What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Dr. Gobbler welched out on his bet from year ago in this thread (1 Viewer)

Maybe he wanted to back out and give your winnings to charity like the Romney bets you made?
Tim said that was mutually agreed upon. Is that inaccurate?
I never held him to it but thought it was lame.
I wasn't aware that you thought it was lame, and I don't think it's a fair comparison. If you want to PM your address, I will send you that money first thing tomorrow. I have never welched on a bet in my life, and I don't like being compared to anyone who does.
I can't take your money. You made the bet and then said you wanted out. I agree it's not the same but its something. Whatever though. I made enough on the Obama win elsewhere.
I wanted out right after I made our bet because I felt bad about making a political bet. I would never have taken myself out of it without your permission. I offered to donate the money to charity, which I did. I don't think it's "something". I don't think I did anything wrong. I don't like the comparison being brought up here.

This ######## didn't try and back out of the bet. He didn't ask me for my permission. He simply bailed when it was time to pay up. That's my fault, of course: you can't rely on any bets you make over the internet. But when the same guy returns a year later and pretends as if nothing happens, I'm not going to shut up about it.
Might as well let it go. Lhucks finally paid me after a year, but DonnyT is still avoiding settling up on a $50 bet he made with me. One or two others schmucks from around here still owe me from a ff league. Of course Otis still owes me a $1.
who the F r u to call me or anyone names? I would not spit on you now. I was banned from logging into or reading this site for FOUR years and don't post here much at all anymore. I do know this i have the same email address that i still use and check on when i was posting here way back when and have posted here in the past for you to email me and let me know wtf ur talking about! What year are you talking about how am i to know who won what bet, I have no idea what your talking about?..i mean come this is bogus BS..what a nerve you have to post this BS! AHole! What was the bet when was the bet...do you have a screen shot, don't just post I owe you money with no PROOF, i call BS and that's worse than welshing Have you emailed me ever with any specifics about this at all or is it you who are the schmuck for calling me out like this, again i know i use the same email i joined this site with way back in the yellow board days? A simple email with specifics would have done the trick but posting this BS with no proof is bogus! For all i know its you who lost this so called bet and owe me money...I've made/paid and collected hundreds of side action bets over the years so please spare me your BS and keep me out of your BS here or PROVE what you say and just maybe you might get paid! I say maybe cuz im sick or hearing about you calling me these names over something i have no clue what so ever about!

Maybe he wanted to back out and give your winnings to charity like the Romney bets you made?
I wasn't aware that you thought it was lame, and I don't think it's a fair comparison. If you want to PM your address, I will send you that money first thing tomorrow. I have never welched on a bet in my life, and I don't like being compared to anyone who does.
I can't take your money. You made the bet and then said you wanted out. I agree it's not the same but its something. Whatever though. I made enough on the Obama win elsewhere.
I wanted out right after I made our bet because I felt bad about making a political bet. I would never have taken myself out of it without your permission. I offered to donate the money to charity, which I did. I don't think it's "something". I don't think I did anything wrong. I don't like the comparison being brought up here.

This ######## didn't try and back out of the bet. He didn't ask me for my permission. He simply bailed when it was time to pay up. That's my fault, of course: you can't rely on any bets you make over the internet. But when the same guy returns a year later and pretends as if nothing happens, I'm not going to shut up about it.
Might as well let it go. Lhucks finally paid me after a year, but DonnyT is still avoiding settling up on a $50 bet he made with me. One or two others schmucks from around here still owe me from a ff league. Of course Otis still owes me a $1.
who the F r u to call me or anyone names? I would not spit on you now. I was banned from logging into or reading this site for FOUR years and don't post here much at all anymore. I do know this i have the same email address that i still use and check on when i was posting here way back when and have posted here in the past for you to email me and let me know wtf ur talking about! What year are you talking about how am i to know who won what bet, I have no idea what your talking about?..i mean come this is bogus BS..what a nerve you have to post this BS! AHole! What was the bet when was the bet...do you have a screen shot, don't just post I owe you money with no PROOF, i call BS and that's worse than welshing Have you emailed me ever with any specifics about this at all or is it you who are the schmuck for calling me out like this, again i know i use the same email i joined this site with way back in the yellow board days? A simple email with specifics would have done the trick but posting this BS with no proof is bogus! For all i know its you who lost this so called bet and owe me money...I've made/paid and collected hundreds of side action bets over the years so please spare me your BS and keep me out of your BS here or PROVE what you say and just maybe you might get paid! I say maybe cuz im sick or hearing about you calling me these names over something i have no clue what so ever about!
This sounds legit

I can't speak for these other situations. In my case (with Dr. Gobbler) there is NO confusion, no question of whether or not there was a bet or what it was about. If you want to go looking through this thread you can find plenty of instances where he taunts me about the bet and how he's going to take my money. I didn't win that bet until the last day of the season, and that's when he became a no show. It was as crass an act as I've seen in the FFA.

