What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Leagues for kids? (1 Viewer)

Tick

Footballguy
My daughter wants to play in a FF league. I'm thinking IDP dynasty is not the way to get started...

I would screen communications to make sure everything's appropriate, but would let her manage her own team. I'd give general strategy advice, but nothing about specific players.

I think an ideal setup would be a simple league - 12 team, QRRWWWTKD, no PPR, redraft. Basically what we were all playing in 1996.

Does anyone know of a league for kids like this? Since everyone on FBG is 36 years old, I have to think I'm not the only one with an interested kid.

Last edited by a moderator:
My 9 year old son would also like to do this. I think the format you proposed would be perfect.

If you find a league let me know. I will do the same.

If we get enough FGB replies then I would seriously consider being commish for the league on myfantasyleague. I would pay for it and not charge anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a site that is set up just for kids. It's Youth FFL They say its for 10-18. My 13 year old twin boys played in a league last year and they really enjoyed it. (added a little extra trash talking to Sunday afternoons)

There is a site that is set up just for kids. It's Youth FFL They say its for 10-18. My 13 year old twin boys played in a league last year and they really enjoyed it. (added a little extra trash talking to Sunday afternoons)
This is a great format for youth starting out and with a little experience. It is run by TC Cannon. He is the commissioner of the league. My 13 yo joined for the first time last year and enjoyed it. There was some frustration as some of the owner never logged on after the initial draft. He assigns owners based on experience. There are 2 divisions (10 - 13 and 14-18 yo).

It is free and the scoring and format are the same for everybody. I could not find his thread (might be too old). But his contact info is: tccannon@cox.net

Thanks for the responses, guys. I'll keep asking around a bit, since my daughter won't be 10 before September 1.

Users who are viewing this thread