAFE FOR ANY NEW LEAGUES JOINED!!!! I know that will be a prerequisite for any new league I join.

Does anyone know what can really be done to these people? I mean really be done? If there isn't, then aren't we wasting our time talking about this? Is this just a venting exercise? The only value I see in these threads (and it's a big value) is to warn the public. I GUESS WE ARE NOW FORCED TO USE LEAGUE SAFE FOR ANY NEW LEAGUES JOINED!!!! I know that will be a prerequisite for any new league I join.
I am an attorney, but don't practice. I will try to do a little research to see if anything can be done. I would think in situations like these, where the total amount owed is not a ton of money, an action can be pursued in small claims court. If a judgment is entered for the plaintiffs, you can file a wage execution and garnish his wages/bank account. I would have to think there is some case law on situations like this.

I know he's a Packer fan, and since he has a gambling problem, hopefully he won a bunch of money on the SB so he can pay people what he owes.

being an honest commish for 13 years, this makes me sad and angry :thumbup: :thumbup: . these guy are good to give our great hobby a bad name
I hear ya fsufan. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples out of hundreds of good commishes all of sudden throws a stain on all of us. I've been commishing since 1992 and have never had a problem with payouts...Never! I'd hate to have guys all of a sudden boycott my leagues just because I don't do leaguesafe, but if they do, they do. Not much I can do about it.

I hear ya fsufan. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples out of hundreds of good commishes all of sudden throws a stain on all of us. I've been commishing since 1992 and have never had a problem with payouts...Never! I'd hate to have guys all of a sudden boycott my leagues just because I don't do leaguesafe, but if they do, they do. Not much I can do about it.
As someone who is looking to join a Leather Helmet league this year I was drawn because of the transparency you provide. You run your leagues at MFL and make them viewable by the public so I can go back and read message boards about things like your address, providing multiple contacts, the number of years you've been commish, payments, drama, rule disputes, and participants reviews of how the season went. You set the standard for what to look for when looking to join a league that provides 100% payouts, but doesn't use leaguesafe.

Quick question about leaguesafe settings. What do most people use for the payout rule?

I'm going to use it as a commish this year and obviously want people to trust me and not end up like the d-bag talked about in this thread. Initially I put it on "Commissioner has total control," but then I thought people may think I'll just pay out all the fees to myself at the end of the year. I'd like to put it on "Majority approval," but I worry that I might get a bunch of people in the league that just don't bother approving the payout if they didn't win anything and the winners don't get paid and I look bad. What do others do and does anyone ever have problems with getting owners to approve the payout when using either "Majority approval" or "Unanimous approval?"

Why, thank you Griff. You're makin' me feel all warm and fuzzy inside..... :D
Deserved, buddy. Good commishes have no problem with the leage members having all the access - name, phone, email, address. And, at least with MFL, you can go back many years to investigate or talk to old/current league members. Seems like this is the norm for commishes I work with, and how i run my own leagues. It seems like FFL is a small circle sometimes, and I have run across good guys (like Gunny) and bad guys(Kremenull/Rad Woodson). Thankfully, the good ones stick together lots more, and threads like this out the bad ones.

Quick question about leaguesafe settings. What do most people use for the payout rule?I'm going to use it as a commish this year and obviously want people to trust me and not end up like the d-bag talked about in this thread. Initially I put it on "Commissioner has total control," but then I thought people may think I'll just pay out all the fees to myself at the end of the year. I'd like to put it on "Majority approval," but I worry that I might get a bunch of people in the league that just don't bother approving the payout if they didn't win anything and the winners don't get paid and I look bad. What do others do and does anyone ever have problems with getting owners to approve the payout when using either "Majority approval" or "Unanimous approval?"
As someone looking to join leagues this year, I would only join a league if leaguesafe is listed as "unanimous approval"...

'sts911911 said:
Quick question about leaguesafe settings. What do most people use for the payout rule?I'm going to use it as a commish this year and obviously want people to trust me and not end up like the d-bag talked about in this thread. Initially I put it on "Commissioner has total control," but then I thought people may think I'll just pay out all the fees to myself at the end of the year. I'd like to put it on "Majority approval," but I worry that I might get a bunch of people in the league that just don't bother approving the payout if they didn't win anything and the winners don't get paid and I look bad. What do others do and does anyone ever have problems with getting owners to approve the payout when using either "Majority approval" or "Unanimous approval?"
As someone looking to join leagues this year, I would only join a league if leaguesafe is listed as "unanimous approval"...
If you do that, one disgruntled owner can hold up the entire process. Majority approval works best. If the majority of the teams in the league dont vote, as long as the majority of those that did vote approved the payouts, the money gets paid.

I'm looking at Fantasy Football League Site run by Matt Dougherty at fflscommish@gmail.com. Does anyone have any knowledge of the safety of this league? Thanks.

Ditto here - I have been asked about Leaguesafe and respond as follows:"I have been running leagues for about 17 years now - most of the leagues and their history can be found by doing a search on MFL for teams named foursport. Never have had a payment or payout issue on my end BUT I have been stuck by a few owners who promise to pay - like last year for close to $600. I took that on the chin and did not let it affect payouts. Look at the league history as well as players whose names you will recognize that are in my leagues - would never be able to sustain credibility if I didn't pay out for all these years. That being said - I see and understand why some folks want such a service - it's just not for me and the majority of my owners - if that's not cool with you, I understand you not wanting to risk joining my leagues and that's OK"

Users who are viewing this thread