I can't speak for these other situations. In my case (with Dr. Gobbler) there is NO confusion, no question of whether or not there was a bet or what it was about. If you want to go looking through this thread you can find plenty of instances where he taunts me about the bet and how he's going to take my money. I didn't win that bet until the last day of the season, and that's when he became a no show. It was as crass an act as I've seen in the FFA.
There's no confusion about DonnyT. Gobbler has a ways to go to top this nut case.http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=333822&hl=donnyt

Read the whole thread, he sent Aaron and Sonny some classic pms.

This sounds legit
:lmao:

Tim, it's not about you right now. Step aside.

This sounds legit
:lmao:
:lmao: :lmao:

This is really weird. Donny has lost several bets to me over the years, and he paid up immediately every time.

I can only conclude that he disputes that the wager was ever made, or he just decided that he doesn't like BnB.

This is really weird. Donny has lost several bets to me over the years, and he paid up immediately every time. I can only conclude that he disputes that the wager was ever made, or he just decided that he doesn't like BnB.
He got banned by the staff here for his over the top posting and used that as an excuse to not pay up. I did received one other e-mail from someone claiming to be him wanting to settle up about a year ago or so. I replied and never heard back. Maybe it was one of Teo's buddies cat fishing.

This is really weird. Donny has lost several bets to me over the years, and he paid up immediately every time. I can only conclude that he disputes that the wager was ever made, or he just decided that he doesn't like BnB.
He got banned by the staff here for his over the top posting and used that as an excuse to not pay up. I did received one other e-mail from someone claiming to be him wanting to settle up about a year ago or so. I replied and never heard back. Maybe it was one of Teo's buddies cat fishing.
Well I hope you guys straighten it out. I can tell you that it's not about the money. DT poops 50 dollar bills.

There's no confusion about DonnyT. Gobbler has a ways to go to top this nut case.http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=333822&hl=donnyt

:popcorn:

Doing some searching I found the old thread:

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241552&page=2 See post #99

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=241552&page=2 See post #99
Wow. Didn't realize it's been that long. What's the interest on a $50 for 6 years?There are some classic Donnyisms in the rest of that thread.

This is a lot of words to say "you got me."

This is a lot of words to say "you got me."
Dude has made/paid and collected hundreds of side action bets over the years.

Last edited by a moderator:

You never shut up about anything.

Damn. I just clicked on this thread because I was bored. No idea that we would get a DonnyT appearance. I'm so glad I did it now. Somebody PM me next time Donny posts so that I don't have to wander into every random bull#### timschochet thread hoping for something good.

Wow. Didn't realize it's been that long. What's the interest on a $50 for 6 years?There are some classic Donnyisms in the rest of that thread.
Sixty-seven dollars and thirty-seven cents. And that's figuring conservatively at five percent interest, over six years, compounded quarterly. Or if you put it into a ten-year T-bill...

So after I started this thread, Dr. Gobbler disappeared from this forum for about a month, then returned tonight. Where is my $80, you ####? Watch him disappear again.

I just sent Dr. Gobbler my Paypal info yet again. If he pays me the $80, all is forgiven. I won't it hold it against him that he took a ####### YEAR!!!

We'll see if he pays...

Still hasn't paid. Now he's asking people to join him in protesting Montsanto. Why don't you pay me the $80 you owe me first, Dr. Gobbler?

Link to the bet please?
It's all through the thread. There were actually 3 bets made- $50 with me that the Clippers would have a better regular season record than the Lakers (this is 2011-2012). He made a $50 bet with Jmon on the same terms (which, to the best of my knowledge, he has not paid). He also made a $30 bet with me that the Knicks would beat the Lakers during the regular season in New York- after losing that bet earlier in the year, he asked that it be added to the total amount. Therefore, he owes me $80 and Jmon $50. I will try to find the exact posts and link them.

Link to the bet please?
It's all through the thread. There were actually 3 bets made- $50 with me that the Clippers would have a better regular season record than the Lakers (this is 2011-2012). He made a $50 bet with Jmon on the same terms (which, to the best of my knowledge, he has not paid). He also made a $30 bet with me that the Knicks would beat the Lakers during the regular season in New York- after losing that bet earlier in the year, he asked that it be added to the total amount. Therefore, he owes me $80 and Jmon $50. I will try to find the exact posts and link them.
Seems pretty open-and-shut to me.

PAY UP DEADBEAT!!!

Users who are viewing this thread